Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
08-21-2023, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 09:28 PM by Gloom. Edited 1 time in total.)
((Gloom's removal from Ashen is in maintenance at the time of posting so just going ahead with this!))

[Location for Home Turf: Amron's Castle]

It felt almost surreal, she'd been the one who'd taken Audra away to Boreas. She was the entire reason the earthen woman had left the continent at all and now they were back. It felt like she'd just dragged Audra on a pointless circular trip. Obviously she'd needed to tell her family, had to make sure she would be allowed to go but... Well some part of Gloom couldn't help but feel self-conscious. What else was new? But as she walked towards the castle, a feeling of deja vu coming over her, she couldn't deny that there was something distinctly different now. She wasn't sure she'd get used to thinking of it as home for a while but she was willingly walking her way into a place without any family to speak of. But it was her choice. Gloom glanced at Audra, giving the woman a shy nervous smile. She knew it was her job to do what needed to be done here but it still took a few deep breathes before she felt even a sliver of confidence. Gloom grabbed onto it and used it to step forward and call for the blue man that had allowed her in as a guest the last time, hoping this time her stay would be much more permanent.

Action | "Speech." |

Art by Frida-Corvus
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
08-22-2023, 09:29 AM

Audra found the trip to Ashen anything but pointless. Being able to ensure Gloom's health and safety the whole time calmed the nervousness within her. Similar to how she was around Artorias, she now had no issue with her stutter while around Gloom. The time spent with Gloom had allowed them to grow closer. To get to know each other better. And if Audra was being honest, it solidified her opinion that she would rather Gloom stay in the Hallows than stay with her family. While it did pain her to see her separate from her family, the selfishness of her own heart beamed with joy.

Patient as ever, Audra remained quiet and calm as they finished approaching the castle. In truth, she was somewhat lost in thought. Or more so that she was busy daydreaming. Imagining her and Gloom walking the grounds, sitting on the balcony, laying out on the plains, even going on adventures with Sota or Laeta. They could all be friends! It was hard to hide her happy expression when Gloom glanced at her with a nervous smile. In return, Audra leaned over to bump Gloom's cheek with her nose. "You have nothing to fear," she whispers quietly before leaning away as they come to a stop. While Audra knew Artorias would have gladly welcomed them into the castle and never thought twice about it, she also knew that Gloom needed to do this herself.

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-22-2023, 02:17 PM
No matter how many times he answered them, the calls for his attention never failed to catch Artorias by surprise. The Aegis had been playing with his newest pups out in the castle gardens when the howls sounded for his presence, and after handing over the children to Briar he headed out through Hearthstone’s gates to greet the familiar voice. He crossed the lush spring plains at an easy gait and spotted the forms of Audra and Gloom waiting for him by the borders. Gloom’s reappearance was a pleasant surprise to the Carpathian patriarch. He had offered an open invitation for the Ashen woman to return and visit Audra whenever she wished, but he had not anticipated her to take him up on his offer so soon! Still, he had seen the positive effect Gloom’s presence had on Audra and he was happy to open his doors to her.

Approaching the two smaller wolves, Artorias greeted the women with his easygoing smile and dipped his head to Gloom. "Welcome back, Gloom! It’s always good to see a friendly face return to grace our home," he greeted her, then turned a playfully teasing smile to Audra. "Did you get lost on the way up to Ashen, or am I abetting you kidnapping one of the Empress’ subjects?" Art was teasing her of course; Ashen and the Hallows were fast allies, and if Audra had brought Gloom back so soon, he knew there would be a reason for it.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
08-25-2023, 11:21 AM

Gloom tipped her head towards Audra as she nosed Gloom's cheek. Her tiny smile growing ever so slightly, nodding as Audra reassured her. She trusted the woman and was sure that if there was any threat at all Audra would not hide it from her and logically she knew there was no threat here. None of that stopped the shock of anxiety that ran through her as the tall blue man approached. She wobbled on her paws, the old instinct to shrink into herself and drop to the ground fighting to gain control but her mind slammed down on it, forcing her to stay upright though she probably looked like a frozen deer. Violet and blue eyes locked on Artorias.

She swallowed the lump forming in her throat, her stance relaxing ever so slightly as he greeted them. She knew most wolves were simply friendly but she'd struggled most of her life to trust that, even against the part of her that knew she should if thinking logically. She glanced at Audra and her smile returned, even staying as she turned her attention back towards the man. "Almost. Kidnapping usually means... Unwillingness?" This was the most she'd ever played along with someone but the comfort of Audra right next to her and the thrill of actually imagining her future were warring against her anxiety, and they'd won that fight. Time would tell if it'd hold out. "I was uh... Hoping to return... Permanently." Yep, figured her voice would waver as she awkwardly stumbled her way through the sentence and she mentally berated herself for not just being able to say she wanted to join The Hallows normally.

Action | "Speech." |

Art by Frida-Corvus
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

09-01-2023, 09:17 AM

It filled Audra with so much joy to see the change in Gloom. To know that she was one of the reasons why Gloom wasn't as nervous as before made her smile. And smile constantly. She couldn't help it. Just looking at the woman made her stomach do flip-flops. That uneasy nervousness was a good feeling and she would embrace it as she watched Artorias approach them. Greeting the much larger wolf with a smile, she makes sure to glance at Gloom and make eye contact to help the woman feel comfortable. In Art's presence, there was nothing to fear.

A light laugh leaves her as Art suggests she has kidnapped Gloom. There was a moment that she would have responded but Gloom beat her to it. Her eye widens slightly as she is surprised that Gloom played along with the joke. "Ah, you know me too well. I do tend to kidnap pretty women from time to time," Audra winks at Art as her cheeks warm with humor and slight embarrassment. Had she really said something so cheesy?

Before she could really process what she had said, Gloom was speaking. Audra could hear the nervousness and awkwardness in the girl's voice and she couldn't help but inch slightly closer. To provide comfort and remind Gloom that she wasn't going to go anywhere. That she would protect Gloom no matter what. "She could stay with me in my room if that's alright. It's big enough that some company would be nice," Audra's smile is sheepish as she turns her gaze up to Art and her tail wags slowly behind her.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
09-11-2023, 11:37 PM
Artorias had expected Audra to reply and speak for the two of them given how his first interaction with Gloom had gone, but much to his surprise and delight it was Gloom who answered him first. The Aegis looked to the smaller woman with a pleasantly shocked reaction, a happy smile slowly making its way across his muzzle as Gloom met his humor with some of her own, earning an amused chuckle and a little tail wag from the Carpathian man. From the look on Audra's face, it seemed that Gloom's sudden openness of her true self had equally shocked and pleased her too. "Well, as long as this kidnapping doesn't launch a war with the Ashen Empire, then I think I can let this slide," he returned to Audra with a playful grin on his own, then looked back to Gloom. "You know, I think you may be right, we're missing the unwilling aspect of a kidnapping. So I guess this is more of a... coerced recruitment, maybe?" He chuckled again, trying to keep the mood light to make Gloom feel safe and welcomed here.

Gloom came out with it first and asked him exactly what he suspected they would. She wished to stay in the Hallows as a permanent member. The fact that she had asked it of him rather than leaning on Audra to voice her desires spoke volumes to the rebuilding she had done of herself during her time here, and whether that was attributed to her own inner strength or Audra's caretaking or a bit of both mattered little. What mattered to the Aegis was the growth he had seen between the woman Audra had carried in here on her back some seasons ago and the woman seated before him now. Art allowed Audra to chime in with her own contributions before he spoke, listening attentively as his physician requested that Gloom stay with her in her room (while not so stealthily sliding closer to the woman in question, he noticed). Audra's vouching of Gloom was appreciated and considered by Artorias, but ultimately was not needed. He already knew his answer from the moment he saw Gloom coming back and that smile on Audra's face.

"It's not uncommon for many of our patients to wish to stay with us after they've completed their healing," said the Aegis, mostly to Gloom but addressing both her and Audra together. "Usually, I tell those wolves that they found what they needed here and now they can chart their own courses for their own lives, ambitions, and desires." A lopsided smile lifted the corner of Artorias' lips as he looked at Gloom, a warmth and pride in his gaze as he took in the changes that she had gone through in her short time here. "But in this case, I think you found exactly where you were meant to be from day one. I have seen many wolves come through these gates looking for healing, Gloom, but very few have ever made such transformations into something magnificent the way you did. It speaks to the strength of who you are, and it's something you should be very proud of." Art looked over to Audra and added, "It also shows me how talented Audra is as a healer, especially for someone she cares for. Your presence brought her a happiness I haven't seen in too long."

There was no hesitation in the alpha's decision. He nodded his head and gestured for Gloom to step across the threshold into her new home. "Welcome to your new home, Gloom. You are now a Hallowed wolf. Please, come make yourself at home. I'm sure Audra will be happy to show you around Hearthstone, give you a rundown on our laws and tenets, and help you get settled in. Oh, and I'm happy to allow you both to occupy one room, if you both desire it." He have a bit of a teasing knowing look to Audra with that last statement. He couldn't help but give her some good natured ribbing to the wolf he basically considered his family. "What special skills, talents, or hobbies do you have, Gloom? In the Hallows, we like to make sure our wolves' talents are fostered and their passions encouraged to help strengthen our pack. If you have a proclivity towards anything—hunting, fishing, medicine, crafting, politics—I'd love to make sure you're doing something you love." Every member of the Hallows was expected to help contribute to the pack's success in some form. Artorias was curious what sort of talents Gloom would be bringing to their home.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

10-13-2023, 10:38 PM

"Ah, you know me too well. I do tend to kidnap pretty women from time to time." If it was possible for Gloom to go pink she was pretty sure her face just had. If there had been words to follow up the previous exchange they were lost now. She sort of just stared down at her paws, wide eyed for a bit, though her gaze snapped back up to Audra as she suggested the pair of them share a room. Gloom could only nod, though a smile did manage to overpower her previous expression. Her attention was pulled back to Artorias all too soon for her liking. Somehow the man's words helped to ease some of the lingering tension she'd been feeling since leaving her family behind, she wanted to believe he was right, that she had in fact found where she'd belonged. It was easy, she'd only really felt at home with her brothers before Audra, and while she still wasn't sure how she felt about the pack lands themselves if this was the place Audra called home then that was good enough for her.

Gloom, glanced back at the earthen woman again as Artorias gestured for her to move forward, before doing so. She felt herself blush again when the man teased about sharing a room before swallowing hard, clearing the lump in her throat before answering his question. "My uh, uncle taught me how to fish but I've picked up other types of hunting too, I also um..." She glanced at Audra again, feeling a desire to go to places she'd never seen with the woman. "I like to go exploring, don't know if it's a talent though." He had said hobbies but well, maybe there was a part of her desperate to prove herself at least a little bit.

"talking"

Image by SugarPhlox

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

10-20-2023, 10:03 AM

Once more, Artorias' ability to speak in such a regal way amazes her. Even though she hadn't had a single drop of doubt that Art would have allowed Gloom to stay, her heart swelled as Artorias spoke. The way he addressed Gloom and interacted with them made Audra smile and her chest feel tight in a good way. Calling the Hallows home had been the best decision she'd ever made in her life. Audra even manages to laugh at the appropriate moments. Coerced recruitment was a better way of describing Gloom's decision and it was clear on Audra's face that she was glad Gloom had decided it.

Her own cheeks continue to warm as Art motions for them to follow him through the gates and into the castle. "Artorias, you are t-too kind, as usual," Audra comments both about his words toward Gloom, but also the ones toward her as well. The fact that the Aegis had noticed her and her ability made her prouder than she had ever felt before. She does also meets his teasing look with a shimmer of a bashful expression and smirk. While she wanted to add another cheeky comment, she kept her words to herself. The important wolf here was Gloom and Gloom needed to know that the focus was all on her.

Meeting Gloom's gaze, it's as if they don't need to say any words. Traveling to Ashen and back had been a wonderful time. They had been able to get to know each other better and see different areas of Boreas that they hadn't seen before. The slow road home had been a good choice. While they still hadn't put an exact word to their relationship, Audra didn't care as long as she was spending time with Gloom. "Another pair of eyes on the land might be good," Audra comments as she looks from Gloom to Artorias. The Aegis would not be the only one to notice how angry the predators had been as of late.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

11-21-2023, 12:18 AM
The wolves entered through Hearthstone's gates into the gardens and courtyard, Artorias listening all the while to Gloom as the woman answered his questions. Ah, so she knew how to fish and hunt! Artorias nodded his head, glancing back to Gloom every so often to show she had his full undivided attention. The exploring hobby was something he could get behind. The Aegis had never fully outgrown his wanderlust of his youth. "Exploring is most definitely a talent! It takes a lot of skill to be able to navigate rough terrain and guide yourself in unfamiliar lands." As they walked the cobblestone paths of the gardens, the vibrant purple wisteria trees in full bloom, Art continued their conversation. "Another pair of eyes is always a boon, especially with young pups running about," he agreed with Audra, his own statement making him wonder where his six children had gotten off to now.

As the wolves reached the grand foyer to the castle, Artorias gestured with a wave of his paw for Gloom to enter her new home for the first time. "Take all the time you need getting settled in, Gloom! The Hallows is your home, and it is whatever you want it to be. If you'd like to practice fishing and hunting, I'd suggest talking to my brother Rudyard and his mate Fern. They're our premiere hunters; I'm sure they'd be happy to give you some tips on local herds and fishing spots. Sota and my sister Bowen are our scouts, so if getting outdoors and exploring is your passion, they're always available too. I'll leave you both to get settled, just give me a call if you need anything at any time!" Giving Gloom one last parting smile, Artorias turned his attention to Audra next, looking at her with a pride in his eyes. He was so chuffed to see where she was now from where she had come from. "I trust you'll give her the grand tour, Audra. I leave Miss Gloom to you then." And with that, Artorias left the two ladies to get Gloom comfortable and acquainted with her new home.

- exit Artorias unless stopped -

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Home is at your side Amron's Castle 07:30 PM, 08-21-2023 05:48 AM, 12-05-2023