size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
07-24-2023, 04:14 PM
The pirates, from what she could gather, had quietly faded away, only to regather under new management. She would no longer have the dubious protection of Alarr's kinship with the former leader to give them a modicum of warning before being raided, for whatever good that had done them, so it would be wise to scout the new pack before they got too far along without any knowledge of them. For Alarr's sake, she would find out what she could of his cousin's fate as well, to give his mind some ease. Both Tam and Ren accompanied her this time, with Ayer twined around her neck and shoulders atop a bundle of fleece and honey. She felt cautious about offering any of the more inflammatory of her pack's wares before she knew if they could be trusted to hold their liquor. Pausing at the border, she lifted her head to howl a polite call for whoever had taken over leadership.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
07-31-2023, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2023, 09:05 AM by Gilgamesh. Edited 1 time in total.)
Gilgamesh busied himself with tidying up what he could of the isle. Thankfully the others in the pack had been helpful, but until the youngins were fully grown or they got some real muscle to help, moving the bigger things would have to wait. For now, the dilapidated building wasn't looking so... dilapidated anymore. Invasive vines had been removed for the time being, broken glass swept away, and any major debris taken down to the shore to be burnt. Not as homey as the ship, but he hoped one day it would be.

In the middle of pushing a large chunk of concrete out of a doorway, he paused at the sound of a call. Gil listened for a moment until his barn owl, Erish, fluttered in from an opening in the ceiling. "A female requests your attention. She came from the northwest," Erish's hooting vocals resolved his worries. This caller was not the first and she wouldn't be the last. Setting the piece off to the side as much as he could, Gil gave his coat a shake and made his way to the border. Having enough respect to not leave the mystery female waiting, the Raid King arrived promptly.

Stopping feet from the monochrome gal, he glanced at her, her companions, and her offering before speaking. "What service can I be of to you?" His rumbling tone is relaxed as he allows his own posture to remain loose and curious.

"speech"

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

08-07-2023, 11:39 PM
The big male who answered her call was relaxed and seemed, for the time, to be friendly, though given what she had understood about the pirates they had been she was sure that could change at any time. Still, she gave him a calm, polite smile of her own and dipped her head in greeting to him. She began briskly and to the point. "I am Corbie Silverwind, alpha to Avalon. I understand that you claimed what was Sparrow's Pirates? I've come to offer you samples of what Avalon could trade with your pack, if you are willing, and to... if I could... find out what happened to Sparrow herself to bring the pack to your leadership. I have some of her relations among my pack members, and they would rest easier knowing her fate."

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
08-17-2023, 11:38 AM

Her polite mannerisms are noticeable and Gilgamesh secretly appreciates it. While he is typically a nuisance to most, he knows how to be civil. To know that not all wolves out there would meet them with teeth first is refreshing. He enjoys the antagonism, but not all who crossed them had to be enemies. Maybe this Avalon could be... neutral to them. Not allies because that's not what they were about but at least acquaintances in a way.

Gilgamesh thinks over her proposition as his eyes move from her gift back to her face where she is smiling at him. Unfortunately, he isn't one for smiles, but he nods his head to her out of respect. "A pleasure, Corbie. I go by Gilgamesh," he pauses then as he mulls over the trade invite and the inquiry into Sparrow's wellbeing. "We have little in things to trade, but if we ever do begin to accrue something worthy of your goods, you will be my first stop," it was the least he could do since she had traveled all this way with only her companions to back her up. For all she knew, he would attempt to kidnap her.

"As for Sparrow, you are welcome to stay and visit if she will see you. Since Azure took back Hana-," he clears his throat, "uh Hanako; and Recluse was unfortunately murdered, Sparrow has been in bad sorts to put it nicely," it is obvious now that Gilgamesh is slightly uncomfortable and would rather Sparrow speak for herself. To speak ill of the Pirate King was not one of his wishes. "I can have my owl fetch her or if you want, I can take you to her," it is then that he waits to hear what Corbie's decision will be. Though he prefers outsiders to stay away from the Isle, he is not one to deny a family member or neutral party to visit someone of interest.

"speech"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

08-22-2023, 12:11 AM
The male introduced himself as Gilgamesh, and while he made polite sounds about the possibility of trading, it didn't seem his pack had anything to trade anyway, so the polite sounds were probably just that. Corbie shrugged mentally, philosophically. She'd hoped to build a network of trade and education through Avalon, but it didn't seem that anyone actually had much interest in that past a couple other small packs. It was a bit troubling, but now wasn't the time to consider it. Instead she gave the other alpha a smile and made polite sounds of her own. "We will be glad to see you when you are ready to trade. I hope that you and your pack members will feel free to visit Avalon whenever you wish. We are open to anyone with peaceful intentions for trading, or learning, or just socializing." His question about Sparrow put her on her (metaphorical) heels though. As she wasn't acquainted with Sparrow herself, it felt rude to drag her out to look her over even to give Alarr a good report about his relative, and other than Azure she was not in the least knowledgeable about the others he mentioned, though she thought Recluse might be the wolf that Medusa had fought for her freedom and her pack. "Please do not bother her on my account," she insisted. "Though if you would be willing to, let her know that Alarr is likely worried for her and might feel better for a message from her to let him know she's all right."

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
08-31-2023, 10:15 AM

In those moments as Corbie speaks, Gilgamesh sincerely considers her offer. He knew better than anyone that certain pack members of his would not be welcome anywhere, but there were a few he could trust. Continuing to mull over her proposition, his ears perk slightly as she mentions that her pack is open to more than trading, but for learning and socializing as well. It sort of sparks an idea in his head. Maybe the younger ones would do well with some socializing or learning of sorts. An audible hum releases as he thinks some more.

Even more so that he barely hears what she has to say about Sparrow and her family member. Only a minor quirk of his brow before he nods once more. "I'll relay your message. Though I'm not sure she is in shape to move much, I will make sure a message gets back to him," he offers before changing back to the previous subject. "Before you go, I would like some more information," Gil clears his throat. He is of the prideful sort and asking for help is difficult at times, but necessary.

"What sort of learning does your Avalon offer? I have some younger members that may need some education and socialization," his voice is hesitant but curious. He knows he needs to be careful who he sends as their relations with other packs are already precarious...

"speech"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

09-25-2023, 11:42 PM
Corbie perked up at Gil's apparent interest in her offer. This, then, was the gap left by Abaven's passing, the need for a neutral place to be social and learn outside the pack structure, the gap that she had not quite filled yet when she'd first taken up the void left by that illustrious pack. "We of course have the usual offerings - we have a master healer, warriors, and hunters who all excel at their craft. But unlike many packs we do specialize outside of those classic tasks. We raise a variety of stock that I am more than willing to teaching the care and use of, including building fences and housing. I also teach pottery, and the brewing of mead and the basics of other beverages though I do specialize in mead."

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
10-30-2023, 06:12 AM

Gil listens and he can't help but let out a slightly impressed hum. "You are quite well-rounded," he comments thoughtfully. Were his ragtag pack of raiders that lacking? No Master healer, he was losing his navigator, and crafting was lacking. Okay, they had shit all for crafters. Unless you like toilet wine and poorly-made mandolins. His ears flick back at the disappointment of his own pack and begins to wonder if maybe he should start to turn the pack around. But that's not what they wanted... Right? God dammit. "I will have to think, but I will most likely send a wolf or two your way at some point. Until then, you and your wolves are welcome here whenever if you need some training dummies," he grins at his own joke, but he's being somewhat serious as well. "A pleasure meeting you Corbie. Until we meet again," Gil winks and dips his head in a bow before retrieving the gifted items and retreating back into the depths of the isle.

-exit-

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Yoohoo Daager Isle 04:14 PM, 07-24-2023 06:04 PM, 11-08-2023