gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
01-08-2023, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 02:33 PM by Incubus. Edited 1 time in total.)
Art & Code © Skelle 2023

"Speech!"

After a long night of talking and consideration, Riva came to the decision to join Ashen. Incubus was more then pleased with this, not for selfish reasons, but he really thought she'd enjoy it. There were lots of little healers running about and plenty of training warriors to patch up. He knew she'd enjoy the company of Seere at the very least. All in all, the pack would give her distractions as well as being close to him.

Large black paws met the earth with ease as the male moved closer to his pack's new borders. It was a new path he'd need to get use to, coming to this region. Pale pink and blue eyes captured the territory before them before his attention turned towards Riva. "We just moved here from the Shrine." Inc flashed a small smile before offering some more baritone vocals, "If you are ready, I'll call for Venom now."

After giving her some time to respond the male tilted his head towards the heavens and called for his sister.

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
01-08-2023, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2023, 03:09 PM by Riva. Edited 1 time in total.)

Incubus led her, not towards the Shrine, but a more Western territory. As they walked he explained to her that the pack had recently moved. Good she found herself thinking. If they were just establishing themselves in a new territory, then they may yet have need for someone with the knowledge and skills to irrigate and build a healer's garden.

When he led her towards Wolfpaw lake, that budding knowledge of outside forces blossomed inside of her. She found herself crying, and she turned her head to the shoulder away from Incubus so he wouldn’t see it. Though she knew she wouldn’t be able to hide it from him entirely. She had come to a stop, and the ageing healer took a moment to calm herself from the surprise and shock of where Incubus was taking her. “This was our pack. This was where it all happened. My daughter is buried by this lake.” She explained “Eligos, the alpha who reigned here, turned the pack into a band not long after it all happened.” She blamed herself for that, too. For the pack falling apart. It was a part of the reason she had chosen to be left behind. And now Incubus took her home, and he didn't even know it. The turns of fade were the strangest thing.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-08-2023, 09:39 PM
Art & Code © Skelle 2023

"Speech!"

As he asked if she was ready he couldn't help but to notice the emotions taking her over. Riva hid her face from him but he knew something was wrong. Black ears flicked back and the male turned to face the smaller Wolf, concern radiating from his pale eyes. But, just as he thought of what to say her words broke the silence. What her the odds of Ashen's new territory being where all of those unfortunate events happened?  He felt a small pang of guilt, even though he couldn't have known, he still felt responsible for the pain she was enduring currently.

Incubus lowered his head as he took a step closer to her, seeking eye contact. "I'm so sorry Riva, I had no clue." A pause. "If being here is too hard we can leave." The next words he spoke were filled with hesitation, not trying to sound too pushy or salesman-esque. "If it helps at all we have claimed a very large ravine to the south and the red rocks to the north. You will not be confined to the lake by any means. "

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
01-08-2023, 09:47 PM

She felt the presence of him as he came closer, and she gave her eyes a quick wipe before looking up at Incubus. In her younger years, she had never been so prone to weeping as she was now. She felt more than a little foolish, but she knew she needed to bleed the poison from this wound.

“It’s not your doing” she said gently, glancing over at the lynx, who had followed silently after them. She frowned at the creature. He had come to her by this lake, in fact. At the end of the long night. She wasn’t entirely certain what he was. She found herself wondering if he had a hand at any of these strange events. “It just caught me by surprise is all, Inc. I’ll be alright by the lake. In fact, if Venom allows me to continue it, I built an apothecary and gardens not far from here.”

"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
01-15-2023, 08:56 AM
The sound of her brother’s voice at the edge of the territory was not something that she expected. The pack just recently relocated to her birthplace, and having Inc call her to the borders now was an odd request. Everyone was slowly settling in, her with the new puppies and everyone else as they got used to this strange place. She still believed this was the best path for her pack and her family, so curiously sher white gloved paws carried her to where Incubus was waiting.

Her sight had yet to return, but her paws were swiftly becoming familiar with these new and old lands. There was on;y a slight hiccup in her step, and she hid her sightlessness almost perfectly. Though the pups were very close to being weaned now, she was very obviously still nursing puppies as she approached. Still, she couldn’t shirk her duties. Even if she couldn’t see the woman, her scent was easy enough to pick up. There was the hint of familiarity, and Venom wondered if they had met before.

"Incubus.” She started with a swift nod of her head, giving him the floor.

"Venom"

[Image: ven-sig.png]

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-18-2023, 01:13 AM
Art & Code © Skelle 2023

"Speech!"

Incubus felt relief wash over the entirety of his form as Riva spoke. Not only would she not turn away but the fae spoke of potentially beginning a garden. His lips slipped into an easy grin as he offered a firm nod, "Excellent." His smile beamed as a thought flashed into his head, "I am no healer but I can offer my muscles if you need help building and fixing." Incubus puffed out his chest with a light chuckle but his display was short lived as Venom made an appearance.

His half-sister looked rather tired and smelled of pup. Incubus felt a tad bit guilty to draw the new Mother away from her younglings but the sooner Riva was accepted into Ashen the sooner she could begin the healing process from what she'd endured these last few seasons. He hoped this would be a swift process, for the lot of them. "Ah, Empress, I do hope the little ones are doing well." Incubus offered a genuine smile as he thought of the little Kleins tucked away in the royal dens. "This is my friend, Riva, she's actually here to seek acceptance into Ashen." He gestured to the small Healer with waved of his paw, "I believe she'd be an incredible asset to the pack due to her knowledge of healing and she was also a friend of my Father. She had created a salve for him to protect his pink skin from the sun. I think it would be valuable to supply Ashen with an ample supply of this salve, seeing as most of us are prone to the burns, if Riva is willing." Incubus felt as though he was speaking too much and looked to Riva, "I will stop rambling now." The male quieted as he allowed Riva to introduce herself and say what she wished.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-18-2023, 03:31 PM

“I appreciate that” She said gently, drying her tears. The shock of her surprise had faded. Perhaps she would grow flowers on Dante’s grave. Turn that spot into something other than sorrow.

The Empress appeared, and Riva dipped her head in a polite, if silent greeting. She saw much of her mother in the woman, though she hadn’t spent long in Ashen. She let Incubus do the talking, and perked up at the mention of little ones. Using her nose, she caught the scent of milk and understood what Incubus was talking about. Nursing children? Perhaps Riva would be busy here.

As Incubus sold her abilities by the salve he knew of, she smiled. “I’d be happy to give you a sample of the salve and you can trial it out for yourself.” She agreed readily. “I’m also experienced with the medical health and care of little ones.”

"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
01-20-2023, 09:22 AM
Venom appeared and had she had her sight would have wondered if she was interrupting something, but the small reassurances went unnoticed by the monarch. Incubus swiftly found his voice as he greeted her in return, she offered a small dip of her head as he explained who was before her now, and apologized for taking her away fro the newest litter of Klein puppies.

This would be the biggest show of trust in Incubus yet. He had been loyal to her and his duties since she had invited him home. Now his confidence in bringing Riva here for acceptance would be Venom putting her belief in his word. He was certain this woman would be an asset to Ashen, so the Empress allowed herself to believe in her brother’s judge of character. Besides, this was not her first encounter with the Klein family. She had known Hanibal and had helped him in the past. Her uncle was not the only pink skinned Klein, and perhaps Riva would truly be the asset Inc believed her to be.

Riva agreed to what Inc had said, mentioning she would gladly let Venom try her salve, but added her skill and specialty in the health of puppies specifically. The woman seemed unassuming enough, and sweet really, but Venom was not eager to expose her newborns to a complete stranger. "I see.” Or she didn’t but it was more a figure of speech. "Well, I believe there is no harm in welcoming you into Ashen. I can offer you an Herbalist rank for now, but if you prove yourself to me the lead healer position is currently empty.” She hinted softly. "I’m curious to try your salve, but you’ll forgive me if I prefer to get to know you before I have you see my puppies.” She ended with a good natured smile.

"Venom"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-20-2023, 10:21 PM
Art & Code © Skelle 2023

"Speech!"

A supportive grin did not leave Inc's lips as he quietly listened to Riva and the Empress speak. Riva elaborated on what he'd said and even tossed in her knowledge of caring for a full den. With seemingly little hesitation Venom offered Riva a place in Ashen, the rank of Herbalist, and the opportunity to claim the rank of Apothaker in the future. Incubus knew such an opportunity would be a wonderful goal for Riva to focus on, which was be a good way of distracting herself from those negative feelings. Everything seemed to be working itself out nicely, but he needed to ensure they were going at the appropriate pace for Riva. A goal was good but she'd surely need time to settle in before making those large strides.

Incubus had little to offer at this point as they both eagerly awaited Riva's response to her acceptance into Ashen. This would be her last chance to pull out or making any decisions on her rank. Thus, the male kept quiet and listened until he felt it was time to chime in.

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-21-2023, 10:01 PM

Thinking of the pain of losing her Dante, Riva gave a small smile “I understand” she said gently. The offer was placed out there, but she would not intrude on anything the Empress did not wish her to. At least not while she was a stranger. She could understand the need to be protective.

She knew Deathbelle had left the pack, so she didn’t ask after the previous Empress. Instead, she moved on to other topics. “I’ll fill whatever healer niche you need of me. In the meantime, I lived on these lands for a time and set up an apothecary and irrigated gardens. Would it be okay if I continue them?” She asked, keeping her voice soft to hide how much it meant to her.

"Speech"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

01-22-2023, 11:11 AM
Incubus seemed content with her decision, at the very least he had no argument or comment as she spoke to the experienced healer he brought with him. Riva spoke up, but not much. Venom could only imagine she was a small pixie-like thing. Of no physical harm to anyone, but as Venom had stated, he felt better getting to know her and trust her before asking her to get close to her precious offspring. Riva understood that much, and acquiesced gracefully.

What was more interesting though, was that Riva had lived here. The Empress was unaware if she had belonged to the pack that once resided here or if she had lived here in the interim but either way she would not deny her heartfelt request. "Of course you may.” Venom wouldn’t have dreamed of denying the little woman something like that. "No doubt the work will be of service to the pack.” Venom didn’t miss the melancholy in Riva’s voice, but she wasn’t about to press against it either. "Welcome home, Riva. Feel free to rely on Incubus for any of your immediate needs.” She volunteered her younger brother, knowing he would have no qualms. "And don’t be afraid to ask if you are in need of anything. I’m sure I will see you around, but for now I must excuse myself. I’m sure the pups are getting hungry.”

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. brave enough Wolfpaw Lake 02:31 PM, 01-08-2023 03:33 AM, 02-13-2024