Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
09-06-2023, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 06:35 PM by Beauregard. Edited 2 times in total.)
Beau had made it past The Bifrost and avoided the prickly land beside it. But as he, Blind, and Trill entered a new territory he was looking out with fascination at the landscape. He could spy at least two holes, the suggestion of a warren in the area. But having come this way they needed to rest. The man would settle in a patch of soft grass as Blind settled beside him. The fox was a spitfire, but an aid. He was grateful for her, just as he was for Trill. The bird settled on him and Beauregard looked out across the prairie, drinking in the landscape. It was pretty here, and it seemed as though pretty might be easy to find here. Once they had rested a quick meal would be in order, and it looked as though rabbit was at the top of the menu. Unless he happened across someone who could help him with something bigger.
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Irving

gems
size
build
player
09-06-2023, 01:39 PM

Being out in the open wasn't necessarily his favorite thing, but the nearby rivers had flooded. If he wanted to be stuck in the trees, sure he could've stayed, but he depended on food. Was his stomach always this rumbly? Forcing himself to go out into the prairie, he could see the trails of different rabbits from his position. Unlike most of the wolves and even cats he'd seen, he was rather... small. Made it easier to hide, to sneak, to maneuver. He didn't mind it until someone tried to attack him. Which wasn't often, but often enough that it made him wary of strangers.

Speaking of strangers... His ears and nose caught the scent and noise of someone else. A soft rustle in the dried grass as winter came in as a dreary and wet force. Peeking over the top of said grass, he spotted the wolf and his companions not far off. They always said curiosity killed the cat, but maybe he had food. His belly rumbles again to remind him that he definitely needs to find something. Carefully, Irving starts toward the stranger and stops a few feet away, ducking down into the grass so he can't be seen other than the grass moving about softly.

"You friendly?" Irving calls out before once more peeking over the tall grass with his tail twitching nervously.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

09-06-2023, 01:53 PM

The sound of the grass rustling didn’t alert Beauregard at first. He allowed his guard to lower, at least until Trill moved to his head and began to give him the signal for attention. A voice reached him, and Beau would turn his head in the direction it came from. He didn’t see anyone, and whoever it was had crouched down. Blind growled, but Beau ignored that. His ears perked forward, catching the scent of a feline. They were trying to hide, likely making sure he was safe before revealing themselves. “I am if I’m not given reason to believe the one approaching me isn’t trying to cause me or my companions harm.” He chuckled softly. “So don’t try to eat my bird and fox and we’ll get along fine. You can come out. We’re not going to hurt you either.”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Irving

gems
size
build
player
09-07-2023, 11:54 AM

At first, he hesitates. The wolf sounds friendly enough, but the chittering companions try to convince him otherwise. He wasn't much for other canines or birds, the feathered ones usually ended up too gamy for him anyway. He contemplates for a few more moments before approaching. Sliding out of the taller grass area toward where the wolf rested, Irving gives him an apprehensive look. His tail still twitches behind him as he comes to sit a few feet away from Beau and his friends. Letting his gaze linger on the wolf, he cares not for the companions.

"Don' see much wolves 'round these parts lately," Irving comments as he lets his head tilt to the side slightly. It was a conversation piece, a way to seek out information because, in all actuality, Irving literally had no idea how often wolves passed through the prairie. However, it did seem rather unlikely that many did considering it would leave them out in the open instead of safely in the shadows of the treeline. "Then 'gain, don' see many felines either," he jokes with a little snort of a laugh following behind.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

10-15-2023, 11:15 PM

A moment passes without movement, and Beau wonders if the feline will emerge from where he is hiding. The man waits Blind shifting with more interest to see if the other predator appears. Sure enough, given time, he does. He is a leopard, and Beauregard dips his head to the cat. The stranger states that he hadn’t seen many wolves around the area, which matches what Beau had observed. He frowns, giving a nod, as the leopard follows up with a joke, saying that he hasn’t seen many felines either. This causes Beau to chuckle, though Blind rolls her eyes.

“I haven’t seen nor scented any other wolves or felines on my trip through this land, though there is definitely prey scuttling about. I’m from Auster, the continent further south.” He motions with his muzzle and then looks back to the leopard. “I am Beau, and these are my companions, Blind,” He motioned to the fox. “And Trill.” He motioned to the jay. “Who do we have the pleasure of speaking with?” He asked, gaze fixing on the leopard once more.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Irving

gems
size
build
player
10-23-2023, 11:06 AM

Irving's interest is caught when the man talks about noticing prey. That too had been noticed by the feline and he can't help but glance around the prairie. Though the grass is tall, the breeze is strong enough to carry various scents such as rabbit, deer, and mouse to him. A thoughtful hum leaves him as Beau introduces himself and his companions and mentions that he is from Auster. Then he looks to the two companions before looking back at Beau. His tail still twitches as he considers if this Beau wolf is safe enough to trust - at least enough to help get a bite to eat.

"Pleasure Beau, I'm Irving," he fixes Beau with his standard cheesy smile where his lips pull up a bit too far, but match his personality. "I don' get down ta Auster very much. Ten' to stick 'round that big ol' river not far from here," Irving mentions as he lets his gaze wander for a few moments. Quietly, his belly rumbles and he wishes it would shut up. "If yer from Aus'er, what brings ya up 'ere?" Looking back at Beau, he tries to relax, but that wary piece of him keeps him on guard.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

10-28-2023, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 09:21 PM by Beauregard. Edited 1 time in total.)

The leopard introduces himself as Irving, followed by a cheesy smile that Beauregard can’t help but give a soft chuckle at. The cat seems to be an odd one, with an accent different from others he has heard, but the wolf finds that a bit charming. But unlike himself, the leopard chose to stick to Boreas. He notices the belly rumble, but before he chooses to bring that up he chooses to answer Irving’s question. Would be a bit rude to just blow it off, right? “I’m hoping to start a pack to help out the one that helped me and my mate out. Well, both as support for them, and to make a life for me and my mates.” Dual purpose, really.

“Checking some things out here before I stake a claim. You want to have a good idea of what other sorts of packs might be around.” He got to his paws which earned him a look from Blind. Trill to the skies, and Beauregard let her move on her own with a soft chuckle. “If I might be bold though, Irving, sounds like you could use a meal, and having some food before we continue onward wouldn’t be a bad idea. We have no idea how far we’re going to go. How about we team up and bring down a deer? We’d have better luck with larger prey if we worked together.” Blind groans, but gets to her paws.

“Yeah, guess that’s fair… You’re not going to like me if I get hungry, kid.” The words are directed at Beau, who just smile’s at the fox’s sass. He’s used to Blind’s nature by now.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Irving

gems
size
build
player
11-08-2023, 09:20 AM

"Ah, good on ya," Irving comments good-naturedly though he will refrain from admitting that the idea of a pack makes his stomach sour. Too many bodies in one place. He would rather be on his own as lonely as it got, he survived. The occasional interaction, such as this one, sufficed enough that he didn't feel the stabbing pain of loneliness too often. Before he could dwell too long on emotions he cared not to admit, Beau was suggesting that they hunt a deer.

Now his interest was piqued. How long had it been since he had tasted deer? Too long! He ignores the quip from the fox because well, he's not fond of foxes anyway. Snarky and sly creatures they were in his opinion. Instead, he focuses on Beau, getting to his paws and stretching out his muscles with a long bowing motion. "Yer speakin' my language!" Irving says back with that cheeky grin once more. His tail is already twitching as he turns his pale blues toward the prairie they stand in. "Hows you wanna go 'bout it?" He asks, curious to see what tactic the wolf would have for hunting.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

12-27-2023, 06:23 PM

Well, at least Irving seems interested in working together to bring down the deer. A good meal would do them all good. As Irving asks how he wants to go about it, Beauregard thinks. “I feel like an ambush hunt would do us the most good but…” He frowns a bit, brow furrowing. He didn’t want Irving in danger by having him take on a role he couldn’t do as easily. Cats were fast though, so maybe he’d be good at startling the deer in his direction? Or… hmm… Irving was small enough to hide easily in the grasses. Maybe it would be better if he and Blind chased the thing over to the cat lying in wait. “If you hid in these grasses, and Blind and I chased the deer over to you, do you think you’d be able to take one out?” He asked. They’d need to go for a fawn or younger deer, but that would be enough for the three of them.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Rest and a bite to eat? Algoma Prairie 11:15 AM, 09-06-2023 07:56 AM, 01-30-2024