size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-01-2023, 10:43 PM

She was tired. Age had caught up to her at last, and the once vibrant woman was worn down and weathered. Gray and white hairs peppered her face, her gaze was dull, and her frame thinner than it used to be. Her right eye had naturally gone blind due to her age, and the left seemed to follow suit, but so far...she could still see from it. For how much longer, she didn't know, but she had to accept the changes even if she didn't want to. She had traveled all over, but the older she got, the more difficult it got to move around as much. She rested more than she was on the move, her aching joints and the pains that had plaguing her made it very hard for her to constantly be on the move. After Aerie had disbanded in both forms, Paradise traveled with her small daughter for a time but eventually returned to Boreas and lied to her child that she would be fine and had somewhere to go so that her child wouldn't worry about her.

She didn't want to keep her children tied down to a life of caring for her, so she did what she had to before making her way to Auster. Here she stayed for a few seasons...and in that time, much had happened. One of them was another pack that had cropped up at some point, and though she had not made contact, her jaguar companion had scoped them out from afar along with the other packs in Auster. There were a few promising packs...though she was hesitant to approach any of them. Would they accept an old wolf who simply wanted to retire until she died? Everyone she had known was gone. With the exception of her children, of course.

She curled in on herself within the old den she had found, shuddering from the chill outside, and coughing into her fur. She was sick, and although she tried to ride it out, it wasn't getting any better. After a couple of weeks of dealing with it, her jaguar had at last managed to convince her to at least seek out medical attention. Surely the pack had a healer to give her something to help?

She slowly hobbled her way to the border, struggling to catch her breath before she collapsed on their border. Too weak to call, her jaguar opted to summon someone, anyone, to come help.

"Talk" "You" Think
Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
12-01-2023, 11:52 PM

The poor woman might not have been noticed at all were it not for Beauregard’s companion, Trill. The jay had been flying over the border of the territory, a quick patrol for the Artifex. Beauregard had been curled around his lovers and the puppies, starting to doze off when she had left. Blind, being the troublemaker she was, had gone elsewhere in the territory. Not that the bird could blame Beau for wanting to be with his new family. She had found where Bellatrix was playing and had started flying further out when the hobbling figure of orange and black caught her attention. They moved towards the borders and honestly… The wolf didn’t look good at all. Their way of walking was off. The jay wasn’t an expert on wolves by any means, but this wolf looked hurt. Hearing the call of the woman’s companion, Trill banked back towards the dwelling that had been made for Beau and his family, her calls quickly rousing him.

The man heard urgency in her tone. Though Trill only spoke in birdfolk Beauregard could tell she needed him to follow, and by how she flew it appeared urgent. The man quickened his pace, rushing past the water and trees. They were heading in the direction of the border, and the man furrowed his brow as he followed. Surely no wolf was attempting to sneak into Norad? No, he quickly realized. The urgency Trill displayed was not the fear of a threat. This was different… So what could she have seen that had her come to get him? His blue gaze scanned the horizon… and then he saw the figure on the ground.

Beauregard rushed to the woman’s side as Trill circled overhead. He had barely noticed the companion that had been with her yet, more focused on her exhaustion and weakness. His ears lowered. This wasn’t good… he needed to get her to Noelle, get her food and water. He could pick up the raspy breathing that accompanied a cough too. It took him seconds to assess her situation, and then thanks to Trill he took notice of her companion. Beau shifted his gaze to the jaguar. “I am going to move her into our lands. We have a healer, but I’d like her to not have to come too far. I’d like you to come with us, tell us what you can about her condition and how long she’s been this way.” While she could see at least somewhere, he worried about her blindness. His gaze shifted to the woman, those blue orbs softening.

“Ma’am, we’re going to get you some help. I’m going to carry you, alright? Just hang on.” He lowered himself to the earth, carefully shifting her body so that she would lay across his back. He was careful, not wanting to cause her any pain. She was so light, sickness and age not doing her many favors it seemed. Once she was settled across his back the man glanced at the jaguar again, hoping that they would follow his lead to Noelle’s den.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

1KThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Hit!
12-02-2023, 02:33 PM
Henry

Things had been quiet aside from the wriggling little ones they’d been watching after. Payday and Kaiju normally went out scouting while Henry was hanging out with the pups and their little surrogate dog. However he’d gotten a bit bored and got up to wander. When payday came around to let the male know what was going on. An injured stranger at the border. Yet when Henry did arrive dear heavens Beau was already on the case. Turning to the Jaguar.

"Just let me know what I can do to help." Henry stood tall his tail curled up behind him. He turned to his beloved and decided to try and help support Pandora. Being a kind of spotter and there to make sure nothing happened while they went to the healers den. This old woman needed help as Payday frowned in concern.
Lan has DID and can switch personalities without notice
Mika is considered rated M
Beau may enter any threads as their partner

Paradise

Somnium

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Advanced Navigator (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-31-2023, 11:53 PM
She shivered as her breathing became labored. Confusion settled in as she struggled to remain conscious. Her vision faded in and out as exhaustion from the short trek here took over. She tried to find her companion who stood protectively beside her, and as help arrived, she could only hear muffled voices. Strangers approached her, and at first she tensed in alarm. She didn't recognize them as help at first, and worried that Astrid was going to have to fight alone in an effort to protect her. With haste, she was being moved. Lifted onto the back of the stranger. "Her name is Paradise, she has been sick for a few weeks now, and it's only getting worse." Astrid explained as she helped get Paradise onto the strangers back, wasting no time in accepting the aid. She had no time to sit and determine whether or not they were good or bad people. But she had been watching, and they seemed nice...she hoped.

"I suspect pneumonia, and old and frail as she is, I'm afraid she is near death without your packs help...I'm sorry to intrude like this, but I am desperate!" She pleaded before another wolf showed up. She nodded to the other wolf as she followed them into the territory. "Just make sure she lives..." She had been caring for her old charge for some time now, and was generally above asking for the help of others after Aerie disbanded twice. "Do what you need to do. My permission is granted."
Tracker
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
01-05-2024, 04:10 PM

With the woman in place upon his back, Beauregard felt his stomach tighten. To be elderly and sick, especially in mid-autumn, things did not bode well. But he would do his damndest to make her comfortable here. She would be taken into Norad, offered a home if she wished, and given peace to live out what life she had left. The jaguar who had been with her gave her name as Paradise and had helped the poor woman onto his back. A name he would remember. His gaze softened as the jaguar apologized, a shake of his head given. “Norad may not be a haven, but only the wicked would turn their back on her now. Be at peace - we will do all we can for her.” His promise was given, just as one of his mates appeared at his side.

Beauregard gave a small nod to Henry, already beginning to move in the direction of their Augmentus. “It will be needed, my love. Fetch a skin and bring some clean water - the biggest we have… Bring one of the spare furs from our hut, too. We will meet you at Noelle’s den.” The woman was out cold. He just prayed they wouldn't be too late to help her. He quickened his pace, well, as much as he could without jostling the woman on his back, and crossed through the lands until he had arrived at Noelle’s den. A raspy bark was given to let the healer know he was there before his tongue lolled out of his mouth as the man attempted to catch his breath.

"Speech," 'Thought.'
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Noelle

Loner

Intermediate Healer (30)

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-10-2024, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 01:07 AM by Noelle. Edited 1 time in total.)

She was in her den, sorting through some of the herbs that she had collected since she had arrived in Norad, and organizing them. She made note of what she needed still, and how she was going to store her things. She hadn't brought anything with her after leaving Valhalla's old lands, so she needed to find or trade for some new jars and other containers to store her precious herbs, and so she could make tinctures and her special liquid medications. She didn't feel right asking Amorielle, or anyone really, to make the journey to her old pack lands in the hopes that her stuff would still be there. No doubt those lands would have been picked clean by now, unless the Nomads or someone had kept scavengers from doing so.

As she was separating some of her things, her ears twitched at the sound of her new alpha's voice, and it sounded urgent. Curious, she went to meet her visitor, and was surprised to find quite the small crowd outside. She spotted the dull, exotic pelt draped across Beau's back and for a moment, thought it might have been a tiger he had killed, but as she tilted her head to the side, realized it was a she-wolf. "What is happening? Is she alright?" She couldn't quite tell with the strong stench of herb still in her nose, and the mixed scents of the group at her door...not to mention her poor vision. But she at least had a little sense to feel like something wasn't right.

"Noelle Destruction"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Remember Yesterday Cedar Falls 10:43 PM, 12-01-2023 07:31 AM, 03-05-2024