size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-04-2023, 03:05 PM

As had become his routine whenever he came all the way up to the Armada, Artorias set aside some time to connect with Sirius, to check in on his father-in-law and see how he and the rest of the Fatalis family were doing. Being on veritable opposite ends of the world made visiting a bit of a challenge, but for family there was nothing Artorias wouldn't do. So after everyone had gotten comfortably acclimated to the party, the Aegis found his Warlord counterpart and gave him the wordless look asking him to speak in private. It wasn’t urgent or critical, but he did want to know how his father-in-law was faring in the wake of… well, everything.

The soft black sand crunched beneath his giant paws, squishing between toe beans in a pleasant manner. The sound of the sea was calming, one of Artorias' favorite sounds, though he had to admit he had a predilection for the warmer coast of his home than the chillier climate of northern Boreas. As he waited, Artorias stood by the very edge of where the cool ocean water lapped at the grainy earth, gazing back and forth from the crowd of wolves gathered at the party and then out over the arctic sea while it sparkled underneath the late spring sun. A gorgeous sight...

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-04-2023, 04:37 PM
As Artorias caught his eye, the Warlord smiled and excused himself from the wolves around him. He followed after his Son in law and was struck -and not for the first time- that Resins son was not a child anymore. In truth, he hadn't been for some time now. Instead, he was the Warlord equal and a stable ruler in a world where leadership seemed to rise and fall so easily. More than that, Art was his friend and someone who understood the similar lose and burdens that they had both suffered through.

He followed after Art, heading to the waters edge, in a section that stood to the outskirts of the party. The noise of conversation, and children could still easily be heard. But a little muted, background ambience to the two leaders. "Artorias" he said warmly as he came to a stop. He leaned into the other wolfs side for a moment in an embrace then straightened again. "Thank you for making the journey, I'm glad your here" he said.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
05-04-2023, 04:52 PM

Sirius did not keep him waiting long before he separated from the party to come join him in private discussion. Artorias greeted his father-in-law with a warm smile and leaned back into the other dire man's side, embracing him with a familial love he was happy to receive from the elder brute. "Wouldn't have missed it for anything," he remarked with an easy smile to the saber-fanged wolf. A soft sigh slipped past the Aegis' lips as he looked out at the party, specifically the Fatalis yearlings of the hour and his near-yearling children interacting with them. "Hard to believe it's been a year already. I remember seeing them when they were just little nuggets, and now look at them... My own too. Where has the time gone?" A wistful chuckle rumbled in Artorias' chest and he gave a disbelieving shake of his head. His amber gaze turned to Sirius then, giving the Warlord a once over to see how he was faring. "How have you been, Seer? You look well. Or you've been eating, at least." Another gentle chuckle from Art; he couldn't help ribbing his friend and peer a little bit while he had the rare opportunity to do so.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-04-2023, 05:00 PM
Sirius followed Art's gaze, but own expression showed a hint of pain.  "They are the last pieces of Zee I will ever hold." He said. He could say her name now, he pulled on the wound so often that the edges of the pain had dulled from wear. But he did not believe the pain would ever truly leave. "I have to be careful I don't hold them too tightly. Briar told you that Andy and Kite are heading to Auster next season?" He was sure the kids really had asked Briar, but here was a chance to see what Art thought of it, as well.

At Art ribbing he gave a wry chuckle. "I've had no choice, I'm being well fed" he admitted. His eyes moved back over the darkening ocean. He considered his thoughts for a moment before speaking. He didn't wholly trust this new idea that had bloomed in his heart, but perhaps speaking it to someone he trusted might help. "I think they all must be feeling Zees absence today. I think if I ever found another, they would not take easily to the idea."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

05-04-2023, 06:08 PM

Artorias saw the pain lingering in Sirius' eyes as he regarded his own children from afar. The last pieces of Zee he had. The Aegis' lips pulled into a fine line as he realized the risky territory he was treading with the heartbroken Warlord right now. But this was not Art's first rodeo with grief, either his own or the Fatalis patriarch's. "Not the last," Artorias corrected Seer gently, gesturing with a paw over to Briar and Gossamer. "You have so many pieces of her here, just in different forms. They're pieces of you too, you know. And they're all strong and resilient, just like their father. She'd be proud of who they have all become." Artorias offered Seer a reassuring smile from his side. Zee would never be truly gone so long as her family lived on, and Seer would never truly lose her. The next statement Sirius made surprised Art with his self-awareness of how he was. Sirius was making surprising strides in his own development from the overly possessive Warlord he had known when he was a pup. "It's okay to hold on to the things you love. Just be careful not to smother them. Keep them close, but let them grow. A flower can't thrive in the shade."

Sirius made mention of Kite and Andy's visit coming up, and Artorias nodded in reply. "She mentioned it to me, yes. They're always welcome to come visit, as are any of you. We're all family," he replied with the usual warmth in his voice you'd expect from speaking with the Aegis. "Don't worry, old man, I'll look after them for you." Artorias shot Seer a cheeky grin and nudged his father-in-law and friend's shoulder, but he was far more interested in the next part of the dire brute's words. He was being kept well fed? Was someone forcing him to take care of himself? Art raised a curious brow, even more intrigued by the Warlord's enigmatic comment. His children wouldn’t take to another if he found someone.

"Maybe… Maybe not… It’s not really something you can do anything about though," Artorias pointed out. "When Resin died, Mom was so torn up that she couldn’t even look at another wolf. The thought of her with someone else upset me so much. I couldn’t accept the idea of anyone else besides Resin being romantically with her. But as we all grieved and time passed, I realized that I didn’t want to see her sad and alone for the rest of her life. She deserved happiness and love, and when she found it, yeah it hurt, but I had to remember that she didn’t die with Resin. She could still live, and living for herself didn’t mean she was disrespecting Resin or forgetting her. She was just living her life, and that was okay. If it comes naturally for all the right reasons and you take your time and don’t rush into a major decision out of pain and loss, you’re still allowed to feel alive." Artorias didn’t know if any of this was helpful to Seer, but he hoped maybe the stubborn Warlord could take a nugget of advice from the lessons the younger wolf had learned.

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-04-2023, 06:19 PM
Artorias showed the wisdom born of his own experiences in leadership and growth he had gone through. The Warlord felt himself smiling as his son in law spoke of his other children and the strength each carried. "They are our legacy" he agreed. He had come from nothing, but together he and Zee had created so much. She had deserved to live to old age, bouncing grandchildren on her lap. "That's the balance I know I must find. The reason I'm allowing those rascals the long trip to the Hallows." He said, his expression fond. He ignored the ache in his chest, familiar with the feel of it. 

He gave Art his full attention as the wolf spoke of Resin. He had somehow forgotten - but Art had seen this very scenario from the eyes of the child. His insight was invaluable. "Thank you, Art. I appreciate your view. I would hate to cause them any new pain. I don't know if I ever could take another as I did Zee, certainly it's too early. I know I haven't gotten past the grief yet. But someone recently has made me think it might be worth the pain of trying. Just… not yet."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

05-15-2023, 10:02 PM

The expression on Sirius' face, despite his best attempts to remain placid and measured, was one Artorias had seen before. He knew the Fatalis man was still grieving—who wouldn't be at the loss of their lifelong mate?—and did his best to hide his pain, but the keen eyes of Artorias saw the real Seer within. Sirius spoke of finding his balance, a lesson the elder wolf had taught the Aegis a long time ago. Artorias fixed Seer with a reassuring smile, confidence and support reflected in his demeanor and his visage. "I'll look after them while they're in my care," he promised his father-in-law, even going so far as to give Seer a teasing tap on the paw for dramatic reassurance. "Besides, they'll be back home with you before you know it." It was just a little trip, after all. Not like Andromeda and Kyanite were leaving home forever.

The Warlord's next few statements truly caught Artorias' attention, black ears perking and fire opal eyes turning to regard Seer with a look of surprise and intrigue. So a new lady had caught the fancy of the Warlord, eh? A little knowing smirk pulled at the corner of Artorias' lips and he chuckled under his breath. It was impossible to even consider what he'd do if he were in Sirius' position, but he couldn't help but wonder if he would ever be able to take another fae if something ever happened to Briar... "Well, she must be one hell of a lady to catch your eye like that," remarked Art with another chuckle, snickering like a giddy pup that had just learned some big secret. "I'm sure you'll make the right calls for the time, Seer. Just remember to take your time and do things at your pace. Life isn't a race, it's a journey." He peered over to the other dire wolf and nudged his shoulder gently, practically grinning to himself while asking, "...But I still gotta hear all about this woman. C'mon, spill it! Who is she?"

One big happy family