Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-05-2023, 12:58 AM
The Warlord was constantly seeking distraction. Being alone with his thoughts was unwelcoming and dangerous. As a faint rumbling started in the distance, Seer knew they were in for a storm. In the North, that meant snow was more likely than rain. It was going to be a cold day. If the biting wind blowing in from the North was any indication, and wouldn’t let up for a while. He had some time before the worst of the storm reached them, so he took the time to check their watchpoints and check in with the patrols.

He made his way to First Light Point first, knowing Keahi was up there. He brought with him a woollen coat and some well wrapped hot food. Both items were stored in a pack he borrowed from the stores. He knew Keahi saw him long before he arrived, but he held his peace until he was within comfortable talking range. “How’s it looking?” He asked as he reached the highest point.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

VengeanceOoh La LaSamhain 2022ScarredDouble Master
01-05-2023, 01:49 AM

The red woman sits at the top of First Light Point, watching as the clouds build in the distance. Since the raid, Keahi has attempted to hide herself away, to hide the scar that mars her cheek and the sadness that weighs heavily on her shoulders. It is easier, up here, above the world where she can read the sky for the coming storms. Nose twitches as she smells the snow in the moisture laden air and feels the blizzard in the sharp, cold gusts of wind.

A shiver races along her spine as the tropical woman is reminded of how truly and utterly cold it is in the North. Even her polar bear lined armor offers little protection against the freezing bite of the wind. Movement catches her eye and she turns her deep ocean blues down to the pathway and traces the Warlord’s path up the winding mountain way. A gentle smile appears on her red lips as she watches his progress, a warmth spreading through her chest at his familiar presence.

Azure is a great Warlord too but, with Sirius, the woman feels a little more kinship. He was the one to welcome her into the Armada’s fold and Keahi feels the sadness that has hung around her shoulders since the botched raid lift slightly. Yet, as quickly as the happiness appears, despair chases it away. Life has changed since the family left for the Hallows and, while the family has returned, the missing piece that is Zee is felt around the Armada.

Eyes turn back up the sky, watching the clouds darken into different shades of gray while Sirius continues his climb. Thoughts of Zee and the loss the Fatalis family is dealing with stirs the tropical woman into action. Mouth parts and she sings out for the pack and for those who the once Queen has left behind,
“Aloha ʻoe, aloha ʻoe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo
One fond embrace, A hoʻi aʻe au
Until we meet again”

She sings for the joyful times and difficult ones, the happiness and the sadness that surrounds the pack. Keahi sings for those left behind and the Queen now resting in eternal peace. The last word fills the air, her gentle tones rolling the lyric out into the air where is fades into nothing. Eyes trail down to Sirius, noticing he is close now and the red woman subtly shifts in her seated position. It opens a spot for the large dire to sit comfortably beside her and the pair can share their warmth while watching the growing storm.

Sirius joins her at the highest point, asking about the weather and she turns her soft ocean blue gaze up to him, humming a moment before saying, “Looks like a blizzard. First big storm of season. There will be a lot of snow and wind. Might be wise to have the pack begin preparations to hunker down.” Her tone is light and gentle and a warm smile is one Keahi’s red lips. A paw pats the space beside her, inviting Sirius to join her and watch the clouds.

OOC Translation: “Farewell to thee, farewell to thee
The charming one who dwells in the shaded bowers
One fond embrace, 'Ere I depart
Until we meet again”

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-05-2023, 01:59 AM
As Keahi shifted position, the Warlord slid into the spot beside her. Leaning ever so slightly against the smaller wolf as he took a look across the vast view from the Point. He loved it here, and he didn’t mind the cold. He could see for miles. The icy landscape in one direction, and rolling forests in another. The biting wind swept up the scents from below, and cleared the clouds ahead. Even as they ushered on the ones that would bring the storm. If he turned his back to the darkening clouds, the open sky was breathless in its endlessness.

The Warlord nodded his head. His Diplomat was their current expertise in reading the landscape. He made a mental note to send Crux her way. “I’ll do that” He agreed. “I’m making rounds through the guards now. I thought it wise to start with you, and you’ve proved me right” He said with a wry chuckle. “Here. I brought these for you.” He said, opening the bag to pass out first the woollen cloak, which he snatched in his teeth and shook out. Spreading across her back. Insulating her beneath it and the polar bear armour. Next, he passed her the wrapped and heated meat. “You should eat it while it's still warm. You’ll appreciate the warmth in your belly soon enough” he advised her.

He fell silent for a moment, and when he spoke again, his voice was softer than before. “What was that you were singing? While I was climbing”’

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-05-2023, 02:28 AM

Sirius joins her, sliding into the spot she made for him and leaning slightly into her side. Keahi does not hesitate, mirroring his action and leans back into him. A content sigh rolls past her red lips as she shares the view with the Warlord and easily reports on the weather. He agrees with her assessment and talks about making the rounds with everyone. The smile that has been on her lips warms further and, when he reveals that the contents of the bag are for her, the red woman’s eyes widen with gratitude.

The fact that he remembers how the frigid North disagrees with her and has gone out of his way to bring her a woolen cloak has Keahi bowing her head in silent thanks and respect. He places it around her shoulders and she pulls away from slightly so that it fully encompasses her shoulders before returning to leaning into his side. Next, he passes her a parcel of wrapped meat, the warmth from the fire that was used to heat it, spreading from it and into her paws as she gratefully unwarps the offering.

With the warm meat in her paws, she lifts it slightly toward the Warlord, bows her head and says, “Mahalo.” The word is simple, an expression of thanks that has deep hidden roots within the woman’s culture. Thankfully, she digs into the meat, savoring the way the warmth spreads from her belly outward. The Warlord’s voice pulls her attention back up to him and his question about what was singing causes the tropical wolf to shuffle the meat in her paws slightly.

Offering a small, slightly embarrassed, smile, Keahi explains, “It is a small… offering I was giving to the pack and your deceased mate. In my culture, we believe that everyone is sacred and that we should all be respectful of that fact. It is important to thank that spark of being that came here and I was saying farewell and reminding Zee’s soul that we will see each other again. I... I wish I had taken the chance to get to know her better.” Guilt tugs at her features as he eyes fall to the warm meat in her paws.

The frigid wind is trying to steal its heat and Keahi takes another bite, enjoying the path of the warmth as is moves down her throat and into her belly. Ocean blue eyes move to look out over the land and she softly says, “I am so sorry for your loss Sirius. If there is anything I can do to help you or the pack, please tell me and I will do it.” Work is something she is good at and, if it can take some weight off his shoulders, she will gladly throw herself into whatever he wishes.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-05-2023, 02:37 AM
His expression… simply put, shut down at the mention of his mate. The faint comfort in his expression that came from being around his wolf faded behind the blank lines of his face. He had come here to distract himself from the steady reminder the storm already gave him. Of the ways she used to curl against his side when the wind lashed and thunder roared. It had been during a storm that she had called him her best friend. Expressed her need for him. It had been for a storm that they had discovered a bond between them. He had loved storms, though he hadn’t liked the way they had frightened Zee. he had always enjoyed the fizz of power on his tongue and the static in his coat when a good one got going.

Now storms were pain. Pain, as Keahi’s words where. He looked away from her. Facing the sky, in whatever direction ensured his face was tilted away from Keahi’s. He would have kept their talk to the weather, patrols, and warm food. But perhaps he had no one but himself to blame. He had asked, not understanding the meaning behind her words. He couldn’t help the way he flinched when her name rolled off the tongues of others. He thought it might be a long time before he could say it without the hurt that accompanied it. A long time, like the rest of his life.

“It would be a kindness if we spoke of other things” He said gruffly. “Crux had expressed an interest in navigation. Would you speak to him, and shore up what little knowledge I could give him?”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-05-2023, 05:20 PM

Keahi realizes her mistake when the Warlord closes off completely. Mentally, the red woman kicks herself for speaking of his dead mate since she knows that each wolf deals with death differently. His features go flat and a blank and a distant look rests in the place where his once welcoming gaze was. She has overstepped her boundaries, tried to offer comfort to the wolf she holds in high regards and found the limit of their relationship. Sadness tugs at her heart as she diverts her blue gaze down to the rapidly cooling meat in her paws. She takes a moment to quietly consume the rest of her meal and allow him to collect himself.

Licking her paw pads clean, the cold woman then pulls the cloak a little tighter around her form and shifts her weight off the Warlord, allowing him room both mentally and physically to rebuild his walls. His gruff voice fills the air and she looks up at the clouds, dipping her head in understanding to his statement before offering, “I would be honored to teach him what I know. I can set up a lesson for him and any others who might like to learn.” A pause as she casts him a sideways glance and adds, “If that is alright with you.” Her tone is kind but formal as she asks his permission.

It seems appropriate since they seem to have reverted to a more business-like relationship. Casting her eyes down at the Col below them, Keahi says, “I also have some suggestions for helping to navigate the Col during snowstorms; if you are interested.” Her tone is slightly more official as she addresses him, easily slipping back into professional mode while they talk. The red woman does not do it to be rude but to allow the Warlord a way to distance himself emotionally. She wishes him only happiness and, if keeping others at arm’s length helps, then she will be happy to oblige. A gently smile is on her lips as she continues to gaze at the land below them so that the Warlord does not have to look her in the eye.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-05-2023, 05:36 PM
He knew there was a cost to shutting her down. He felt it fizzle in the air between them as if the rain had started. But the storm hadn't reached them yet. Not the physical one that waited beneath the clouds, at any rate. The mental one had found them just fine. Putting them at odds, when moments before there had been kinship. He closed his eyes, and let himself think of Zee. If only for a moment. He thought of the battered explorer, the mother with endless love for her kits. And then he put her away again. Shoving her down where her existence hurt a little less. He realised then that Keahi had been keeping her peace. Pulling a little away from him. In hurt? Possibly. There was nothing he could do about it now.

"Of course, Keahi. I trust you with my little ones." He said, his voice gentling a little. He couldn't take back the first bite of his words. Couldn't change how much pain stabbed through him at the mention of her name. But there was a quiet apology in his words. When he looked to her he found her very carefully studying anything but him. He frowned, and there was a slight growl when he spoke her name next. "Keahi." He said. "Keahi, look at me." He waited for his wolf to obey. "My short comings are not your own. I was not scolding you, but telling you my limits. If that makes you uncomfortable, I'll leave you to enjoy the storm alone."

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-05-2023, 06:08 PM

Keahi’s actions are not meant as a slight toward Sirius. No, they are meant to allow him the space he seems to need. Looking out at the coming storm, she talks about teaching Crux, slipping in a request for his permission since that is what she believes he wishes from her. It seems that the limit of their friendship has been found and she easily slips back to the side of it that the Warlord is comfortable with. Nothing more and nothing less. A respectful dip of her head is given to his words, a warm, friendly smile pulling at the corners of her lips.

Since the mention of his dead mate seems to have made Sirius shut down, the woman is careful to avoid any personal talk for fear of making him pull even further away. A slight growl from beside her has the red woman’s ears slicking backward in apology as she wonders if her suggestions are also unwelcomed. Hesitating a moment to allow a neutral, yet friendly, mask slip over her features, she then turns her ocean blue eyes turn toward him. Slowly, they trail up body until locking with his bright gaze. Ears slide forward, listening to his words and dipping her head in understanding.

Silence falls as Sirius finishes speaking and Keahi searches his gaze for a moment longer. A small, warm smile as the red woman gently says, “I did not think you were scolding me, Sirius. Every wolf has their limits and I know that. For some… it is easier to build walls and section off their lives. I do not blame you or think you should not do that.” Brows furrow as she speaks, hoping she is making sense. Feeling her words are inadequate, she huffs a sigh and shrugs her shoulders which makes the cloak fall of one. Yet, she does not move to adjust it, needing to convey what he means to her.

Taking a deep breath, she continues on, “You mean a lot to me, Sirius. You showed me kindness and gave me a home when I thought everything was lost. But, more than that, you reminded me what it means to live. I do not wish to overstep or push you away and risk damaging our friendship. That is all.” A gentle smile is given to the Warlord as she allows her gaze to shift out to the storm, enjoying the way the clouds roll with the coming snow. Softly, Keahi says, “Stay Sirius. Please. Watch the clouds with me?” The question is gentle and she turns her eyes up to catch his gaze before offering a warm smile.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-05-2023, 07:09 PM
His wolf faced him, and he met her gaze. Refusing anything less, as he sought to read her through her expression. Her words seemed sincere, but he was sure he had read hurt in the way she had turned from him. He watched as her coat slipped down, allowing a cool breeze to ruffle a coat meant for a different climate. He reached forward, bringing him in closer to her as he tugged on the wool. Bringing it back over her shoulder. Then, he pulled on each corner and tucked them under the polar bear armor. Offering them more stability.

He snorted at her words at finding a reason to live. Not because he thought of her for thinking it, but for his own struggled on that front. Logically, he knew he had so much. So many needed and relied on him. He would do irreparable damage if he chose to do anything less. But logic and emotion didn't think the same way. "I find I seek to surround myself with wolves that aren't afraid to push me, Keahi." He thought of Tamsyn, of who she had been when she had been his. He missed her and the steady presence she had been. She had never backed down when they disagreed, and he had respected her for it. He missed that, too. "I will tell you that you aren't likely to damage our friendship by pushing." He promised her. He released his paws from her shoulders, his fiddling complete. Turning to look at the storm, which rumbled over the horizon. A blackness in the sky thay swallowed everything beneath it.

He closed his eyes, listening with satisfaction to the deep bass rumble. "Stay with me through the storm" Zee begged. He closed his eyes tigher for a moment, bresthing in a shallow breath. Seeking out the familiar scent of her. But when the Warlord opened his eyes again, it was Keahi who sat before him. Her words had been different. Her tone indicating enjoyment, not fear. His eyes crinkled in pain, and he turned his gaze away again. Back to the storm. "Storms used to terrify her. Too loud, too violent. It's a wonder she ever chose me." He said. Closing his eyes, so she wouldn't see the tears he barely succeeded in holding back.

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-06-2023, 01:01 AM

It is natural, when someone speaks gruffly and shuts down, to feel some level hurt and the red woman could not hide that from Sirius. Yet, her words are sincere and there is warmth and understanding wrapped tightly around each and every syllable. He tugs the cloak around her shoulders before gently tucking it is armor and allowing his big paws to rest gently on her shoulders. Blue eyes lock as Sirius speaks and Keahi nods along with his words, absorbing them while giving him the space to say his piece.

As he releases her shoulders, the red woman lifts a paw to capture one of his bigger ones and softly says, “Just as long you give me permission to… push you.” Eyes are bright with determination and warmth as she offers him a caring smile. She allows her paw to fall away before turning back toward the sky. Storms have never scared the tropical wolf, in fact, they are a huge part of life on her home island. There is an inherent beauty in them as they cleanse the earth, tear away the weaker vegetation, and offer life with their welcome rains.

In the dark, moisture laden clouds, the woman sees new life and a promise of wonderful things to come. Gently, she leans into his side, welcoming the familiar touch as he speaks of his deceased mate and Keahi softly hums her understanding. Watching the coming storm, the red woman says, “Storms are a normal part of life where I am from. They are nothing to fear and bring with them, great gifts. We often thank the rains and everything that comes our way.”

Eyes slide over to his face, offering a small smile as she adds, “It is no wonder why she chose you; at least, not to me. We all have a storm in here.” A red paw lifts to point at her chest before continuing, “It is how we weather that storm and harness it to make our lives and those around us better. That is what really matters. Your inner strength is only matched by your physical prowess.” A small pause as allows her paw to fall to the ground.

Softly but with strength and determination hanging on every word, Keahi says, “Do not fear the storm, Sirius. Welcome it, let it do its work and thank it for entering your life. It will leave when it is ready.” Eyes scan his face as she offers a gentle reassuring smile.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-06-2023, 01:25 AM
“Standing permission granted” He said gruffly. He didn’t have to always like it, but he valued it all the same. Knew the strength as a leader of having wolves around him who weren’t afraid to have a differing opinion. He let her rest her paw over his own. Small, and auburn against the black of his own.

She spoke of storms and the power of them, mixing in a little of admiration and understanding of Zee with her words. He grunted in mild amusement as she spoke of the way he harnessed his storm. She did not know of the scar his daughter bore. Nor the nightmares that had left him a danger to those around him for so long. Of the wolves he had taken as slaves. She only saw him as… what? A wolf of integrity? She would not think so if she knew the extent of the anger that burnt within the anguish of his heart. “I have never feared a storm in my life. The burn of power against my fur, and the fizz on my tongue had always thrilled me, even as a boy. Very well, if I'm to stay with you for this storm I best sent Marshal to the other guards. To ensure they know to hunker down. Marshal.” He said, the last word directed at his companion, who as ever was nearby. The bird glided from the mountain, and disappeared from view. The Warlord leaned against Keahi, and turned his gaze to the dark clouds coming. “Are you wearing any metal? Now would be the time to stow it. ”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-06-2023, 01:56 AM

As Sirius gives permission to push him, an amused, thankful smile flutters across her red lips. Warmth fills her chest as they face the coming storm, the wind already tugging at her woolen cloak, trying to pull it free from her armor. Silently, Keahi leans into the larger Warlord, offering her support and gratitude after she speaks of storms. While she may not know the extent of what he has been through or the regrets he carries him, she does know, is that he is still here. And right now, on this mountain, facing the ever darkening clouds together, that is all that matters.

His voice pulls her gaze to him and a chuckle rolls past her auburn lips as he speaks of the thrill it invokes. He instructs his winged companion to fly ahead and let the others know to hunker down and Keahi offers the bird a warm smile as it flies off. Metal is brought up and the red woman nods, easily undoing the sheath that houses the dagger that Ruga had made special for her. The dark red scabbard detaches from her upper foreleg and, as she passes it to the Warlord, the woman feels a sudden nakedness without. It has become a part of her body, an extension of who she is and, to easily pass it over, is almost painful.

But she knows that Sirius will stow it in a safe place and, as the dagger is taken from her paws, she offers him another, trusting smile. With her paws free, Keahi turns her attention back to the sky and lifts her now paws upward. Rolling her native language easily over her tongue, she sings out, “Uwe ka lani, ola ka honua.” The words are strong, filled with power and an even deeper thanks. Lowering her paws, she looks to Sirius and explains, “Storms are life.” She states it again because they are such a huge part of who she is, “It is small… blessing of thanks I offered to the sky. I said, ‘When the sky weeps, the Earth lives’.” A smile tugs at her lips as she sinks a little further into his side, ready to welcome the storm; together.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-06-2023, 02:03 AM
The Warlord received her dagger and carefully stored it away within Fire Light Point, before unhooking his own dagger. With his own, he feels safe in being reckless with. If the dagger is ruined, he could easily make himself another. Turning to Keahi, he offers her a cheeky grin. Full of mischief as he pushes aside his pain and lets thoughts of the storm and the friend beside him take over his concentration. He listened as she gave thanks for what she believed in. The Warlord had never been much of a believer of anything, but he had seen things in his long life that shouldn’t have been. He knew there was something out there, but he did not trust it.

Flipping his own dagger, he turned back to Keahi. “So, let's make ourselves a little beacon, shall we?” He said, and knew she would understand what he intended to do. Catching his dagger he walks a few strides forward. Judging the distance between him and her before planting it in the ground. “Think that’ll do it?”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-08-2023, 01:27 AM

Sirius easily takes the dagger from her paws and, as the red woman turns back to the storm to welcome it to their land, the Warlord stows her special weapon safely away. Once done, Keahi looks to where the man is, arching a brow in silent question to his cheeky grin. A spark rests in the blue eyes of the Warlord. It is a spark that the tropical woman hasn’t seen since he left for the Hallows with his family. Snorting out an amused sound, the tropical wolf watches with great interest as he flips his dagger over and looks back at her.

His words pull a soft laugh from the woman as she tugs at the woolen cloak, tighting it around her frame. She is not willing to let the wind tug it away as they raise with the approaching storm. Sirius walks several steps away before plunging his worn metal dagger into the ground to use as a lightning rod for the coming tempest. Humming, Keahi looks at him as the Warlord questions her and she gently teases, “Oh that will do just fine! If you want the lightning to find us faster.” Her laugh is gently and with no trace of malice in it.

Blue gazes meet as she explains, “Lightning does love metal but it is also an opportunist. Given the chance, it will strike the tallest thing it finds which, in this case, would be you.” Eyes trail from Sirius over to a mound of earth that they use as a wall. It is slightly taller than the Warlord and he could easily place the dagger up on it without much effort. A red paw lifts to point at the nearby pile of dirt and says, “Plant it up there. It will not only be a beacon but will help to keep us safe and enjoying the storm.”

Keahi turns her gaze back to Sirius as she offers him a warm smile. In the distance, a flash of light streaks from the dark clouds and, after about four seconds, the rumbling growl of thunder follows suit. Nodding to herself, the red woman adds, “Set it quickly. The storm is almost upon us.” With that Keahi turns to face the dark clouds, ready to watch. She will tell the Warlord when they needed to descend since, no matter what, their safety is the most important thing and she will make them leave before the path downward gets to be unsafe.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-08-2023, 01:52 AM
Well… that was sort of the point, but perhaps not as she meant it. He wanted the lightning to find them, but he didn’t want any harm to come to his wolf for it. He frowned, but it was more of a thoughtful thing than a sad one. Keahi had proven to be an excellent distraction, and he was actually looking forward to the storm. He gave a put-upon sigh at being called the tallest thing. It wasn’t the first time he had heard it.

“Alright then, I bow to your wisdom.” He said, giving Keahi another smile as he snatched the dagger back. The cool wind had started to really pick up around them, and the dark clouds had gotten close. Hopefully, Marshal had made his rounds, and hunkered down somewhere safe.

He placed two paws on the wall, careful not to put too much weight on it as he reached up and dug the dagger down into it as best as he could. That done, he made quick work back to Keahi and hunkered down beside her. His larger weight a buffer from some of the winds.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-08-2023, 05:20 PM

Ocean blue eyes watch the Warlord, noting the way he frowns in concentration and a small, affectionate smile tugs at her red lips. Everyone has their own quirks and Keahi’s happens to be humming when she thinks. She watches as Sirius mulls over her words before speaking and the red woman gives a gentle, musical laugh. Eyes dance with amusement as he snatches up the dagger and moves to plant it where she suggested. As he moves, the tropical wolf teases, “Oh, I don’t know about wisdom. Let’s call it trial and error. Hmm?”

Another gentle laugh fills the air and the wind steals it away, sending it scattering all around them. Another flash of lightning brightens the darkening sky and the thunder is quicker to follow it. Sirius joins her and she pulls the cloak around her form so that, when she lays down, it is tight and unable to stolen be away by the whipping winds. Body curls toward the Warlord, using his body for exactly what he is offering; a buffer. The warmth of his larger body chases the chill from her bones as she turns her bright eyes toward the storm.

Rain begins to pelt their forms as the sky begins to unleash its fury and there is no fear in Keahi. In its place is a sense of calm understanding and it radiates out from her. The sky will always unleash its tempests, clearing the way for new and better things to appear and she knows that is nothing to fear. Excitement begins to swell in her breast as lightning streaks through the sky, much closer to them, and the deep rumble of the answering thunder can be felt in her chest. She feels so alive, so… insignificant in the face of the sky’s wrath. The rain quickly turns into thick, driving sheets of drops as they lay there.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-08-2023, 05:28 PM
He gave her an appraising look at that. “I’m curious where the singe marks are” He mused teasingly, anticipating for the storm already warming his tone. A clap of thunder sounded shortly after his words and he hunkered down a little tighter to Keahi, turning his head towards her so their words wouldn’t get lost in the howling wind and cracking clouds. He couldn’t fully protect her from the elements, but she had two coats on and a Warlord beside her. It was the best he could do.

The rain fully found them then, soaking into his thick coat so even the Warlord could feel the chill of it. He had expected snow, but perhaps it wasn’t quite cold enough for that. But it must have been close, there was hail mixed in with the raindrops. He leaned a little further over Keahi, and ducked the tip of his nose under her coat. Breathing in the warmth beneath it. The thunder struck a ridge not far from them, and he huffed a laugh, his breath rolling beneath her coat. “Ready?” He said, knowing the next one would strike closer yet. Hopefully, the storm would take the dagger-bait.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-15-2023, 08:41 PM

As the red woman gently teases about knowing what happened through wisdom, the Warlord looks at her with an evaluating eye. Brows lift in silent question as she watches him and, when his voice breaks the silence, Keahi barks in laughter. Eyes dance with joy as he rejoins her, the loud clap of thunder signaling the arrival of the storm. Curling toward Sirius, she yells over the howling wind to be heard, “Why do you think I wear my armor so much?” Lightning streaks through the sky, lighting the dark sky and illuminating the pair.

Excitement zips along the tropical wolf’s nerves as the thunder momentarily deafens them and, as Sirius laughs, Keahi joins him while he questions if she is ready. Ocean blue eyes are animated, almost wild, as she looks to the Warlord, grinning broadly. It is the only answer she gives to his question. Sure enough, the next bolt of lightning strikes the old dagger’s hilt that is acting as a rod. The red woman screams, not in fear, but in pure joy. In the seconds before the bolt struck, she had felt the electric current in the air, almost tasting the ions as the lightning charged them.

This time the thunder is truly deafening, when sound slowly begins to return, her ears ring. Keahi feels alive in the midst of the storm, seeing the untamable beauty in each driving drop of rain. She shouts to the storm, encouraging it onward while staying firmly pressed into Sirius’s side. Will he think her mad? In this moment, the woman does not care.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-15-2023, 08:59 PM
The storm screamed around them, wind biting into his fur and face and rain half blinding him. But he was intently focused, and able to see the moment the lightning struck, smacking the dagger in a zap of light that left spots in his eyes. Followed by a great boom from the sky that roared through his ears. The dagger hilt was ruined, but the project of making another one didn’t phase him.

The wind roared at them a few more times, but the bluster of the storm was already starting to fade, moving on and leaving the two wolves behind. Saturated, soaked to his skin, even Sirius was starting to feel the cold. In fact, raising his head to the sky, he realised it was starting to snow. Rain and hail giving way to the coldest version of itself. The snow melted in the wet earth, and in his coat. “Alright, let's head to the baths before we catch a cold” He said to Keahi.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

01-15-2023, 09:14 PM

The wind tugs at them, trying to pull the wolves from their resting spot but it is unsuccessful. As quickly as it begins, the grumbling thunder passes over the pair and silence takes its place. Blinking up at the dark clouds, a gentle smile appears on her red lips as she spies the first traces of snow making its way down to the earth. Sirius’s voice pulls the red woman’s attention to him and Keahi slowly nods her agreement.

Truthfully, in the wild moments of the storm, she had completely forgotten about the cold. However, as she stands, woolen cloak sticking heavily to her frame, she is quickly reminded of how utterly freezing she is. Teeth clatter together, she moves to follow Sirius, saying, “We’re still okay, the water won’t freeze yet. Still, the path will be slick. Please, be careful.” While she is saying the words to the Warlord, she is also voicing them as a reminder to herself.

The cold is slowly numbing her toes and she will need to be attentive to where she places her paws. As they descend, all Keahi can think about is how amazing a hot bath sounds right now.

"Keahi Mogotsi"