gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipTreat 2019
08-27-2023, 08:10 PM

How long had she been gone from the Hallows, Meme wondered? Her paws carried her towards the familiar figure of the castle, her pale silver gaze taking in its sight, the scent of the borders, and she knew they were well. She could feel it. The Hallows had become a home for her, a safe place, and she had welcomed those days. Fond memories, courage. She was grateful to have been part of such a pack. But once she had found Skorgek again she knew her choice was right.

She didn’t want the woman to be alone, and she had left Jacques and Rein back in the woods. And it wasn’t like they would be far, oddly placed between the packs. Should anything happen she knew they would have friends… and if there was anything she could do to assist the Hallows, even outside the lands, she would. She’d keep an ear out for information for them.

Meme would stop at the borders and lift her muzzle, calling for the Aegis. Hopefully she wasn’t pulling Artorias away from anything pressing. She wanted to opportunity to talk to him for a little while.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-31-2023, 05:32 PM

The Hallows had experienced quite a surge of activity as of late. Between the influx of new patients, new members joining and current members climbing the social ladder of the pack, not to mention the strange goings-on of the animals around Auster, Artorias had his paws full. But one thing the Aegis was never too busy for was entreating with his wolves and his friends. So when the familiar call of Memento Mori came for him from just outside Hearthstone, the blue and black wolf wasted no time making his way out to greet her. Meme had been off on a journey of her own for some time, but had made him a promise she would return when she felt the time was right. Perhaps now was that time.

Heading out of the castle gates, he approached the tawny form of the slightly smaller woman with a smile. "Welcome home, Memento!" he greeted her with warm welcome, moving forward to both nuzzle her cheek with his own and lift a paw over her shoulder in a familiar embrace if she permitted. "I trust your time away was enjoyable? Did you find what you were looking for?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Memento Mori

Loner

Expert Intellectual (215)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

08-31-2023, 06:08 PM

Memento might have needed to wait at the borders, but she knew the Aegis would never keep those he considered friends waiting long. Seeing him approach brought a warm smile to her face, and the woman would return his greeting with a firm hug of her own. “It feels like it has been forever, but the Hallows is here just I remember it. Not there was ever a doubt.” She would pull back with a grin, the warmth from the Aegis washing over her. She did not wish this to be a sour reunion between them, and wanted them to remember the moment as a good one. She gave a nod, her expression shifting, a certain twinkle in her eyes as she spoke.

“I did. On my way out of Auster I met… a rather peculiar woman. One unlike anyone else I’ve ever met. She’s different, maybe not all there…” She could feel her cheeks heat as she chuckled. “But… she is a good wolf. She means well. I spent a bit of time with her when I left, and when I found my brother and saw his family, I noticed myself getting distracted. My mind kept drifting back to her, to Skorgek.” Meme could feel herself growing embarrassed. To have a crush now, when she was already so old, yet she was acting like a yearling experiencing love for the first time.

“I reunited with Skorgek on the way back here. She’s uncertain about joining a pack and I…” Her smile faltered. “As much as I appreciate and love the Hallows, I think my path has deviated from returning here, Artorias.” Her gaze lowered. “The Hallows reminded me of love, of the value of family. Skorgek… she doesn’t have any of that. If I return here she’ll be alone… and that… that makes my heart hurt. I don’t want her to be alone… if… if she’s not ready to come here with me…” She sighed and looked back to the Aegis.

“So… I won’t be coming back. My heart, my loyalty will always be to you and the wolves here. We won’t be far - Skorgek has taken a liking to the Wraith Woods. If I hear anything that might help the wolves here, you can count on me coming to share the information. And maybe one day I will be able to convince Skorgek of the good the Hallows can be, the good a pack can be, just as you showed me once.” She hoped that he would understand. As much as she wanted to come home, her heart was divided, pulling in the direction of the woods where the masked woman waited for her.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
10-01-2023, 07:25 PM

After their embrace, Artorias listened with rapt attention while Meme filled him in on all the adventures she'd been on during her time away from the pack. As an adventurer at heart, Artorias knew all too well the yearn of wanderlust, and hearing of the journeys others took filled him with inspiration to take more of his own someday soon. Amidst her tale, Memento began to tell him of a woman she had met, and Art was keen to pick up on her immediate shyness while speaking of her. A knowing smirk touched the Aegis' lips the longer the golden fae told him about this woman she had met and how she made her feel. Already Artorias was preparing for Meme to ask him to allow her back here into the Hallows, just as Audra had done with Gloom, and he was preparing his response mentally for when the question inevitably came.

Except... it didn't come.

Memento explained how Skorgek did not wish to join a pack and Artorias felt his expression freeze on his face. The mood of the conversation shifted, suddenly feeling more melancholic and like a goodbye than a return. Meme's smile faltered and so too did Artorias' while he just listened to her in contemplative silence. She looked away, but he did not. Art kept his fire-hued gaze on Memento the whole time, giving her all his attention as she deserved to have. Meme explained how the Hallows had reminded her of the values of love and family, and how she wished to explore those values with Skorgek who didn't have those in her life. It also meant she would not be returning home to them. Artorias would not lie—this stung to know that Memento Mori would be leaving them for good. But at the same time he could not fault her for following the path her heart yearned for. He would have likely done the same in her place.

When Meme finished speaking, Artorias simply sighed and nodded his head, his eyes saddened, but a small smile lingering on his muzzle. Without saying a word, the Aegis stepped forward and pulled Memento back into another embrace, hugging her tight as it could have been for the last time. "I would be more surprised if you came back to us after all that instead of taking this path," he said with a solemn chuckle. "Memento Mori, you will always be welcome here in the Hallows—you and Skorgek both. If you ever need us for anything, I hope you'll remember you always have a place here with us." There were so many things Artorias could have said, gotten all choked up and emotional over her departure, but he had to remind himself that this wasn't a goodbye. Meme and Skorgek would be living fairly close and they were welcome to stop by to visit whenever they wanted. Drawing back to look Meme in the eye with a smile, the Aegis clapped a paw on her shoulder and said, "Just promise me you'll both be safe, and that you'll live a fantastic life together." More than anything, Artorias wanted his wolves to always be happy—whether they were with him in the Hallows or on their own paths elsewhere.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Memento Mori

Loner

Expert Intellectual (215)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

10-07-2023, 12:59 AM

The sigh was expected, as was the saddened expression the Aegis wore. Yet, despite that, he still had a small smile. He drew Memento Mori into an embrace, one that the femme returned in kind. His understanding was appreciated, and Meme could not have been prouder to have affiliations with such a pack. The Hallows had been such a place of positivity, light, and hope, teaching her the importance of bonds, friendship, and love. “I know, and I thank you for that, Artorias. The Hallows will always be considered a home, and someday, I am certain I will be able to bring Skorgek here to live with you all again.” She drew back, a smile on her lips.

“I promise, Artorias. I know the Hallows will be holding the Bonfire Festival in the Summer, and I hope to bring Skorgek with me to see it.” Her expression would shift, and Meme’s gaze fell to her paws.

“If I’m being honest… I get this fuzzy feeling when I’m around Skorgek. Just… happy...? Time passes so easily like I forget to pay attention to anything else.” Those feelings were strange to her. Not unwelcome, but strange. “I’m… uncertain about how to approach these feelings. Or if I need to… …and… what if she doesn’t feel the same way…? What if its weird?” She sought his advice now. Meme had considered Artorias a friend and easy to talk to. She was sure he would have advice on what to do.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

10-30-2023, 02:54 PM

To say it pleased Artorias to hear Memento Mori speak so highly of the Hallows and their family within it would have been a gross understatement. Though every wolf he lost was a blow to his heart, nothing made the Aegis feel more like his purpose in life had a deep resounding meaning than seeing how each and every single one of them walked from their home with pride and confidence, stronger than they had ever been before. The Hallows was a place of healing and restoration, a fresh start for those who needed it. Every wolf who left stronger was another success story and another memory he would reflect on when he was feeling sentimental. They parted from their hug and Meme reassured him that she would always remember her home here, and that she would be intending to attend their Bonfire Festival, perhaps even with Skorgek. Art's expression lit up at the notion. "By all means! The more, the merrier!" It would be good to see friends old and new with them to celebrate such an important event.

Meme wasn't finished yet though. Artorias listened with vested interest as the fae began to describe how being with Skorgek made her feel, and the more Memento spoke, the more a knowing smile crept across the dire brute's face. She may not have known what she was feeling, but it was an emotion Artorias knew well. When she finished speaking and it was apparent she was seeking his counsel, Art could only chuckle and shoot Meme a look that said he understood everything. "Oh, I know exactly how you feel, Meme," he assured her. "It's like... you could be standing in a crowded room, but she's the only one you see. You live to hear the moments of her laughter, and her smile makes you feel like the greatest champion in the world. She makes you feel like the best parts of yourself all the time." Yes, he was describing his relationship with Briar, but true love was a universal language that every heart could understand and speak. Art still felt like a lovestruck yearling whenever he was with Briar. Maybe he was just a sappy romantic at heart. "My advice? Be true to yourself. It was you that brought Skorgek to you in the first place, and it's those same qualities that she wants to see every day. Don't worry yourself over if it's right or thinking she doesn't feel the same. Don't force yourself to move at someone else's pace. Just be you, don't even think about it. If it's easy and natural being together, then it's meant to be." Artorias gave another shrug and a playful nudge to Meme's shoulder. "And if it isn't meant to be, well... we've got a hell of a lotta wine to help drown sorrows."

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Farewell, But Never Goodbye Amron's Castle 08:10 PM, 08-27-2023 05:47 AM, 12-05-2023