Intermediate Fighter (30)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
12-05-2022, 10:48 PM

Today the child had moved to the third floor of the castle, deciding to see what she could find on her own now that she wasn’t under the watchful eyes of her parents. She wasn’t entirely sure her parents would be okay with this but that was a problem for her later on. For now Elowen was going to take her exploring very seriously, her bi-colored eyes scanning the area as she reached the top stairs to see if the third floor looked much different from the second floor. Sadly it didn’t, but that was okay! The girl padded to one of the unused rooms and pushed the door open… and sneezed. Ew! What was that smell? Dust? Elowen frowned a little as she wondered how long the room had been without an occupant… and if she should head in or not.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-06-2022, 11:44 PM

He made his way into the castle for the first time in a long time. He hadn't been in here since Talis had been here, and he couldn't say that nostalgia had hit him like it probably should have. The castle was different than he remembered, the colors and banners and everything that he remembered was different. Save for the things that couldn't be changed, but still. He wandered around a good bit, and eventually made his way up the flights of stairs until he came upon the third floor. This was where he used to reside, and he wondered if his old room had become occupied...or if it was still empty. The answer for that came soon enough.

As he walked down the hall, he spotted one of the Hallow's newer members peeking into a room, and as he drew closer, he realized it was his. Well...his old room, anyway. It wasn't his now anymore, hadn't been for years. "I see you found my old room. Looks like it could use a bit of dusting..." He grumbled, glancing briefly at the pup.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Elowen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
12-14-2022, 11:56 PM

Elowen was ready to turn away and leave the room behind when the voice of a stranger was heard. The young she-pup turned her attention to the man, and she frowned thoughtfully as he said that she had found his old room. “This is your old room? How long has it been since you’ve been in here? It smells so dusty!” She wrinkled her nose at the smell. It was strong, meaning that the man hadn’t stepped foot in there for quite some time.

“Mother says we should take care of the things we own, so… you should come in here and dust!” The little pup stepped into the room, motioning for Greed to follow. “Come on! I’ll help you, mister!” She offered the man smile. If he was part of the Hallows then it was her job to help him. He was also pretty old, so he might need the extra set of paws helping him anyway… her parents did say to be respectful and kind to her elders after all!

"Talk," 'Think.'

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-26-2022, 09:41 PM

He regarded the pup's question for a moment, trying to think of how many years it had been. But time had moved on so fast that he couldn't quite recall. "It's been...years. Far longer than you and your parents and possibly your grandparents have been alive." Damn...he knew he was old, but that realization hit him harder than he thought. “Mother says we should take care of the things we own, so… you should come in here and dust!” "The things we own..." He murmured. He didn't really own this room anymore, but...maybe he'd change his mind when they were done. "Well it's not mine anymo-" He began, but the pup cut him off. “Come on! I’ll help you, mister!” He watched as the pup motioned him inside, and like an obedient child, he followed her. Also...nobody had called him mister before! Not even Avalon's brood when they were this young! "Damn I really am getting old..." He muttered under his breath as he followed the kid into the room.

He wasn't sure where to begin, but he supposed they had to start somewhere. He looked to the spot by the window where he had once frequented on lazy afternoons. The corner where he used to keep his crafts, the bed he had slept on that was now worn down and full of dust and other stains. Pelts were strewn about, some probably from when he had been here last and others likely from more recent months. He approached the window, gently wiping at the cobwebs that covered the windowsill so he could take a peek outside. "I'll start here, and you can start...I dunno, wherever you want I guess?"

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Elowen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
12-29-2022, 10:44 PM

Elowen moved into the room, her bi-colored eyes narrowing thoughtfully as she considered where to begin cleaning. The amount of time that had passed since the room was last cleaned was unfathomable to the pup, especially when the man mentioned that it had been years since he’d last been in there. How old was the wolf she was helping anyway? She hoped she hadn’t been mean to him… a flicker of worry passed through her and El glanced over her shoulder at the older wolf as he moved to the window to start to clean. She thought about asking him if he was alright, but he didn’t appear to be too bothered. He even said that he would start over there, saying she could start wherever she wanted.

Elowen’s ears perked up at that. “Okay!” She moved over to some of the pelts just thrown about on the floor. Grabbing one carefully in her jaws she started to move it to one side of the bed. First things first, she had to make sure that these pelts were up in a pile so that way they wouldn’t be a tripping hazard. Safety first, right? The pelts were a little heavy, but Elowen was stubborn about moving them. Once she had gotten two of them over to her designated drop-off spot she glanced back to the older wolf.

“How come you don’t live at the castle anymore?” She asked, her voice soft. “You still smell of our pack. Don’t you like being around others?” The child was being nosey but it was also that innocent child curiosity that made her a little too prying into the man’s personal life.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-30-2022, 08:47 PM

He set about cleaning the window and dusting away the cobwebs while Elowen set about cleaning up the pelts that were on the floor. As he brushed away cobwebs, he couldn't help but reminisce about the old days. The days when he was young and his Ancoran family were at the height of their prime. When Avalon was younger and well...alive. He owed her a great deal. She had been like a mother to him when his own mother had abandoned him. She had taught him a lot and guided him through things when he felt like his world had grown dark and hazy. She had been there through his good days and his bad days, and through it all, she had always been there for him with a gentle, guiding hand. And now he was trying to do the same for Claire.

It wasn't until he heard the pup's voice that he was pulled from nostalgic thoughts, almost missing her question as he turned to look at her. “How come you don’t live at the castle anymore? You still smell of our pack. Don’t you like being around others?” He regarded her for a moment as he absentmindedly wiped off some more cobwebs before dusting off his paws and tail. "I...used to live here, many many years ago before your father was even born. Before the Hallows, in a pack called Talis. We used to roam and live in these halls, and these rooms were our own back then." He gaze fondly around the room, walking towards another window and using his tail to dust it off. "I admit, even back then, while I loved the family that took me in when I was your age, I was never much one for socializing...or really being around others. I preferred my own company, or of those that I really trusted." Was that too much for a pup to understand? He wasn't sure. It sounded simple enough to him. "Some like being in the company of others all the time and large gatherings...others, like myself, not as much. Nothing wrong with it. I've always been a loner by nature, though I hate being a rogue. It's just who I am. Who I've always been."

Was that enough to satiate her curiosity? He hadn't even realized how much he was talking to her. Pups were never really his thing, but perhaps with age, there was an internal longing in his sub-conscience. "Perhaps after we get it nice and clean, I may consider moving back in." He mused.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

Elowen

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
01-08-2023, 11:30 PM

The man said that he used to live here, years and years ago, even before her dad was born, or the Hallows existed. Elowen frowned, thoughtfully listening as she tried to wrap her head around the idea of a pack that seemed practically ancient. She was trying to follow, but it seemed strange. How come he liked to be alone so much? He said there wasn’t anything wrong with it. He didn’t want to be a rogue though, so that meant he had to have some loyalty to the pack he was in back then, and to the Hallows now. That was why he was helping clean up, right? As he finished, he made the comment once they got the room clean, he might consider moving back in.

This caused Elowen to smile. “I think you should. Even if you don’t like being around others a lot, you don’t want to be a rogue, so that means you want to be part of the pack. Maybe you just need to have smaller gatherings, with those you trust…” Elowen gave a firm nod of her head. “We’ll get it clean, you wait and see!” The girl moved, using her tail to dust at a small bedside table. “I’ll help you make sure it’s clean, then you can bring your friends here when you want. Even if you choose to live in another part of the Hallows. It can be your private place!” She glanced back at him.

“I promise I won’t enter without permission.”

"Talk," 'Think.'