An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
10-24-2023, 11:12 AM
Levi liked this place well enough, it provided a decent view of his surroundings and it wasn't well frequented by the masses. The old stone felt craggy and a little unstable underpaw, but he was light enough not to be concerned by it. The howling winds were more of a concern, bristling his fur as he stood there, having to squint against the snowfall. He always wondered why his Grandfather moved them from the relative tropics of the east to the far north, where even in summer it didn't get anything about warm-ish. Not that the cold bothered him, he'd been here long enough to adapt, but he wondered if the same could be said for the loners who roamed Boreas.  

Would they follow warmer climates south or try and brave the elements alone? And what would he do if he was cast out for one reason or another? He wasn't like his Mother, maybe he had a bit of her mean streak (though his sire was equally, if not meaner) but he wasn't one to suffer from itchy paws or wanderlust.

He grunted to himself as he took a step forward, the mounting snow upon the wall was making it hard to tell where the curve of the edges began and ended. If he wasn't careful he'd fall.

[Image: dZNVqTH.png]

Karaka

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Intermediate Navigator (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
10-24-2023, 11:37 AM
Raka was used to the cold, but that didn't mean she liked it. She'd been exploring the wall when the snowfall began, and she huddled against a small outcropping, trying to get warm as she watched the snow fall around her. Little flecks of white that danced and drifted in the wind.

It was times like these that it was hard to keep the homesickness at bay. When she'd had a den to return to each night, and her father and siblings ro curl up with. Her father had chosen to leave them, and she needed to grow up. This life was what she made it now. She'd kept hold of a sunny outlook until now. But shivering in the cold, she couldn't help but sniff a few times. Missing what she had known.
[Image: PZuet8y.png]

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipDerby WinnerBy the skin of my teethPride - AsexualHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
The Ooze Participant
10-24-2023, 11:51 AM
His talons hooked into the rock as he descended, only to pause when a flash of orange caught his gaze. It was hard to not see her, given how stark the colouring of her coat was and Levi was quick to wrinkle his nose. She was clearly big enough and ugly enough to look after herself, but she did look rather pathetic huddled up like that, an orange smear on the otherwise white landscape. Wolves were pretty good at keeping themselves warm, they were less likely to freeze than many other creatures since their coats were thick and insulated. She wasn't going to die out here, but he couldn't help but be a little snarky as he approached, old habits refusing to die at all.

"Do you dislike having all eighteen toes?" He asked her, gaze flitting across her form in obvious judgement.

Karaka

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
10-24-2023, 11:56 AM
Movement caught her eye, and she focused on the smallest wolf she had ever seen in her life. His coat was dark with rich golds, a trimming of her own colours. She sniffed again, pushing away the sadness in light of a new person to meet. The cold still made her nose drip, but she ignored it as she offered him a smile. A little hint of sunshine peeking over the horizon. 

"Why, do you need some?" She asked, moving a paw forward as if offering him some toes. And goodness, he really was incredibly small. She didn't realise adults came in that size. But she was happy for the distraction he posed.

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

The Ooze Participant
10-24-2023, 12:03 PM
"Tsk." Levi made a face, his ears flicking to the sides in a very Hanako-esque show of displeasure. Why would he want any of her toes? Carroty looking things as they were. "No." He pressed, annoyed that he even had to clarify that.  Instead, he pushed on, huffing slightly, wondering to himself why he was even bothering. There was a reason he didn't talk to many people, more often than not they were annoying to deal with and he left most encounters feeling as though time had effort had been wasted. "You just look pathetic huddled up like that."

Karaka

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
10-24-2023, 12:25 PM
The wolf seemed easily displeased. Her joke fell flat, and was met by tsking and folded ears. She hid a smile by tucking her cold nose behind a paw. It looked natural enough, the thing was dripping after all.

His sour disposition didn't phase her. She had after all been raised by a rather colourful wolf (in words and in coat) though he'd certainly tried to do his best by them. "Well, it is rather cold, and I am rather alone. But I promise I'll suffer less distractingly from now on" She vowed. The lightness in her tone was a jarring contrast to her words, likely leaving anyone wondering what the truth actually was.

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

The Ooze Participant
10-24-2023, 01:42 PM
Gross, she was one of those ray of sunshine types. Nothing could rain on her parade, not even a snow storm it seemed. Levi stood there, regarding her a moment longer before his gaze flit up to the sturdy wall she was taking shelter beneath. It worked well enough, considering the wind was blowing in the opposite direction, the worst of it rolling over the tundra towards the sea. She was hard to read and frankly, Levi wasn't sure she was even worth the effort. And yet he stayed, for one reason or another. He didn't think about it too hard.

"Doesn't your type have friends?" He simply couldn't pose a question without it sounding like some sort of accusation, words intended to cut and sink deep.

Karaka

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
10-24-2023, 02:26 PM
Raka was cold and heartsick, but she was determined to face this wolf's attitude with cheer. It did seem as if he'd invaded her little nook for no reason other than to rile her, but she faced this new experience with determination. Smiling across at the short wolf as he made stabs in the dark. 

This one did hit close to home a little, and she tilted her head to the side. Showing him a smile that spread across the shadows of her orange cheeks. "Nope, I've been cut loose. It's me myself and I. Why, were you hoping to audition?" She asked him cheekily. She couldn't fathom this wolf actually accepting her offer, but she offered it to him anyway.

Levi

Armada
Howler

Master Fighter (240)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Ali

The Ooze Participant
11-12-2023, 02:33 PM
Levi scoffed, his eyes rolling in an exaggerated display of annoyance. He wasn't quite as bad as his mother, but he sometimes did have a flair from the dramatics. Made it quite well known how he was feeling and pulled no punches, but at least in that you got what you saw. No hidden surprises.

"Absolutely not." He felt the need to say, to refute her aloud so no one could claim there was any miscommunication anywhere. "I don't even know why you'd want that, I'm not exactly company." Not even good company, or bad company. He made a point of being scarcely seen, hid in trees and watched from above. Places a woman as....large as her wouldn't be able to follow, thankfuly.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. little man is now sea's property The Wall 11:12 AM, 10-24-2023 03:18 AM, 02-13-2024