gems
size
Large species
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Attack!1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Treat 2019
01-02-2023, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 12:48 AM by Balian. Edited 1 time in total.)

He had to admit, this was one place he had never been to. He had avoided these lands at all costs, simply for the fact that they were treacherous. He walked the outskirts, unwilling to go further in without reason. The hawk above him soared high, keeping an eye on things from above while he and the monkey on his back kept a feel out for any potential sudden shifts. While he always liked to think himself tough, he wasn't an idiot. A broken or injured leg for his kind often meant death. And he wasn't keen on ending up anyone's meal out here. He had never truly experienced many earthquakes in his life...at least none that could be considered dangerous enough to frighten him. But he had heard things about this place, but he figured that if they happened frequently (or so he heard), that the quakes would be felt in other lands...and yet...he seldom felt them, if at all. Maybe wolves were just dramatic and trying to scare him because he was more of a prey animal in their eyes. Regardless of whatever the case might be, he was still cautious...for now, he walked on the outskirts with care, all of his senses alert and listening for the smallest sign that he might need to get out of here!

WC: 221/1,500

"Speech"

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (465)

Master Navigator (285)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
01-02-2023, 01:22 AM

Calico Jack loves to explore. There is no place too far or land too scary for the young pup to go and conquer. Is he supposed to be out of pack lands, traveling far away from his family on his own? Eh, probably not but he isn’t worried. Jolly Roger lazily circles overhead, the warm air creating nice thermals for him to glide on. Meanwhile, on the ground, Jack and Flying Dutchman cut a path across the strange land that is… unremarkable.

As far as Jack can see there are just strange hills, downed trees, and cracked earth. He has never heard of this place or earthquakes that often plague this land. So, to him, it is very boring. Full of hubris and confident in his safety, the young pirate continues to lazily walk through the land. Suddenly, on the horizon a speck of color appears and Jolly Roger caws out the approach of a stranger. Altering his path so that Cal can intercept the stranger, the small pirate hopes that they can shed some light on why this place is dull.

As he draws closer, the shape forms into a tall, towering horse and excitement has the pup picking up his pace. Paws gather speed as he rushes to meet this cool stranger and Jack lets out a bark of greeting as he draws near. Slowing when is close to the stallion, Cal says, “Whoa! You’re huge! Wait, can you understand me? Please tell me you talk!” The cat known as Flying Dutchman stands near them, his tail beginning to swish back and forth in agitation as he feels something that the pup has yet to pick up on. A hiss suddenly fills the air as he tries to get Calico Jack’s attention.

WC: 294
Total WC: 515 / 1500

"Calico Jack"

Balian

Avalon
Undecided

Expert Fighter (170)

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Large species
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Attack!1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Treat 2019
01-03-2023, 01:48 AM

So far so good...things seemed relatively quiet, and Balian was beginning to wonder if the rumors he had heard were simply that. Rumors. He snorted and rolled his eyes, probably now the butt of a joke somewhere with the wolves that had told him this place was dangerous. It was pretty desolate here with fallen trees and just...lifeless. His steps echoed through the Barren Hills as he decided to throw caution to the wind, making his way through so he could cut across to the next land over. Greener grass on the other side and all that. He didn't have to go far, however, before a call from his flying companion told him something was approaching, and as he perked his ears forward and waited, a...kid? came running up to him. Whoa! Where had he come from!? What was a kid doing out here? He didn't know how old this kid was, but shouldn't his parents be with him? At the kid's latter question, Balian snorted and tossed his head before looking at the kid again. "Of course I can understand you and talk, wolf kid! I'm not stupid!" He snorted again as he shook his head. "Where are you parents? Shouldn't they be here with you?" He questioned, though maybe this little wolf was old enough to be out on his own now? He wasn't sure. While yes, he had lived with one pack and currently lived in another, he still didn't know about the growth stages of wolves yet. When they went off on their own and all that stuff.

He was about to ask another series of questions when the boys hissing cat got his attention, and Balian wondered what on earth was twisting its tail. But then...he felt a tight grip on his mane, and the howler monkey, Idu, was sitting up and seemed tense. "What is it, Idu...?" He turned his head to glance at the primate, but before Idu could respond, the ground suddenly began to shake and violently buckled beneath him, nearly bringing the stallion to his knees in surprise as he was thrown off balance. He felt like his breath had been knocked from him even though nothing had hit him, and his heart hammered against his chest. He neighed in surprise, struggling to get his feet beneath him. Oh, but the kid! Was the kid okay?! "H-hey kid! Are you okay? We need to get outta here!" The only problem was, if they had to outrun the rest of this...he knew the kid wouldn't be able to keep up on his own.

WC: 946/1,500

"Speech"

Calico Jack

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (465)

Master Navigator (285)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Critical Dodge!1KPride - PansexualOoh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
OverachieverUnderachiever
01-03-2023, 02:54 AM
Calico Jack approaches the stallion, eyes wide with wonder as joins the stranger. It snorts and tosses its head and… talks! A grin splits his maw as the horse talks and the pup says, “I didn’t mean to offend or imply you’re stupid. I just… well… you’re the first of your kind I have seen like… this!” A paw gestures at his monkey friend before dropping back to the ground. The stallion asks about his parents and the boy shrugs his calico shoulders nonchalantly, saying, “Eh, mom’s busy with her pack and I got bored. See, I really like to exploring. Plus, I’m not getting into trouble or anything…” A warm small grin is offered as he moves around to get a better look at the big horse, marveling at how cool he really is.

Suddenly, Flying Dutchman begins to hiss and Jack looks to his cat, confusion tugging the lines of his face down. While Dutchman is a newer edition to his little band, Cal trusts the cat’s instinct. Looking into the golden amber eyes of his friend, the boy reads the distress and agitation in the feline. Eyes widen as a small tremor rolls across the ground, a promise of what is to come. The stallion’s voice pulls his attention up and, as he opens his mouth to voice his fear, the ground begins to move. Dutchman hisses, racing to his side as Jack spreads his paws to get a better grip on the ground.

Calico holds his breath as the earth tries to tear itself apart, the constant shaking making his stomach roll in time with the ground and his head begins to swim. The stallion shouts to him but the pup does not trust his voice to answer. Instead, as fear grips his heart, the pup stumbles sideways, toward the large horse and bumps into his leg to show he is with him. Strong teeth grab his scruff, lifting his small body off the shaking ground and depositing him onto the horse’s board back. Flattening himself against the stallion, small paws wind themselves into the stranger’s mane and a sudden, reassuring pressure behind him pins the pup in place. A soft purr lets Jack know that Flying Dutchman is with him.

Eyes squeeze shut as the horse begins to move and, between the shaking and movement, it takes all of Jack’s resolve not to paint the horse’s mane with his meal. While they move, he ponders why this place is the way it is and, if it shakes like this so often, how come they don’t feel it at his home? Heart thunders as they move, eyes remaining firmly closed as he holds onto the stallion for dear life. It feels like an eternity before the shaking begins to lessen, and the boy idly wonders where they are. When the ground becomes stable and the stranger slows, Cal finds his small body is trembling against his strong back.

A soft purr reassures Jack that he is alive and a gentle lick on his brow has him blinking open his eyes. He remains hugging the stallion’s neck, afraid that, if he lets go, the shaking will begin again. Gathering his wits, the pup clears his throat and says, “Tha... thank you. You’re a strong runner.” Words fail to express his gratitude to the stallion. Being tangled in his mane, the boy realizes that the horse has the scent of a pack on him. With a mighty sigh, he says, “My name is Calico Jack. I am part of the pirate pack that takes up the black beach. I… I can never repay you for saving me but, it you find yourself over my way, I’d be glad to show you around.”

Hesitating a moment, the pup then offers the stallion a gentle lick of thanks before attempting to unwind his muscles, and legs from their locked position.

WC: 650
Total WC: 1596 / 1500

"Calico Jack"