gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe
07-06-2023, 05:31 PM
It was hard to believe that these halls and rooms had once seemed so big to Rogue. The Klein prince strode with a bit of his father's usual swagger down the corridors of the Ashen palace, relishing the quiet autumn evening. Though summer had only just departed, autumn was making its presence known in bold, bombastic ways, with the nights cooling off to the point where many of the seasonal blooms had already begun to recede. That did little to deter the yearling from exploring his home and following the paths that had long-since become familiar to his paws. The once small pup now stood at his sire's height, his frame still lean and lanky with much more growing and filling in to happen as he progressed towards adulthood, but there would be little doubt that Rogue would eventually become a wolf similar to his father. Ashen was in full wedding preparation mode, readying for the upcoming nuptials of his half-sister and her betrothed. Rogue quite fancied the idea of a big party, eager to get to meet some of his parents' more influential friends and acquaintances. Diplomacy and pack relations were something the boy had shown great interest in.

Tonight, Rogue felt oddly at a loss. He wasn't quite sure what to do with himself. Sure, he could have gone with the hunting parties to help gather food for the wedding reception, but hunting had never been a great passion of his. The boy's interests laid much more in the social realm, as well as the things he could craft and create with his paws, and of course on the field of battle. Rogue eventually meandered his way out of the palace and into the cool moonlit evening, drinking in the silver-veiled nocturnal world he had known since birth. He still had yet to see the Empire's former lands, but he could not deny the pride that stirred in his heart whenever he looked out on the ravine or the lake and knew that his family was back in their rightful home.

"Rogue Klein"

Venom and Maverick may enter any of Rogue's threads while he is under 2 years old.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
07-10-2023, 07:21 AM
Venom could scarcely believe that her youngest brood had turned a year old already. It seemed like the older she got, the faster time went. All of them had grown into impressive young adults and she couldn’t have been more proud of them. They would be using the next few months to really lay the track of their futures, and she could already see the mystery and uncertainty forming in their minds.

The main one being her brave Rogue. He was always one to blaze the trail but he seemed lost the last few weeks. Venom found him at the end of her patrol, wandering out of the palace without a purpose in mind. She didn’t hesitate to approach him, offering her usual motherly affection in the form of a nuzzle to his cheek. Not unaware of the heights that he had reached thanks to his massive father. "What’s on your mine, my sweet son?” She asked as she lowered herself to her haunches beside him.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Rogue

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Intellectual (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe
07-14-2023, 03:02 PM
Rogue’s solitude was not to last long, as not more than a minute had passed before the snow and shadow form of his mother appeared and approached him. He greeted her with an affectionate smile and happily accepted and returned her nuzzle, having to lower his head just a fraction to reach her. He had really shown whose genetics had influenced his physique as he matured. Venom asked what was on his mind and Rogue breathed an overwhelmed sigh. Gods, that was a loaded question! "Hoo boy, that’s a lot to unpack," he joked, some of his father’s humor coming through in his lopsided grin. "It’s nothing, Mom. I’m just… I dunno, feeling a little lost, I guess?"

Parking his rump on the ground to sit beside his mother and take in the pleasant fall evening, Rogue tried to think how to best explain his thoughts and feelings. "I kinda feel like I’m just going along with the motions right now if that makes sense? All my half-siblings have big roles and duties in the pack covered and I just don't know what I want to do with myself." Rogue frowned and pawed at the grass, finding anything to keep his idle paws fidgeting with something. "I guess I'm just trying to figure out where I fit into all of... this." The navy lad gestured broadly to their home around them. He knew he would never be a ruler of Ashen, nor did he desire that title or responsibility, but he also didn't know how he could best contribute to his family and his pack, or what he was expected to do or be when he reached adulthood.

"Rogue Klein"

Venom and Maverick may enter any of Rogue's threads while he is under 2 years old.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
07-17-2023, 07:15 AM
She didn’t expect Rogue to ignore her, and the expectation was proven true as the young man offered her a sweet smile and returned her affections. He was so tall now, not filled out like his father but well on his way to being just as massive. Like his father before she had claimed him for her own, Rogue felt lost. He didn’t have to utter a single word, a mother’s intuition had already told her. The heavy sigh that rushed past his lips only confirmed her suspicion as he tried to joke about the heavy topic and made himself quite honest and vulnerable with him. Her young prince was indeed feeling lost.

When she was a pup Deathbelle had declared her heir very early in life, so she had easily found her purpose. There was no real feeling of being lost when her goal was so obvious before her. Venom didn’t say anything as Rogue gathered his thoughts and began to speak again. His elder siblings had found their places, his two sisters especially, so where did that leave him?

"I understand my sweet boy,” She muttered softly as she kissed his cheek again, taking as much affection as he was willing to give her. "Your sisters may have those ranks and responsibilities, but they couldn’t do it without the support of their pack and their siblings. There are more high ranks empty than are occupied.” She reminded him, thinking of their tier three slots. "There’s much glory to be worked for. Besides, your uncle Plague is seriously considering retirement, there will be a vacancy in the Daimyo ranks. If your sister Rebel doesn’t get there first.” She challenged him with a loving grin.

"Venom"

Rogue

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Advanced Fighter (60)

Advanced Intellectual (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe
09-04-2023, 03:56 PM
Rogue wasn’t so sure his mother would really be able to offer him much help in regards to his wayward feelings, but even just being able to vent his thoughts and frustrations out to her was a good release for the adolescent male. Venom just let him speak and get it all out of his system, and only once he was finished did she add in her own insights and opinions. He loved his mother and valued her endless support more than he could ever say. Despite the bravado of his father that he exuded, Rogue was undoubtedly a mama’s boy, lavishing in the Empress’ affection and attention. Her kiss to his cheek pulled a puppy-like smile across his muzzle and he leaned happily in towards her, glad that he had taken the time to confide in his mother about his woes. Moms always had a way of making things better.

Venom gently reminded him that although his sisters had attained great ranks within Ashen, they did it with the help of their family and siblings. She also made note that several other high ranking positions were still open and on the table, waiting for someone to come and claim them. The prospect of him possibly taking over Plague’s rank when his uncle retired was brought up and Rogue tilted his head as he considered the possibility. Him, a prince of the Ashen Empire, lead warrior of the pack… "Hmm… Daimyo Rogue does have a nice ring to it," he mused with a debonair grin, his sunset eyes that matched his mother’s shining at the idea. "Well I’m sure Bel won’t mind a little sibling rivalry for the rank, right?" He uttered a roguish chuckle under his breath, then leaned down to offer his mother a thankful nuzzle to her cheek. "Thanks for listening to me gripe, Mom."

"Rogue Klein"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

09-06-2023, 09:05 AM
Venom listened well, and offered advice when she thought the citation was appropriate. Rogue’s crisis was certainly the time to give whatever wisdom she had. The Empress was not old, but she held much wisdom for her age. Venom would have given her love and advice to any of her children, but there was something special about getting to offer them to Rogue. He was so sweet and obviously her baby, she just wondered for how much longer she would be allowed to treat him as the young boy she still saw him as. He’d be a man soon, far too soon for her liking.

She gave him encouragement, sometimes knowing you weren’t alone was enough to really put things in perspective. However, Rogue really perked up when she mentioned his uncle's retirement. Of course, he was not the only prospect but that did not seem to dissuade him either. She grinned as he tried out the title, and despite wanting to keep him a baby she couldn’t argue it sounded quite dapper. If he proved himself the title would fit quite well.

"No, I think some competition would prove to be quite fun.” She agreed before the boy leaned down to nuzzle her and thank her for the words she had offered him. "Of course, my son. I’m always here for you. No matter how small the problem might seem.” Venom assured him as she returned his affection, reveling in the joy such little interactions gave her.

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Finding our places Cryer's Ravine 05:31 PM, 07-06-2023 02:53 AM, 02-13-2024