Beauregard

Garm

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2023, 10:03 PM

Nothing can stop me, move out of my way

Garm had brought himself down from the far north. Hugin flew overhead. And the male was padding at a gentle lope towards what his raven croaked at. His ruby eye glowing in the light of the setting sun. Hugin had promised the seafarer that there was a place like his home they marched towards. He'd better be right or he would eat bird for dinner.

The snows up north had set in and he had been enjoying that. His blind eye scanned the horizon as he came to a stop.

The half blind male settled his gaze on something that made him smirk. Gods above, these lands had them as well. Holy stones, raised and placed by the gods. He moved slower now. The summer of this land wasn't horrid but still not his favorite. The grasses were soft. Like Hugin had said.

Just like from his home.

He stopped and bowed his head to the stones before entering. Hugin landing on his shoulder with a low croak and fluffing up. Hugin knew what the viking was about to do. And invoking spirits was not always good in the birds mind. But it was how Garm had lived and dealt with being outcast. He stopped at the center of the stones. His eye going around them until he settled on one, it had massive clawlike marks. The war god. He had touched this one.

With a smirk he sent a loud song from deep in his lungs to this one. A howl of a song. Singing of a man who wanted to feel the power of war in his bones again. Then silence would drop like a knife from him when thunder would rumble in the distance. He had been heard. So he lowered his haunches, sitting and waiting. The gods knew what they were doing.

Walk, "talk", Think

Bloodlust is rising, hurricane in my veins

Code by Asena

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
10-14-2023, 03:43 PM

Beauregard had been traversing Auster, making his way around in search of wolves in need of a home, of purpose. He had met one such wolf in the land of aspens, and now, as he headed in the direction of the Runestones closer to Ethne’s territory, the man moved with purpose. Above him thick gray clouds shifted overhead. They brought with them the promise of a storm, but Beau would not seek shelter. Something pulled him in this direction. A hunch, perhaps, or the spirits he was starting to believe in more and more drawing him to this place. Whatever it was, the man felt he could not rest until he reached the uniquely marked stones of this land.

He was drawing close when a song rose to the heavens, toward the storm clouds and beyond. His ears perk, the song one he recognized. It was a surprise, but his grandfather, a man from outside his birthpack, sung the song before heading out against their enemies. The man, despite his age, fought hard to protect the pack, saying that the song would reach his god, and fill him with power. While Beau had never believed in such deities before, he was beginning to wonder about their existence. At the very least there were spirits… So why not gods? Why not dieties who created them, blessed them, or cursed them?

He would approach, body relaxed, gaze on the man who had called as thunder boomed in the distance. His blue eyes scanned his figure, curious. Red marked his fur, much like blood, and his toned physique spoke of a warrior. He had been right in recognizing the song. Once he was close enough, Beau addressed the man. “Battle song, a call to your god, correct?” He spoke respectfully, glancing at the marked stone before shifting it back to the man. “My grandfather sang that same song before dealing with our enemies. He always came back in one piece.” He tipped his head to the man.

“It is an honor to be in the presence of a warrior such as him. I am Beauregard Ravenwood. What is your name, stranger?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Garm

gems
size
build
player
10-18-2023, 07:18 PM

We will march into the night, We will roar our battle cries

The man sat in the summer winds after his song fell, for only a few moments before another joined him at the God stones. His half blind gaze turned to the newcomer slowly. Red and light pink meeting the man's blue gaze. The question sounded either rhetorical or from someone looking for confirmation about the battle song. He gave a short huffed snort at it. He couldn't dispute the second part though. Apparently this man's grandfather was of viking blood then it sounded.

He introduced himself and hugin he could feel fluff up on his shoulder. The namesake was familiar to neither of them. He nodded his head at the male though, storing the name away. "Well met then Beauregard..... you may call me Garm Järvson. And yes I am a warrior and in our homelands some would hail me a hero, and some a monster." his words were thick and accented with a heavy norse accent.

Walk, "talk", Think

Let the fear sink in their eyes

Code by Asena

Pixel

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

10-28-2023, 09:18 PM
The man turned to look at him, bearing the gaze of one that appeared half blind. Beauregard did not judge him for that, having been shown by both of his grandparents that you never underestimated another, and that a disability was only as hindering as a wolf allowed it to be. The short huff was noted, but Beauregard did not hold it against him. His grandfather had a similar response to such questions, having little patience for him seeking confirmation or stating the obvious. Garm… the name held a foreignness much like his grandfather’s own… as was his accent.

Beauregard gave a small shrug at his statement.“Grandfather Bjørn often said that it is not the tales of other men that determine who you are, but what you make of yourself.” His gaze shifted toward the stone that Garm stood before, his expression thoughtful as he continued. “...and as I took my pilgrimage, and carved a life of my own, I have seen the truth in his words. So I do not wish to know what others consider you, Garm.” Beauregard looked back to him, tilting his head to the side.

“But what is it you consider yourself?” There was a curious light in his gaze. Did the man consider himself an honorable warrior or a monster? And, if it were the latter, why? What path did Garm lead?

"Speech" 'Thought.'
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Garm

gems
size
build
player
11-02-2023, 06:18 PM

The ruby eyed man kept his half blind gaze on the younger. He could feel Hugin on his shoulder, his claws seeking purchase as he rearranged himself from the way Garm turned himself. The bird was lucky he was useful to the viking, or he would of been dinner long ago.

The man shifted his blue orbs from garm and to the stone of the ancestors and gods. His next words made Garm smirk and chuckle, sending the raven on his shoulder fluttering for balance. "I like your, how you say it in native tongue..... stuff.... no... spunk that's the word. The answer i have for you Beauregard Ravenwood, is i see myself as a man of righteous fury willing to do what it takes for true justice, But that's what makes me a monster. But I'm also a warrior who pillages and plunders what is necessary for me and mine." his one eyed gaze sought to keep the eyes of the younger, not a lie in them. A righteous fury burned in him as he pulled those memories forth of finding his brother bedding his bride. it was his right to kill them, but also it was his wrong to kill his brother.

such was the way of the viking world though.

"And what do you make of yourself?" it was an earnest question and could determine more of this boy and what he sought here today.

Walk, "talk", Think

Code by Asena

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

11-13-2023, 07:05 PM

When Garm answered him Beauregard watched him, reading his expression, considering his words. A man who did whatever he needed to do for survival of himself and those allied with him. A man who would do whatever it took for his and his own. Just like his grandfather it seemed. There was honesty within his eyes, and his words spoken with a calm truth. The man had nothing to hide, no reason to lie to Beauregard. They had no ties to each other before their meeting. Garm would turn the question back on the Artifex, and the man turned his gaze to the stone, his blue gaze clear as he spoke.

“I am a man who will be whatever I have to be for Norad and my mates. Be it lover, leader, protector, or even a monster, I will not hesitate to protect those I care for by any means necessary. I do not believe in holding back if the ones I care for are threatened.” He turned his gaze back to Garm. “...and if others see a monster in that, so be it. My pack is small, but we will not be victims. Not while there is breath in my lungs to defend them.” Beauregard drew in a breath.

“But I am not foolish enough to believe I am a god, nor do I possess the strength of one. If I am to protect my people, I will need strong allies.” Beau fixed the man before him with a look. “If I may be bold, Garm, you bear no pack or ally scent. Might I offer you a place to lay your head, and food for your belly, in return for your strength to protect what is ours?” It was an offer to join Norad, if the other man would take it.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Garm

gems
size
build
player
12-15-2023, 01:32 AM

Garm listened to the man's wordy speech on who and just what he was. Hmmmm, Garm could understand that. To an extent. After all it had been his "mate" as they called them here that had betrayed his trust. It was she who had made the man have to become the monster.

But Beauregard went on. A bold invitation set on the table for garm. "Very bold of you indeed, Ravenwood. But an interesting offer. Let's negotiate some things though.... one does not just accept such things without knowing what ranks they shall hold. And you as a king of men, should expect a man such as me to not be satisfied as a mere commoner." it was both him accepting the position in this man's pack but also not wanting to remain a commoner. Sure he was older but he was sure the man before him could understand ambition came with the life of a viking.

He nodded to the direction the man had come from. His haunches lifting and his paws moving. It was an invitation to show him the way to his new home and also to walk as they discussed things.

Walk, "talk", Think

Code by Asena

Pixel

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

12-19-2023, 09:25 AM

Beauregard listened as Garm gave his response, a nod of understanding given at his words. A proud warrior as a commoner would be an insult, but as the leader of his pack he could not simply give the man higher than the position of Knyvalus without testing his mettle. As he turned, beginning to walk with Garm in the direction of Norad, he hummed thoughtfully. "I would agree that a common rank would not suit you." He told the viking, his gaze flicking over to him.

"But I’d be a poor leader to hand you a more worthy rank without at least seeing your skill for myself, no?" And maybe he wanted to have a good fight against this man. This man who reminded him of his grandfather. His lips came up in a grin, a glint in his eye. "Honor me with battle and show your strength and I will grant you the rank of Knyvalys Dux - our lead warrior." His gaze flicked ahead. "...and if you’d like, we can get right to it once we are within Norad.” His ears twitched thoughtfully. If his hunch was correct, Garm would not back down from this opportunity.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Garm

gems
size
build
player
12-21-2023, 12:14 AM

He gave the man a glance with his good eye as he spoke. Indeed a commoner rank for a aged proud viking would be an insult. but his next statement had Garm chuckling. He would be a fool to just hand out the rank without reassurance from Garm. But Garm did quite like the way this deal sounded. He wouldn't be falling into another's paw steps, instead he would lead their armies. It would suit him well. His good eye set the man with a cold gaze that twinkled with the promise of a soul ready to die in battle. It was the light of a man who promised to die for his cause. But also the look of a man who had had life chew him up and spit him out, yet he came out as a stronger man who guarded many things about himself.

He asked Garm for a fight and Garm's lips spread in a grin. "We fight then, and I will show you why your armies will die for your home." He turned to face the man and he would waste no time. Beauregard must know battle was not about honor, so Beauregard be shown how Garm would lead his armies with intelligence and strength. It had been long since Garm had fought. Bought battle would make weary bones feel right again he knew.

-fight starts here-

Without hesitation he would lunge. Jaws parting as he aimed to grasp Beauregard on the side of his neck, His paws twisting his body as his paws came up, aiming for the man's limbs, hoping to make him double over and give Garm the upper paw in the situation, both men were around the same height but what Beauregard didn't have in Garm's mind was the intensity of a man who had lived as harsh a life as Garm had)that he knew of). Garm would not show him honor until the fight was won or lost. It was not how victories were won in the real world.

Beauregard was right about one thing, Garm would never back down from a challenge. Garm's hackles rose, and his eye narrowed. There was intensity out of the eye he could see from. A crazed look only a viking could hold in his opinion. His tail stood out, both in dominance and to act as a counterbalance for the man. His nails dug into the dirt, and his muscles were primed. He was a warrior who would make this man's armies ready to die in battle for their home. It was the Viking way. And if you were asking Garm to lead your armies then you were asking the man to make certain they all were ready for this possibility.

Walk, "talk", Think

Garm vs Beauregard for Rank/prove his mettle
Round 1/x
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Companion 2: Common Raven, Male - Flying [Perception]
Disability: Partial blindness - Moderate
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Navigator

Code by Asena

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

01-06-2024, 01:36 PM

Beauregard had expected to make it home before their battle would begin, but a shift in demeanor and energy alerted him to the coming attack. Garm lunged for him and Beauregard would spin to face him, instinctively releasing a snarl as his body curled in toward itself in a “u”-like shape to face his opponent. Hackles immediately rose and stood on end, ears falling back to guard them from bites, eyes narrowing. His weight would not be as evenly distributed in this position, but he was more worried about countering the attack than doing damage in that moment. His outer legs (toward the back of the “u” shape and away from Garm) dug into the earth at a slight lean as Garm aimed for his limbs. He felt a paw hook his leg and rolled with it, allowing himself to be pulled forward as he dropped his head… and then immediately thrust it up toward Garm’s jaws. He wanted to not only attempt to avoid the bite by offsetting the jaws, but if he hit them right then his attack just might cause some bruising to be worried about later on. Beauregard was still young, but there was passion in his battles. Fueled by the desire to protect those he cared for, no battle against him would be won without resistance.

----------------------------------------------

Beauregard vs Garm for testing Garm’s mettle
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Curved blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather arm wraps
Companion 1: BlueJay, Female - Perception
Companion 2: Arctic fox, Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Expert Intellectual
Specialty: N/A

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Garm

gems
size
build
player
01-16-2024, 01:33 AM

The viking saw as Beauregard pulled out of the way of his jaws and used his attempt to unbalance the Artifex to make a counter attack to Garm's sudden onslaught. He saw it and he grinned as he closed those jaws and angled his head away from the other male's so as to avoid the majority of the damage. He turned his body then as he avoided the other and aimed a slam from not only momentum but putting his own weight behind the hit. He hoped to throw the man to the ground and cause minor bruising. He was more than willing to land on top of the other too, in fact he almost hoped he would end up with his ass on the other. Garm was a very heavy male and having him sit on you would be not only embarrassing but limiting.

The viking lived for this sort of thing. Fighting was in his blood. His shoulders rolled forwards as his dorsal fur stood aloft. His ears pressed into the raised fur, and his tail acted like a rudder behind the man as he fought. His eyes both narrowed though he only saw out of the one. His mouth remained closed from his head swinging as it had but his muzzle wrinkled to expose his aged teeth. there wasn't a real malice to his face though. He knew when a fight should be treated as deadly and when it should be treated as friendly. Though he wasn't about to not treat this as if the two of them weren't still fighting. Not until one had come out on top.

Walk, "talk", Think

Garm vs Beauregard for Rank/prove his mettle
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Companion 2: Common Raven, Male - Flying [Perception]
Disability: Partial blindness - Moderate
Skills: Beginner Fighter & Beginner Navigator

Code by Asena

Pixel

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

02-08-2024, 10:09 PM

Beauregard could feel excitement pulsing through his entire body as Garm twisted his body away as he read the attack. The Artifex expected a challenge, but if Garm was hoping to use his heavier weight as his main advantage he was going to be disappointed. Beauregard was strong, stubborn, and young. Even as Garm slammed into him Beauregard was reacting instinctually. He rolled back, and as he did so, the other male coming down, Beauregard would kick his limbs out to catch him. His goal was to not only catch Garm, but rock with the moment to toss the other male over his head as a finishing move. It would leave them both on the ground. A grin lingered on his face - this was the sort of good natured spat he lived for!

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Beauregard vs Garm for testing Garm’s mettle
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Curved blade
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather arm wraps
Companion 1: BlueJay, Female - Perception
Companion 2: Arctic fox, Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Expert Intellectual
Specialty: N/A

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-18-2024, 03:24 PM

And the winner is...

Beauregard

Garm must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Beauregard:
Attack Roll: 45
Defense Roll: 94
Agility Roll: 29
Perception Roll: 65
Total: 233
Attack[45] + 25% Bonus[11.25]: 56.25
Defense[94] + 15% Bonus[14.10]: 108.10
Agility[29] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 29.00
Perception[65] + 30% Bonus[19.50]: 84.50
Total[277.85] + 20% Bonus[55.57]: 333.42