gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
05-04-2023, 06:50 AM
The Hallows, despite being on another continent, was Ashen’s closest ally and she found no problem making her way south to meet with Artorias. The trip wouldn’t take very long, not like making it all the way up North to see Sirius and the Armada. Having the alone time was an unexpected bonus to the trip. The pups were getting older, and she knew Maverick would have no trouble keeping them in line while she was gone. However tempted she was to bring them along. Everything would go quicker alone.

She approached the border that evening, trying to keep Artorias’ schedule in mind when she met with him. Venom leaned back onto her haunches there at the border and called out for the Hallowed Aegis, not intending to take up much of the Carpathians time tonight.

"Venom"

[Image: ven-sig.png]

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-04-2023, 03:04 PM

With the turn of the season into Auster’s winter, Artorias had been quite… busy with his wife being in heat and his pups turning to yearlings. Keeping his mate satisfied while also running a pack was a full time job in of itself, but it was a job the Carpathian male was all too happy to perform. Still, between the hectic span of a year, it had not permitted the Aegis much time to travel or visit with other packs, something he was sorely sorry for. He needed to make a trip to go visit his friends in Ashen and Elysium again, sooner rather than later. He had heard the news of Venom’s newest pups’ birth, but had regrettably not been to see her or her latest munchkins yet. With another Carpathius litter in the works, perhaps now would be the ideal time for the Hallows and Ashen to bond closer with mutual puppy friendships.

It was early evening while Artorias was getting cleaned up from his latest romp with Briar when a very familiar voice gave a call for him from his borders. Talk about perfect timing! Venom’s presence brought a wide smile to Art’s face and he hurried out of the baths and shook himself dry before loping off through the gardens and out past Hearthstone’s walls. The Klein monarch’s regal form brightened Artorias’ expression visibly, and the Aegis was swift to approach and greet the Empress with a warm embrace, pulling the smaller alpha into a hug with little regard for decorum. Manners be damned, he was so glad to see his friend again! "Welcome back, Venom! I hear congratulations are in order to you and your mate," he said with a toothy smile, amber eyes a gleam with enthusiasm. "I owe you an apology for not coming to see you or the pups sooner. I trust they are all healthy and well?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
05-11-2023, 07:22 AM
Venom let loose her call and settled down to wait, though she knew that Artorias would not be one to leave her alone for very long. When he did appear his coat was looking quite clean as if she had interrupted his bath but his big grin would not reveal the same assumption. Too long had passed since they had seen each other, but she had been busy with new pups. Undoubtedly Artorias was just as occupied since she had not heard from him.

The Empress returned his warm expression as he made his way to meet her, as always it was a pleasure to be in the Carpathian’s presence. She didn’t expect the sudden affection, as she had never been particularly touchy feely, but gave in to Art’s warm embrace and returned it with her own. "Thank you, Artorias.” She replied softly as he pulled away and gave his congratulations for her most recent litter. "It’s always a pleasure to be back. No need to apologize though, I know how demanding your job is.” She chuckled softly. "All healthy and rambunctious. They take heavily after their father.” She added.

"Though my newest litter is not the reason I’ve come to visit this time.” They were quite close as far as neighbors went, but they didn’t take advantage of that fact enough. "My daughter, Princess Kiyohime, is due ot be wed.” Venom began. "I would like to invite you and your family to join us for the ceremony and celebration.”

"Venom"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
05-15-2023, 06:55 PM

Venom returned Artorias' friendly embrace, though she still conducted herself with far more decorum and grace than the Aegis did. The Empress forgave him for not staying as in touch as he would have liked, correctly assuming that his job had been keeping his time occupied. "As does yours, Empress. Though fatherhood and keeping my brood alive tends to take up most of my time these days," he remarked with a knowing smirk. He didn't know if Venom had heard the news of his first litter's birth or not, though she had been busy with her own little nuggets from the sound of it. Artorias did not know Venom's new mate very well, though anyone who kept his friend happy and loved was a good one in his books. "That's excellent to hear! I'm sure you both have your paws full then."

Venom went on to explain that her newest puppies were not the reason for her visit this time, taking Artorias by surprise. The announcement of Venom's daughter and heir to be wed brought a brightness to the Aegis' eyes and his smile grew even wider. The giant wolf did so love a good wedding! "We would be honored to attend! Gods, are they really old enough to be getting married already? Jeez, that time flew by." Artorias let out a wistful sigh, recounting the last time he had seen Venom's first litter three years ago at the Ashen summer tournament, when he'd been but a yearling. Now they were all grown up and getting married! Art's tail was wagging entirely involuntarily in the grass, he was so happy for Venom and her daughter. "When and where is the wedding taking place? Do you need anything from the Hallows for preparations?" The Hallows was of course well known for its wines, and Artorias was happy to help his good friend and her family in any way he could.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

05-18-2023, 06:05 PM
Artorias wasn’t so much younger than her but it was moments like this that made her feel like he was. The Aegis was like a little brother to her, and even though there was no blood relation at all the familial bond was strong. Ashen and the Hallows would be steadfast friends and allies for as long as they lived. "I certainly understand that,” she commented with a grin as they released each other and became more comfortable for their talk. "As do you, being a new dad isn’t an easy task.” And Venom had her experience with bad fathers. Artorias of which was not one of them.

She went on to invite him to the wedding coming up, and after the initial surprise of her words Artorias was quick to accept her invitation. "They’re not quite a year younger than you are, dear friend.” Venom chuckled at him good naturedly as he went on to ask about the place and time. "The date is yet to be determined, but in the coming season. We have no need of supplies, but you are free to bring whatever you wish and perhaps a gift for the newlyweds.” Venom grinned at him.

"Venom"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

05-31-2023, 08:25 PM

Venom reminded Artorias that her eldest were not more than a year younger than he was, and the Aegis glanced over to the Empress, still taken aback by just how close all the years had been. Leadership and fatherhood made the male feel older than he really was—or perhaps that was the way life had treated him. It also meant Venom was not that much older than he was, given she appeared very close in age to himself, or maybe that was all the noble pedigree in her genetics. Artorias had never been very good at gauging the ages of other wolves. To his offer of providing supplies for the wedding, Venom graciously reassured him that Ashen had everything handled, but welcomed him to bring a gift for the bride and groom.

"But of course! You and your family brought such lovely gifts to mine and Briar’s wedding, now we get to return the generosity!" remarked the sapphire-furred brute with a delighted grin back to her. "You can count on my family’s attendance. We’d be honored to help celebrate your daughter’s love and marriage." Artorias would have to share the exciting news with Briar; she did so love parties and special occasions! And he’d have to make sure that all of his attending children were on their best behavior.

One big happy family

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

06-05-2023, 05:58 AM
Venom was not incredibly old in years, just now reaching middle age, but her life had been anything but easy and her childhood had been ripped away from her far too soon. So she had become wise beyond her years. She wasn’t so much older than Artorias, but their beginnings were quite different.

Artorias accepted her invitation with humble grace, remembering the gift that she had brought to his own wedding to Briar. Venom grinned and gave him a respectful nod, so grateful to have allies such as Artorias and the Hallows behind him. "I think bringing all the children together will be good for them,” She chuckled lightly. Having so many guests to Ashen had already helped her own young ones to begin to develop relationships with the young wolves of the next generation.

"Venom"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

06-05-2023, 01:33 PM

Venom smiled, showing a genuine happiness that Artorias was so grateful to see in his close friend once more. Seeing the Empress rise to what she had become in the wake of the tragedy of her first marriage had been nothing short of an awe-inspiring story, one the Aegis would forever be thankful to the man she had found love with. As they talked, Venom mentioned bringing their children all together, and Artorias’ eyes lit up at the idea. His eldest would be well into their adolescence by then, but if he and Briar had any day in the matter, there would be a new litter of young Carpathians for Venom’s brood to mingle with. "Thats a great idea! By then, Briar and I will likely have a fresh litter for your youngest to play with and get to know one another." A hearty chuckle rumbled in the dire brute’s chest as he added, "Who knows, maybe one day we’ll be seeing a Carpathius-Klein wedding if they get along well enough!" It was said with humor, but there was always a bit of serious possibility in that idea. The Hallows and Ashen were close allies already, and the Carpathians and Klein shared common ideals. A marriage or two between the two families would only tighten those bonds and bring the two packs even closer together.

One big happy family

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

06-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Venom’s life had changed a lot, more than many experienced in their lives. She was an Empress though, and she had responsibilities and duties that most wolves never would. Born into a life of hardships she never really expected to find happiness like she had now. Nor did she believe that she deserved it, but Maverick would never let her admit that.

Artorias took well to her suggestion that their children would certainly enjoy the ability to socialize together. His eldest and her second were somewhat close in age, but she couldn’t help but feel excitement about the puppies to be that he would be bringing along. There were few wolves that didn’t love puppies and she was certainly one of them. He joked just a little about the possibility of wedding some of his own to hers and Venom chuckled.

"If we’re lucky, perhaps we will.” She did wish to strengthen the ties of their packs for long after she was gone, and blood was one of the strongest ties they could form.

"Venom"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-01-2023, 07:08 PM

Venom seemed to share his enthusiasm for the idea of a potential future wedding helping to bind their packs and families together for generations to come, and while this was merely pleasant banter between two friends and peers, the Carpathian man couldn't help but begin to plot ahead for what the future might hold. Of course, life had a way of directing itself, but he couldn't deny the notion that seeing their noble families united through blood would strengthen the already resolute foundation they shared. Ah, but that was ages to come still! It was still fun to think about though.

"Who else should we expect to see at this wedding?" asked the prudent Aegis, turning a curious look to the Empress. It was a subtle way of asking if certain koi-colored wolves would be in attendance. Artorias held no blood feud against Hattori or his pack, but he knew there was no love left between Venom and her ex-husband. All the same, Hattori was Princess Ike's biological father. Would he be walking her down the aisle on the day of? Would Venom even be extending him an invitation? Would a brawl break out between Venom's former and current husbands? Though Artorias doubted such things would occur, he could not deny it was kind of exciting to think of, and if he needed to prepare for the possibility of violence along with the nuptials.

One big happy family

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

08-07-2023, 08:24 AM
Venom was unafraid of a betrothal, but she was also much more partial to allowing her children to follow their hearts. As was evidenced by the differences in Ikigai and Shuriken’s marriages. Iki wanted to help her family and her heart accepted the duty of marrying one that she had not first fallen in love with. While her late bloomer Ike had found a wonderful friend and confidant first. She knew Artorias would lean the same as she did, maybe they could make introductions and hope that a gentle nudge might lead them in the right direction.

Artorias went on to ask about the current guest list for the royal wedding. "All of Ashen’s allies,” Venom replied easy enough as she gave a short pause as she struggled with herself. "After I’ve left you though, I’m in debate if I should extend an invitation to Hattori. After all, Princess Kiyohime is his daughter. Or was...” Venom looked away from the Aegis as she continued to grapple with her decision internally.

"Venom"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-16-2023, 08:57 PM

As he had suspected, Venom confirmed that all of Ashen's allies and the Klein family would be in attendance, though she was debating about extending the invitation to Hattori. Artorias cocked his head curiously while the Empress looked away and gave a subtle expression of why she did and did not want to invite the koi brute. He was Ike's father. Was. In the time since their separation, Art had wondered how often Hattori had seen or kept in touch with his children. Venom's cold disposition toward him in her response answered that question for him. Hattori had not remained present in their children's lives. A frown tugged at Artorias' lips. He had grown up without a father, and after becoming a father himself he simply could not fathom how any man would willingly choose to forsake the relationships they got to make with their children.

The dire brute breathed a pensive hum while he considered Venom's situation. "Hattori does have a way of complicating things..." he murmured in agreement. "I suppose what it comes down to is, what would make Kiyohime happy? Would she be happier if her father attended or was excluded?" Artorias did not know the relationship or feelings Ike held towards her estranged father. What he did know was that the wedding day was a celebration of Ike and her betrothed, and so it was a day for them. They got the final says. "Perhaps the most tactful approach would be to offer him an invitation as a guest only, not as a part of the ceremony, and let him make that decision. That would send a message that his presence is accepted, but he's not being invited back into the family."

One big happy family

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

08-20-2023, 03:51 PM
She was certain that Artorias wouldn’t miss how uncomfortable she was in speaking about Hattori. Venom had gotten over the once Shinobi and had long since accepted that his leaving led to the happiness she possessed now. However that did little to assuage the pain that the man had caused their children in just up and leaving them. Never to return or show his interest again.

Of course Art would lend what wisdom he could, which however much Venom appreciated the thoughts had all rushed through her mind at one point or another on her trip. "I believe the Princess would appreciate seeing him there on her big day.” Venom returned easily before the Aegis went on, saying exactly what she had intended to do. "Yes, I don’t believe he deserves any kind of revered position within the ceremony, but he deserves the chance to show his support. If there is any left.”

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. join the festivities Amron's Castle 06:50 AM, 05-04-2023 06:51 AM, 11-07-2023