ardent

Trick or Treat!

[Birthing]

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
11-01-2022, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 02:36 AM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)

She had been feeling sick lately her body growing plumper as the season continued. She had no idea she was pregnant, and didn't really pay attention to the comments and warnings from her companions. After a few hints and straightforward words, they had given up. She carried on assuming it was from something she ate, and that it was just a stomachache that refused to go away.

As she slipped into the deluge, she took delight in the surroundings here. It was dark. It was quiet. There was water, plant life, she could hear the scurrying of small animals, what wasn't to like about this place? But the weird feeling in her body was starting to overshadow everything else. She reached the side of the stream and as she started to drink, she suddenly felt like she had to go.

Groaning, she lowered herself onto the ground and whined. "Medusa doesn't feel good..." Umbra approached, concern and amusement on her face. "They're coming... and lucky for you, I have some experience with this. Buckle up, it's probably going to be a long day."

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Seere

"Though She Be But Little, She Is Fierce"

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

TeacherDouble MasterSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipStudent1K
Snake Eyes
11-01-2022, 12:44 PM

The young Seere had been out gathering herbs when she found the underground river. Along with the beauty of this strange place there is also an abundance of valerian plants and the monochrome girl had quickly set about digging up several of the root bulbs. She works, a soft hum filling the air as she goes. The leather satchel she uses to carry her medical supplies begins to grow full and the girl wraps the last of the roots in a piece of cloth before adding it to her bag.

Dusting off her paws, Seere stands and prepares to leave when a whine catches her attention. Mismatched eyes turn to find the form of wolf further away, near the water’s edge and, judging from her posture and her hovering companions, there is something going on. Moving toward them slowly with a warm, friendly smile on her lips, the girl says, “Hello! I heard your whine. Are you okay? Do you need any help? I’m a healer.”

She offers her help, still uncertain if other’s want her help since she is so young. Eyes look to the woman’s swollen abdomen and notes the way the muscles roll and the girl excitedly chirps, “Ah! You’re having puppies! I can totally help with that! If you would like. Oh, my name is Seere, by the way.” Mismatched gaze flicks to the woman’s cougar and wolverine companions before she adds, “I won’t hurt you or your friends. I promise.”

It seems important to say that since the woman doesn’t know her and her companions are probably fiercely protective of her in this state. For good measure, the girl stops and brings a paw up to cross her heart before waiting to be allowed to approach.

"Seere  Abraxas-Destruction"

Seere has a male Pallas's cat named Paunch and a female barn swallow named Aisling. They are always nearby.

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
12-22-2022, 02:46 AM

She moaned and groaned as her body contracted. She didn't know what was about to happen, or how this whole thing worked, but she didn't like it. Her eyes squeezed shut as she settled onto the ground, her companions hovering around her as Umbra moved away to search for some herbs and things for the quickly approaching birth of Medusa's puppies. But then “Hello! I heard your whine. Are you okay? Do you need any help? I’m a healer.” Umbra turned around, hackles raised for a moment at the approach of the stranger, but then quickly laid them flat. If this young wolf was a healer...perhaps she could in fact, help them. Though the scent told her the yearling was from a rival pack...perhaps even more than rivals, especially considering Medusa had taken the crown from one of their allies not too long ago.

The cougar is then reassured when the yearling realizes what's happening, even reassuring them that she wouldn't hurt them. Umbra offers a slight grin of amusement despite Medusa's predicament, but she nods. "Yes, Medusa is having puppies. Though I think the...process of things...has her a little preoccupied. She didn't listen to us when we tried to tell her." The cougar shrugged her shoulders as she approached Medusa again. "Someone is here to assist, Medusa." Medusa looks to the younger wolf, a pleading expression in her eyes. "Medusa is scared. It hurts worse than when Habari broke her toes, or when she gets bitten in a fight," She whined again, unsure of what is coming or how much more it might hurt.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Seere

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
01-08-2023, 08:39 PM

No matter what pack politics may be, Seere is a healer, first and foremost. That means that she will offer aid to any wolf who finds themselves sick, injured, or scared. While Habari was an ally of Ashen and this woman has taken control of the pack, the young monochrome healer does not see or think about any of that. No, right now, she sees a frightened, anxious woman about to give birth for what seems like the first time. The girl means no harm and wishes only to help and, while she will get a talking to after this, the girl care less right now.

The cougar looks to her, offering a slight grin of amusement as it speaks. At least she has a name to work with now. A warm smile is given and, as the cougar tells Medusa there is someone here to help, Seere moves closer. The pleading expression in the woman’s eyes pulls a frown of sympathy to her lips and the small girl shrugs off her bag near Medusa’s side. Lifting one small paw, she places it on her contracting abdominal muscles while cooing soft, soothing sounds to the wolf who is about to be a mother. Feeling how close together the contractions are, the girl quickly digs into her bag and retrieves two bundles of herbs.

Looking to the woman’s companions, she explains, “These are pre-made. This one is for pain.” Pushing it toward the cougar, she allows it to exam the herbs and determine for itself that there is has nothing bad in it. It is a mixture of cannabis leaves, chamomile, marshmallow, and lavender to help her relax and reduce the pain she is feeling. Next, she holds up the second bundle, saying, “To help aid in the delivery.” Again, she passes the bundle to Medusa’s companions, allowing them to inspect them. It is herbs to help with the labor and production of breast milk.

Gently, she directs, “Please make sure she takes all of them. I am going to check on her progress.” With a gentle pat to Medusa’s shoulder, Seere softly says, “You are doing great Medusa. Your friends have some herbs that are going help. We are here with you.” She wishes to be reassuring and comforting to the woman who seems so scared. With one last pat, she shifts position until she near Medusa’s tail. Small paws check the positions of the pups by palpating her abdomen gently. Finding that they are in place and ready to greet the world, she readies to help them.

With a strong, authoritative voice that seems suddenly out of place for the small, sympathetic healer, Seere commands gently, “These pups are ready to see you! I know it is painful but, when your muscles contract, I need you to bare down and push with all your might. It is time to meet you pups!” Her voice is upbeat even with her commanding tone, leaving no room for argument. Honestly, these pups are coming… with or without their mother’s help!

Seere Abraxas-Destruction

Seere has a male Pallas's cat named Paunch and a female barn swallow named Aisling. They are always nearby.

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

01-17-2023, 01:08 AM

Okay, so maybe this is the first time in her life that she had ever truly been afraid. But of course, it was only because she had no clue what was happening and why her body was doing what it was doing. Why did it hurt so much!? She flopped her head on the ground as she panted, eyes squeezing shut as her body contracted again, though it was weirdly painful. She was used to pain, didn't so much mind it when she was fighting something, but this!? This was completely different. She didn't like it one bit! She glanced from the corner of her eye as the stranger approached and dropped something near her and started to touch her. Medusa didn't flinch away, even though on other occasions, she probably would. Nobody really touched her outside of a fight. The last one who had touched her had been Wren. Medusa hadn't known how to react to her ex-friend's comforting gesture, but this was different. This was a healer, and Medusa wanted the pain to stop, so she'd let the stranger touch her as needed.

As she lay there helpless and trying to keep herself steady, the stranger had offered bundles of herbs to her companions. They inspected them carefully, sniffing and looking them over before nodding their approval and pushed them toward Medusa. "Eat these Medusa. They will help you." Medusa would've argued as usual with the cougar, but in this instance, she decided it was best to listen for once. Besides, if she didn't listen this time, what if she died!? No no no, that couldn't happen! She had finally earned her own freedom and had fought and won the throne from the one she had vowed revenge against for enslaving her!? She couldn't die now for not listening to her companion! So without complaint, she ate the herbs. And they weren't the best tasting, but hey, she had no room to complain when she also had eaten carrion and rotten meat before.

She did as she was told and listened to Seere's encouragement, and when the younger girl moved to her rear and told her that the pups were ready to meet her, Medusa wasn't so sure. But she had no choice in the matter at this point now, did she? She was about to speak up when she contracted again, and instead of words, it was a surprised yelp followed by pushing. She felt something weird, and next thing she knew, she felt like she had gone to the bathroom. Was she embarrassed? She probably would've been if she wasn't so focused on everything else that was going on. Before she knew it, she heard a squeal and when she took a quick peek, she spotted a little thing that almost looked just like her! A mini Medusa!?

"Medusa"

Seere

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
02-07-2023, 01:46 AM

Seere keeps her touches light, her words encouraging, and her movements slow. Medusa seems scared and the young healer does everything she can comfort the mother-to-be. A warm smile is on her lips as she shifts down to the woman’s rear, helping to keep her tail clear while encouraging her to push with the contractions. A startled yelp has the girl giving Medusa a gentle, sympathetic pat before her attention is taken up by a puppy joining the world. “Good job Medusa!” her voice is gentle and kind as the young girl snips open the sack, freeing the pup from its confines.

As it takes its first breathes of air, the girl vigorously rubs its back until she hears its small, yet loud, squeals. Seere then guides the pup to Medusa’s belly, making sure it latches on before returning to Medusa’s rear. The healer gently coaches the woman through the steps again and, together, they welcome a second pup into the world. The process with the first pup is repeated and, once they have latched on, she returns to find a third pup already making its way into the world. Carefully, she repeats the process, cooing sweetly to the brand-new puppies as they all suckle.

Sitting back, she looks to Medusa and softly says, “You did great. Try and rest. I will clean up everything and, once the afterbirth comes, I will take care of that too.” A small paw slowly lifts until it comes to rest gently on the woman’s side. A bright smile is on her lips as the girl says, “Congratulations Medusa.” Births are usually a joyful occasion and Seere wishes to keep it that way for the skeletal painted wolf. She does what she said she would, cleaning up the area and gently cleansing Medusa of everything that the process left behind.

Only when everything is done and the puppies are all feed to their hearts content does Seere begin to slowly gather her supplies. Looking between the woman and her companions, she says, “Be sure to eat plenty of red meat to help replenish what your body lost. Drink a lot of water in the coming days and rest as much as possible. I can stay with you until you think you are ready to head back to your pack. I promise that nothing will happen to you or the pups.”

Mismatched eyes look at the little forms snuggled into Medusa’s belly, sleeping soundly without a care in the world. Her young heart is filled with love and joy at having been able to help the woman bring them into the world. With another, warm, fond smile, Seere turns her gaze back to the woman and companions, ready to do whatever they think is best.

"Seere Abraxas-Destruction"

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

06-09-2023, 05:13 PM

When all was said and done, she ended up with three odd little pups. Seere congratulated her, and Medusa's tail weakly wagged against the ground as she shifted to rest for a few minutes as Seere went about doing what she needed to do. Her ears perked at the sound of squealing and grunting, and her eyes widened for a moment in an oh god moment as the pups began to suckle. This was definitely going to take some getting used to! She had never imagined herself having puppies, but here she was in the middle of who knew where with a stranger from a different pack and a trio of new puppies! "Thank you. Medusa was afraid, but now she is not...well, maybe a little."

She turned her gaze to Seere, the fear, and confusion that had been there before was replaced with gratitude. She nodded at the younger girls instruction, "Medusa will be okay, she has Nox and Umbra. Medusa will rest for a little while and then we will go home. Does Seere live far from here?" She was curious about where she lived so that maybe she could find her later and offer her a gift for her help.

"Medusa"

Seere

Loner

Master Fighter (285)

Master Healer (335)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
06-10-2023, 06:59 PM

The young healer helps Medusa welcome three pups into the world, cooing lovingly to each small bundle of fur before helping them latch on for their first meal. A warm smile is on her lips as the skeletal marked woman finishes her labor and Seere gently helps her through the afterbirth before carefully cleansing the area and applying an ointment to help with pain and swelling. The whole time she works, the small woman talks through what is doing, moving slowly and keeping her touch light so as not to provide the new mother with any undue stress.

As she cleans up the herbs and lists off things for the new mother to do, Medusa offers her thanks and Seere tries to catch the woman’s gaze. Offering a big, warm, genuine smile, the healer gently says, “You are welcome Medusa. I will send my sparrow companion to check in on you in a few days.” Mismatched gaze trails down to the puppies that she helped bring into the world and her young heart is filled with unfathomable joy. The woman speaks up and the girl’s attention snaps back to the skeletal marked woman as she offers a nod of understanding.

Shouldering her bag full of healing supplies, she says, “I live in Ashen. We have recently moved to West and have claimed Wolfpaw Lake, Cryer’s Ravine, and Redwater Rocks.” Another, warm smile is offered as she bows to Medusa and says, “I will let you rest. If you need anything, send a bird to find me. I will provide you with anything and everything you might need.” Ashen may a have brittle relationship with Medusa’s new pack but Seere is first and foremost a healer. No matter what, she will care for this woman’s needs. Plus, she kind of feels attached to the woman and her pups now.

With one more smile and dip of her head, she offers, “Congratulations Medusa. May you all have long, prosperous, full lives.” The words are heartfelt and Seere silently wishes all the best things in life for these new pups and their mother. Turning, she offers the small group one last glance before happily trotting away. All she can think about, as she moves to return home, is how wonderful life truly is.

-exit Seere-

"Seere Klein-Destruction"