Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
03-26-2023, 10:44 AM
I'm Trying to Find A Signal Fire

Pyralis had used her new found ability to travel to several areas of Boreas only to find herself pulled back to the Plunder. As far as she knew it was spring. Her mix of senses still didn't seem to include heat or cold which was probably a blessing. A fine layer of snow coated the beach, just a dusty over the deep, obsidian rocks. Once the sun fully rose it would likely melt the small accumulation. For now though the sun was just a rosey glow on the horizon. Pyralis settled on the rocks to watch, wondering if this would be last sunrise on this plane of existence and if not how many more she would be granted. She had still not figured out why she was back in this form. She sensed it would not be permanent and that raised more questions than answers.

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
04-04-2023, 04:58 PM

The sun had yet to rise when Rivin finally decided that sleep wasn’t coming and she needed to leave the den. She took Feng with her, since the wolverine was more keen on assisting her more barbaric vents of energy. Lark was more dignified, dutiful, but the bobcat seemed worried about her methods more often than not. Encouraged her to speak to her father, to her brothers… but Rivin didn’t want to. She loved them, sure, and would maul any creature that looked at them wrong, but she just… she was too much in her head lately. She didn’t want them worried. In a way it was protecting them, wasn’t it? While she figured herself out and her issues. Culling that fox pack that tried to get to her and Aresenn had been thrilling. Fighting alongside him… she had been happy, truly happy for a brief moment. Returning to the Plunder brought those feelings back though. That feeling under her skin… that whisper she couldn’t seem to hear… It was driving her mad. What was it trying to tell her?

Their venture lead them into the neighboring gully and a rabbit had been her victim of the day. The thing was barely a rabbit anymore, shredded, unrecognizable, by the time she finished and set to having a meal. When she was done she took care to gnaw off the back feet. Lucky rabbits feet, right? For her brothers… as a gift or some shit. Did wolves even give body parts as a present? Eh, it was good enough. Thought that counted, anyway. She sent the feet back with Feng to the cavern. She didn’t want to go back there yet. Her paws lead her to the beach where the light accumulation of snow was just firm enough to provide sound as she stepped over it. In a way… it calmed her. Shame it would be gone when the sun rose soon. The rosy sky promised it’s arrival…

The yearling lifted her gaze and froze. There she lay, on the rocks. Rivin’s ears flicked back, disbelief in her eyes. The form she saw was faint, mostly incorporeal, but with enough of a presence to show her form, her colors, almost like someone turned the opacity of her existence down to a far smaller number. A ghost… She probably should have been concerned what such a being was doing in the land of the living. Ghosts didn’t just wander the land – that was a pup’s tale! Yet here she was, the adult that, despite their brief encounter in her time of life, Rivin looked up to more than any other. The first adult to give her any solid advice, and show direct care for her hurt feelings regarding what happened with her “mother” and “brother”.

Pyralis.

Rivin quickened her pace, almost with the fear that, if she hesitated, Pyr would be gone. The woman’s back was to her, her focus on the horizon, but who else could it be? “Pyralis!” The yearling called out.

Don’t go… don’t leave us again…

"Talk," 'Think.'

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
04-08-2023, 10:28 AM

While she seemed to have lost some senses she'd gained others. She could sense when she wasn't alone and she turned her head, wondering what creature approached this time. To her surprise, and delight, it was Riven. She smiled at the girl giving her a moment to take in what she was seeing. "Hello Rivin, it is good to see you again. I'm sorry it couldn't be under better condition. I've been given a little extra time." Perhaps that was the reason for her return from the spirit world. A chance to wrap up loose ends, to say good bye before eternity closed its great gates.

"You've grown! I hope you are doing well?"

Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

04-25-2023, 12:27 AM

Pyralis was really here. Not as she was, no, her body had been sent to see, set ablaze… Rivin slowed, her ears falling. That smile… it hurt. Yet, at the same time, the yearling was glad. So glad that she could see the older pirate again. Pyralis had been kind of a legend, the sort of pirate the best of them should aspire to be. She snorted, drawing closer. “Tell death to suck a sea urchin! Extra time nothing…! You shouldn’t have left us in the first place!” Rivin paused, close enough to Pyralis to reach out and touch her… yet… you couldn’t touch a ghost, could you? She looked more like colored air than an actual wolf…

“I’ve been surviving. I took what you said to heart but… tearing apart prey isn’t enough anymore.” She admitted. “Not that dad has trained me any… He’s too busy doing.. whatever.” She looked away, towards the ocean. “He’s one of the Most Unholy Sins now…” Her voice got quiet for a moment. “So I’ve been acquiring means to get better on my own. I’ve got a dagger, some leg wraps… A pretty kickass wolverine and a loyal bobcat that come with me…” There was a cold feeling washing over her. Rivin sighed deeply, glancing back at Pyr, seeing her wound. The bloodied mess that had been her throat.

“I hate you were taken from us…” Rivin told her. “I know a pirate doesn’t walk a path favorable to all, but you lived your life better than any wolf I’d ever met. We didn’t have a lot of interaction, but those we did were meaningful.” Rivin furrowed her brow. “You sure we can’t bargain with death to keep you here…?” This time the fight in her voice wavered. “You can feel it, Pyralis… the Plunder isn’t the same… it’s quiet… feels wrong.” Even with the first yearling raid, the raid for those born the same season as herself on the way… it still felt… off.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
05-06-2023, 12:25 PM

Pyralis remained still as Rivin reached out and tried to touch her, the paw simply passing through. The girl went on to explain that tearing prey apart wasn't enough any more and that her father was being basically useless. Useless enough to get promoted. "Well, if that isn't the way it goes. Is Ignis our Sloth now? Sounds like he's having trouble getting off his ass." She chuckled. "That's good that you're learning what you can on your own. If you want, while I'm here, I could try to give you a lesson but it isn't quite the same as real practice. It might be best to try and find another tutor. Hog tie one of the adults. Keep them on their toes!"

“I know a pirate doesn’t walk a path favorable to all, but you lived your life better than any wolf I’d ever met."

"I appreciate that." She really did. Pyralis didn't often get meaningful comments and meant something to her that she'd made a lasting impression. Rivin asked if she couldn't bargain more with death and Pyr shook her head. "I haven't had much of a say in anything so far. Not that I can remember, but no… no… we all have the time we're given. My body was old and failing me. I was in pain daily. There's no pain in this state. Though I do admit I miss the feeling of the breeze and the smell of the ocean air."

Rivin mentioned that the Plunder wasn't the same since she'd left. Ahh, yes, she kind of got that feeling and was surprised for it. She'd assumed the pirates would have a big party and just carry on as if nothing had happened. However, she suspected there was more in play than just her death. "Yes, well, that is unfortunate. However, from what I've seen you and the other yearlings are making quite a mark. Soon enough you'll be the leading ranks in the Plunder and you can make it as you want it to be."

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy

06-04-2023, 09:52 PM

At least talking with Pyralis could still make her smile. The corners of her lips turned up a little at the older woman’s remark and she chuckled softly. She wasn’t quite sure that was it, but it would be amusing if that was the case. She was praising Riv for learning on her own too. Her green gaze lit up at the thought of Pyralis teaching her but she was right, it wouldn’t be the same as a true lesson. Pyr lived with a paw between worlds, and there was no telling how much time she had left. Despite that she still brought up a good point. Maybe she needed to stop trying to rely on her father and instead think about seeking mentorship from one of the other adults. Maybe even Gil… hmm…

Unfortunately though Pyralis would not be able to get more time here. Rivin’s ears fell a little at that. She hated that she couldn’t give the old wolf a new body, but hearing she was in pain daily was something Rivin hadn’t known. Pyralis had been tough, able to push through that pain. She was truly the sort of woman Rivin wanted to be as she aged, someone that enjoyed life to the fullest, and didn’t care what others thought of her actions. So long as she had those of the pirates by her side, right? Or… a flicker of doubt within Rivin asked the question. Was she really meant to be a pirate? Would she continue to be happy here? No, nevermind what she wanted. She let her gaze shift to the ocean for a moment, smiling sadly.

“Those things have never changed, thankfully. The air is still salty, and the breeze still likes to play with our fur.” She let her gaze slide back to Pyr. “We’re definitely going to try to. I know I’m not going to be satisfied just sitting on my ass and becoming a sloth like dad.” This time her smile picked up into a grin. “I’m going to become strong, Pyralis, and when I do I’m going to make my own mark on this world. No idea how, or when, but it’s going to happen.” At least she was starting to feel better being able to talk with the older pirate like this.

“You said there is no pain now? Is it like that… where you go next? What is it like there?” She was curious, and wondered if it was something that Pyr would even be able to answer.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.