Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
09-19-2023, 06:44 PM
**Backdated to when Haydée first began her trip in Boreas**

With her mother safely under the care of the Hallows and on the path to healing, it is high time for Haydée to go and speak with a few packs. First on her list is Avalon where she hopes to put a face to the name Corbie and collect her brother Alex, as well. Bellamy had informed her that her brother has been staying in Avalon for a bit to help him follow his chosen skill path and she hopes that he will return home with her now.

After everything that has happened at home, she can certainly use all her siblings support in Ethne. Coming to a stop a respectful distance from the pack’s borders, the girl lifts her head and sings a call for Corbie, the alpha of this land. As her call fades into the late morning air, the girl settles in to await the appearance of the wolf that Bellamy has always held in high regards.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
09-26-2023, 12:11 AM
An unfamiliar voice called from the border. Corbie, who had been sorting the pelts they'd gotten from harvesting that year's butcher lambs, paused to listen curiously before setting them aside. Ayer continued to sort through them while Corbie, Ren at her heels, set out to answer the call. As she approached, she studied the stranger waiting for her. There was something familiar about her appearance, and her scent quickly placed her as an Ethne wolf. Another of the children who'd been born here, perhaps? "Hello," Corbie greeted her as she came before the other woman. "I'm Corbie, alpha of Avalon. How can I help you?" She smiled at the stranger despite the sudden concern that something had happened to Bellamy.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

10-03-2023, 09:24 PM

Haydée is not left waiting long for Corbie to appear. As the woman Bellamy has always held the woman in high regard appears, the girl cannot help but feel a sense of wonder in meeting the woman that had filled many stories. Tail wags behind her as a huge smile tugs her lips upward and the girl watches the woman’s approach. When the monochrome wolf greets her, confirming the girl’s suspension that she is, indeed, Corbie.

After the woman’s greeting, Hay bows her head in a show of great respect and says, “It is pleasure to finally meet you Corbie. My mother, Bellamy of Foi has told me a lot of stories about you. All good, I promise.” Lifting her head, green eyes meet Corbie’s mint gaze as she explains, “I am Haydée Kedieo, Bellamy’s daughter and Leader of Ethne. There has been some… changes within the pack and I have come to deliver the news personally.”

While some of the news is sad, the girl doesn’t want Corbie to think it is all doom and gloom so Haydée quickly adds, “Oh, mom is okay! She is down in the Hallows resting and healing.” Okay so maybe that isn’t the best way to start off the news but Hay is quickly realizing that she has no idea just how to deliver well… any news.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

10-09-2023, 06:05 PM
The young wolf quickly introduced herself. The news she bore was both vague and alarming, as she was unexpectedly Bellamy's replacement as alpha, and added that Bellamy was resting and healing in the Hallows. Healing from what? And why the Hallows? Was she so injured that her pack couldn't take care of her themselves? "Congratulations on your promotion," she said quietly, "And I hope you don't think me rude but... What happened to your mother?" Her first worry was that the now-former alpha's feud with Ignis had caught up to her, and she had to consider the effect that would have on Avalon, and its relations with the pack he belonged to. She was, of course, promised to be neutral, but it would certainly make one wary when dealing with him.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

10-13-2023, 01:58 AM

Truthfully, the young Haydée did not mean to be so vague with her words but, the truth is, she is just not used to having to share such disheartening news. Corbie quietly congratulates her on the promotion and sadness flickers across the girl’s features, dimming her gentle smile for a moment. A sigh falls from her lips as she gives a gentle shake of her skull and says, “No, not rude at all. That is why I came, to share the news face to face. It seemed like the right thing to do because mom has always been so thankful for your friendship.”

Head bows slightly as she inhales slowly, steeling herself as she begins the tale, “A couple seasons back, Gavroche, my father and Bellamy’s long-time mate, was murdered not far from Ethne lands.” Sadness does not flicker across her features this time but, instead, lingers and weighs down the lines of her face as the smile she had been wearing falls off. Even with time distancing the events, all the emotions she had felt at discovering her father’s mutilated corpse seems to fill her all over again every time she speaks of the murder.

Haydée slowly lifts her head as she continues, “We found the murderer and brought him to justice but the grief of the events has weighed heavily on the pack. Mother… got lost in that deep sadness and we decided it would be best for her to go to the Hallows for some special, medical attention. She could barely function by the time I got there but, with the help of the Hallows and lots of love, she is beginning to learn how to continue to keep on living.”

A gentle smile appears as Haydée speaks of her mother finding herself once more and the pride she feels for her mother is written plainly on her face. “That is why I have taken over Ethne and, while it is something I have wanted to do, I wish it could have been under extremely different circumstances. I mean, I still find myself feeling lost with… well, everything.” A nervous chuckle fills the space between them as she looks up at Corbie, respect and gratitude lifting her features up once more.

Taking a deep breath, she finally says, “But I wanted to come tell you about everything that has happened because I know mom really respects you. And… I am hoping we can continue to have a friendly relationship now that I am the Leader.” With that, Haydée falls silent and the butterflies of uncertainty take flight in her stomach. Hopefully, Corbie can see just how hard she is trying to keep Ethne afloat in this uncertain time.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

10-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Haydee shared the tragic tale, and Corbie's eyes clouded in sadness as she listened. Bellamy had tried so very hard to protect her family, had formed the pack specifically to do so, and in the end had lost so much of it anyway. If Corbie had been better about keeping in touch with other packs, could she have helped prevent this tragedy? Or would the physical distance between Avalon and Ethne have made it impossible to protect them anyway?

"I'm so sorry for your losses," she told the young alpha sorrowfully. "I am happy to know that you were able to step into your mother's place and hold your family together and see that she got the care she needed. Of course Ethne is still welcome in Avalon." She hesitated a moment, though, not wanting to give Haydee the wrong impression so she chose her words carefully as she added, "You know that, to remain neutral, Avalon does not actively ally itself to other packs? But I hope that our packs can remain as close as they were under your mother's reign, so that we can continue to trade and learn together. You are all welcome here whenever you are up this way, if you need a place to rest on your journeys or just to be social, and Ethne is welcome to our festivals, without question."

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

11-06-2023, 07:56 PM

There is pain in the youth’s face as she explains about the events that have happened in Ethne but it gives way to love as she speaking about all that her mother has been through. It is apparent that the loss of Gavroche has been difficult on Haydée but there is also understanding as she knows that Bellamy has been through much more. As she finishes her tale, Corbie expresses her sympathy and the young leader bows her head in gratitude before the monochrome woman goes on to explain that Ethne is still welcome in Avalon.

The hesitation from Corbie does not go unnoticed by the smaller wolf and she perks her ears up as the Avalon Alpha carefully explains about the pack’s stance on alliances. A warm smile spreads as her face as she allows Corbie to speak, nodding in understanding about Avalon’s wish to remain neutral and once, she is finished, Haydée happily says, “Oh, I know about the stance but I wanted to bring you the news about what had happened personally. Mom respects you and is extrememly thankful for the time she spent here in Avalon.”

Her smile grows in magnitude as she adds, “You and your pack are always welcome within Ethne and at all of our festivals! And, if you or any of your pack need any help, we will happily lend our paws.” Pausing to take a breath, the girl’s front paws tap the ground in excitement as her dark green eyes shine with joy as Haydée happily says, “There is another reason I wanted to visit and that is, I am hoping to talk you about trading for some farm-raised animals in the springtime! I think my pack would benefit from having them within our borders and it will help to teach the pups reasonability as they help the adults take care of them.”

"Haydée Kedieo"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

11-20-2023, 04:44 PM
Corbie was relieved by the other alpha's words. It seemed that she had come prepared with the knowledge she needed, making it so Corbie didn't need to disappoint her if she'd been hoping to garner an ally. She had felt guilty enough disappointing Bellamy all that time ago - allies were not easy to come by, after all, and she might have expected more of a pack she'd once belonged to than Corbie was able to give. "I would be more than happy to trade some of our spring lambs, if that's what you're looking for, or some of last year's ewe lambs if you were wanting something a little older."

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

12-10-2023, 07:21 PM

A warm smile is on the young Leader’s lips as she excitedly talks about trading with Avalon and she is thankful that Corbie is receptive to the idea. Eyes widen marginally as young lambs are offered along with some of the older, last year’s ewes and Haydée tilts her head slightly. Lips purse as she considers, brows furrowing as she silently ponders the logistics of having younger or slightly older animals within the pack. Finally, she says, “Would you be willing to part with a few of both? It might be wise to have some of the older ones first so that we can fully understand how to take care of them before bringing in some new spring lambs.”

Nodding to herself, Haydée then offers, “We can give you food, furs, herbs, woven baskets, and training in return. Whatever you wish, in any amount you desire. Also, if you have chickens and smaller animals that you are willing to part with, Ethne would love to welcome them too.” She stops there, wondering if she is asking for too much when it feels like her pack has so little to offer in return. The girl decides to talk with a few of the crafters in the pack when she returns to see if they can offer a wider range of items in the near future.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

01-15-2024, 04:57 PM
Corbie nodded briskly to Haydee's request. "We can certainly do that. The older ewes will teach the lambs to be good members of the herd, as well, so starting with mixed ages could be a benefit to the health of your herd. I'll make sure the lambs are as unrelated to the older sheep as possible so you get a good wide gene base to start with." She smiled at the young alpha. I'd be happy to accept woven baskets and herbs in return, though I'd have to bring my pack's healer in to say what herbs we could use most. I understand that you have a lot of herbs down south that we don't have here."

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

02-26-2024, 04:27 PM

As Corbie speaks, Haydée’s smile grows, happiness radiating from her young face. Nodding as the Alpha finishes, the girl says, “Of course. We will make as many woven baskets as you and your pack like! If you want to consult with your healer, you can always send a bird to us with a list of herbs that you need and, when we bring them along when we come to pick up the animals.”

With a nod, she locks the plan in her mind. Then, an idea strikes her and Haydée adds, “As you probably know, our seasons are opposite of yours here in Boreas, so I think it would be beneficial to the herd if we waited until our Spring to bring them down to Auster. Would you also be willing to give some of my members pointers on how to care for the ewes and lambs?”

Corbie has been so kind and Hay does not wish to impose on the alpha too much but having some idea of what to do will help everyone in the long run.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Leave It To The Breeze The Range 06:44 PM, 09-19-2023 11:58 PM, 04-08-2024