size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
08-15-2023, 03:39 PM

After Haydée had informed her siblings of the shift in leadership within the pack and the fact that Bellamy would be going to the Hallows for medical help, the girl had gathered the bag she had packed for Bellamy before finding the woman herself. Together, the pair made their way along the shoreline, going slowly so that they could rest whenever her mother needed to. Traveling with the woman, the girl realizes just how much weight the woman has lost in the past few months and Hay mentally kicks herself for not seeing how significantly Bells had been struggling. However, with her own journey through grief at the loss her father, the girl has come to understand that the past cannot be changed and all they can do is move forward.

The castle grows bigger on the horizon until it is looming over them, the structure imposing in its sheer size alone. Haydée glances to where Bellamy is, offering the woman a reassuring, loving smile as the scent markers grow close. Soon she will be calling for the alpha and leaving her mother in the care of this pack since it is well known that the pack offers their medical services to all those in need. Silently, she hopes that they will be able to heal, not only her mother’s body, but her mind as well. The pair stop a respectful distance from the border and the girl looks over at her mother. Gently, the girls says, “I am very proud of you, mom.”

With a warm, loving smile is on her lips Hay tips her head back and sings a call, requesting the presence of the alpha.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-16-2023, 08:39 PM

Bellamy might have admitted needing help, but accepting it was going to be a whole new battle. The woman had tried to stall in Ethne, hesitant to leave the home of her family, or her friends. The home she made with Gav… her heart broke, continuing to fracture as she cursed her weakness and her inability to be strong from them. But it hurt, Divinities above it hurt and with each passing day she felt herself slipping. She had gone from a wolf of average stature to much thinner, barely touching food, and only taking the herbs her daughter and son brought her at their urging and encouragement. She was afraid to close her eyes, of the nightmares she would have, and worse yet waking up without her mate by her side once more. The love her children helped chase those thoughts away, but they could not be by her side every moment. They had their own lives to live, a pack to protect…

Leaving Ethne had been hard. So hard. She hesitated, a whine pulling at her lips as she cast a look back the way she had come. Emotions raged within her, regret, sorrow, wondering if she should have just been allowed to give up. But… in death she would be even more alone… She knew the right choice was to get help… but… it was hard… She was scared, scared of learning to live without her tiny mate. She was scared of forgetting him, and acting like life was okay, when what happened to him was far from it. Moving on meant accepting that he had been murdered. Accepting she hadn’t been able to protect him. The one wolf she wanted to protect more than anything. It tore at everything Bellamy was.

The going was slow… there were a lot of rests due to her struggling energy. Herbs had been given to boost it, and some food, but even still, the woman walked like a wolf who was ancient and brittle. When they would stop her head would always turn in the direction of their pack. They were away from it, but she knew her heart was there. Tears were shed, and she would press into her daughter’s side as she cried. Apology after apology was uttered, met with the love Hay had for her and reassurance. But they would slowly get close to the Hallows and, as they did, Bellamy’s gaze would fall to the earth at her paws.

The last time she had been here had been such a positive event, meeting Artorias and finding like minded neighbors. She had been thankful for them, to know her pack, her children, had a safe place to turn should things go south… but she never expected to come back here for herself. If anything, she had expected to be the one to go first… fighting for the sake of her loved ones. Fate was… twisted. Cruel. Bellamy felt so small, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks. She catches movement from the corner of her eye and knows Hay is trying to reassure her once more. She shifts closer, their fur brushing against one another. She swallows hard… can she really do this? Her courage falters and Bellamy comes to a halt beside her little one.

“...there is nothing left to be proud of…” Her words are quiet. “I failed the one wolf who I swore to fight even gods for… I… I couldn’t keep him safe… It’s my fault…” She started shaking again as grief washed over her like a rolling wave. “...protect them… please…” She begs her little one in a whisper, the thought of more of her loved ones being lost almost enough to end her right then and there.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-17-2023, 03:03 PM

Visitors and strangers were nothing new to the Hallows. The sanctuary pack had become quite popular with a renowned reputation for its care and hospitality it provided to any and all. So when Artorias heard the call of an unfamiliar voice from the borders south of Hearthstone it wasn't unfamiliar, but it was unexpected. He had been sparring with his son Thorn, the two brutes practicing their swordsmanship skills out in the training yard, the metal sparring swords clattering together with each swing. The call distracted Artorias momentarily, amber gaze turning from his son to the south. It seemed Thorn had decided to take advantage of his distraction, because with a battle cry, the blue-furred lad swung for him. Art deftly ducked and dodged out of Thorn's way, pirouetting to bring the blunt edge of his sword around and up to Thorn's neck, ending their duel and claiming victory. He gave his boy a smirk before patting him on the shoulder and instructing him to continue practicing his footing while he went to tend to their guests.

Driving his sparring sword into the ground, Artorias made his way south of Hearthstone, following the well worn path in the vast grassy plains to the two figures he saw standing waiting for him. The younger, smaller of the two he did not recognize, but he was very familiar with the larger monochromatic wolf she was with—or at least, he had been. This wolf looked more like a shell of the Bellamy he had met only a couple of seasons ago. Her face was gaunt, her expression haunted and distant, and it looked like she'd lost much of the weight and muscle he remembered her having. It looked as if the very life-force had been sucked out of her. Artorias' warm expression grew dour, concern painting his features upon his approach. The Aegis hurried his steps, coming up to Bellamy and her companion, the other wolf carrying Ethne's scent letting him know that the girl was one of Bellamy's.

"Bellamy! By the gods, what happened?!" he asked, growing more concerned when he noticed the way her frail body was shaking. Fire-toned eyes moved from the fallen alpha to the small russet lass, looking to her for some elucidation to what he was seeing. "You have found the Hallows, Miss. I am Artorias, Aegis and alpha of this pack. Are you close to Bellamy? What happened to her?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

08-22-2023, 06:52 PM

Standing at the borders of The Hallows with her mother, the girl woefully small in the face of everything that must be done. Yet, she needs to be strong, for her mother, for her siblings… for the pack; so, she puts on a smile as she summons the alpha of the pack. Bellamy’s words strike her heart and the smile falters a moment before regaining strength. Softly, she says, “You did not fail him mom. I am proud that you here, that you want to get better. Dad does not blame you and he was reborn because of his faith in the Divines. I love you mom. No matter what.”

A tall man is swift to appear and the girl watches his warm expression grow dour as he look at Bellamy and Haydée does her best to offer him a welcoming smile. He directs his words to her mother and the girl’s emerald gaze shifts up to the woman for a moment and she, once again, takes in the woman’s haunted gaze. Then, the man is talking to her and the young Leader shifts her attention back to Artorias as he introduces himself. Remembering her manners, the girl offers a respectful bow to the Aegis as she says, “I am Haydée Kedieo, Bellamy’s daughter and Leader of Ethne.”

Straightening up, she takes a deep breath before beginning to slowly explain, “My mother said that you offer medical care to anyone who needs it. We need your assistance. My father… Bellamy’s mate, was murdered a couple seasons ago.” Sadness tugs the lines of her face down as the girl’s expression morphs before the Aegis’s eyes. A small sigh falls from her lips as she continues, “Since his death, we were able to find his murderer and bring him to justice. But… we have all been dealing with his loss in different ways and my mother…” A pregnant pause falls as she looks to Bellamy, attempting to find the words to describe what she has been going through.

Words fail her as she continues to gaze up her mother, tears fuzzing her view of the woman but not yet falling. Turning her head back to the Aegis, the tears spill down her russet cheeks as she says, “She needs help that we cannot offer. Please. She needs your help…. Please.” Guilt and shame slam into her chest as she begs Artorias for help; guilt for not realizing that Bellamy needed their help sooner and shame for not having the help that her mother needed in Ethne. All thoughts of having to lead the pack without much guidance are far from her mind as she seeks The Hallows help for Bellamy. Later she can dwell on her lack of knowledge. Later she can doubt herself. But for now, she begs.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-27-2023, 08:59 PM

Her daughter tries to offer comfort, remembering the lessons of the Divinities… of the Goddess and her mercy. Her heart gives a pang in her chest. She knows that Hay is right in that regard. Celeste chose to give Gavroche a second chance because of his purity, because of his faith. He had died in pain, but he would not remember that suffering. But to not remember the good that had come with the bad… to remember them… as if that Gavroche hadn’t existed… but he had. He had been so small, yet so full of love, so pure. Bellamy kept her ears pinned to her skull. She couldn’t find the words to answer her daughter. Not that she had much more time to do so. The Aegis approached, concern in his voice as he addressed her.

Her gaze would lift, but though Bellamy looked upon him the fire that had once been in her gaze was gone. It hurt to know he would see her this way… but it was for the better. She was no longer the Leader of Ethne. She was simply a woman. A woman broken and hurting, mourning the loss of the wolf who had mattered most to her. Haydée spoke, doing well in her position. Bellamy would draw closer to her daughter, listening to her tell Artorias of what had happened. As Hay pauses, Bellamy allows a sigh to pass her lips. For the first time since Artorias’ arrival, she manages to gather herself and speak. “I’ve lost myself, Artorias…” The tears roll down her cheeks and her gaze falls to the earth. Her daughter’s plea comes out and Bellamy closes her eyes, trying to fight back the tears.

“...I… need help… to help my family…” Carrying on as she was would only hurt them. If they lost her too, the impact would be worse. But Bellamy was unable to pull herself from her grief. To accept the loss of her mate. She needed help so that she could get better, and support her daughter in her new role. To support Ethne as time marched on. Asking for help was hard. Bellamy swallowed hard, opening her eyes again, swallowing her pride as she looked at the Aegis. She felt so barren… so cold… but she knew if anyone could help her now, it would be somewhere here. She had felt warmth in the Hallows. A promise of hope and sanctuary.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
09-16-2023, 02:31 PM

Artorias knew something terrible had happened even before either fae spoke to him. The Bellamy he had met some months ago was not the woman he saw before him today. She looked like a ghost of her former self, a stark contrast to the lively and vibrant character he had parlayed with. The russet girl introduced herself as Haydée Kedieo and Bellamy's daughter—as well as the new leader of Ethne. Artorias' gaze snapped back to the girl out of shock. Bellamy had abdicated her alphaship to her child so soon? His worry and confusion was swiftly answered when Haydée explained how Bellamy's mate had been murdered recently. Artorias' heart broke upon hearing such news. Shocked and aghast eyes looked back to Bellamy as if to confirm her daughter's words, but the despondent look in the older wolf's eyes left no doubt in his mind. Something terrible had happened to Bellamy, and Haydée and Ethne by extension. Although Artorias had not met Bellamy's mate, he had known of the man's existence from some of the lighthearted banter they had shared at her last visit.

"Oh, Bellamy... I am so, so sorry." The words did not feel adequate enough to express the empathy he felt for the waning fae. He was glad to hear that the criminal responsible for the murder had been brought to justice, but it seemed the damage had long been done and was still taking its toll on the survivors. Haydée begged him for his help to cure her mother, crystalline tears spilling down her cheeks as the girl far too young to be burdened with such pain and struggles did her best to hold herself together in this moment. Art looked down to the little Haydée—and in that moment he was taken back in time. He saw flashes of memories. Of a battlefield scattered with blood and corpses. His birth mother, clutching the body of his adoptive mother in her arms and wailing. His own pained scream rang out in his ears as he relived the day a boy had been forced to become a man. Haydée was now walking the same path Artorias had when he was her age.

Artorias nodded and motioned for the two Ethne ladies to cross the border, waving a large azure paw in the direction of Hearthstone. "Of course. We'll help in any way we can. Our healers are the best in their disciplines, and our grief and mental health counselor is second to none. I'd like to have her speak with you at some point. You are both welcome for as long as you need," said the Aegis. Once Bellamy and Haydée had crossed, Artorias began to lead the way down to the castle. "We will do all we can for you, Bellamy, you have my word. For as long as you need, the Hallows is home to you. Haydée, you and any of your siblings have my blessing to come visit your mother whenever you wish. You are among friends here." More than anything, Artorias wanted to stress that point. Though not allies officially, Art regarded the wolves of Ethne as good neighbors, and like a good neighbor the Hallows was there in their time of need. If they could help, they would.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

09-26-2023, 04:58 PM

Haydée tries to hold herself together in front of the Aegis, to be strong for her mother as she asks for help from the Hallows. Yet, the weight of the world seems to have fallen squarely on her shoulders and the pressure cracks her façade, causing tears to cascade down her cheeks. Still, determination burns in her eyes even as it hides behind the tears that now flow freely as she looks up to Artorias, wanting… no, needing his pack’s help. For a moment, she believes that she spies a kindred spirit in the strong alpha and her heart summersaults in her chest as he agrees to help them.

Relief floods her as she sniffles, feeling like a weak, petulant child in front of someone that isso powerful but the gratitude she feels lifts her features upward. Haydée attempts to stop her knees from wobbling as she crosses the invisible border, suddenly feeling terrified about leaving her mother here. It isn’t because she doesn’t trust the Hallows; far from it actually. Now, it is Bellamy her mother and her only chance of learning how to be an alpha; and now, she won’t even have the luxury of asking her questions when she needs advice the most. Emerald eyes blink up at Artorias, the tears having stopped but still misting over the world from her eyes.

Looking over to Bellamy, she offers her mother a gentle, encouraging smile as they move toward the castle but she finds it difficult to speak right now as the emotions that have building inside her seem to have lodged painful in her throat. When she is finally able to get words out, they are soft but heartfelt, “Thank you, Artorias. I don’t know how to repay you.” Shame flickers across her features for a moment as she feels suddenly worthless for feeling lost in this new world that she now finds herself in. Lowering her gaze, she gently asks, “Would it be okay to allow those in my pack who need it, to come talk and speak with your mental health counselor? We all feel a little… lost right now.”

A soft chuckle spills her lips but it is devoid of any humor or mirth. Right now, the girl feels woefully inadequate in the face of what lays ahead of her.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
10-14-2023, 05:36 PM

Artorias offered his condolences and the woman gave a very slight nod. How did one truly approach the conversation of a lost loved one? Bellamy knew he meant well, and when he motioned for them to cross the border into the Hallows, Bellamy would take steps alongside Haydee, feeling her body tremble. The encouraging smile her daughter gives brings the woman closer to Hay as a whine passes her lips. Hurt. She is flooded with hurt from losing her mate, for needing help, knowing she will be away from Ethne and the children who need her.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She wants help, she knows she needs it, and yet… Bellamy does not want to take it at the same time. She is torn, fighting with herself. Her poor little one… She swallowed hard and allowed her gaze to flick to Artorias. A promise of help, his word that they would do all they could. She prayed it would be enough, that she might be able to come back from this. And yet… there was that flicker within that didn’t want to at the same time. A darkness within her heart that begged for the woman to give up.

“Thank you…” Her gaze falls to the earth, her body guided by her daughter’s smaller form. Hearing her daughter speak again, to ask for help for the others who are hurting, causes Bellamy’s heart to clutch painfully in her chest as a loud whine leaves her. “I’m sorry…” There is a part of her that feels selfish. Why was her need greater than that of her loved ones? Of the pack? More tears formed and chased after the others. Guilt. Shame. Frustration. Grief. All of those emotions rolled within her like the bubbling waves of the sea and, without the aid of the Hallows, Bellamy would drown.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

11-26-2023, 02:08 PM

At his behest, Bellamy and Haydée began to make their way across the border and into the Hallows. The going was slow due to Bellamy's fatigue, but there was no rush. Artorias remained by his guests' side every step of the way back towards the castle, no matter how long it took. Haydée's tears showed just how lost and unprepared the young girl was for the tasks forced onto her shoulders and the burdens she was now made to bear, and Bellamy looked like a sight of death, barely hanging on to the will to live. Hay looked up at him with tear-filled eyes and thanked him, but Artorias was quick to shake his head when she made mention of repaying him. "This is what we do, Haydée. Helping wolves to heal and grow stronger is our cause. We need no repayment, though remember that kindness paid forward is its own reward." He was telling Haydée what he had learned many years ago—doing good in the world to others bred more good deeds of their own. It was the mercy their world needed.

Bellamy murmured a soft thanks and then apologized, but again Artorias was swift to deny her apology with a shake of his head. "You have nothing to apologize for, Bellamy of Foi. Your heart and spirit are wounded, just like your body can be after a fight. You've been through a terrible ordeal and need to heal. There is no shame or guilt in asking for help." Artorias leaned his head down to gently nudge the tall woman's shoulder, offering her a tender smile. "The fact that you've endured through this pain and keep going every day is a triumph you should be proud of, not ashamed of." Haydée asked if other members of her family and pack could come seek the aid of his mental health counselor and of course the Aegis gave her a nod of approval. "Of course, Haydée. Our pack is open to all who need us. You and your family are welcome anytime." What good woulda hospital or sanctuary be if they closed their doors to those in need?

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. We Can Be Immortals Amron's Castle 03:39 PM, 08-15-2023 03:13 PM, 01-21-2024