gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
10-28-2022, 11:50 PM

Bellamy was on a mission but before she made her way to Fern Gulley, the place she had seen Ignis with that pregnant woman. There was a very real possibility he was still around that location. But before Bells went there, looking for a fight and to reclaim the cub she called her daughter, she wanted to stop by Avalon and speak with Corbie. She had given her word that she would come to see Avalon’s alpha when the pack was born and Bells intended to make good on that promise. Naturally, Ears and Whiskers were with her - she had a feeling she was going to need them soon.

The woman found the familiar borders of The Range and slowed to a stop, her gaze flicking across the horizon. She had no idea how Avalon had been fairing since she had left with Gavroche, Lucette, and her youngest litter. She drew in a breath and tilted her head back, calling for Corbie. Hopefully, she wasn’t taking the woman away from anything too pressing.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
11-14-2022, 05:27 PM
Corbie's ears pricked in interest as a voice called out to her. It hadn't been that long ago that she'd seen Bellamy off with her family to start a pack, but she'd worried nonetheless when she hadn't heard from her so she was glad to hear her voice now. Turning she trotted back along the border until she reached the familiar form of the other black and white woman. "Bellamy!" she hailed with a smile. "I'm glad to see you again. How is your family? Were you able to start your pack?" Bellamy hadn't brought her family with her, so it was a safe bet that either she had made her pack, or was close to it.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
11-14-2022, 10:37 PM

Corbie came, not that there was any doubt in Bellamy’s mind that the other woman would. At the Avalon alpha’s greeting Bells dipped her head, rumbling back one of her own. “Good to see you again, Corbie.” She was glad to see that the pack was going well, or at least seemed to be. She smiled a little, though there was a hint of sadness in it as Corbie asked those questions. She had managed to get Ethne going, but there had been one cost to it. A cost that she planned to correct, but how messy that would be had yet to be seen.

“The little ones are well, for the most part. Already getting into trouble. I was able to create Ethne, however, and we have taken up residency in Lazuli Falls and Cattail Creek in Auster. It is comfortable there, the kids love it.” Her smile faded. “Unfortunately, during our journey and my scouting, a man named Ignis Praetor made off with the polar bear cub I adopted. I have reason to believe he won’t harm her but…” Bellamy let loose a small sigh.

“I would be lying if I said that I believed our confrontation would be peaceful. The past two times one of us has gotten maimed as a result.” She lowered her rear to the ground. “I intend to confront him after our meeting here. How has Avalon been fairing? How have you been fairing?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

12-05-2022, 11:48 PM
Bellamy was quick to provide reassurances about her family and her pack, telling Corbie how they were doing and where she had ultimately decided to raise her pack. Corbie took careful note of the lands she had claimed, knowing she would be one day going that way to offer trade on Avalon's behalf. More concerning news, though, made Corbie's brow furrow in sympathy. An adopted child, taken? Little as Corbie herself liked conflict, that certainly sounded like it was both inevitable and justified, though for Bellamy's sake she hoped it would be resolved peacefully and with the cub safely home. "I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck in retrieving your cub safely." She shook her head, unable to reason why someone would steal a child. "Avalon is doing well," she assured the former member. "As am I. It has been hard work to set up but it is work I enjoy, so of course that helps it pass easier." She smiled fondly to think of it, knowing that her sore muscles now would translate directly to Avalon's future prosperity. "How is alphahood treating you? And your pack - Is it all you had hoped it would be?"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-12-2022, 04:25 PM

Corbie offered her sympathy, and Bellamy gave a nod. She hoped that she would be able to get Saga back safely, but Ignis could be unpredictable. The woman wasn’t sure she’d be able to reach him, or if she would be able to keep her temper reigned as she spoke to him. But that was her struggle, not Avalon’s or Corbie’s. She would not ask the other alpha to assist her in getting Saga home.

For now, she turned her attention back to Corbie, relieved to hear that Avalon was doing well, as was she. Good, good… Bellamy offered a small smile. “I’m glad to hear. Hopefully, Avalon continues to grow strong, and that work you’re doing rewards you in kind.” Bellamy dipped her head. “Alphaship is… different. But my children have a home, and we are slowly growing. It may not be what I’ve hoped yet, but I am sure that it will reach that in time.” Bellamy told her, speaking honestly.

“My main concern was to give my children a home, and that part is at least achieved. They are happy and growing, and once I retrieve Saga, they will have another playmate.” Bellamy managed a small, sad smile. “I wish that it wouldn’t come to this… but it is not uncommon for a wolf to have their enemies. I just hope I can squash it here, or keep the focus away from my pack and family in the future.” That smile faded.

“I haven’t been the best wolf myself, but I am trying to get better.” She confessed. “...Sorry, I didn’t mean to come here with my problems.” She offered an apologetic smile. “I guess getting used to this whole alphaship thing is a bit harder than I thought.”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

01-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Bellamy circled back to her worries over her stolen child before apologizing that she kept dumping her concerns on Corbie. Corbie touched Bellamy's shoulder gently with her paw. "Bellamy, I do not blame you for your preoccupation. I understand. While I hold to pacifism in most cases myself, some things are beyond being borne peacefully. If it comes to that for you, I wish you the best of luck against an enemy who would use innocent children to persecute their grudge against you, and I will hold you in no less esteem for choosing to battle. I did the same in choosing to fight to keep Abaven's place from being claimed, and it would be beyond hypocritical for me to blame you for saving a child from that fate. I would hope you'll never have reason to feel uncomfortable venting to me about your troubles. We are after all in similar straits as new alphas."

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-16-2023, 06:54 PM

While Bellamy might have been worried about burdening Corbie with her woes, the other woman offered her comfort. While the monochrome alpha might have preferred to hold to pacifism, she understood that there were some things that could not be resolved peacefully. Bellamy, who had fought all her life, wasn’t as familiar with resolving things without conflict. It was something she longed to work on, for her family’s sake… but… Her thoughts shifted back to Ignis. Any wolf who would use a child as leverage against an adult was a different breed of monster. She sighed softly, and was grateful for Corbie’s reassurance.

“Thank you, Corbie.” Bellamy told her. “I’ll admit… I have been fighting my whole life, and so tactics like this are not unfamiliar to me. But I’m trying my hardest to change, to become better for my family, for Ethne. I want a safe place where my children can grow up without fear…” She sighed softly. “I don’t want this to come to more bloodshed, but I will do what I have to in order to ensure Saga comes home. I’m stuck in an awkward position… willing to fight… but not wanting to cause more stress upon my family. I’m fighting myself.” Her green gaze softened.

“That’s why I admire the stance you have taken with Avalon. I do not believe this is something I could personally achieve… but it makes me relieved to know such a pack exists.” Bellamy furrowed her brow. “I would like to remain on friendly terms with Avalon, or even ally with your pack, should you be willing. I respect your stance of pacifism, and would never ask you to fight Ethne’s or my battles for me. But I believe we can help each other in forms of trade or an exchange of skills among our members. There are a good number of herbs growing within Ethne’s territory, for example, as well as a sweet rock-like candy that grows within the cavern beyond the falls. My children certainly adore it.” Bellamy chuckled softly. Their talk had shifted in the direction she had meant for it to… and after this meeting, she would hopefully be on her way to retrieve Saga.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

01-31-2023, 12:43 AM
Corbie listened sympathetically to Bellamy's words about Avalon's ideals, though she only nodded rather than reply. She wasn't sure what more could be said about it than she had, but she thought that Bellamy had taken her words to heart already anyway. As to her offer... "I do not think I can accept alliances and still be seen as politically neutral," she said slowly, thoughtfully. Apologetically. "There will always be the outside assumption that the alliance with one pack would color our dealings with another. But we are more than happy to offer trade with your pack, and friendship. It is why I made Avalon." Perhaps as an outsider to packs, being raised by someone who disapproved of them, she had a unique view on the politics of alliances and the idea of neutrality. Avalon wasn't intended as a traditional pack, but as a community, and the web of alliances and boundaries a pack traditionally employed by it's very existance excluded others rather than giving equal weight to each. "You know what we have to offer," she added with a smile. "Sheep products, honey, mead, ciders. And as we settle in more we will be able to experiment with new things as well."

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-13-2023, 06:22 PM

Bellamy was a bit disheartened by Corbie’s decision to deny an alliance between their two packs but she respected the Avalon alpha’s reasoning. “I understand, Corbie.” Bellamy’s ears fell a bit and turned toward the horizon before she shook her head. It would have been nice to believe that their pack wouldn’t be targeted, but Bellamy knew better. And… maybe it was a sign of a weak alpha to fear that. But Bellamy was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to defend her pack on her own… and with their current members… she wasn’t even sure even with her pack's help they could defend themselves. But was it really fair to expect help from another pack? An ally? What benefit would an ally actually have with Ethne? Maybe… maybe she was just overthinking things again.

“It is nice to know that there is another pack we don’t have to worry about threats from though. And there are still benefits to be had even with friendly terms between packs.” Bellamy tried to shift her dark thoughts away from fear of dangers for Ethne, and as she looked back at Corbie, the woman offered a small smile. “Once Saga is home I plan to have us stock up on more of Ethne’s resources for trade as well. Our lands seem to have a respectable amount of herbs,” Which was in part why Bellamy had chosen them. For Gavroche and Lucette.

“...as well as rock candy and some local Auster fair as well. We also have access to good materials for making baskets or bags for carrying or holding things once we can get off the ground.” Granted to do some of the finer points in crafting those items the woman needed the assistance of Gavroche’s companion James. Thanks to his dexterous hands he could put things together more easily than the wolves. That allowed them to make bags that didn’t have big gaps through the material which allowed items to be gathered without the fear of losing what was gathered. They weren’t as refined or pretty as the bag that Gavroche had but they were still useful at least.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-14-2023, 12:57 AM
Corbie felt vaguely guilty as Bellamy's expression fell. She hated to let down someone who had lived among them, who she cared for, but she had had a vision for her pack as a neutral place, open to all, and she couldn't justify offering some packs more than others and still call herself neutral. She needed to be able to remain apart from that world of alliances and enemies. Still, it troubled her. Bellamy went on to talk of trade, and Corbie let the moment of her concerns pass unremarked on. "Rock candy?" she asked curiously, seizing on the shift of topic. "I'm not familiar with that, but it does sound like a pleasant treat. I plan for us to hold many festivals over the year, a few of which are open to everyone, so such treats would be a welcome addition to the fun. I'd be more than willing to trade for such a thing." And someday, she hoped to see pups frolicking through Avalon's lands, growing up and learning there, and she could see that being a popular pup treat... in moderation, of course.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-19-2023, 02:33 AM

With their focus shifting to trade Bellamy allowed herself to relax, and feel a bit more confident in her visit with Corbie. She wouldn’t be able to stay much longer, but she was interested in seeing if there might be any trade endeavors they could shoot for with Avalon in the future. Corbie seemed to take interest in the rock candy and Bellamy grinned. “It is really interesting. I’ve never seen anything like it anywhere else. It is hard, but can be chewed and seems to melt in your mouth even without that effort. It’s sweet, even sweeter than any berries or honey I’ve ever tasted. I’m sure it could be an enjoyable treat for festivals, especially for the little ones or any wolf with a bit of a sweet tooth. Definitely be careful with the amount given though. It is easier to get an upset belly off the candy than it is berries.” The woman chuckled softly. She knew her own kids enjoyed it, and even she liked to partake every once in a while.

“I’d be interested in trading some for a bit of your pack’s honey, as well as knowledge on sheep care.” A smile found its way to Bellamy’s lips. “My little ones might not remember Avalon, but it seems the influence of the pack may have stuck regardless. One of my sons has befriended a miniature sheep and I’d like to make sure we are taking proper care of her.” The woman glanced towards her companions, seeing how Ears was shifting eagerly, ready to confront Ignis in the attempt to get her daughter back. “For now, however, I should probably get going.” She glanced back at Corbie.

“I’ll bring your pack a sample of the candy in the spring, and you can decide for sure if you’d like to trade for it then. Perhaps I’ll even bring one of my children with me. I’m sure they’d love to meet you.” The woman dipped her head. “Farewell for now, my friend. Until we meet again.” With that the maned woman started off in the direction of the gulley with her two companions falling into position behind her.

-Exit Bells.-

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-21-2023, 01:12 AM
Corbie listened to Bellamy's description of the rock candy with interest. It did sound like it would make for a nice treat, and she resolved to set aside a good bit of honey to trade. Ethne was even newer and less established than Avalon, and likely could use the boost that trade would give them right then. As for the sheepcare, it would be harder to not get Corbie talking about livestock husbandry than to talk about it, so she wouldn't charge a friend for that at all, regardless of her choice not to be an ally. Perhaps she would entice Bellamy to accept woolen goods instead, to make a more even trade for Ethne and give them more resources for their new pack. But that would come in the spring, when Bellamy returned. "Agreed," she said instead with a smile, a smile that faltered into a more sober and concerned expression when she remembered that Bellamy was off to try to retrieve her adopted child. "Good luck," she added with complete sincerity as Bellamy turned to leave. Corbie watched for some time until the other wolf disappeared into the distance before turning herself and returning to her work.