ardent

Black Balloons

Lurid

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
04-04-2023, 12:26 AM
It was time to visit that new pack that had risen recently. The woman that Medusa had seen at the challenge, the one that had won, seemed like her type of girl. She didn't know her or any of her followers, but she might as well take that first step in checking them out, no? Regardless of what the outcome of their meeting was today, at least Medusa would have names to put to faces. To determine at least where the pack would stand, though she was mostly interested in what they were all about. Her companions had mentioned that it was usually customary to bring a gift when visiting the alpha of another pack, so Medusa brought with her a couple of things she had crafted herself. Of course, with her own personal touches. The bones of those dead and gone, crafted skillfully into usable weapons (or accessories if they so chose to break them down). It took a couple of days, but she had reached the Northern Ship where she had briefly stayed when Menagerie had laid claim to these lands. Curious, the skeletal marked woman stood a respectful distance from the new borders and called for the woman that had earned her new title.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2022

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Lurid

Somnium

Expert Fighter (238)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

Double Master1KHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
04-04-2023, 01:57 PM
You should see me in a crown;
Watch me make 'em bow, one by one!

Lurid had seen the dark shape of a stranger approaching from the bow of her ship, interested, she waited to see what the wolf would do. Did they know what kind of pack they walked up to? The stranger lifted their head and called out in feminine tones for the alphas. Another diplomat? Lurid called back letting the other wolf know that she was on the way. Lurid moved to collect Requiem, but he was not there or anywhere. Perhaps he had gone scouting. Either way, Lurid was strong enough to go it on her own, and the stranger seemed to want to meet with her alone.

Upon getting closer to the stranger at her door, Lurid looked over the skeletal marked woman and her gifts. "Hello! I see you bring gifts." The greeting was cordial enough, but there was a guarded tone in her voice as well. Who was this wolf? She seemed to have good intentions, but what was she really here for? The ivory demon would know soon enough, she supposed. Holographic white-lavender eyes looked over the smaller woman, thoughts of what a lovely pelt she had rolling through her dark mind. If this went south, she would have a wonderful coat to make.

Word count: 207 words.
"Talk." || 'Think.' || 'Hear.'
Note: She is trying to be nice XD
ART
Despite her adorable good looks, Lurid is quite the nasty character. Use extreme caution when threading with her. Her threads are almost always considered mature, with possible triggers. Caution, this character is rated M for Mature! <3 She is unpredictable even to her author, who decides her conduct by random die rolls. Ilyn is a 24" tall polar bear & Samael is a black Augur Buzzard with a 50" wingspan, they travel with Lurid as her companions. If not directly mentioned, assume they are nearby. As her mate, Requiem is allowed in any of her threads regardless of label. Lurid possesses diamond-studded armor which she uses in battle.

Click the character icon to see Lurid's profile.
Discord: Bird_223 or PM character
to plot with me, ask about threads,
or to remind me about posts!

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
04-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Ears tipped forward when the new alpha called back to her, letting her know she was on the way to meet her. While Medusa knew nothing about this wolf or those who followed, let alone the pack itself, she was always the curious one. They would either be friends, enemies, or nothing to each other once this meeting was done. After all, Medusa wasn't exactly the type that everyone liked. You either liked her or you didn't, and considering she wasn't the standard for "normal" or even close to it, it was always a toss-up as to how others might treat her. Often enough, others assumed she was plain dumb simply because of the way she talked. But rest assured, she had proven over and over again that she was far from that. Still, she was an alpha and had earned that right fair and square. So when the newer alpha finally arrived and greeted her, Medusa's head tilted to the side as she nodded a greeting.

"Yes, Medusa has brought gifts for the new alpha!" She beamed as she unraveled the fur she had wrapped them up with. A dagger with an obsidian blade and a bleached bone handle, and a set of two bracelets also made from the vertebrae of a snake, and of course, the head and fangs of the viper to make up the centerpiece. (imagine something like this & this).

"Medusa watched your fight, and came to congratulate you! Medusa also won her challenge against the same family not long before you. They're not as strong as they think they are, at least not from what Medusa has seen." Recluse had lost, and Voodoo had lost. Both were from the same family and Medusa's opinion of the Klein family so far from what she had witnessed, wasn't that great.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2022

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Lurid

Somnium

Expert Fighter (238)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

04-08-2023, 04:16 PM

When the woman began to speak in third person, Lurid gave a grin. It amused her to learn the woman's name without having to give her own, anytime she could avoid giving out her name she took - not from fear, but for anonymity. You can't go around killing if everyone knows who you are, and her diet kind of depended partially on murder. When Medusa unwrapped the gifts she had brought, Lurid was a bit speechless. They were beautiful! The snake bracelets looked like something right up her alley, and the blade would be great for either Morbid or Requiem! How thoughtful. "Thank you, Medusa, these are perfectly suited for us." Her eyes met the blue of Medusa's and she gave a genuine smile. Medusa went on to describe that she had won against a member of the same family. Interesting. "I do not know the family, but Voodoo was just outclassed is all. If she trains herself up, she might make a fine warrior." Luckily, the monochrome woman they spoke of was already within Mirovian borders, oddly enough. She only wanted a stable home. If Medusa had won her fight, perhaps that meant she was also an alpha. "What did you name your pack? This is Mirovis. Would you like a tour?" Medusa would be the first to be invited into the territory without being expected to stay. Perhaps the gifts made a difference, but Lurid found herself liking the skeletal marked beauty.

Word count: 244 words.
Note: ---
ART
Despite her adorable good looks, Lurid is quite the nasty character. Use extreme caution when threading with her. Her threads are almost always considered mature, with possible triggers. Caution, this character is rated M for Mature! <3 She is unpredictable even to her author, who decides her conduct by random die rolls. Ilyn is a 24" tall polar bear & Samael is a black Augur Buzzard with a 50" wingspan, they travel with Lurid as her companions. If not directly mentioned, assume they are nearby. As her mate, Requiem is allowed in any of her threads regardless of label. Lurid possesses diamond-studded armor which she uses in battle.

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

04-10-2023, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2023, 11:38 PM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)

When Lurid looked over the items Medusa had presented, Medusa couldn't help but notice the delight on the new alpha's face. Her tail beat the air with delight. Finally! Someone who appreciated the morbid things in life as she did! It was so hard finding others who appreciated the beauty in death. Maybe they'd end up friends, after all! Medusa is glad the pretty alpha likes her gifts! Medusa makes a lot of things like this, she finds plenty to harvest!" After all, the tar pits didn't like to let its victims go so easily, and neither did Medusa.

"I do not know the family, but Voodoo was just outclassed is all. If she trains herself up, she might make a fine warrior." Huh, so Voodoo was her name, eh? It was a nice name. But regardless, Medusa couldn't get past her distaste for them. She didn't know Voodoo, so maybe she was like Ghoul or the scarce Kleins she actually did like. The ones that had earned her trust and mercy. "Maybe. Medusa doesn't know Voodoo, but she knows Recluse and her old members. Medusa took them as prisoners when she won the pack." She beamed, teeth flashing into a Cheshire grin. Besides, she was sure that Recluse's whole family hated Medusa for beating the deadbeat alphess fair and square. But no matter, she was taking her revenge at last!

"What did you name your pack? This is Mirovis. Would you like a tour?" Oh! Maybe she should've started with that, huh? Her grin quickly faded and replaced with a smaller one, "Insomnia in the West! And yes! Medusa would love a tour!" Honestly, she hadn't expected this at all, but hey, she wasn't going to deny herself the chance at a new potential friend! She waited then, for Lurid to lead the way.

"Medusa"

Lurid

Somnium

Expert Fighter (238)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

04-12-2023, 02:36 PM

Calling Lurid pretty would gain a smile from the Mirovian Blodreina. Medusa went on to explain that she made lots of trinkets like the ones she brought with her. Interesting, perhaps there could be a mutual benefit to be had here. The strange woman then went on to say that she took prisoners when she won her pack, Lurid made a noise of interest. "Hm...Maybe I should have done the same, but the pack I claimed was all but abandoned. Only Voodoo remained of it and she came to me willingly." Latin lilted double vocals practically purred as she spoke. Maybe Lurid should have taken prisoners, but the time was done for that.

Medusa accepted her invitation for a walk-through of Mirovis as it was now, and Lurid motioned her head for the woman to follow her. She led the way to her ship, explaining along the way that she housed wolves who were too dangerous to not have a home. Like an insane asylum, Lurid aimed to help the darker creatures of Ardent. Lurid did not say what the manner of that help was, no one needed to know that she intended to help the dark ones of this land see their bloodiest dreams come true. "This is home. There are three decks, four if you include the top deck. The hull is the only entry point." She moved into the darkness, her holographic gaze flashing as a smile grew on her face. Hopefully, no one would come to attack Medusa, as she was a guest of Lurid's. To do so would piss Blodreina off and none of her members would be foolish enough to risk that.

Word count: 278 words.
Note: ---
ART

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-01-2023, 10:25 PM

Lurid explained the pack she had claimed was abandoned, and Voodoo, despite losing (for Medusa had watched the fight) had decided to join. She supposed she couldn't judge the woman too harshly, all things considered. But Medusa had a deep distrust for the Klein family, mostly those that followed Recluse. There was only maybe a pawful of Recluse's former followers that she got along with, but the rest of them? They could rot for all she cared! "Voodoo & Lurid fought a good fight! Medusa watched the whole thing!" She exclaimed, praising the battle that led to the making of Mirovis. She flashed a grin as she followed Lurid through the ship, listening to her explanation of Mirovis. It seemed the pair and their ideals were pertty similar if you really got down to the nitty gritty, though compared to Mirovis' way, Insomnia's was probably more chaotic. There was order, sure. Medusa made sure of that to the best of her ability, but the wayward souls that Insomnia attracted were wildly unpredictable. Even herself. She could switch from what she was doing now to something unrecognizable in the blink of an eye if she felt threatened enough. But she wasn't afraid of Lurid, no. She liked her quite a lot, and she liked what Mirovis stood for.

"Medusa likes this place, it is a good place to call home. If Medusa didn't have past attachment to the Tar Pits, she would have made this home. But also, Medusa doesn't like the cold much, so it is a better place for Mirovis." She nodded firmly. She considered all that Lurid had told her so far, and although Medusa was 50/50 on most things, she was considering a friendship of sorts with them. After all, a pack like this from what she was told, wouldn't be faking being as dark as she said, right? She could tell there were no goody-two-shoes sort here. So maybe..."What does Lurid think of slaves and prisoners?" She asked nonchalantly as she peered over the edge of the ship.

"Medusa"

Lurid

Somnium

Expert Fighter (238)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Bird

05-15-2023, 07:32 PM
Lurid moved through the darkness with an ease that said she was born to such an environment, her paws scarcely making a sound on the metal floors. She floated like a ghost it seemed as she gave Medusa a tour of her home. The skeletal marked woman praised Lurid's fight, saying they fought well. "Thank you, Medusa." She was flattered really, but would not say so. Instead, her chest puffed out a bit more and she stood taller, proud of her accomplishments.

A genuine smile formed on the alabaster lips of the pale devil as Medusa said she would have claimed the ship for herself if not for the cold and an attachment to another land. "Well, I should thank you then for not claiming this place. It is quite special to me. I was raised in glacial caverns that are almost like the ship. I like it here, reminds me of home." Medusa went on to ask the demonic queen if she opposed slavery or taking prisoners. "We are open to both here, though taking prisoners is not something we are known for." No, they usually ate their prisoners, but these were best kept secret.