Ranger

Expert Fighter (160)

Advanced Healer (85)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
10-05-2023, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 11:46 AM by Gavroche II. Edited 1 time in total.)
When Gavroche woke up that morning, Dusk had said she wanted to do some training with him, something that immediately caught the boy's attention. He could hardly contain his excitement as Dusk ensured they both had something to eat before heading downstairs. Hopping down the stairs was more accessible than going up them, but it still felt like it took forever! Green eyes kept flicking back to Dusk, a bright smile on the boy's face. He enjoyed his time in the Hallows, especially with the femme. She was so cool! There was nothing but admiration for her in the boy's gaze.

Once they had reached a big, empty room, Gavroche looked around. There was a lot of space to run around here and wrestle! His tail wagged a mile a minute behind him as he looked back at Dusk. "This is a Dojo?" He asked, seeking confirmation of the room's name.

Dusk

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (279)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022
10-07-2023, 01:39 PM

Gav was all puppy energy mixed in with a lot of smiles and bouncing. Dusk genuinely loved having him around. The pup had been staying in her room with her and they'd spent their nights with her curled around the boy. The little winged warrior had stolen her heart very quickly. Dusk would like nothing more than to keep Gav with her forever, but she knew they would eventually have to find his family. That thought hurt, so she tried to push it away every time it popped up within her mind.

After they'd eaten some breakfast, Dusk and Gav made their way to the training area. She'd told him about it before and when he questioned the name, the obsidian fae nodded. "Yep, that's what my dad calls it." Dusk had left Whisper behind today. She wouldn't need her weapon to teach the boy how to protect himself. "Are you ready?" She waited for him to say that he was and then got to work.

Dusk had Gav sit and she paced back and forth in front of him while she spoke. "The biggest thing that will keep you safe is to always be on your guard. Train your ears to always be listening, your nose to always be scenting the air and your eyes to always be scanning your surroundings. If you know your surroundings, it will be harder for something to sneak up on you." Situational awareness, her father had called it. Be observant. Be vigilant. Be safe.

"Okay, we can start here. I am your opponent. If I was getting ready to attack you, how would you respond? How would you hold your body?" Dusk stood before him, her head lowering a bit as she made herself look as though she would attack. "Think hard about what would work best and I'll help you along the way, okay?"

"Dusk"
[Image: WlfCSL1.png]

Gavroche II

Vedia
Ranger

Expert Fighter (160)

Advanced Healer (85)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
10-22-2023, 07:30 PM
Dusk confirmed that her father called the room the Dojo. It was nice, the floor flat, but it would provide a different sort of terrain experience. He would give an eager nod as Dusk asked if he was ready. "Uh huh!" His tail happily wagged behind him and he sat, ears termed forward as he focused on the dark-furred girl. To be on his guard? His tail slowed, brow knitting together as he considered what she was saying. But… it was so easy to get distracted… There was a lot to see and get lost in. But he knew Dusk only wanted to help him. For her, he'd try his best. He gave a little nod, taking her words to start.

He got to his paws and looked up at her, looking at how she was angled. He frowned, tilting his head to one side and then the other. "Umm…" He scrunched his nose up. "I'm smaller than you, and if I keep my wings, ears, and tail close to my body it makes them harder to grab… at least it does when I play with my siblings… and I wouldn't want you to grab me at all, cause I won't be too strong and won't be able to get away if you do… so I would try to avoid your attack, right? Cause if I try to take the attack I'd get knocked over or grabbed?"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Follow you, follow me Amron's Castle 11:46 AM, 10-05-2023 03:12 PM, 01-21-2024