size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-04-2023, 05:46 PM

Reintegrating herself with the pack after the time she took away had been slow and difficult, but slowly and surely she began to get back to her usual patrols, her usual meetings. Sometimes it almost felt like things were back to normal and then something would remind her and she would slide back again. Today she was feeling in better spirits and she wanted to take advantage of that to pay a visit that was long over due. She had already failed yet again to call together the feast that they owed Valta from the raid that had been won a few seasons ago and now she had heard from her ever vigilant ravens that the leadership in Valta had seemed to shift. She was curious about what changes had happened in their allied neighbor and wanted to speak with them herself rather than send her brother or Ikigai. It was only a short walk to the edges of the Monument Rapids and she paused there long enough to give her coat a good shake before she lifted her head to call for someone to speak with. Hopefully she would get lucky and whoever was leading in Kotori's stead was just as amicable as he was.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
09-10-2023, 03:50 PM

"Aslatiel Indarra"

Asla had been spending a nice, lazy moment with Indigo, curled up within his protective circle of warmth. He had fallen asleep, but she remained wide awake, staring out over the snowy landscape. They had stopped being siblings long ago. Their relationship was frowned upon, but neither of them cared. They were two halves of a whole. Only now that they were back together did their souls begin to mend. Their time apart had been hard and she never wanted to go through it again.

From the border, a call rang out. The blonde woman's head lifted and she gingerly peeled herself from the massive purple giant, careful not to wake him. Shaking out her coat, Asla loped towards the border. The day was chilly, but it wasn't unbearably cold. Snow crunched underfoot as she moved along until purple eyes rested upon an equally purple fae.

"Hello," she greeted the woman. "I am Aslatiel Indarra, alpha of Valta. How can I help you?" One brow lifted as she questioned the larger fae. The scent was one that Asla had smelled often, but she didn't know the woman's name.

[Image: qnvtMu8.png?1]

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

09-10-2023, 09:10 PM

She wasn't kept waiting long before she heard the crunch of paws lightly moving through the snow and soon a smaller, tan and gray woman stepped into view. Avacyn dipped her head in greeting as Aslatiel introduced herself–revealing that she was the alpha of Valta. Just as she had heard, the pack was under new management. Now all that was left to be seen was how Aslatiel's way of leading differed from that of Kotori–if it did at all–and how it was that she came to be Valta's new leader. "Hello, Aslatiel. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Avacyn Mendacium, the Matriarch of Elysium." She had to assume that Kotori would have filled Aslatiel in on Valta's current allies and who lead them so she hoped it was just a case of putting a face with a name. With a soft smile she added, "I hope you don't mind me stopping by. Some of my patrolling warriors noticed that the scent markers had changed so I wanted to come see if Valta had changed hands and introduce myself." Her head tipped slightly to the side with curiosity and a bit of concern as she added, "I do hope Kotori is doing alright."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-14-2023, 12:06 PM

The woman introduced herself and Asla nodded. "Ah, Elysium." She did know about the allies and enemies of Valta, having been Kotori's right hand before his excursion. Avacyn mentioned that her warriors had told her of the scent markers changing and the blonde woman gave a nod, though they wouldn't have changed too much. Two scents gone and many more to replace them.

Avacyn inquired after Kotori's well being and, again, Asla nodded. "He's just fine. My brother has gone on a little adventure to woo a prospective mate. He'll return in due time." Asla hoped that Kotori's venture was fruitful and that the koi princess accepted his courtship. She didn't mind running a pack, but this wasn't her pack to run. It was his.

"And how are things in Elysium? Any troubles?" If this was a social visit between packs, then it was acceptable to inquire as to the well being of the pack. Besides, if there had been trouble, Asla would know what to look out for.

"Asla Indarra"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

09-17-2023, 01:27 PM

It was good to see the recognition from Valta's new leader once she shared the name of her pack so at least she didn't need to fully introduce Elysium and what they were about–though she of course would have been happy to share if needed. She was also relieved to hear that Kotori was doing well and in fact off to court a potential mate. She also picked up on the fact that Kotori was her brother which did explain how she ended up chosen for this position. Since Aslatiel did not list Fatalis as her family name Avacyn hadn't been able to pick up on it immediately, but she didn't think anything of it. She new family names could change or be different for one reason or another. She gave a grin at the news and replied, "That's good to hear. Traveling and adventuring to find a suitable partner is a long held tradition in my family so I can certainly appreciate taking the time to do that."

As Aslatiel went on to ask about Elysium, questioning if there was any trouble, Avacyn shared, "Elysium is doing well enough. Things have been fairly quiet lately–which I suppose I should be grateful for. I have been a bit concerned about the fact that our borders are now slightly crowded with the new pack on our opposite side from yours, but luckily my father is on very good terms with their leader so it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. It only feels slightly claustrophobic, in a way," she admitted with a soft chuckle. "I have admittedly not been out and about much over the last month due to some health issues so my intel on the mater is fairly limited, but my mate has been my eyes and ears for the most part."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

09-26-2023, 07:11 PM

Avacyn seemed to approve of Kotori going off with his intended and shared a glimpse of her family's traditions with Asla. The blonde fae nodded. She believed that traveling and getting to know the koi woman would do him well. Besides, Asla didn't mind running the pack in his absence. In fact, she was quite good at it.

Talk turned to Elysium and Avacyn mentioned how crowded things were. Again, Asla nodded. The woman was no doubt speaking of Heidinn, the newest pack to move into the area. Asla didn't much care for the crowding either and already one of the Heidinn wolves had trespassed onto Valtan lands. "More space between the packs would be nice, but I doubt they'll move and I know Kotori won't give up his place." Asla shrugged gently. "At least the alpha of Heidinn is a decent fellow. I've met with Vidarr a few times now."

"Asla Indarra"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

10-02-2023, 10:25 PM

Avacyn nodded with understanding when she shared how Kotori wouldn't want to give up the lands he had claimed and her doubts that Heidinn would move any time soon. She was quite partial to the lands that her mother had chosen as well so she certainly couldn't blame any of her fellow leaders for not wanting to pick up and move for the sake of more breathing room. As she spoke of Vidarr and shared that he was a decent fellow, she did feel a bit of relief. Her father had said as much, but if she was being honest her father had questionable morals and interests at best so even though she loved him dearly and would trust him with her life and more she did have some reservations when it came to trusting his judgement of other wolves. Having a third party also have a favorable opinion of the new alpha did help ease her concerns. "That's good to hear. I look forward to meeting him myself."

She was about to thank Asla for her time and be on her way when a thought suddenly came to mind. Her thoughts and memory had been so jumbled as of late and it was hard to keep things pinned down. Hopefully that fog of exhaustion would fade soon. "Oh, while I'm here, my little sister, Mariah, might be by in the next couple of seasons to seek some training in healing. She's had a brief lesson with Indigo before, but she's wanting to have some more in-depth training and I gave her my blessing to travel to our allied packs to do so. I'm not sure if her path will bring her here or not, but I'll be sending my ravens out to the other packs to give word so I figured I would just tell you in person instead."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

10-04-2023, 08:38 AM

Asla thought that she quite liked Avacyn. Though younger, the purple fae held herself well and there was an air of professionalism about her that the blonde woman appreciated. Ava spoke of looking forward to meeting Vidarr and Asla nodded. "He's a little different, but still decent." Different belief system entirely. It made the man feel set apart from them.

It seemed as though their conversation was coming to a close. As somewhat of an afterthought, Avacyn spoke again, stating that her younger sister might come to ask for healing training. The Valtan alpha nodded. "Indigo, my broth..." she still had to think about her relationship sometimes, "My mate,"she clarrified, "Is a seasoned and practiced healer. We have Mojito who is also very skilled. I'm sure one or both would be happy to help your sister learn."

"Asla Indarra"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

10-09-2023, 10:29 PM

Avacyn had all but concluded their conversation with the passing mention of her younger sister's possible visit when Aslatiel's response suddenly caught her ear and pulled her back in once more. Even though Asla stopped herself and corrected the way she presented her relationship to Indigo, she said enough for Ava to catch what she was about to call him. Her brother, her mate. She did her best to keep herself from looking too surprised and interested in this revelation, but she was certain that she didn't do all that well at it. She tried to keep her attention on the conversation at hand, nodding in grateful approval as Asla spoke of Indigo and a man named Mojito both being skilled healers that could train Mariah, but it was difficult with the unexpected common ground that had just been revealed.

"That's wonderful, I'll be sure to share that with Mariah," she said with another nod, but quickly moved on, shifting with a bit of unexpected excitement. "Sorry if I'm being presumptuous or misheard you, but... did you say that Indigo is your brother and also you mate?" Only once Asla had agreed did Avacyn relax a bit and grin. The relationship she had with her brother was precious to her and she wouldn't deny the relation between them if someone was to ask, but she knew it was something that was frowned upon by some so she had been careful to either speak of Saracyn as her mate or her brother to wolves outside of Elysium, but now she felt like she could speak more freely with Asla and that took a weight off of her shoulders she hadn't realized she was carrying. "My mate, Saracyn, and I are also siblings. I've known several wolves that are intimate with their siblings, but never romantic the way Sara and I are. It's... a relief to find someone else that has a bond with their brother like that."

"Avacyn Medacium"

Aslatiel

Obscura
Champion

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Res

11-01-2023, 03:32 AM

Her little slip up was caught and, surprisingly, the purple woman didn't turn away in disgust. Quite the opposite, actually. Grey ears shifted forward as Avacyn spoke of her relationship with her own brother. There was a childlike expression of wonder in the purple fae's face as she spoke of the romantic relationship with her brother. A smile found itself on Asla's maw and she nodded. "I understand completely," the older fae spoke. "My family was less than thrilled, but Indigo and I have loved one another from the moment that we were born." The tawny fae laughed softly. "I was actually born clinging onto him."

Asla's smile turned a little sad and she gave her head a slight shake. "Our relationship caused problems instantly with our father. Indigo and I were separated for a long time. When we reunited, we chose a new surname, giving up our family name for good. Everything had worked out since." The woman's galactic gaze focused on Avacyn. "I wish the same for you." Her voice was soft. She felt a sort of kinship with the Elysium fae simply due to their relationships. "If you ever feel the need to talk about your relationship, you know where to find me." Was that an offer of friendship? Yes... I believe it was.

"Aslatiel Indarra"

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

11-05-2023, 11:07 PM

As Avacyn listened to Asla describe the conflict with her family that her relationship with Indigo had caused, it made her begin to understand how fortunate they had actually been to be born into a family as depraved as the Mendaciums tended to be. While her mother did voice her concerns and attempt to find a way for them to have the "proper" mates as their family laws would have dictated, she had never really tried to stop them and now both of their parents were very supportive. It was still a taboo that she understood was frowned upon by much of the world, but they had not had to go through the lengths that it seemed that Asla and Indigo had. The piece of the story that explained her changing their surname did clear up the last piece of the puzzle behind why Kotori carried the Fatalis name while she did not. It did give her a sort of assurance that she might have a easier time bringing Sara with her to functions held by Valta and perhaps a more difficult time should they ever decide to visit the Armada, but that was a thought that she put to the back of her mind for now.

Aslatiel's wish that everything work out well for her as well brought a thankful smile to the Matriarch's lips and she couldn't help but think of the grief and heartbreak that she and her brother had only just begun to heal from. She didn't want to spill all of her woes onto the other woman so soon after meeting her so she kept the thought to herself, but she was grateful for the well wishes that felt so very needed. "Thank you. I'm grateful to have found a... kindred spirit, so to speak." She rose to her paws then, her tail wagging gently behind her. "I should probably be getting back, but I would love to talk more when I have a bit more time to do so. You and your family are also more than welcome in Elysium's lands whenever you'd like." She dipped her head and gave Asla a parting smile before she turned to start making her way back to Elysium's island, carrying her head a little higher than when she had arrived.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Catch ups and new hellos Monument Rapids 05:46 PM, 09-04-2023 02:25 PM, 05-29-2024