Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
12-14-2022, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2022, 06:39 PM by Rhyme. Edited 1 time in total.)

The sound of the ocean waves ebbing and flowing surrounded Rhyme and his consciousness. Rocking him gently into wakefulness from a dream of black memory. The tropical sun warmed his wet fur, though the autumn chill would keep him from returning to his sleep. A groan filled his lungs as his bleary eyes blinked open. His mouth was dry and crusted in salt, just as his nose and his dark fur. Sand filled every crevice and his muscles ached and screamed. Another groan left him as he gathered his paws beneath him and shook as he pushed his body from the sand.

Alarm raced through his veins as he focused on the land around him. He didn’t recognize anything, he knew nothing. What was his name? Where had he come from? Why was he here? The thought was interrupted as he suddenly started coughing up the saltwater still lodged within his lungs. He hung his head as he struggled to recover from what he could only assume was nearly drowning in the ocean.

Rhyme took in a huge breath, finally regaining control of his breathing. He was finally able to lift his head and take a better look around. He didn’t recognize this beach at all, before he was able to get up blue and lavender eyes fell on something that didn’t belong. He didn’t know anything else, but he knew the body on the sand was Shaye, and he had to go to her. ”Shaye!” He doubted himself and everything he was doing, but he knew who she was. ”Are you okay?” He spoke worriedly as he stumbled to her side.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
12-17-2022, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2022, 07:50 PM by Shaye. Edited 2 times in total.)
‘Shaye!’ The voice burst through her consciousness in a sudden flare of pain. It pulled her to the waking world, and suddenly her body had so much to say to her. Pain flared through her limbs, and the pounding of her head made her thoughts slow and sluggish.

She felt movement beside her as a wolf settled by her side. But the familiar scent of him kept her any sudden fear. Are you okay? The voice demanded, and she knew she needed to open her eyes. She just needed another moment. She was struggling to remember what had happened. What had led to her lying there, with sand beneath her body. She could feel a wave kissing her toes. She could guess some of what happened. Something to do with the ocean, a tragedy perhaps? A reason she was lying washed against the shore, feeling every ache in her body. She just needed to remember… to remember what, exactly? Her heart picked up as she realised just how little she remembered. Who was she? Who was she?? Shaye that familiar voice had called her Shaye, and as she thought it, the rightness settled into her. An identity. She found a relieved smile on her lips as she finally opened her eyes, and looked up at the worried wolf above her.

Who was he? “Rhyme” she said, before the thought had even fully formed. “Rhyme…. I know that name” she frowned, feeling the edge of a memory, but it fled her the moment she tried to grasp it. She lifted her head from the sand, but the movement was too sudden, and she groaned. Closing her eyes and swaying a moment. A frown forming between her brows. “What happened?” She asked, sure her companion would have the knowledge she was missing.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
12-18-2022, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 05:20 PM by Rhyme. Edited 1 time in total.)

She was motionless, and worry filled the young wolf’s chest when she didn’t stir at the sound of her name. He didn’t know anything beyond her name, not even his own. All the pain that lingered in his lungs and his joints was forgotten as his concern centered upon the black and silver woman beside him. Before he could try and rouse her again Rhyme watched as the corners of her lips pulled back into a soft smile and finally her bright blue eyes blinked open. Somehow he’d known she would have that brilliant gaze.

Shaye looked up at him, confusion just as evident in her expression as his own mind. Then she said his name, as soon as it left her lips he knew that was what he was called. ”I think it's mine.” Rhyme winced at the sharp pain in his brain. Like it was trying so hard to remember but nothing was coming to him. Despite the sudden headache he didn’t miss the frown that overcame his features. She asked him what happened.

Rhyme offered a pale paw to help her up from the sand. ”I don’t know. I didn’t… I didn’t even know my name until you said it.” He paused, head throbbing. ”There’s… nothing.” He shook his head, not quite able to shake the ache.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
12-18-2022, 05:18 PM
She blinked a couple more times, not trying to rise again. Instead, she concentrated on the wolf beside her. His dark coat was damp, and coated in sand. Her frown increased, and the pain behind her head slowly ebbed. But she knew it lingered, remaining. A threat if she tried to move too quickly, or think too hard.

Rhyme offered her a paw, and she took it. Moving cautiously lest she stir the fragile stability her brain had finally fallen into. “That’s…” She started to say, and then paused. His words helped her form a niggling thought. “That implies I know your name better than I do my own, and vice versa” She said. As she settled to her paws beside him. “I’ve got nothing either, but… I guess that means we can trust each other, right? We meant something to each other?” She glanced at him, looking to see if he was following her train of thoughts. If he formed the same conclusions.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
12-18-2022, 09:18 PM

The pair of them were in the same state, soaked through and covered with sand like they had just washed up onto the beach. He felt a huge relief knowing she was alright, he couldn’t remember anything but he knew he wanted her to be safe. She was special and that was an innate instinct already developed in his short life.

She accepted the offer of help to her paws, being much smarter than him while she lifted herself slowly and carefully. Shaye stood with him, looking a little more unsteady than he felt, but they were both returning to equilibrium. She didn’t remember anything else either, but her observations were the same conclusion he was coming to. They had to be important to one another.

”I already know you better than I know myself.” He offered with a chuckle despite the turmoil that lay before them. ”I’m certain it is no coincidence we’ve woken here together.” He looked into her eyes, so familiar, and yet his memories were empty. ”We should get clean and dry before we catch a chill.”

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
12-18-2022, 10:53 PM
When she was able to stand for a few moments without feeling as if she would topple over, she shook herself. Freeing some of the weight from her coat with the motion, shedding water and sand. Poor Rhyme, stood closely beside her. She closed her eyes as she quick movement increased her headache.

“No, It’s not” She agreed. “Whatever happens, are we in this together?” She asked, voice soft, a little unsteady as she looked into his duel-toned gaze. She didn’t know who he was, but his answer mattered. His answer would chase away some of the fear clinging to her harder than the salt water. She needed to not be in this alone. She knew nothing, and no one, and if she let herself dwell on that for too long, it would overwhelm her. “You're right, and we might find some shelter in those trees. I think I hear running water.” She licked her dry lips. Water, shelter, food, and healing. These needed to come before anything else.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
12-19-2022, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2022, 10:54 AM by Rhyme. Edited 1 time in total.)

He could manage to stand and concentrate through the pounding in his head, but they needed to move on despite the confusion that lingered. They wouldn’t make any progress standing here in the water trying to recall memories that weren’t coming. He held enough strength to help Shaye stand, she was much more uncertain on her paws than he was, but the only thing he knew was to stay by her side, and help keep her steady.

Shaye agreed, this was no coincidence they arrived together. She went on, stating what he felt. ”Together.” He agreed as their eyes met. ”I know one thing, I won’t leave your side.” A moment of silence lingered between them as he assured her, he knew nothing of himself or this world beyond the protective instinct within. She didn’t argue with his assessment, they needed to seek refuge and do what they could to survive. That came first, and hopefully the memories would follow.

His companion mentioned water and he nodded in agreement, his lips and mouth were dry, they needed water first and foremost. She had already shaken the water from her pelt, but he refrained as he offered his shoulder as he helped her and himself get to the shelter of the trees and fresh water.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
12-22-2022, 11:39 AM
Shaye nodded her head at Rhyme. The motion was a little stiff. Both from her uncertainty, and the soreness of her body. It was disconcerting to know she had an entire life that she couldn’t recall. Family, friends, Rhyme. It would be easy to cling tightly to the wolf she had clearly survived with. Yet, despite that thought, she felt no trepidation. No fear. Only trust/

She took his offered shoulder, leaning lighty against him, cautious of not putting too much weight on the other wolf. “Once we drink, we should wash up and search each other for wounds.” She suggested. Her entire body ached, so it was hard to know if any one thing felt more urgent then the rest.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
12-24-2022, 12:36 PM

He was sore and tired, his lungs were painful and his pelt was filled with sand, but none of it really mattered as he stood there with Shaye. Her comfort and her well being were so much more important. She leaned against his shoulder and he helped her towards the trees at the edge of the sands. They needed fresh water right now.

Shaye agreed with his assessment, they needed to refresh themselves and then they could move on. First off was their drink, then they could think about further looking at their predicament. Rhyme was almost certain he had no outward facing wounds, just the after effects of being given over to the ocean’s whim. Thankfully it was rather warm here considering the season they were in.

”And then I think that I could sleep for a week.” He chuckled softly as he led her into the copse of trees. He could smell fresh water, and he could hear the sound of running water.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
12-26-2022, 09:37 PM
Shaye had a few scraps that might need some seeing to, but she had a feeling so long as she kept them clean, they would be okay. Did that mean she had some experience with injuries? She prodded at the thought, trying to understand the parts of herself that she was missing. She felt like she had some knowledge there, but she didn’t know if it was trained knowledge or just the experience of living. Experience that she was… rather neglecting now.

Frowning, she limped after Rhyme, walking off the pins and needles in her paws as they made their way across the sand and towards the trees. Once they hit the tree line, the sound of running water intensified, and it wasn’t long before they were navigating through the branches and finding the waterfall beyond. She paused, taking in the sight of it. “It’s beautiful” she marvelled, before going to the edge of the rockfall beneath the waterfall and pulling herself into the water with a sigh. It was cold, but not painfully so. She lapped at the water before she let her coat soak into the water. Padding towards the waterfall, and letting the pressure blast away the rest of the salt and sand. Being clean felt good “Come here, I’ll clean the sand from your face” she said to Rhyme, stretching a paw out towards him.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
12-31-2022, 10:24 AM

He didn’t know how to unlock previous memories or information about his short life before waking on the shore with Shaye. She was the only familiarity that he had, and he would guard her and that fact with his life. They might never get their memories back, but they had new ones to look forward to. Once they were back to their full health. He helped her into the cover of the trees as they searched for fresh water. He had certainly had enough salt water for a lifetime.

They carefully made their way through the underbrush, careful not to exasperate their injuries, as they followed the sound. The pair of them were rewarded with an incredible sight. A beautiful little water feature surrounded by the lush seaside trees. He grinned at Shaye as he watched her behold the sight in front of them before he followed her into the cool refreshing waters.

He watched her for a moment before he took a long deep drink of the clear clean water before he followed her beneath the falls. He let it wash away the sand and salt, and he was cleaner than he remembered ever being before. Not that he remembered anything from the day before this. Rhyme sighed heavily, tempted to remain there in the falls for the rest of his life before his name fell from Shaye’s lips. He blinked open his relaxed gaze and did as he was bid, floating closer to her dark form, allowing her to do as she would. ”I feel better already,” he told her as he let her clean up his dirty face.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
12-31-2022, 03:13 PM
Me, too” she said with a relieved sigh. The water felt good on her sore muscles, and feeling clean… well. Weirdly enough, it was the first time she could ever remember being clean. She enjoyed the sensation of the waterfall on her back as Rhyme joined her. She studied him for a moment. Her eyes flicked across his features. Searching for something, some hidden meaning in his existence and her memory of him. Looking at him was like looking at Home, and it left a strange yearning inside of her. Cruel, considering she hadn’t the faintest idea who he was to her.

After a moment, she sat on her haunches. Grateful for the shallow water before brushing her tongue around his ears and under his eyes. Cleaning away the last traces of their castaway fate. That done, she leaned back again and found her eyes examining the water around him. No sign of blood, or indication of an injury she had missed under all the sand. “We should probably get ourselves dry and look for a place to sleep. We can see how good the hunting is in the morning?” she suggested, bringing her gaze back to his eyes to see if he would suggest hunting sooner. She could feel some hunger pangs, but ultimately she wanted to rest. Perhaps in the morning, her body would feel less abused.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
01-02-2023, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 09:24 PM by Rhyme. Edited 1 time in total.)

She sighed her response softly, feeling as relieved as he was to be clean from the ocean’s dregs. He closed his eyes as she helped him clean the excess from his face, the feeling of her soft tongue a comfort that reminded him of home. Whatever or wherever home was. He relaxed there under the waterfall, the water was unseasonably warm, but not much of a surprise for how tropical this place really was. With his eyes closed and Shaye so close he felt for a moment like he was reliving an old memory, but just as his mind reached out to grab it, the mirage disappeared. Like the harder he tried to remember, the less progress he made.

His own sigh of contentment left him as she pulled away from his now, sand and salt free features. Blinking open blue and lavender eyes he gazed at her once more. She was so frustratingly familiar, and yet he had no idea why. Where had they come from? What were they to one another? Why were they here? The questions would remain a mystery that he didn’t know how to solve.

Rhyme tried to ignore the feeling of unknown as Shaye spoke again, they really needed to get dry and have a good sleep. He did feel the exhaustion of almost drowning in the ocean so there was no fight against the course of action. Except from the rumbling of his belly in protest. ”No matter how hungry I am, we should have a good sleep first. We won't catch anything if we’re too tired and worn out to complete a real hunt.” He could sleep on an empty belly, he could probably sleep through anything right now.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
01-08-2023, 12:27 AM
She left the choice to him, and found he agreed with her. He must be as exhausted as she was. Filling her belly with water and washing away the grime had only emphasised her own exhaustion. She needed time to heal, to sooth the battered feeling of her body. Surely some of their memories would return with the morning. Right?

“Alright, so we agree. Sleep first.” she said, her words punctuated by a yawn as she pushed her way through the water and pulled herself to shore with little grace. She shook out her coat, and shivered a little in the wind. They needed to find somewhere to sleep, and she was loath to go too far from the peaceful little waterfall they had found. But they didn’t know this land, and what other predators used it as a watering hole.

It would probably be wise to put at least a little distance between it and them. She sighed , taking a couple steps, her paws dragging. It was probably wise to keep close to the beach. Logical dictated that predators would be more likely to come from inland. She just needed to head… she turned triangulating her position, and her head spun. She winced, dizzy and sank to her stomach. Suddenly, the idea of moving seemed too difficult to bear.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
01-09-2023, 09:56 PM

She wanted to sleep just as much as he did. Now that those beginning rushes of adrenaline were dwindling the exhaustion was setting in. His eyelids were heavy as much as his limbs as the pair of them drug themselves out of the water. The cool air hit them heavily, and they really needed to find somewhere out of the wind. An old den would be best, and he wished he had a fur to throw over his back.

”Let's go inland. Maybe we can find a cave or an old den.” He suggested as he lifted himself out of the water after Shaye had shaken her pelt out. He stepped away to do so himself so she didn’t get her more wet. He couldn’t help the yawn that parted his jaws as he returned to her side. If they stayed close they could block the wind from one another’s side and share in each other’s warmth until they could find shelter. He hoped this strange land would be kind to them.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
01-18-2023, 04:27 PM
Her thoughts had been to move closer to the ocean, but Rhyme suggested heading inland. She found herself instinctively trusting his decisions. If she hadn’t been so bone weary she might have tossed that thought around her mind a few times. It was likely an important clue to what was missing.

She lay on her stomach a moment longer, and Rhyme returned to her side. She could feel him standing beside her, a presence beyond her pounding head and aching body. She sighed, knowing she had to move. She couldn’t give in to the temptation to stay there. She climbed shakily to her paws, leaning heavily against Rhyme as she did so. “Alright, inland.” She agreed softly, and started to move. Perhaps everything would look a little better after some sleep.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
01-23-2023, 10:30 AM

Maybe it was washing up on the beach, covered in sand and salt, while absolutely exhausted that he shied away from finding shelter close to the sea. Something in him craved a little thicket, shielded from the wind and elements, where he could curl up and sleep off this terrible dream. Maybe they would remember more once they had some rest under their belts. His determination was stronger than hers as he stood and blue and lavender eyes scanned the horizon. Calculating the best path to take, relying purely on instinct now. There were no memories to fall back on, or learned knowledge to guide them. They were on their own, but he couldn’t describe the comfort knowing that Shaye was at his side.

He helped her get up, though he couldn’t miss how hesitant she was to get to her paws. Shaye was more exhausted than he was, but he’d get her somewhere safe. She agreed with him and leaned against him as he set them off. Gladly letting her lean into him, and giving her whatever strength he had left. He knew that he couldn't take them very far or Shaye was liable to fall asleep on her paws. His top priority was keeping her at his side so his massive paws walked them slowly into the forest beyond the beaches. He could still hear the waterfall when the perfect place came into sight.

There was a bit of bramble between a couple of very old trees with a deer path leading into a small clearing. It was sheltered from the elements and any eyes that might be prying. ”Right here,” He offered softly as he led her to the soft grasses. He helped her get comfortable before he let himself lay down beside her.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
02-05-2023, 02:06 AM
Shaye fought her mind every step of the way. Exhausted and hurting, yet she just couldn’t help the tenacity that drove her. She needed to know. To find the missing pieces. To remember the times she had spent with Rhyme that were now lost to her. He mattered to her. In a way that almost hurt. Looking at his battered body left a surge of protectiveness shooting through her. But fighting her own mind did nothing but increase the headache pounding behind her skull.

She leaned on him - more heavily then she would have liked, or let herself if she realised the extent of it. And together they walked - swayed, really - until Rhyme’s clever eyes found them a sheltered little place up a deer trail. She half fell against the soft grass, and when he joined her, she curled up with him. The warmth of his body against hers chasing away some of the pain. She closed her eyes, and let out a soft sigh. “I don’t care where we are, this is home” She said. And she didn’t mean the location at all.

"Speech"

Rhyme

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
KatG6
02-05-2023, 07:31 PM

Thankfully for Rhyme the fresh stream water had helped to subdue the headache that was pouding in his head. Though his thoughts were far more driven by the present moment than Shaye’s were. He helped her along, however strained he knew he would help carry whatever weight she needed to share with him. He remembered nothing, but he knew that his devotion should be to Shaye, the only wolf or things in the world that he recognized. The only thing that was important.

He helped her into the thicket, careful to make sure any squeezing meant that the briars got his coat instead of hers. Until they finally curled up into the the tiny clearing. The grass still had a bit of softness to it, and it was mostly protected from the wind and elements. Plus he didn’t think Shaye would make it much further. Both of them mostly collapsed onto the ground, but it felt natural to curl up with one another there. He fit around her like a puzzle piece, and the warmth between them soothed the chill that threatened to overcome him. They had nothing but each other, but it seemed like that was all they would need.

Rhyme held her a little tighter as she whispered to him sleepily, and he knew she didn’t mean this thicket they sheltered in. Her arms, his arms, together they were home. It didn’t matter what could be remembered when he had the most important thing right here. ”Home.” He agreed with a quiet ruble as he lay his head over her protectively and closed his eyes. Eager for a deep sleep.

Shaye

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Seadragoness
02-09-2023, 10:49 PM
She was so tired, but she wasn’t sure she would be able to sleep. Her head was a deafening buzz of thoughts and questions. They had so much to plan for, so much to do. So many questions to answer, and so little clues. But as Rhyme placed his head gently over her, she felt them begin to quiet. She breathed softly, feeling his warmth chase away the chill. She realised in that moment that things could be so much worse - she could be here alone, without this wolf beside her. With Rhyme, she would never be alone.

“We’ll figure this out” She whispered quietly, and finally, finally, she closed her eyes. Letting sleep take her far from here.

"Speech"