Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

1KFestival OrganizerDouble MasterCritical Dodge!Ooh La LaStudent
Samhain 2022
04-10-2023, 11:09 AM

Unfortunately for Bramble, her father was a busy wolf and would not always have time to train with her. At first, she had been upset by this realization until he had offered that she should go find a wolf by the name of Mercury. That this wolf was just as good as he was at fighting and could give her the practice she was looking for. So she had awoken that day as early as she could and left the chambers quickly to go find him. Excitement tingled in her toes as she took off running through the castle. Not really sure where she could find him, she headed down to the dojo. “Mercury?!” Bramble called out as her tail swung happily behind her. “I have a proposition for you!” The new big word she had learned felt good on her tongue as she slid past the door of the dojo with paws scrambling to grab purchase. Nearly falling on her butt, Bramble find got ahold of her long legs and rested against the door frame of the dojo. “Mercury, you in here?” She asked as she peered inside.

Bramble Carpathius

bramble's companions are to be assumed near her unless stated otherwise.

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
04-13-2023, 08:24 PM

Mercury spent much of his time with the Carpathian family. Guarding them, and helping to train the young ones when he could. When he wasn’t with the family, he was patrolling or training in the dojo. It was pure luck that put him there when Bramble came calling. He looked up from the dummy and found the green-tinged wolf.

“A proposition?” He asked, voice thoughtful and devoid of the amusement he felt at the little wolf and her big word.. “I’m pretty fond of propositions actually. I’m near the rack at the end” He called out when he realised Bramble hadn’t spotted his form yet. “What can I do for you, Bramble?” The Vanguard asked

"Speech"

[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

Master Intellectual (420)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022
04-14-2023, 09:48 AM

It would take a moment for Bramble to notice Mercury down at the end by a dummy. Her eyes lit up at the sight of the starry wolf. "Oh, I'm glad you are!" She let out a yip of excitement as she hurried over to where he stood. While she was growing into her own, she still had some time until she was his size. Looking up at him slightly, her teal eyes sparkled with excitement. "Dad is busy today doing who knows what," she lifts a paw to wave off the fact that he was too busy for her and lets out a dramatic sigh. "So I thought that maybe if you weren't also busy that maybe," Bramble hesitates, her body wiggling eagerly and tail wagging as she holds his gaze. "Would you spar with me? Maybe teach me some techniques?! I told Dad I want to become a knight, but I can't become one if I don't practice!" Another dramatic teenager sigh left her as she switched her expression into a more pouty puppy-dog appearance. How could he say no!?

Bramble Carpathius

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
05-18-2023, 05:25 PM

Mercury felt his lips twitch at the pups drama. Though he kept much of the amusement off his face. He knew Art could be very busy at times however, and was it not his very job to step in and help when he could? As the Vanguard, it was part of his duties to protect and teach the Aegis’ children. Of course, he would have done so regardless. How could he say no to a face like that?

“Well. I suppose I need to see what I’m working with then” He said, adopting a thoughtful position in front of her. “Let’s start with defences. Any great technique is built upon the backs of our defences. Show me what you know” He instructed her

"Speech"

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022
05-23-2023, 02:45 PM

She practically bounced with energy as Mercury positioned himself and agreed to help train her. Her body wiggled and tail swept the ground as it wagged quickly. Attempting to keep herself contained, Bramble spread her paws apart slightly. Rolling her shoulders back, she trained her gaze on Mercury. “Yes! So, I want to be in a good standing position to keep my weak spots safe!” Bramble spoke confidently as she stopped wagging her tail and let it align with her spine. Raising the hair along her back to make herself appear larger, she also folded her ears flat against her skull and tucked her chin slightly. “The bigger I look, the meaner I look too! Right?” She asked before relaxing her fighting stance.

Bramble Carpathius

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-07-2023, 10:52 PM

He chuckled at her rolling commentary as she pulled her position in. “Exactly. Squishy spots protected, and looking big can be good. But more importantly, your balance needs to be excellent.” He told her. He nudged her side gently to test her balance.

He walked a circle around her first, and then started on his corrections. “Tuck your toes into the ground, bend your knees slightly. You want to feel limber, and balanced in your core.” He informed her. “You have a good foundation, you know about your tails, ears, and chin. Keep track of them, so you don’t lose them along the way” He teased lightly.

"Speech"

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022
08-25-2023, 08:05 AM

As he nudges her side, she leans over and nearly loses her balance. A giggle bubbles in her throat as she sticks her tongue out playfully at him. "Ok, ok, you got me there!" Bramble nods though to let him know she is paying attention. Correcting her posture and standing firm and tall, she watches Mercury stroll around her. Listening intently, she glances around at her own body to see what he is talking about. Her tail swishes and her ears move from flattened to alert as she tries to get a good look at them. "Ya know, that is a lot to pay attention to!" She chirps as she does as he tells her to. Curling her toes, even extending her sharp claws slightly to help steady her ground, tucking her chin, bending her knees, a proper battle stance! "Is this better?" She asks as she tilts her teal eyes up at him.

Bramble Carpathius

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-25-2023, 03:54 PM

As he watched, she tightened her position. “You're right, it’s a lot to remember. That’s why it’s very important to practice. Set this position, step out, and back in, and back again. If you're waiting for something and have time to kill, set your position. You want it to feel natural to your body. As familiar as breathing. The only way to do that is to practise it” He advised her. His voice softly lectured, as those that had taught him had done so long ago.

“That’s perfect Bramble.” He agreed, giving her another soft push. “Alright, now that you have your defences down, let's look at attacks!” he said, coming to a stop in front of her. “Alright, I want you to come at me, Bramble. Think of soft spots, and things you can reach without compromising your balance” He told her, gesturing with a paw for her to proceed.

Ooc: Up to you if you want this to be a spar or just a lesson

"Speech"

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022
09-07-2023, 08:00 AM

Bramble listens in earnest and looks over Mercury to see if she can notice the soft spots he mentions. Her eyes narrow and her brow pinches together as she takes a step forward, her paws spreading slightly. When they are facing each other head-on, she notices the area beneath his chin and his armpit where his leg and shoulder meet his body. Those would be good spots, but only since she is still a pup, and reaching lower will be easy to maneuver. When she is older though? Perhaps they would need another lesson!

"I think I see a good one!" Bramble exclaims as her ears fall back and a grin spreads across her lips. Rushing forward to try and get the jump on Mercury, Bramble eats up the ground between them. Her paws pound into the mat until she is close enough to jump forward. Stretching her toes, she aims to land on his front paws as an initial distraction. In the next sweeping movement, she reaches up to try and bite him on the left side of his chest, close to his shoulder.

Bramble Carpathius

Bramble vs Mercury for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Sharpened & Elongated Canine Tooth Covers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Green leather cloak with a hood
Companion 1: Male Fisher, 45" - Battle
Companion 2: Female Common Raven, 48" - Battle
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Skills: Expert Fighter & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Bard

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I wanna be big and strong like you! Amron's Castle 11:09 AM, 04-10-2023 08:30 PM, 10-22-2023