Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
04-20-2023, 06:59 AM

Audra enjoyed wandering around Auster more than anything. While the castle was wonderful and she would never complain, she would have to admit she preferred the quiet wanderlust of adventuring. As she had left that morning with Gloom tucked neatly away to slumber, the sun had barely begun to rise over the horizon. Taking only a small snack and basic supplies in her pouch, she and Mack had left with the intention of returning by early afternoon. They had passed through the Aspen Dam area once before but had yet to really see the place in all its wonder.

A chilly breeze would give away that winter was on its way as it ruffled her coat. Forever thankful that Auster winters were mild compared to Boreas, the petite fae continued on. Even as storm clouds began to roll in off the coast, she pressed further until the wide river came into view. Aspens stood tall and spindly around her in the grove as the flood grass plain seemed more flooded than usual. Along the river, water spilled over the banks as multiple beaver dams choked the flow. Had no one been hunting here since Fenmyre left? Her head tilts to the side as she approaches the river for a drink of water.

explore new land (Aspen Dam) - 1/3

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Dunstan

Loner

Novice Hunter (15)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
05-14-2023, 08:32 PM
Dunstan was still new to the land he had recently come to occupy, and as such he was on edge about nearly everything. On his way down to the creek he'd found earlier, a small bird had landed loudly in the branches and that had almost been enough to send Dunstan running. Still, water was water, and with the amount of beaver dams that he had seen in the area, he was hoping he might be able to catch a meal. His stomach growled at the thought of it.

From the corner of his eye, he spotted someone else approaching and tensed. It wasn't often that he had to speak with anybody, and on the rare occasions that he did, there was always a chance it would be someone who saw him on a target. Not wishing to startle the other and accidentally start a fight, Dunstan cleared his throat. "Ahem. Er...greetings."

It came out a touch more high-pitched with nerves than Dunstan would've liked, but hey, it was a start.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

05-19-2023, 01:09 PM

Her head lifts with rivulets of water streaming from her lips. With her thirst satiated, Audra was intent to continue exploring and dig a little deeper into why the dams had multiplied since she last had been here. If the beaver population was indeed getting out of control, she might run it by Artorias to have some hunters out here to help the issue. Plus their fur made for some nice blankets. Letting out a quiet hum as her thoughts rolled around in her head, she paused as the wind shifted to pass by her.

It was not a moment before she turned to see the male approach that he was speaking. Audra was also a timid wolf that found it hard to initially socialize with others so when she took a step away, it was more out of being startled than anything else. Her good eye blinks a few times as she looks the stranger over. He is about her size, but far skinnier and grey in color in contrast to her earthen hues. When she notices that he is just as nervous as she, she smiles and steps closer to him.

“G-greetings, I-I’m Audra,” she introduces herself as her tail swishes softly behind. Both ears flicker forward and then back. She can hear her bobcat companion lingering in the nearby brush, ready to assist, but not wanting to intrude. He was more antisocial than any animal she’d ever met. “I-I haven’t s-seen you before. A-are y-you new to th-the area?” Audra’s stutter gives away her nervousness as she tries to keep the timid smile on her face. The stutter had been a thing since she was a pup and there were only a few wolves in which she was comfortable speaking normally with.

Dunstan

Loner

Novice Hunter (15)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
05-20-2023, 07:49 PM
Well, his greeting was not met with an immediate charge and snapping of jaws, so this was a win in Dunstan's eyes. The smile is an added bonus, as he sees it as more of a sign that he is not about to be attacked, and so he allows himself another moment to assess the stranger, who seems to be about his size. It's a bit of a comfort, as Dunstan knows a much larger opponent can be much more dangerous.

At last, he realizes that he himself can be seen as a danger. Perhaps that is why the other is stuttering? He hasn't meant to make anybody uncomfortable, well, not any wolf, anyways. He's certain the few geese that he's caught have found him to be the type of wolf to avoid, but then again, they were dinner and not worth thinking about now, except as a reminder that Dunstan is once again hungry. The sight of beaver dams had given him hope.

"Dunstan." he introduced himself, and then nodded, "I am. I, um, apologize if I'm intruding"

He has never really understood the purpose of territory, but now he wonders if he is being rude. Trespassing? He hopes not. Leaving a bad first impression is something he never wants to do.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

05-25-2023, 10:29 AM

Her smile is gentle as she gives a slight shake of her head. "Th-this is free land," she responds in kind. "A p-pleasure Dunstan," Audra continues before she turns her attention toward the river. As it overflowed and continued down the slope toward the cover not far off, she wondered again why no one was hunting the beavers. She wasn't a hunter but always noticed her surroundings as she traveled through the different lands. This aspen grove was beautiful now that she was genuinely looking at it instead of just traveling through it. The way the leaves fluttered to the ground as winter threatened along the coast. The bark from the trees turned ashy grey with age as the grass grew at its base.

After a few moments, she turns her attention back to him. Carefully angling her face so that her missing eye with its empty socket is not facing him, Audra studies him. "Are y-you a l-loner?" She inquires as her tail swishes in a friendly manner a few times. Shifting her weight to better adjust herself, she lowers her haunches so that she is sitting on the soft and slightly damp grass.

Dunstan

Loner

Novice Hunter (15)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
05-26-2023, 04:11 PM
Free land. That made sense--there wasn't a pervasive scent of any specific group, at least, not that Dunstan could pick up on, but his sense of smell was never his strong suit anyways. It was nice to confirm that he wasn't trespassing, and he nods as he considers this, looking at the surrounding land. It might be nice to take a break there every now and again, especially now that Dunstan knows it isn't claimed by any group yet.

"A loner?" The word feels unfamiliar on his tongue, much different from the way he usually describes himself, which is to say that he doesn't really think much about himself at all. He says it again, testing the way it feels. "A loner. Yes, I suppose so."

He pauses, allows himself to join her in sitting. For a few moments he looks around the land, ponders the surrounding area and looks at all there is. It is an interesting place, and he can't blame the other for visiting. It is quite nice, even with the cooling weather.

"And yourself? A loner as well, or something else?" Dunstan looks at her calmly. The way she asks makes him assume that she herself is not, though he has been wrong before, and will likely be wrong again. "Perhaps an explorer searching for a good meal, like myself?"

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

05-26-2023, 05:30 PM

Audra studies him for a moment. A few seconds pass before she realizes that he might not be from around here. Maybe he doesn’t know what a Loner is… Her one good eye squints as she thinks. Memories flow back to her to the time before she had washed upon Boreas. It was a terrible time and one she hated to remember, but it was one that might be similar to his own. She waits as he appears to be thinking as well and when his vocals die down, she nods.

“Ah, I-I am actually f-from the Hallows. I-It is a p-pack that l-lives in a c-castle off t-to the west,” she moves her chin to point in the direction in which she had come from. “A L-Loner is s-someone who do-does not belong t-to a pack,” her expression is warm and her own voice is soft and whispery like the wind shifting through willows. “Uhm, I h-h-ave not had t-to hunt f-for myself in a l-long time. Th-the hunters of m-my pack ensure everyone h-has enough to eat,” Audra is hesitant now as her eyes go over his frame once more.

“I-I d-don’t intend to b-be rude, b-but if you are h-hungry, I can t-take you to the c-castle and offer you a m-meal,” her one good eyes glistens in the afternoon light. It is an after effect from the Long Night that goes along with the slight glow of her purple tongue. Yes, she might be slightly more odd appearing now, but most did not treat her any differently. “You are w-welcome to say n-no, but I h-hate to s-see someone h-hungry,” there is hesitation and shame in her voice as she shuffles her paws.

Dunstan

Loner

Novice Hunter (15)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
05-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Dunstan listens thoughtfully. Unfamiliar with the name of the Hallows but recognizing it must be a pack helps him put things into context, though he was almost certain that castles were made up before she spoke the word. For a second, he glances at her, wondering if she is making fun of him, that the castles are a joke. However, she seems serious enough, and kind.

"Interesting." he says, simply at the description of The Hallows pack and loner. Trusting others to grab and hunt food not only for themselves, but for others as well? It sounds nice, but Dunstan's only experience with someone hunting food for him was with his mother. He finds himself looking into her eye, and then quickly looking away in case he upsets her.

He hesitates, not because she does not seem kind but because he worries about seeming overeager. Food sounds good, but at the same time he cannot bring himself to trust someone to bring him somewhere enclosed, where it sounds like there are many. Not at the moment, when they have only just met and he knows no one else in the pack.

"I...I cannot." Dunstan finally answers, hoping that his own distrust does not offend too much. As genuine as it seems, he is too wary right now. "Though I am grateful for your generosity, I would not want to...er, infringe too much."

He pauses. "Perhaps another time? If it makes you feel better about my hunger, we could hunt one of the beavers that clearly lives here?"

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

05-31-2023, 10:13 AM

Dunstan’s uncertainty is palpable. Audra can feel it as he takes a few moments to consider her offer. Had she overstepped? Her own ears fall abc for a moment as she hopes she had not offended him. Other may not understand but the Hallows was a sanctuary for anyone who needed it. They had taken her in, treated her as one of their own, and now she was one of the most revered members. Though she is slight in shape, she is important as everyone else was. Every member has their role and that allows the pack to function well and strive.

When he politely declines her offer, she nods in understanding. There had been a time that she would have felt the same. To not want to overstep, to not impede on other’s lives, she gets it. Instead, she smiles and looks over to the river where the beaver dams are abundant. “I c-can have m-my companion, Mack, h-help,” she offers gently as she looks from the dam to the grove of aspens behind her. Her singular eyed gaze looks up to the trees where the feline is lingering. Their eyes meet for a moment before the bobcat hops down and approaches, but keeps his distance. He does not want to make Dunstan uncomfortable.

“Mack is m-my companion that h-helps me s-see and protects m-me,” Audra smiles as she looks at Dunstan. “If y-you are n-not comfortable, he w-will go back to his p-perch,” there is a gentle laugh as she can feel the bobcat’s stare on her back. He is not very social, but more tolerable of others and prefers the comfort of the shadows.

Dunstan

Loner

Novice Hunter (15)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Riss
06-07-2023, 09:21 AM
Dunstan is glad that she seems understanding of his hesitance. Perhaps in time he will discover more about this pack that she thinks so highly of, but for now he is simply grateful to her for respecting his feelings. Being dragged somewhere he isn't yet comfortable isn't his idea of fun.

Mack? Dunstan immediately thinks of another wolf, perhaps a member of the Hallows she has just been speaking about. Seeing a bobcat appear seemingly out of nowhere, then, unsettles him. His tail swishes warily, but she seems to think that things are fine. Describes the creature in friendly terms, as a helper. A companion. Dunstan appreciates the distance, allows himself to get used to the presence of 'Mack.'

"I...I suppose he could help." Dunstan says, trying not to seem too uncomfortable. Any help would be useful, he thinks, and he shouldn't turn it down. He tries to seem more confident in his response, to appear as if he isn't concerned about the strange creature. Which, after a few seconds of realizing he is not about to be attacked, is easy.

"Shall we get started?"

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

06-28-2023, 02:00 PM

She notices his discomfort and wonders just how unused to others this Dunstan is. Was he like her and been deserted at a young age? Or did he even know his family? Why was he alone? The questions rattled off in her head as she watched him assess Mack’s presence. For a wolf, the feline’s appearance would indeed be unsettling. It wasn’t often the two species could work together, but Mack was different. He seemed to want to protect Audra as long as she was willing to help him when he needed it.

Her expression shifts as she sees his tail wag warily. Though he agrees that Mack can help, she knows that he isn’t so sure about that agreement. Maybe it is too much too fast. Audra feels bad then and she glances back at Mack. “He w-will only st-step in if he is n-needed,” she assures the boy when she looks back to him. “We c-can start. I-I’ll let y-you t-take the lead,” Audra says as she nods her nose toward the river full with beaver dams. Moving so that she is side by side with Dunstant, she waits his first move.