Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
07-31-2023, 09:26 AM

It was about time that he really checked in with his brood that was nearing adulthood. With Rexx going off on his own to follow that Rheum girl, Deluge accidentally bringing home a boy, and Scald scouting who knows where, that left him with his precious Flurry. He felt as if it were yesterday that he was welcoming them into the world. Deep down, it made his heart hurt to watch them grow up and not be so dependent on him or Modesty. Not that they were ever the needy types or rather... they weren't great parents, but hey, they tried! Somewhat.

Either way, he would try now. Now that he was Raid King and had duties to fulfill, names to uphold, and all that jazz. The weather was pleasant even as summer began to turn to fall. With the isle off of the southern shore, they probably wouldn't have to worry about snow until the end of winter anyway. Heading out toward the beach as the sun curved down toward the horizon, Gil busied himself with starting a fire. Sending Erish out to find Flurry wherever she was currently, he set out some smoked meat and a bottle of mead that he had managed to snag from the ship. A little get together with his daughter was perhaps just the thing he needed.

”Speech” ’Thought’

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

VengeanceCritical Observation!1KLoserCritical Fail!Pride - Pansexual
08-03-2023, 01:43 PM
It was wholly possible that Gilgamesh and Modesty hadn't been good parents but it was absolutely true that Flurry didn't know either way. The only models of parents she had were them, Sparrow and Ig... And those last two didn't seem all that much better in her opinion. Sure Ig was probably doing his best but he'd lost a whole kid and their mother was... Well it was easy to feel like she'd gotten the best out come of all the young wolves running around, she had both her parents after all and they weren't drinking themselves into a stupor... Not that Flurry blamed Sparrow it seemed she'd been dealing with a lot lately. All of which was to say that by her own estimations Flurry would have said her parents were pretty good.

The characteristic screech of her father's owl companion echoed off the once abandoned structures of the building and the young woman lifted her head, mismatched gaze scanning the sky, she had been rooting around in one of the buildings that no one had fully explored yet but the bird's call had pulled her towards one of the crumbling walls. It wasn't hard to tell Erish had come to get her and Flurry dutifully trotted after her, moving towards the beach. She idly wondered what it was her father wanted her for, curiosity and some anxiety mixing in her stomach. Finally she arrived at the beach, spotting the meat and liquor and despite herself Flurry gave a toothy grin. Approaching her father casually. "Well hello father of mine!" She said as she drew up beside him, her tone mocking the overly polite address she'd given. "To what do I owe this honour?" She was teasing, while she'd always respected her father and thought the mantle of leadership fit him well enough she had no intentions of being anything but casual with him, at least when they were at home. If she had to play pretty little heir out in front of other packs then she would but here they were still pirates, raiders by name.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
08-26-2023, 06:26 AM

Out of all of his pups, he admired Flurry’s enthusiasm the most. Deluge was reserved and snarky, quite like her mother. Scald was sour and all rolls of his eyes. Rexx had spunk, quite similar to the way Flurry bounced up to him, but never quite had the intelligence that his daughter had. Honestly, it warmed that cold heart of his to see his daughter so alive and full of excitement as she came up by him. It felt as if things were finally starting to fall into place.

“I… We all know your mother and I haven’t been the best,” he clears his throat, feeling rather uncomfortable. A pregnant silence expands as he shifts his weight before reaching over to grab two of the bottles and handing one to Flurry. “I’m terrible at this so I’ll get to the point,” really Gil wasn’t much for words as is so getting out what he wanted was difficult. “Your mother is expecting again. Before the next bunch arrives, I wanted to check in with you and see what you wanted for the future. Your second birthdays are approaching so you’ll be old enough to really seek out what you want in life,” his smile is soft as he takes another drink before looking at his daughter.

”Speech” ’Thought’

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

08-31-2023, 07:04 PM
Gilgamesh wasn't the only one who found broaching the topic awkward. Flurry didn't really know how to respond to his comment. Flurry didn't know so much that she didn't say anything at all instead grabbing at the bottle her father passed her and taking a swig a little too enthusiastically. Enthusiastically enough she swallowed most of the draft she'd taken, breaking into a coughing fit just after her father had made his announcement about her new siblings, the rest of his words being drowned out in her own head by the sound of her choking. For a moment Flurry hunched over herself as her lungs tryed to expel the liquid she'd just generously poured down them before she managed to catch her breath, and what a heavy, heaving breath it was.

Still she managed to flash her father a grin from her crouched over, nearly drowned in grog position. "Always wanted little siblings." Okay that wasn't totally true. In truth she hadn't really thought about it much, but while she'd been trying not to die she'd had the time to realize she did want them. She rose back up to a more natural sitting position. "I missed everything else you said though, sorry it got lost in the fighting for my life." She laughed, clearly already over what had no doubt been somewhat alarming to her father. Flurry bounced back, it was just sort of who she was. She took another sip of her bottle, this time much more careful to make sure it went down the correct way.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
09-01-2023, 07:36 AM

Flurry's sputtering explosion of a coughing fit caught Gil off guard. Eyes wide and ears folded back as he watched his daughter nearly die from choking on her drink. As it came to an end with her hunched over and muttering about wanting siblings, his brow furrows and he looks at her slightly confused. Through her grin and theatrics, he wondered if she was being honest or simply putting on a show for him. Still, he kept silent as she righted herself and confessed she hadn't heard anything else he had said. It is then that he sighs, softly shaking his head as he hides a small chuckle and takes one more swig from the bottle before starting.

"Flurry, what is it you desire?" He asks as he places his eyes upon her and hopes she hears his question this time.

”Speech” ’Thought’

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

09-06-2023, 12:11 PM
"Flurry, what is it you desire?" Flurry grinned at her father again. "You mean besides women and drink?" She winked at her father, before going silent for a moment. She'd been chewing on what she wanted since they'd moved, since she and her siblings had been given their ranks even if it was mostly for show... What if she wanted it to be more than just a formality? What if she wanted it to be real? "Honestly, she started slowly, I think I want to learn how to lead. I want to take the idea of being an heir, seriously?" Her voice dipped into uncertainty, she wasn't sure that was expected of her at all but she'd been thinking about it for a bit now and the more she did the more she felt comfortable with that being her role. Though there was also a part of her that expected her father to laugh her off. Her? Flurry wasn't exactly the responsible type.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
09-08-2023, 08:41 AM

Her blunt and open response now earns a hearty chuckle from Gil. Ah, like father like daughter. "So you do take after me in more than just appearances," he comments with a cheeky grin before letting it slip away to give her the room and respect that she would need to be honest with him. Gil is patient, as always, as he waits and listens to what she has to say. Undoubtedly, he is surprised when she says that she wants to learn how to lead. His ears perk up and he looks at her with genuine curiosity. The other three of his older brood had wanted nothing to do with the pack really and he didn't blame him so hearing the words from Flurry once again caught him off guard.

His silence is not bad. He just needs a moment to formulate the correct response. Gil does not want to simply hand things to the youth. He wants them to work for it. Show their worth, their struggle, their attempt to grow and try. They were no longer a rag-tag group of Pirates with fingers crossed that they'd win. No, they were Raiders, a still somewhat rag-tag group but finessed, trained, and slightly more put together. "If that is what you wish, then so be it. I give no promises as the new litter may have the same aspiration one day, but you are older and therefore gain more precedence over them," as usual, he is straight forward and simple in his words, but he cannot hide the smile. It is clear from his expression that he is proud of his little girl and cannot wait to share with her this journey she wishes to take.

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. baby girl, what can i do for you? Daager Isle 09:26 AM, 07-31-2023 09:31 PM, 11-01-2023