ardent

I Think I Left The Stove On!

Morticia

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
09-06-2023, 03:01 AM

Morticia had been doing well in learning to trap things at home, but now it was time to try somewhere she was unfamiliar with but somewhat similar to home! Medusa led the way to a prairie she knew was filled with leggy prey animals like pronghorn and deer and other tasty things. The first order of business upon arriving was making a snare trap, and Medusa already had everything they needed to begin tucked away in a makeshift sack that was slung across her back. "Is Morticia ready!?" She exclaimed before abruptly stopping and dumping out the contents. She had shown Morticia how to make a snare, now the challenge was making one that would work in the current climate. Winter had finally arrived and there was less ground coverage now that all the plants were withered away.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Morticia

Loner

Expert Hunter (165)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
09-25-2023, 08:11 PM

Morticia had been eager as her mother led them out of Insomnia’s lands. The landscape out here was different, at first becoming like the tar pits, minus the tar, and then getting lush again. It was neat being able to explore somewhere that she wasn’t as familiar with, and though she mostly followed Medusa there were times where the yearling would dart off to investigate this or that. The dry lands seemed like they could be good for harvesting bones. Creatures couldn’t survive without water. But if she wasn’t careful she might end up joining them! A mental note to come back this way later, Morticia hummed happily as she waited for Medusa to arrive wherever she felt was best suited for their next trapping adventure. Her mother had said she wanted them to try and make one because the climate was different. It would be tricky since the greens were gone and it was cold, but Morticia was determined they would do well!

Once Medusa stopped Morticia bounded over to her mother’s side as she began to shift through the contents that had tumbled out. Familiar things, but her mother had warned her that this time things might be trickier to get done. Morticia’s tail wagged back and forth as she lifted her bicolored eyes to Medusa with a large grin on her face. “How does Morticia make sure the rabbits don’t see the trap?” She tilted her head to the side. There was snow… would they try to use some of the snow? Or would they bury it in a spot without snow, but they could maybe make the dirt softer so that the trap was just out of sight? Could that work with the ground being cold? The yearling waited, her gaze on her mother as she waited for instructions.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Mortica has two companions - An indigo bunting and a Mexican milk snake. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
10-19-2023, 05:44 PM

“How does Morticia make sure the rabbits don’t see the trap?” Medusa hummed for a moment in thought as she...well...thought about it. She had done this a number of times, it was easy peasy! "Morticia will hide it under the snow! Rabbits won't see it, they are kinda dumb, so if it's hidden under snow then they'll run right over it and SNAP! Morticia catches a rabbit!" She nodded fervently to drive home the idea. While some of these rabbits and hares were probably camoflauged with the snow and dirt, their snare would be even more hidden! There was no way this would fail!

"Get this, and this, and this." She picked up each piece of material that they'd need for the basic setup and tossed them in front of Morticia before she started grabbing the things she'd need for her own. She would make one with her daughter as a guide, but Morticia's trap would be the one they'd be using. "Does Morticia remember what Medusa showed her?" She picked up a line of twine and a stake, and started wrapping it around the not sharpened edge. The other end they'd be sticking deep into the ground. No rabbit, or deer, or even a larger animal would be pulling it out without some damage to their own leg!

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Morticia

Loner

Expert Hunter (165)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
12-27-2023, 05:24 PM

Under the snow? Hmm, if she piled the snow up enough, the rabbits definitely wouldn’t see it. And they would be too scared and running fast to really focus on the fact that the snow had been messed up. Alright, good! Morticia wiggled in place, the idea of catching the rabbit so easily made her excited. Then she could share a meal with Medusa! She would set to work on the snare once Meddusa had tossed her the materials, giving an eager nod. “Morticia remembers! Medusa showed Morticia good!” She was trying harder this time to make sure that the snare didn’t break. She didn’t want the prey to get away, and rabbits were smaller and faster than turkeys. Her mouth spread in a wide grin as she pulled the twine tight. “Look Medusa! Morticia got it better this time!” She declared proudly, moving the end closer to her mother for inspection.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Mortica has two companions - An indigo bunting and a Mexican milk snake. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I Think I Left The Stove On! Algoma Prairie 03:01 AM, 09-06-2023 07:11 AM, 03-04-2024