D to the E, to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S

Medusa

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
07-31-2022, 02:16 AM

One last hurrah before she went back to meet with Florian, she supposed. Ngurulivu had to admit that she was enjoying her travel of Boreas, and maybe, once she and Florian established a home base, she would do some more. For a little while there she had forgotten that adventuring could be fun, merely fun, and not need some underlying reason to why you went around. Florian was far more of a social butterfly than Nuru was, but hey, she could still find enjoyment in talking to others. The spar, and then later meeting with the femme at the Rio Grande… Her sky blue eyes were shining. The interactions had been just what she needed to lift her spirits again.

Now she had made her way to the East, among the mangrove trees. Night had fallen but, despite this, Ngurulivu was set on hunting here. The water and moss of the area seemed to be bathed in a luminescent glow - it couldn’t be that bad, right? That was what Nuru was telling herself anyway as she stepped quietly through the slowly flowing water. The trees were an asset she felt, and would be vital to creeping up on her prey. She had already caught the scent of them - whitetail deer. She knew that the does would have started giving birth around this time of year, so she had to be careful not to fell a pregnant or nursing creature.

She was sure she’d be getting close, she could smell the scents growing stronger. Her ears suddenly swiveled however at a noise nearby. Caution took hold of Ngurulivu as she turned to face them, instinctively dropping into a defensive stance. After the group that had tried to take the freedom of her siblings and herself, she wasn’t going to let anyone get the jump on her. Sky blue eyes scanned the trees, calling out cautiously. “If you mean no harm, show yourself.” She wasn’t afraid, but she wouldn’t go down without a fight if someone dared try to attack her.

—---------------------------------

Tracked and kill any medium prey animal (Whitetail Deer) - 0 / 3

"Talk, 'Think.'

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
08-06-2022, 10:36 PM

Food. That was her priority today! The woman was hungry and she was on the trail of some deer. She had learned through Umbra that it was better to selectively hunt certain creatures instead of just killing whatever she found. It was vital to the ecosystem and all that jargon. She did her best to listen to that advice, but when she was hungry, a girl just wanted to eat! She tiptoed through the brush and around the trees, trying to avoid making as much noise as possible, but it would seem that her efforts were somewhat in vain.

Someone called out. Heard her fumbling around. She froze in place, ears perked as she side-eyed Umbra and Nox in turn for a moment and then poked her head out of the bush she was behind. She grinned, blinking rapidly as twigs and leaves stuck to her fur. "Medusa means no harm! She's just looking for food!" Straight to the point as usual! She was too hungry right now to beat around the bush (pun intended), looking over the pretty monochrome she-wolf. "Can you smell them, too?"

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
08-07-2022, 12:05 AM

Ngurulivu waited with bated breath for a stranger. She was hoping that it wouldn’t come to a confrontation… just because she had managed to last in a friendly spar against the pretty koi-marked lady didn’t mean she would be able to handle any threat. She was calm, however, and would take each moment as it came. To lose her head would be losing half the battle already, and, though her previous experiences with others sneaking around in the darkness weren’t exactly the best, she wanted to offer a small benefit of the doubt for whoever was there.

A stranger poked her head out of the bushes and my, what a strange one she was. Twigs and leaves stuck to her fur as she spoke, referring to herself in what Ngurulivu believed was third-person. Medusa. She meant no harm, looking for food. Nuru relaxed at this information, her sky blue gaze softening. She was hungry, that was all, and she had been sneaking because she didn’t want to scare off the deer. So she wasn’t the only one hunting that night.

“Whitetail deer, yes, I can smell them as well. I was also hunting them.” The luminescent glow of the water and moss illuminated Medusa enough for Ngurulivu to get a decent look at her. Even with the twigs and leaves sticking out of her fur like that she was kind of cute and hell, even better, looked about Nuru’s age. Surely a bit of playful flirting wouldn’t hurt?

“Well cutie pie, what do you say? Do you want to team up and take one of these suckers down? I don’t know about you, but I’d feel a heck of a lot better once I’m shoving food in my face.” Next to a cute girl to boot. Besides, working with someone else would make this job much easier too. She was big, but depending on the size of the deer, well, her chances were just as good of it getting away if she worked alone.

—---------------------------------

Tracked and kill any medium prey animal (Whitetail Deer) - 0 / 3

"Talk, 'Think.'

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
10-05-2022, 09:47 PM

The monochromatic she-wolf confirmed she was looking for prey as well, a whitetail deer. Perfect! Hopefully the two of them could track it down together, it'd be easier than doing it alone! And luckily for her, the stranger was kind enough to offer what she was thinking! Even calling her a cutie pie, which honestly, Medusa didn't know what to do with that. She stared for a moment, blinking as she felt heat creep to her face. What was this? A blush? Well that never happened before! "Nobody has ever said that to Medusa before!" She exclaimed, popping the rest of her body out of the bushes, sticks, and leaves clinging to her fur. "Medusa likes it!" This woman was the first to ever say something like that to her, she could get on board with that more often!

"Medusa can help track and hunt it so we can both eat!" She grinned before moving to follow the trail. The faster they tracked it down, the faster they could eat together, and the faster Medusa could find out who this was and potentially make a new friend!

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
10-18-2022, 08:53 PM
The skeletal wolf seemed to grow happy at Nguruvilu's remark. "No? Well poo on them for not recognizing a cute wolf when they see one." Ruu shook her head. "Sounds to me like you need to run with a nicer crowd, Medusa." Medusa's way of speaking was odd but charming. Nuru felt like it was something she could easily get used to.

"My name is Nguruvilu by the way. Call me Nuru though, everyone does " The monochrome femme sniffed the air again.

"Okay, we're going to need a plan. We're going to head in the direction of the scent and try to locate the deer. Once I select a target on my side and get them running I want you to come in from your side. We'll work to wear it down and whoever has an opening can pounce."

Nuru started to move with the hopes Medusa would do the same.

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

12-16-2022, 12:34 AM

"No? Well poo on them for not recognizing a cute wolf when they see one." Yep. She liked this girl! Medusa couldn't help the giggle that surfaced as she tried to keep her feet still, and at the mention of needing to run with a nicer crowd, she did manage to remain still as her head cocked to the side. "Mm...yes, you are right." She really did need to, and that started with eventually getting out of Habari. Most of the wolves in that pack were poo! When the pretty woman introduced herself, Medusa's attention returned to the present and she was glad when the woman said she could call her Nuru because the first name she wasn't sure she could say right. Not at first, anyway, but maybe in the future she could if she hung out with her more!

"Okay, we're going to need a plan. We're going to head in the direction of the scent and try to locate the deer. Once I select a target on my side and get them running I want you to come in from your side. We'll work to wear it down and whoever has an opening can pounce." The skeleton marked woman listened and nodded, tongue flopping out of her mouth as she panted with excitement. "Sounds good to Medusa! Solid plan, Nuru! Let's go!" Almost as soon as Nuru moved, Medusa did too. She followed the trail of the deer, spotting them up ahead in no time at all. Her feet danced with excitement, but she waited patiently for Nuru to choose her target before she went running in like a wild banshee.

"Medusa"

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
01-08-2023, 11:33 PM

There, they had a plan. Medusa said it was solid, and she was ready to go. Nguruvilu was glad that the skeletal-marked she wolf agreed. She was sure that their plan would work. All they needed to do was find their prey here in the mangroves. A sense of eagerness crept up on Nuru as she moved forward, fanning out just a little from her position near Medusa. Her ears were perked forward, her nose twitching as she tested the air. The scent of prey was clear in the air, and so long as they went carefully, they wouldn’t spook the herd before they found them. It took careful steps, watching how much weight she put down in the bits of water between the mangroves, but Nguruvilu was sure that they would be upon the herd any moment.

Nuru had been right about her hunch. Within a couple of minutes the scent had grown stronger, and, sure enough, in the faint glow from the plant life, she could make out the silhouettes of the deer. She paused, shifting her blue gaze to Medusa in hopes that the other woman would do the same. Her eartips quivered, the thrill of the pending hunt sending tingles down her spine. Nguruvilu glanced back to the deer, scanning the herd best she could with the limited light. She wasn’t able to see any with potential injury, but she could tell the bucks from the does and it seemed there was an aged doe on the very outside of the herd getting a drink.

That one.

Nuru swished her tail and began to creep forward, leaving her trust in Medusa that she would be ready when Ruu got the herd running. She had closed the distance between herself and her mark best she could, and now…

Nuru sprang forth, the entirety of the herd startling into a state of alarm. Nguruvilu kept her gaze on her target however, drawing in close as snapping jaws “encouraged” the elderly doe to move away from the rest of the herd. She just hoped that Medusa would be ready in the wings to start closing the distance for the kill. Once she was sure Medusa was close she could work on slowing the doe down.

---------------------------------

Tracked and kill any medium prey animal (Whitetail Deer) - 2 / 3

"Talk, 'Think.'

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

01-16-2023, 07:10 PM

She followed Nuru through the mangroves as they tracked down the deer, though at some point Medusa had split off to find her own spot for a better chance at not losing their target whenever Nuru decided to choose a target. Despite her usual, bouncy self, Medusa was a quick learner and by this point, had hunted plenty of animals. She was as careful as she was willing to fly in with gnashing teeth. Though the mangroves proved to be a different sort of hunting ground with all the water everywhere. Despite her size, Medusa was surprisingly light on her feet. She didn't have all the brawn and heaviness that most others her size did. She was more on the scrawny, leggy side. Which honestly, suited her just fine.

As she snuck closer to the herd, the smell grew stronger and she occasionally glanced toward Nuru as she continued to look for a signal. Nuru had glanced her way at least once so far, but no signal yet. As they drew close, Medusa scanned the herd and could see the does and the bucks, though she wasn't yet sure which one Nuru wanted. At least, not until her hunting partner went for it. She watched as Nuru closed in on one in particular, and Medusa moved to get close, preparing herself for when the herd inevitably ran to leave the old lady behind.

As soon as Nuru made an attempt to drive the target away and the rest scattered, Medusa gleefully ran forth and straight into the fray, cackling and snapping as legs and bodies scattered all around her. She had clipped one with her teeth just for the hell of it, ducked to avoid being kicked by another as it jumped past, and then made a beeline for the old lady doe that Nuru was after. "Medusa's gonna getcha!" She shouted as her paws ate the ground in pursuit.

"Medusa"