size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-26-2023, 07:57 PM

Several days had past since Elysium's attempted raid of Valta and she had spent that time busying herself with checking on the wolves that had participated in the event and taking inventory of how everyone had done. As always, it was far easier to consume herself in her work than it was to face anything than was to think about her personal life, but she could only run from that for so long. The last wolf she had to speak with and check on was Albion. She didn't doubt that he would notice her avoidance of him over the last several days since the day before the raid and part of her almost wished she had spoken to him first so that this awkward tension wouldn't have had a chance to build. Alas, she hadn't done that and now she had to face the music one way or another.

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Avacyn stepped out past the tree line as she approached the cave that she knew Albion shared with his siblings. "Albion? Are you home?" she called as she drew close, not wanting to intrude on the rest of his family, but needing to know if he was here or if she was going to have to go looking for him elsewhere. She didn't immediately spot his large, pale form, but he very well could have been further back in the cave where she couldn't quite see him without stepping into the cave. Her claws flexed nervously though the grass as she waited for a few beats, looking for the male that was supposed to be her betrothed.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Albion

Obscura
Viceroy

Master Fighter (265)

Expert Intellectual (150)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6

OverachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
04-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Albion had indeed noticed Avacyn’s absence from him; he didn’t get the sense she was avoiding him until a couple of days passed. He had seen her briefly visit his siblings, and was beginning to wonder if head done something to displease her during the raid. He couldn’t really figure anything out though, he’d bested both of his opponents. He’d done very well in the raid, surely that wasn’t the reason he hadn’t seen her.

When he tried to do the opposite and meet with her, she was rushed and busied, too much so that he couldn’t even assist her. So he’d taken a hint and lingered in Scylla’s presence. He was alone right now, all of his siblings managed to wander off for their daily activities and he was left alone here. He took the opportunity to take a nap on his own in the quiet, but even then he was disturbed.

He opened an eye at the sound of pawsteps approaching, surprised to find Avacyn outside the den calling for her. "Yes,” he muttered sleepily as he shook himself then brought himself to his paws so he could meet her outside. "What can I do for you?” He asked easily with a simple tilt of his head.

"Albion Baskara Klien"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

04-05-2023, 01:41 PM

Once Albion gave her a response to confirm his presence she stepped a bit closer, realizing now as he walked out of the den that he was alone, but she still would have rather been safe than sorry in the end. Her obsidian gaze lingered on him as he came out to meet her, a little smile tugging at her lips until she remembered why she was here in the first place as he questioned what he could do for her. She glanced down at the ground between them with a flick of her white-marked ears flicking uncertainly. Around most wolves she was good at keeping her composure, following in her mother's footsteps when it came to maintaining a certain appearance to the outside world, but around Albion and Saracyn it was nearly impossible. She was sure that was some testament to how comfortable she was with each of them or how much she cared for them, but in this instance it was slightly unfortunate.

"We need to talk," she told him, not wanting to drag this out, but not really wanting to get to the point either. There was a heaviness and a tightness on her chest from how much she did not want to do this, but she knew she had to. She settled on her haunches, her tail curling around her haunches while still avoiding his gaze. "I... I have to break off our engagement," she told him quietly, her ears pinned back against her head. "I really, truly have enjoyed our time together and care about you very much, but... I've come to care about you too much. I want to be able to give you a real relationship and trying to split my devotion has become too difficult and will only become more messy as time goes on. I... I can't risk hurting you or Saracyn any more."

She finally managed to bring her inky gaze up to Albion, her expression heavy with remorse and guilt. "I'm sorry for putting you through this. I was trying too hard to have everything and trying desperately to still live up to the expectations of my family's laws, but... I just can't. It's nothing you did. You have been wonderful to me and I can't thank you enough for that. I wish things could have gone differently... but I can't live without Saracyn and I can't keep hurting him with my affection for you. You need someone that can give you the devotion you deserve and I can't be that for you."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Albion

Obscura
Viceroy

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6

04-21-2023, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2023, 04:14 PM by Albion. Edited 2 times in total.)
He was barely out of the den before he realized that there was something wrong as the little smile faded from her features and Avacyn averted her gaze from his. Complete opposites, her dark pelt and midnight eyes versus his glassy blue gaze and stark white fur. His caramel tipped ears fell back against his skull as he tilted his head slightly as she began. Muttering their need to talk. He couldn’t agree more, especially after she had been actively avoiding him.

Ava took a long moment to gather up her thoughts, the reluctance was real and she kept him in suspense. When she did speak his mouth fell open. Albion shouldn’t have been so surprised really, not when she had been so off with him since the raid. He was quiet as she went through the reasons for her words, there were lots of buts and contradictions but he didn’t interrupt her.

He let silence fall over them again as her voice trailed off, closing his mouth as he formulated his answer. Albion had given her his life, and now she was tossing him aside because she cared too much. The royal Klein barely kept from rolling his eyes. "Do not presume to know what I need Avacyn, not after all of that.” She was more like Saracyn than he had realized, so quick to throw away her family’s traditions and laws for her own personal selfishness.

Albion sighed heavily as he leaned back onto his haunches, reluctant to chastise or criticize the girl that he had developed feelings for. Even though he could have easily given her an earful. The root of this was of course Saracyn and his insecurity, well at least he had the satisfaction of knowing he had gotten deep under the red marked brute’s skin. "So, what now?”

"Albion Baskara Klien"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

04-29-2023, 09:47 PM

Avacyn winced a bit at Albion's biting remark over presuming what he needed. She certainly hadn't expected him to take her decision well or without some sort of anger so if that was the worst that she was given then she could accept it. He had every right to berate her for her choice and she would have taken it without complaint, but instead he sat back on his haunches and they lapsed into uneasy silence. She was't sure if this was better or worse and it only allowed her own guilt and regret to fester without any heated anger to distract from the ache. He questioned what was next and Avacyn could only give a small shake of her head with a slight shrug. "That's up to you," she replied quietly. "If you want to leave you're free to do so. I can't expect you to stay here when I am the one breaking our promise. If your siblings want to follow you I will not stop them."

She hesitated because of all of the selfishness she had showed today this was perhaps the most selfish of it all, but she couldn't help but make the offer. "But, if you still wish to stay for any reason... I can promise you and your siblings places of importance in Elysium's ranks... for whatever that is worth. I'm going to be taking the rank of Matriarch at the turn of the season and even though I certainly do not deserve your loyalty after all of this I do still care about you and I do value your opinions and view of the world. I could use your help and your advice." She glanced up at him briefly before her gaze fell back to the ground between them, her white-tipped ears folding back against her head as she waited for his response, waiting to see if this was the final goodbye or if she could begin picking up the pieces of what was left into a friendship instead of a romance.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Albion

Obscura
Viceroy

Master Fighter (265)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6

05-23-2023, 06:35 AM
Albion was not swift to anger, he had the patience of a saint and the logic to dodge any insult. This situation was no insult though, Avacyn was relieving him of his vow just as he was beginning to get comfortable in his place by her side. He wondered what kind of degradation to the family her decision would cause but really it was none of his business. He steeled his cold heart as he confronted her, not really expecting a good answer from the soon to be matriarch. She would give him and the rest of his Klein siblings freedom if that was what he wished, and Albi almost stood and left at that moment but Ava was not finished speaking.

The massive white brite gave pause as she went on almost timidly. With less confidence than he had ever seen in the princess before. What a shame she could be so vulnerable with him and yet still chose the inferiority of her brother. Avacyn, the high born Mendacium, humbled herself before the Klein prince as she made her plea. Say and help her despite what she was putting him through. His affection for her begged him to speak up swiftly, to give his knee jerk reaction now, but the logical part stopped him.

"Give me time to think and speak to my kin." He worried that his loyalty was too true and that he would speak only upon that desire and not his own. "You have not made this easy."

"Albion Baskara Klien"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

05-23-2023, 03:17 PM

If Albion had simply walked away from her or immidiately denied her offer she would not have blamed him. In a way she felt like that was what she deserved. Instead, there was a pause and in his infinite patience told her to give him time to speak with his family. She understood that this was not an easy request she had made, especially not after what she had just taken away, so the least she could do was give him as much time as he needed to decide how he wanted to handle this arrangement. "Of course," she agreed readily, giving him a small nod. "Thank you for at least considering it. I... I do hope you choose to stay, but if not I do understand." Avacyn got to her paws then, dipping her head as she excused herself and turned to leave. She wished in so many ways that all of this could have played out differently, but that was no longer an option. She had chosen her path for better or for worse and now she had to take the consequences that went with it.

- exit -

"Avacyn Medacium"