An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
03-05-2023, 09:41 PM

Following the raid that they held with Valta, she had begun her rounds to check on their fighters. It had been the first time she had sat out and stayed home from such a thing and it was a reminder of the fact that in the not so distant future it would be time to hand over the reigns to her children. It was baffling to her how fast time was passing and how mature they were already. It felt like just yesterday that she was watching their twins play back when their pack was just a far flung dream. Now Elysium was firmly established here in Boreas and she and Alastor had grown their family from just the two of them to seven. As she walked across the island to where Saracyn and Avacyn had made their den, she couldn't help but look around and wonder where the future would take them. She was confident in Avacyn's ability to continue on this legacy they were building here, but she knew that before that time came there was work she needed to do first.

Ever since the day that she had presented the marriages she had attempted to arrange for their twins there had been a tension between her and her son and while she understood his issue with the arrangement she had been hesitant to approach him about it again. Avacyn had assured her that she wanted to handle all of it and had even gone to seek Albion out herself shortly after and things had seemed to settle down some after that. However, she wasn't blind and she wasn't clueless. She knew why Saracyn and Avacyn had chosen to move in together rather than Avacyn choosing a place for her and Albion without any of them having to say why. She had decided after the falling out with Saracyn that she would no longer interfere with their relationships, but she was still very much aware. Still, she didn't want any of that to come between her and her children. All of them were precious to her and the last thing she wanted was for them to shift into another major milestone for the twins without reconciling with her son.

Approaching the twin's caves, she found Saracyn in the main chamber with his sword and armor around him, clearly doing a bit of maintenance on them following the raid. She knew Avacyn was currently on her patrols which was exactly why she had decided to come here now when she knew she'd have a moment alone with him. "Saracyn," she greeted simply, but there was a soft smile on her lips and her tone had a familiar and loving warmth to it. She stopped a few feet past the entrance, waiting to see if he would welcome her in. She tried to respect her son's space and hoped maybe he would come around in his own time, but she wanted to put in the effort herself to try and bridge the gap between them as well. "Could we talk?"

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Saracyn

"The Deviant Prince"

Elysium
Commander

Master Fighter (345)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bodyguard Bodyguard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDouble Master1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-15-2023, 10:03 PM

In the aftermath of the raid with Valta, Saracyn had been mulling over how he and Avacyn were going to handle their situation. Things were changing, an inevitable crossroads reached and an ultimatum decided on. Ava had planned to have a conversation with Albion to discuss their position and he would need to prepare to have a chat with her with their mother. Sara did not suspect Manea would be too pleased with the news they were bringing her, but at the same time it was a conversation that they couldn't avoid. He knew their mother loved them both very much and that she had always wanted what was best for them and their happiness, but would that same mantra ring true when she was faced with the twins defying her expectations and hopes for them? Saracyn obviously hoped for the best outcome, but the realistic side of him was also preparing an exit strategy for him and Avacyn should the worst case scenario come to pass.

The prince was alone at this time, sitting in his den shared with his twin sister and working on mending his armor and sword. Though they had not been terribly damaged during the raid, his grapple with the red wolf had left a few punctures in his leather armor that he was patching up, and his sword could always use a good honing. The sound of paws at the door made one crimson ear swivel back, and at first he suspected it was Avacyn returning from her patrol. He glanced back over his shoulder with a little smile, only to find a different violet fae standing there. While he wasn't disappointed to find Manea there instead of Ava, he was surprised to see her. They hadn't had any interactions just the two of them since they're falling out when she had proposed the arranged marriages to the twins a couple of seasons ago. While Sara was indeed a brute to hold a grudge, he did not keep any animosity towards his mother. Bygones were bygones, and she was doing what she thought was right for them.

"Mom! Come in," he greeted her in return, bidding her entrance with a simple tip of his head. She asked if they could talk, and Sara nodded his head. "Sure. Let me just finish this last stitch." Saracyn finished adding the last leather patch to his cuirass before setting the repair tools down on the workbench and came over to face his dam properly, his body language relaxed and easy, showing no signs of vindictiveness or malice towards her in his expression. "Is this about our performance in the raid? Because if it is, I assure you that Ava and I plan to address our fighters and shore up their shortcomings. We won't have so many lose their first fights next time." To say Saracyn was a little embarrassed by the performance of Elysium's first round of fights would have been an understatement.

"Saracyn Mendacium"

Warning: Saracyn is an explicitly mature character for violent and sexual content. Read his threads with caution.
Saracyn's designated wolf to protect as a Bodyguard is Avacyn. She may enter his threads not marked as Private.

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
03-19-2023, 12:20 PM

Manea wasn't sure what to expect from her son as he glanced back at her from his work. Having not had any one on one interactions since his angry reaction to the marriages she had arranged for him and his sister and knowing that he was truly his father's son when it came to being able to hold a grudge, she had worried that he still wouldn't want to speak with her. That fear seemed to be unfounded, however, as he greeted her warmly and invited her in as he finished up the last bit of his mending. Her shoulders relaxed a bit and she smiled as she walked into the space to join him, glancing around a bit at the cave that Saracyn and Avacyn had claimed when they moved out of the family dens. She had visited briefly a couple of times to meet up with Avacyn for one of their meetings or patrols, but this was the first time she had really gotten a chance to really look at the space and it seemed like her oldest children had set up quite a nice home for themselves.

As Saracyn put his tools and armor to the side and came to join her where she had settled onto her haunches, her aqua gaze shifted to focus on her son, a warm smile pulling at her lips. It was a relief to see him so relaxed. It seemed like for so long there had been such an unsettled angst and anger in him, but perhaps that was just part of growing up. She chuckled softly and gave a gentle shake of her head when he asked if her visit was about the raid that they had ultimately lost due to the poor showing in the first wave of fighting. "No, it's not about that. Don't fret too much about the raid, darling. We all knew that a good number of our fighters were lacking experience which was why we set up the raid in the first place. I'm sure the experience was good for them, win or lose." She gestured for him to sit as well before she told him, "I just wanted to come see you... It's been so long since we've talked so I wanted to make sure we were okay and see how you were doing." She gave him a slightly apologetic smile as she added, "I know I should have come to you sooner, but... I wanted to give you some time and space to work things out on your own."

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Saracyn

"The Deviant Prince"

Elysium
Commander

Master Fighter (345)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDouble Master1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-20-2023, 07:37 PM

Despite what he had originally thought this visit was for, Manea reassured him that her sudden appearance at the den had not been to scold him for losing the raid or chastising his abilities as acting Commander. Saracyn raised a curious brow and looked to Manea, prompting his mother without words to continue. She had his interest. At her gesture, the young brute came over to sit beside his mother on the fur rugs strewn about their common space. When she explained that she had come to see him and check up on him, Sara was a little surprised. He hadn't expected Manea to go out of her way to come have a chat with him about how he was doing, especially not when it seemed like she preferred to just sweep all the displeasure of the arranged marriages situation under the rug. The surprise was likely apparent on his expression too, and it took him a moment to reply to her, still wrapping his head around what she had said.

"It's fine, Mom. You're busy," he remarked, addressing the easiest parts of her statements first. She was the Matriarch, after all. Leading a pack was a full time job. Hard to go check in on your moved-out eldest kids when you had two other litters, a chaos-inclined husband, and a whole band of wolves to lead and manage. "I'm doing fine. Great, actually!" The smile on Saracyn's face was genuine as he told Manea this. For the first time in his life, things had actually been feeling like they were working in his favor instead of against him. Avacyn was going to be his soulmate, they were going to be bonded and live their lives together as an official couple, Albion would likely be moving out, and he'd dominated his fights and shown off the Mendacium strength at the Valta raid. What more could he ask for? "I'm kind of glad you did, actually. It gave me time to reflect on things, put my life into perspective about what I want, what's important to me, and how I can best be a part of our family." Granted, he was leaving out the finer details of what all that thinking meant, but he didn't need to drop that bomb on Manea right now, not when she had come to him with an olive branch to try and mend bridges between them.

"Saracyn Mendacium"

Warning: Saracyn is an explicitly mature character for violent and sexual content. Read his threads with caution.
Saracyn's designated wolf to protect as a Bodyguard is Avacyn. She may enter his threads not marked as Private.

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

03-20-2023, 11:18 PM

Manea gave a small shake of her head as Saracyn excused the time it had taken her to come see him, citing her demanding role as Matriarch as enough of an excuse. She was certainly busy, but she never wanted to be too busy for her children. She had thought often about coming to see him and had even begun to do so several times, but had stopped herself. Trying to give them what she had thought they needed or would want had only driven them away so she had stepped back to allow them to find their own way. It seemed that had been the best call she had made in all of this as she watched the genuine smile cross his lips. All she had ever really wanted was for him and his siblings to be happy and it seemed that right now at least he was truly happy. What had brought him that happiness wasn't fully known to her–though she knew more than Saracyn probably thought she did–but that didn't matter right now. She hadn't seen Saracyn smile like this since he was a pup so it warmed her heart regardless of its source.

She smiled as her son expressed how he was glad for the time she had given him and the things it had allowed him to figure out. "That's wonderful, Sara. I'm really happy to hear that." While Avacyn had avoided discussing things on her brother's behalf, she had mentioned the struggle Saracyn had felt around being a male in their family. It was a fairly common feeling she had heard from her various brothers, cousins, and uncles. It was understandable, though she had hoped she had done what she could to make Saracyn feel just as valued and important as his sister. She understood that was a difficult thing to do when Avacyn was on the path to leading their pack and family in a role that had been passed down for generations, but it seemed like Saracyn was finally finding his footing and that made her happy. She leaned over to press a motherly kiss to his cheek, saying, "I'm just glad you're happy, darling." As she sat back once more, she gave him a curious look as she asked, "Tell me more about these revelations. What kind of perspective and importance have you figured out?"

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Saracyn

"The Deviant Prince"

Elysium
Commander

Master Fighter (345)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

03-29-2023, 11:48 PM

Saracyn was delighted to see the pleased look on his mother's face as he went about explaining the changes in his life that had taken place recently. It was no secret that he had been brooding, moody, and downright dour about his situation and position in their family, but for the first time in his existence he finally felt like he'd discovered his purpose. Unfortunately for Manea, that purpose was likely to cause her a good deal of grief and heartache. That was why when she leaned over to place a kiss on his cheek and ask about the revelations he'd had, Saracyn was a little hesitant to explain them to her right away. Maybe she'd notice the pause he took to consider his words, or maybe she wouldn't. Either way, Sara did his best to try to explain what he and Avacyn had decided to do as tactfully as possible so as not to destroy the faith she had in her children. "I've discovered that my true place is at Avacyn's side, giving her everything she needs to succeed as Matriarch, to support her through thick and thin and face down any obstacles or opposition in her way of finding a fulfilling life leading our family." That sounded pretty good, right? He just hadn't revealed the finer details of that plan to his mother just yet, and therein was where the devil lay.

Sara shifted a bit to face Manea more directly, glancing down between them while he gathered his thoughts and figured out how to go about explaining this to her. "I've struggled for so long trying to figure out what my purpose in this family is, Mom. Why the Ancients would make me alongside Avacyn when she was the one destined to lead, the more important of the two of us. I couldn't figure out why she wasn't born an only pup like Fiametta was and why I was made with her. But I finally understand, Mom. It's because the Ancients always meant for us to be together, our souls undivided forever." Saracyn wouldn't wait long to let Manea fully comprehend what he was saying before he went straight into his explanation and defense of his reasoning. "Think about it, Mom. You've always told us that the Ancients give us our souls for a reason. You've also said that the Ancients give us our soulmates to find in this world, and our souls will know when we've found them. And that's exactly what they did with me and Avacyn—we just ended up much closer than expected. Maybe that's part of the rarity of being twins in our family, or maybe it's just coincidence, but it's the only logical end I can come to for why I exist. I was made to be Avacyn's soulmate, to protect her and provide for her and support her as Matriarch, and that's exactly what I'm going to do."

After he had made his case to her, Saracyn diverted his eyes from Manea's again, turning them off to the side. He didn't want to see the look of pain and disappointment she was sure to have in them. He just hoped that maybe his revelation would be enough for her to understand. "I know this goes against everything in our beliefs, but... why else would the Ancients have made us twins, given us our matching markings, given me a soul? I have to believe that because our circumstances are so wildly rare that we're the exception to the rule. The Ancients blessed me and Avacyn this way. What other reason could there be?" He sighed, his shoulders slumping a bit as he kept his eyes averted from his mother. "I know this is probably not something you can understand or support. I know it flies in the face of everything you believe. But I have to believe this is truth, because if it's not... what else is there for me?"

"Saracyn Mendacium"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

04-01-2023, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2023, 02:20 PM by Manea. Edited 1 time in total.)

Manea looked to Saracyn expectantly, excited to hear what had changed her usually brooding son's outlook so drastically, but she noticed the slight hesitation in him as he seemingly tried to figure out how to tell her what he was so energized by. She couldn't begin to guess what would be so difficult for him to tell her, but as he finally began to share his renewed dedication to his twin and his support of her accent to Matriarch she began to piece it together before he even began to go on to confirm her thoughts in more detail. Perhaps her children thought that she didn't already see and know the depth of their care for each other, but that was the entire purpose behind her attempts to arrange a suitable partnership for them–not because she wanted to distract or discourage them from their feelings, but because she wanted them to have a viable way to produce the children that their family expected and wanted while still being able to love one another.

However, it had already been obvious from her conversations with Avacyn that those attempts had not settled out the way she had originally hoped and as Saracyn expressed the struggle he had finding his place and purpose and his confidence that the Ancients had meant for them to be together it became apparent that the twins had no intentions of being with anyone besides each other. She was careful to keep her expression from falling too far or showing her concern while he continued, giving him, at the very least, a chance to say his piece and tell her why he was so certain about this choice. She couldn't help but feel as if her lessons and teachings about the Ancients and the purpose behind the souls that they bestow to them and their soul mates was being twisted a bit to fit her son's vision of the world for him and Avacyn, but as she watched him speak so passionately about his relationship with Avacyn and be so unwaveringly dedicated to his sister it was impossible for her to stop him or to interrupt. All she could think about was all of the times she had seen him so sullen or moody and then compare that to this man that was sitting in front of her now. This was the way she always wanted her son to be so if this was the trade off she had to make to see his happiness was that worth it?

A frown creased her expression as he looked away from her after he pleaded his case, her ears flicking back as he seemed to almost brace for her reaction. It made her heart ache to know that her own children were afraid to tell her what was truly in their minds or hearts–whether that was to avoid her disappointment or punishment, she didn't know–but she supposed that was simply something that came from being the Matriarch. She was supposed to uphold their laws and their ways, regardless of whether it was her own children or not. If she was leading the way her mother and grandmother before her had led she would have denied his conclusions, enforced their laws, and separated her children. She would have stopped this well before it got this far. But she didn't. For her twins she was too soft, too loyal to them alone and too willing to overlook things for their happiness. It was obvious in the way that Saracyn spoke about how this went against their beliefs that he understood the laws and that he was conscious of the fact that they would be breaking them in doing this so she knew it wasn't a lack of knowledge. This was a love and a dedication that transcended duty and obligation. As she sat across from her son and wrestled with her own stalwart belief in their laws she couldn't bring herself to simply tell him no. This was the kind of love she had always wanted for her children. How could she deny them that?

There was a heavy pause after Saracyn fell silent before Manea finally let out a sigh, glancing down at the ground between them for a moment as she gathered her own thoughts. "Saracyn... I know you know what this means for you. For Avacyn. Living in such contradiction with our laws... Maybe if Avacyn wasn't destined to be the Matriarch it would be easier to forgive and overlook..." She hesitated, bringing her aqua gaze back up to Saracyn's face for a moment before her expression began to soften. She shifted closer to him and cupped his cheek with her paw, lifting his gaze to meet hers again. "But all I've ever wanted was your happiness. If this is what it takes... If this is what will keep you truly happy and fulfilled... then you have my blessing. We will figure out rest, but... what's most important is this spark I see in your eyes right now. I won't allow anything to put that out." She smiled softly, tipping her muzzle up to press a kiss to his forehead affectionately before letting her paw slip from his cheek. "This is the fiery boy that captured my heart when you were just a wiggly little pup. I've missed that passion and joy in you so much and to see you happy again... That means everything to me."

Manea | Temno | Ciemny

Saracyn

"The Deviant Prince"

Elysium
Commander

Master Fighter (345)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

04-01-2023, 07:37 PM

There was a long pause that followed his speech where Saracyn did not know how this conversation might turn out. He could see the disapproving frown on his mother's face, see the conflicted way she was looking at him. Had this been a mistake telling her all this? No, no they were going to have to have this conversation sooner or later. Better for him to take the brunt of their mother's wrath than Avacyn. He wouldn't be able to bear watching his sweet sister buckling beneath a berating from their mother. The sullen silence stretched on between them. The awkwardness gnawed at Sara's insides and it took all his self control to not shuffle his paws about nervously. Was he going to have to have a fight with Manea? Was he going to have to challenge her if she tried to intervene between them again? Saracyn didn't want to come to violence to have his love, but he wasn't opposed to doing whatever it took. How strong were Manea's beliefs that she wouldn't be able to understand what he did? Maybe she wasn't as in tuned with her spirit as he was with his.

All those what ifs never had to be considered though, as Manea began by warning him that he knew what this would mean for the both of them. He didn't respond, at least not verbally, but his tense posture and anxious body language showed that he did. His lips hardened into a tight line while he considered what might come next. He braced himself for the verbal lashings to follow—but instead he was surprised by the gentle touch of his mother's paw on his cheek lifting his gaze to meet hers. He looked so sad and conflicted having to feel like he was betraying his mother and their customs like this, but he would not waver. This was his trial, and he would stand his ground for his love.

But when Manea gave her hesitant blessing to the twins and explained that all she had ever wanted was their happiness, Saracyn nearly broke. His hard set jaw quivered and as he bowed his head so Manea could place a kiss on his forehead, his whole body shook. He had finally gotten everything he wanted but at the cost of breaking his mother's heart. He couldn't bring himself to regret any of it, but he also couldn't rejoice wholeheartedly either. It was such an awful and terrible conflict he was stuck in; his whole life felt like a major contradiction and a cruel joke made by the Ancients.

"I'm sorry..." he said after a moment, having to focus on his breathing to keep his voice steady while he spoke. "I'm sorry I'm not the perfect son you wanted me to be... But this is who I am. I can't be any other way. I love Avacyn, Mom. I love her with all my heart and soul. She's the only thing that makes me feel like I have a purpose beyond just making more Mendaciums. I can't be happy without her, and any other way I'd end up losing her. I just..." Saracyn swallowed hard, closing his eyes as he shook his head. "I'm sorry I'm ruining everything you've done for us."

"Saracyn Mendacium"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

04-02-2023, 12:06 PM

Manea's head tipped slightly as her brows pulled together at his unexpected apology, but she listened as he apologized for not being the perfect son and reinforced how deep his love for Avacyn ran. Her ears folded back as she listened. She wasn't sure if there was anything that could break her heart more than seeing her son breaking like this and it only solidified her decisions. Yes, she was allowing them to break laws that she shouldn't and yes, she was putting the future of their family line at risk because of it, but... she could see how genuine Saracyn was in this moment and she knew how much this meant to him. They could figure out ways around everything else, but she knew there would be no substitute for this and she couldn't force her children to live a life that only brought them heartache and sadness.

"Oh, my boy..." she said softly with a sigh as he apologized for ruining everything everything she had done for them. She lifted her forelegs to wrap them around his shoulders and pull him into a hug, nuzzling the top of his head. "You're not ruining everything. The way the engagements turned out is... unfortunate, but that's not going to ruin anything." The didn't say it out loud, but she was almost glad that there was no longer a pack at the other end of that arrangement. She would never wish ill on Chimera or his former pack, but at least now she didn't have to worry about losing an alliance over the hearts of her children.

She gave him a squeeze and added, "At the end of the day... You and your siblings are the next generation of Mendacium wolves. With most of our extended family scattered to the wind... it's ultimately up to you how you want to follow and enforce our beliefs." She leaned back a bit from their embrace, resting her paws on his shoulders as she gave him a slightly sad smile. "I'm not delusional. I know that one day I'll be gone and it won't matter what laws I'm strict on and what I'm not. Maybe it mattered more when my great grand mother was Matriarch and she was leading group as big as our pack that was entirely made up of our family... but now my legacy is you and this pack of wandering souls. You are ruining nothing."

Manea | Temno | Ciemny