gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

Critical Attack!Island HopperWinnerUnderachieverOverachieverStudent
Double MasterCritical Observation!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-05-2023, 07:41 PM

With the season's change, Deluge was officially now an adult. She had expected some sort of change, perhaps a settling of her itchy paws or sudden clarity in her purpose, what happened instead was... well, more of the same. She didn't feel any larger or wiser, but as dawn broke on her second year, she wondered, was she really doing the right thing leaving her family behind?

Not to worry, she didn't have enough crew yet, if they were going to make something of themselves, particularly going into the colder months, then she would need numbers on her side. Without the lead up to winter to prepare, they would rely solely on their ability to raid to get by... (or they would have to migrate south, that could be an option too... why not both?) Before setting anything in stone though, she would use the cover or her natal pack to scout out others in the region, taking stock of their numbers and resources to pass back to her father, after all, they were raiders too, and it never hurt to keep an ear to the ground.

Taking a break from her travels though, was due, and as the sun sank low across the dried up lake, causing the travelling stones to throw long shadows, her glow became more evident. She reclined in the middle of the lake, no cover in sight, and turned her eyes towards the awakening stars.

“Speech”

Due to distance kept from her Raider kin and her regular travelling taking her out of pack lands, Deluge smells and acts like a loner. The only noticeable scent other than her own is Dread who may join any of her threads at any time.

Hanmel

gems
size
build
player
09-05-2023, 08:16 PM

Their reunion hadn't been what she thought it would be. The vision of Eraithus seeing her finally and him immediately leaving that God awful pack to travel with her did not happen. Mel laughed out in disappointment. What was she really expecting in that moment? So delusional in her own way. And yet, she knew deep down that she'd return to that Insomnia land and get her brother to leave. It was only a matter of time and strategic thinking in doing so. Hanmel merely was one wolf with no followings. No one to back her up if she were to storm the grounds and snatch Eraithus away. She was his family. Not them. Oh! Because they'd taken him in when he had no one? Pfft.

Her temper rose the more she thought about it. Come to think of it, as long as she'd been on Boreas, not once did Eraithus came to search for her. He spoke that he had. Then gave up all hopes of ever finding her or their brother. Hanmel frowned. The sudden realization hitting home. She didn't fight the snarl vibrating low in her throat. Was there even a reason now to go back and stir up such a mess for a brother who didn't care to come looking for her? "You son of a bitch! Family my ass. Fuck you, Eraithus." Throwing a tantrum of curse words would not make the situation better. Or take away the sting within her heart. Such a frivolous thing. How time could change so much about the meaning of the word family.
"Speech"

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

Double MasterCritical Observation!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-05-2023, 08:38 PM

Deluge's almost stargazing was interrupted by a chorus of curses not too far away. Far from being affronted, the girl smirked and let out a whispered Heh, under her breath, it seemed like someone else was having a bad day, and while she wouldn't outright taunt them for it, well, it was nice that karma had decided to go bother someone else for a change.

It wasn't like she was trying to conceal herself, she glowed after all, but maybe the other wolf was too upset to notice that she had company, “Oi, it could be worse,” She offered conversationally, a smirk tugging at her lips, “yer could 'ave 'is name tattooed on yer arse forever.” She wasn't aware of what relationship the other woman had with the wolf she was cussing out, but it didn't have to be a boyfriend for drunken mistakes to be made, did it?

“Speech”

Due to distance kept from her Raider kin and her regular travelling taking her out of pack lands, Deluge smells and acts like a loner. The only noticeable scent other than her own is Dread who may join any of her threads at any time.

Hanmel

gems
size
build
player
09-05-2023, 11:01 PM

Sometimes Mel forgot to pay heed to her surroundings. Locked in on the betrayal of her brother and the disappointment constricting around her heart, she would have known there was another around. The beam of glowing light right smack dead in her face; yet, there Hanmel was. Cursing up an entire storm without a care in the world. The young juvenile's words reaching her ears to be registered. Did she... did she think she was talking about a lover? Her chest heaved to contain the laughter wishing to be blurted out in the most unruly way. "I do not speak of a lover. Nearly five years of life and I have not had...." Geez! What was going on with Hanmel today? Running her mouth like an unhinged chicken. She didn't even know this woman and there she was about to give away everything.

"Eraithus is my older brother. It was better to cancel out any other thoughts the stranger could have to her earlier blast of slurs. Looking down to the empty lake in which the luminescent wolf lay. Her multicolored coat and antlers a very beautiful sight. Mel wanted to take a closer look. Eyes narrowing into a squint in hopes to make out the detail.
"Speech"

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

09-06-2023, 12:48 AM

Deluge allowed herself a short, hyena like cackle when the other wolf clarified it was her brother she was frustrated with, lifting herself back up to her feet and offering a shake to show she meant no harm. “That would make th' arse tattoo awkward wouldn' it?” She allowed her shortened tail to wave in greeting, “Name's Deluge, currently o' Raider's Hollow, but if fortune favours, not fer much longer.” She dropped her front end down in a stretch, offering the empty bottle by her side a forelorn sidelong glance. “I'd offer yer a drink, but it looks like I'm fresh out. I'm sure there's a stash somewhere around these parts though...” She scanned the stones that surrounded them, none making any more of a decent marker than the other. Where could it be?

“Speech”

Hanmel

gems
size
build
player
09-07-2023, 10:07 PM

Speech
Weirdly enough Hanmel found herself liking the glowing antler woman. Her ways of speaking was intriguing and before she knew it, words fluttered from her lips without hesitation. "Where are you from? Why do you talk like that?" So upfront and honest. There was no end to how blunt she could be. Giving the woman a raised brow and a playful smirk. Gaze watching as she looked for another bottle to share. Does everyone here just drink? A memory of the night she spent with the yearling at his campfire. How he, too, offered her a drink. Which she took and indulged like her life depended on it. What would it hurt to have another? Come to think of it. Just like him, this one spoke the same way. Barely forming sentences and an accent of some sort.

"Definitly awkward. How would I explain such a thing when or even if I find a mate?"
"Speech"

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

09-08-2023, 06:07 AM

Deluge allowed her head to tip when the other woman asked why she spoke the way she did, she'd never given it thought before. “I was born east o' ere, ter a pack called Pirates Plunder. I never really thought abou' th' why... I jus' do, m' brothers too.” Her mother certainly didn't, and even their father was more articulate, but their parent's involvement in their upbringing had been... well, they mostly learned to talk from speaking to each other, maybe that was why?

At the talk of mates though, the girl chuckled again, “Anyone gettin' their nose outta joint about yer livin' a life before 'em isn't worth their salt, an what makes 'em think yer should stop at jus' one?” Not that the girl was serious enough to be thinking about anything as serious as mates, she could barely bring herself to seriously call Dread her boyfriend, and she had pretty much ruined his chances of getting away from her.

Heavy thoughts for another time perhaps.

Dried and cracked mud crumbled beneath her paws as she stuck her nose behind another of the moving stones, were her eyes decieving her, or was the earth a little darker here?

“Speech”

Hanmel

gems
size
build
player
09-12-2023, 11:13 AM

Speech
The woman's words stopped her short.

Hanmel had decided best to help out. Simply standing there like a watchful owl felt uncomfortable for whatever reason. Gaze moving along with the glow of the woman who's name still hadn't been offered. Not like she had given her own. "Luckily for me, I was raised with a heart to love more than one." Her mothers and fathers back home were one hundred percent missed. She wished they'd been lost in the storm and found their way here also. The water's were plentiful. The Neru Village could have thrived here. Pups born. Their ways of life taught to others and expanded out.

"I'm Hanmel, by the way. Mel is find though."
"Speech"

Deluge

Raiders Hollow
The Nightmare

Master Fighter (290)

Master Navigator (400)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
NachoMumma

10-19-2023, 08:29 PM

Deluge smiled at the introduction, but she smiled wider when her paws scratched back the layer of caked mud and slipped against glass, “There y'ar!” She dug with a little more vigor, trying to not shower her companion in dust... well, in her mind at least. She didn't really pay attention to where the other wolf had ended up. “M' brother sometimes calls me Loogie, but I'll respond ter most names,” she admitted with a face full of dirt. Reaching into the hole, she fished out two bottles and rolled one to her new friend. “So if yer've come all this way an' yer brother's an ass, what's yer plan from 'ere?” She questioned, genuinely curious. If it had been a long journey and had ended in disappointment, what more was there in store for her new friend?

“Speech”

Hanmel

gems
size
build
player
10-22-2023, 04:35 AM
Paw easily reached out to catch the rolling bottle passed to her. The question left lingering for awhile as she opened it and took a long swig. Hanmel hadn’t quite thought about it. Since the whole ordeal of Eraithus’s leader Medusa trying to fight her words shared between siblings and him doing absolutely nothing about it. The entire situation left a bittersweet taste in her mouth t’wards him. What was her next move? "Where I’m from, fighting wasn’t much of a necessity. I want to grow in that area. Become stronger. I may be small; but, that shouldn’t stop me at all." She swallowed another shot. The liquid burning the inside of her throat. Leaving a warm feel just inside the depths of her stomach. At one point, she and her Erai had been so close. Since that day, though, they felt more far apart than ever and it honestly hurt her to the core. "What about you? Why are you out here?"
"Speech"