gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-15-2022, 08:47 PM

It was time. Now that she had secured Saga, Bellamy was going to make good on her promise to send word to Elysium once her pack was raised. It might not have been as early as she wanted, but alas family came first. There were other packs that Bellamy needed to visit yet, including one she was aware of in Auster. Those who owned the castle, and lands surrounding it, had the woman’s attention. Had Kotori mentioned the name of that pack when she met him? She couldn’t quite recall but felt like she knew about the pack, even if only a little. But that trip would be for another day. For now, Ethne’s Leader moved with head held high through the lands of Boreas, her companions, Ears, and Whiskers, ever faithfully at her side.

The woman became aware of borders that smelled of Kotori on her way to Manea’s pack, and Bellamy made a mental note to stop and see him soon as well. The trip would be a long one, but it was her duty as an alpha to make them. Unfortunately, she had only brought gifts for Elysium, so that would be a trip for another day. With Gavroche’s bag slung around her shoulder, carrying the presents she brought for Manea in hopes of a positive interaction after their last one, she made her way to the borders of the pack.

Bellamy came to the edge of Elysium’s territory of Firefly Lake. She motioned for Ears and Whiskers to stop before coming to a halt herself. She did not sit yet, tilting her head back as she called for Manea. Hopefully she wasn’t coming at a bad time.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
01-04-2023, 10:16 PM

It was never easy to peel herself away from her pups when they were small, but with this litter it felt even more difficult. Even though she had what she felt like was the very best healers she could have asked for looking over them and assuring her that their condition was far from life threatening, she couldn't help but worry as a mother. If she didn't have Elysium expecting her to be the leader they needed then she would no doubt have been glued to their side at all times. Alas, that wasn't the case, and she did have to start returning to her duties sooner rather than later. With their children safely in her husband's care, she made herself go out to do a patrol of their mainland territories. Her warriors were more than competent and she did believe that Avacyn and Saracyn were doing well at tending to things in her stead, but it was a step in the right direction for her to get back to work.

As she was nearing the lake that made up a third of their lands, a call for her caught her attention and her ears perked with interest. It was excellent timing since she was already in the area so it didn't take her long to reach the figure that stood waiting for her. The woman that she remembered to be an aspiring alpha that stood at her border brought a small smile to her lips. She remembered well the promise that Bellamy had made when they met and she hoped that her presence here meant that there would be something to celebrate this day. "Bellamy," she greeted fondly, giving the woman that stood across from her a grin. "It's good to see you again. I hope the time since our last meeting has been fruitful?"

"Manea Mendacium"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-08-2023, 11:40 PM

The dark-furred woman was not kept waiting long. Manea, the Matriarch of Elysium made her way to her in such a short amount of time that Bells could only assume that she had been within the area patrolling. As she approached Bellamy dipped her head respectfully, a smile upon her lips as Manea greeted her. “Likewise, Manea. It has been a fruitful time indeed, Ethne has risen in the lands of Auster, claiming Lazuli Falls and Cattail Creek for the time being. We are slowly growing, and my children have a safe place to roam.” Could she really ask for more? “Though there was an incident with a male who was ballsy enough to walk off with one of my children. I’ve gotten her back, but I wouldn’t put it past him to try more shit. He smells of a pack that lives near Fern Gulley… don’t know their names, but any pack that would walk off with my children certainly isn’t around to make friends. But that wasn’t why I came.”

Shifting the bag off her shoulder Bellamy takes a seat, opening its flap as she spoke. “Congratulations on your newest litter by the way. Seems I wasn’t the only one lucky enough to expand my family.” She lifts her gaze to Manea, smiling. She had picked up on the milk scent of the other femme, though she did not yet know the struggle Manea had with the little one’s health. “I’ve brought your pack some gifts from Ethne. Ginseng root, valerian root, watercress, alfalfa, and some rock candy that I’m sure your little ones would enjoy.” She spreads the items out with a paw before returning her gaze back to Manea.

“How have you and the rest of Elysium been doing? Is all well here?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
01-12-2023, 07:30 PM

Manea listened with interest as Bellamy told her of Ethne and the lands that they now occupied. She was fairly familiar with Auster after the time that they had spent there between Hallows and Fenmyre so she was able to pin point the area in her mind pretty easily. She was very glad to hear of another pack coming into existence with a friendly face at the helm—and for the fact that Bellamy and her children now had a stable place to call home. She knew from experience that having a real home was beneficial in so many ways. "Congratulations are definitely in order then," she replied with a grin, her tail wagging gently behind her. It didn't seem to be all good news, however, as Bellamy went on to describe how one of her daughters had been led astray by a male from another pack, the news making a concerned frown pull at her lips. The proximity of the pack where Bellamy described that they lived made Manea think of the Pirate heathens, but she didn't know how much of that was fact and how much of that was her own prejudice toward them.

Still, as Bellamy pointed out, that wasn't why she had come and Manea didn't want to dampen the mood too much so she eased her expression with another smile as her guest congratulated her on another litter. Thank you," she said with a soft chuckle and a nod of her head. "They were born quite recently, actually. You just happened to catch me on one of my first real patrols now that they're able to be without me for stretches of time so good timing on your part." As Bellamy opened the bag she brought and presented the gifts that she had with her, Manea blinked with surprise, smiling gratefully at the assortment of herbs and the candy that she was also very sure the pups would enjoy. "You're far too kind, Bellamy. Thank you again," she said with genuine gratitude.

She settled back onto her haunches as her now fellow alpha asked about Elysium and the state of things, settling in a bit to get more comfortable as they began to chat. "We're doing well," she replied with a smile. "I've been happy to welcome our newest pups of course as well as a couple new members on top of that. Of course there's always the added challenge of more mouths to feed, but what Elysium lacks in healers it more than makes up for with warriors and hunters," she explained with a chuckle. "I suppose my ranks are a bit unbalanced in that sense, but the two healers that I am lucky enough to have are quite talented." She gave Bellamy a curious look and asked, "How about you? Everything with Ethne settling in alright besides the one incident?"

"Manea Mendacium"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-16-2023, 05:57 PM

There were congratulations to be held all around. Bellamy, for her alphaship and securing a safe haven for her family, and Manea for bringing another litter of pups into this world. There was nothing like the feeling of becoming a parent again, and Bellamy had been blessed to experience it twice. She had been delighted with her last litter of little ones, a large one, and they were all so different and unique. It seemed Manea’s youngest were born just recently, and Bellamy’s eyes took a shine to them as the Matriarch mentioned their age. Still so little. They were so adorable at that stage. “I’m certain they’ll be running around before you know it.” Her words were meant in kind.

The black and cream furred woman lowers her haunches to the ground, getting more comfortable as well. color=#fffcee]“That is wonderful to hear. It feels as though Ethne’s own ranks are a bit unbalanced for the moment as well. We’ve attracted fighters and healers, but lack those who focus more on the hunting and crafting arts. We’re coming along though. The adults of the pack are all working together to keep everyone safe and fed. I’m sure as time goes on we’ll recruit more members. It may take some convincing, but I have faith we may have another join us soon. A friend of my daughter’s, in fact.”[/color]

Bellamy gave a small nod at this. “Other than the one incident we’re moving along. But I worry about the lasting effects on the cub after her time with Ignis. He didn’t harm her… but I worry he may try to use that to create a rift between me and the cub. By telling her to come back and see her “friends”.” Bellamy snorted softly. “I’m no saint myself, but Ignis Praetor is not a man to be trusted.. I would suggest your own pack take caution if they run into him. He’s hard to miss, a scarred up red beast.” Bellamy’s lips lifted in a snarl. “No wolf should ever drag someone’s children into a feud between them.”

Though her gaze had hardened at the mention of Ignis, Bellamy tried to bring the focus back to the purpose of her visit. “But… enough of that. I’ve come to potentially discuss an alliance with Elysium, or at the very least friendly terms between the two of our packs. I know your little ones are still too young, but perhaps when our children age we could arrange a meeting between them, having them train amongst each other. And, should you ever need an extra healer, I would be happy to send my daughter here to lend a paw. She is young, but learning fast from her father. She is capable.” Bellamy drew in a breath. “...and though Ethne is small, should you have need of extra fangs, we would lend our forces to yours.”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

01-25-2023, 09:37 PM

Manea listened as Bellamy described her concerns over any lasting effects on the cub she had taken in, pointing blame at the familiar name of Ignis Preator. Manea gave a hum of agreement and nodded as the fellow alpha went on, pointing out how the red, scarred man wasn't to be trusted. "Indeed," she replied with a bit of a frown. "I'm fairly familiar with him and the pirates he runs with," she admitted. She didn't want to lay out all of her cards too quickly, but this was one topic they clearly had some common ground over. "You certainly don't need to tell me twice. There is no love for him or his compatriots here." They didn't linger on the topic long, but it was good to know at least where she could share common enemies.

Their conversation then shifted back to what felt like the actual reason for Bellamy's visit as the black and cream woman brought up the relationship between their two packs, stating how she hoped for an alliance or at least a friendly relationship between the two. Manea nodded occasionally as she listened to Bellamy's pitch of sorts, not finding anything disagreeable with the idea of allowing their pups to train together once they were a bit older and appreciating the offer of sending her daughter to help with any needs they might have with healing and the following offer of extra fangs should they ever need them. Manea smiled softly and gave a small, appreciative dip of her head in response as she replied, "I think I can easily agree to friendly terms between our packs. I only hesitate to agree to an alliance so quickly because of the fact that I already hold a few standing alliances with other packs and I both wouldn't want to have conflicting relations with one of them nor do I want to spread my pack too thin in who we offer our assistance to. But, perhaps with time and as our families get to know one another better we can revisit the idea in the future."

She thought for a moment and then added, "I do think that getting our pups together to train in the near future is a good idea. Perhaps sometime in the spring when travel would be more pleasant we can find a place between our two packs to meet. Also, Elysium is due for another festival in the next season or two so I do hope that you and your family will join us for the event. I'll send one of my ravens to let you know when it will be once my daughters have a chance to do more planning. Also, if you ever find yourself in need of any metals, gemstones, or pelts, we are very much open for trade." At least she felt like she could make some kind of arrangement to make Bellamy's visit feel productive. She liked the other woman quite a bit, she simply needed to know more of her and her family before she agreed to an alliance.

"Manea Mendacium"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-28-2023, 11:42 PM

Ahh, so it seemed Bellamy and her family weren’t the only ones familiar with Ignis as well as those he ran with. Pirates, huh? That would explain the pack scent near the gulley. While she had no knowledge of what the pack itself was capable of, with a member like Ignis, and the fact that they had willingly allowed him to bring in a kidnapped child… It only made sense in her mind that they weren’t to be trusted. There was also no knowing what sort of pull he had with those pirates, and if the general term of what a pirate was was anything to go by, they were bad news. The woman made a mental note to warn her pack against them, and to avoid the pack like the plague. Yet, despite this, she doubted that they wouldn’t have some sort of unpleasant interaction. Especially since she didn’t doubt that she hadn’t seen the last of Ignis. Bells wouldn’t say anything more on the matter for now as they moved on to the main reason why the maned woman had made the journey out here.

Manea agreed to friendly terms between their packs but was hesitant to agree to an alliance at current… and understandably so. Agreeing to an alliance that may conflict with other alliances was never a smart move for a pack, and Bellamy dipped her head. “I understand where you are coming from, Manea, and respect that decision. I do not intend to make many enemies of the packs of Boreas and Auster, but I do not naively believe that Ethne will live without conflict. Friendly terms, for the time being, are more than reasonable.” Besides that, it wasn’t as if Bellamy knew a lot about most of the other packs in Boreas or Auster. She knew the pirates weren’t to be trusted, if not labeled as enemies, and she was sure that Valhalla did not see her in a good light. She didn’t know enough about them to make a call on how to view the pack but she doubted after her initial intent to challenge the alpha would even consider “friendly” terms. And perhaps that was for the better.

Manea was receptive to the idea of having their children train together and Bellamy found herself smiling at that.  “Spring sounds like a good time. I’m more than happy to bring the children up to Boreas. It would do them good to see more of the world. I’m sure that my pack and I would love to join in… none of us have ever been to one before.” Socializing would be good for all of them, herself included. “As for the trade, I’m sure we could definitely use more pelts in the future. I’d like each of the dens to be comfortable for our members, and when the kids get bigger and need their own dens we’ll have a need for them. Perhaps metals as well, if we get a member with knowledge on how to work them. Although… that does bring up a question. How are your wolves with crafting things? I’ve been interested in battle accessories for my mate, but they feel a little outside of my knowledge…” Bells tilted her head slightly to the side. Would those in Elysium be able to help with those items? She wanted Gavroche to be ready… especially with wolves like Ignis willing to target other members of her family.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

02-04-2023, 07:12 PM

Manea was pleased to hear that her offer of friendly relations and the hope that they could grow closer through activities between their families was a good compromise despite turning down the offer of an alliance. She did quite enjoy her conversations with Bellamy and she had no doubt that they could come to a more substantial agreement in the future, but with her number of alliances growing she didn't want to commit to something that would cause an issue elsewhere. Her fellow alphaess understood and agreed that the terms were reasonable, making Manea smile and give a small nod. "I'm glad to hear it."

The conversation went on, bringing up the items they might have interest in for trades, mentioning the metals and pelts as something they might find need for. Manea again nodded with understanding and grinned a little when she was asked whether she had someone in the pack that was well versed in crafting battle accessories. "Actually, my daughter, Avacyn, is quite knowledgeable with crafting and has made quite a hobby out of making all sorts of things. I will say though, even she will send you to the Armada's blacksmith if you truly want some well made armor or weapons. Ruga, I believe his name is. Armada has a market place that is open to the public and he has a stall there. My son went to visit him about restoring a sword not all that long ago. Still, I'm sure Avacyn would take on a project for you if you didn't want to make the trip to the north."

"Manea Mendacium"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-19-2023, 02:29 AM

While Bellamy had been hoping to hear that Elysium had at least one wolf knowledgeable in crafting such equipment, she was pleasantly surprised to hear that Manea’s own daughter, Avacyn, was actually knowledgeable in the crafting arts. The woman arched a brow at this, intrigued, but Manea’s next comment was what really caught her attention. It seemed that the Armada was the place to go for well made armor and weapons. She had heard of them before of course, through Wren, but she hadn’t obtained this information about their blacksmith or their marketplace. While she intended to go see the Warlord there in the future, she wasn’t entirely sure if she could afford to make such a trip yet. She was away from her family a fair bit already, just between coming to the packs in the southern reaches of Boreas and, as she remembered, the Northern reaches were frigid. Not exactly temperatures she was keen on returning to.

“I will think about who I’d like to make the weapon, but I’d be more than happy to see what your daughter could come up with as a defensive accessory for Gav. I have some ideas in mind, and I’m sure with some creator’s flair she could truly make something special for him.” While Avacyn might have referred her to the Armada herself, Bells was genuinely curious to see the girl's skill in crafting as well. It could potentially open up further trade options with Elysium which, in Bellamy's eyes, could only be a good thing.

"I don't want to put too much pressure on our first meeting together as alphas though, or on your daughter before we have the chance to meet. I can come take another trip here once spring arrives and we can discuss any further ideas for trade and perhaps cement a timeframe for our little ones to meet if one comes to mind. And if you have need of any extra herbs or the views and experience of another healer, feel free to send one of your ravens to us and we'll have help here as soon as we can." It would give them time to consider exactly what resources they might need from one another and not feel rushed in their decisions. And while Bells was sure Elysium had skilled healers of their own, she had little knowledge of the difference in herbs that could be gathered in Auster opposed to Boreas… so Manea's pack relayed they needed them, the Leader of Ethne would make sure they got them. She felt hopeful for the future between their packs though.

"Speech" 'Thought.'