size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-21-2023, 01:46 AM

A new spring morning and the scent of dew was strong and pleasant.  Droplets of water glimmered on the blades of grass so that as the sun rose its rays created a shimmering effect across the landscape.  The weather was cool but with little wind to speak of.  

Kotori had met several of the new members of the pack and today he intended to meet yet another.  Kotori mad his way to the water's edge near the bridge.  Howling, he called for Nao.  It was time to get an official update on who Nao was and what he could offer to the pack.

"Kotori Fatalis"
[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - Bisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
12-03-2023, 08:15 PM

The summons was unfamiliar to him, and Nao was not privy to the change in leadership that had occurred recently. Until recently, he'd been spending a great deal of time coming and going, hardly any attention paid to the goings on within the boundaries of the pack. Now, with the children that had been so recently dropped into his lap, he wasn't paying attention for entirely new reasons. Regardless, he was a good little slave and came when called. Paws quickly soaked in the cool morning dew, and breath clouding his vision in short puffs of mist, he moved quietly through the territories of the packlands.

The cold blue eyes of the large male who awaited him were painfully familiar. He resented the Fatalis stare from the moment he found himself pinned by it. Regardless, he knew his place. Always had. Always would. The wraith dipped his dark crown respectfully to the male, whose stance spoke of authority. "Satoru Nao, at your service." he uttered the words carefully, sea foam eyes carefully scanning the man's features as he awaited a response.

""

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-03-2023, 08:33 PM

The response was prompt and Kotori watched as the wolf approached.  He was on the small side but Kotori knew several small wolves who he respected.  This wolf lacked something they had.  Well, they had only just met and they had just met.  Maybe he was looking for the worst in him since the man had helped bring pups into Kotori’s pack before the Sumatar had his own children.  Kotori did approve of a respectful greeting and certainly he’d given that.

“Satoru, I am Kotori Fatalis, Sumatar for Valta.  Asla was watching over it for me in my temporary absence.  You joined Valta while I was away.  Tell me about yourself.  Your interest, what you can offer Valta of your own skills, your areas you need improvement.  I need to know who you are.” All the more important when this wolf was to raise pups in the pack.  Did he realize how important it was they were raised right?

Kotori kept his gaze firmly on Nao as he spoke.  His interest wasn’t just the answers but how he answered.  Confident, hesitant, slow or fast.  Did he keep his eyes on Kotori or look away?  

"Kotori"

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - Bisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
12-03-2023, 08:55 PM

The introduction was prompt, and confirmed the suspicions he'd been harbouring. Mojito had been upfront about the leadership of the pack being quite closely linked with that of the Armada. Changing hands from one of Sirius' lineage to the next, and he would simply grin and bear it all the while. For love, and for the safety of his new children. Another Fatalis pack, another icy stare constantly assessing his every movement. Already he chafed under the man's gaze, the measured tone of voice that was still rife with condescension. The wraith squared his shoulders subtly, flexing the lithe musculature to stand with head up and ears forward, a familiar carriage from his meetings with generals and soldiers many years prior. He listened, he drank it all in, made note of tone and expression. Endeavoured to keep emotion out of this interaction.

Clearing his throat, he nodded his curt assent. "I was a warrior once, though I dealt in political assassinations more than the battlefield." he was turning over a new leaf, and so he would make an effort to be forthcoming. Never the full truth, and never the entirety of the truth, but he would not hide his past the way he used to. "Since coming to these lands, I have spent most of my time as a hunter and a fisher- my family used to trade in sea foods. I find it preferable to warfare, especially now that I have a.. mate. And a family." the words still tasted odd on his tongue, unfamiliar. They were soft words, smoothed by aeons of love across generations and miles, unsuited for one such as himself. Yet they were his now, and he would not forsake them.

He traced the planes of Kotori's face, seeking the subtle changes that would tell him how his admissions were being received. They had usually been subtle with Sirius, but nonetheless present once he knew what to search for. Perhaps it would be a similar game with Kotori. "I am willing to submit to any assessments you may choose, Sumatar." he finally said, the tip of his tail flicking idly as he awaited a decision of some type, whatever that might be.

""

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-03-2023, 09:30 PM

Nao’s demeanor changed some on Kotori explaining who he was.  The more formal attentiveness was a good sign that the smaller wolf might fit well in Valta.  It was only one small detail but still an important one.  Since Kotori trusted Asla it would be a surprise if the wolf was overly foolish so, this was to be expected.              

He was a warrior in the past, but now now?  The mention of political assassination was also of interest.  This wolf didn’t appear much older than Kotori but he didn’t recall any talk of anyone important being assassinated.  Did that mean he wasn’t initially from Boreas or had Kotori missed something important in the past?  It wasn’t impossible since Kotori had been rather focused on himself as a child.

There it was, since coming to ‘these lands’ the man had chosen to focus on hunting skills.  Well, if the man liked fishing he certainly was in a good place.  Fish was something plentiful on Valta land with all the waterways.  The horned wolf preferred fighting over all other skills but he wasn’t so foolish as to think a pack could operate when the only thing focused on was war.  If the man was good at fishing then let him improve that skill till he was the best fisher in Boreas.

Kotori kept his expression formal, his body with that air of authority.  The wolf's last words were surprising a bit more.  Damn straight any wolf should submit to whatever Kotori said but he hadn’t questioned Nao listening to his orders.  
Kotori remained silent for several seconds, pondering Nao’s words.  “You and I shall go on a hunt together.  You’ll lead and I’ll take your instruction on how to back you up.  I want to see your skills.  As long as you are competent I’ll give you the rank Raita, a hunter.”  Factual words that offered little of his feelings about Nao yet.

He wasn’t done yet though, “Nao, I have no reason to doubt you will follow my orders.”  The tone had less formality to it, calm and assuring.  “I trust my sister, she wouldn’t let a troublemaker into Valta.  So long as you work hard, remain respectful, and show well amongst wolves in or out of the pack then I’ll be happy to have you as a member of Valta.”   Valta would likely remain well stocked on food with its good supply of hunters.  Even better he had some fighting skills.  Maybe Kotori would test that next.                                                                                                                                                                                                     
"Kotori Fatalis"

Nao

Obscura
Vassal

Advanced Fighter (90)

Advanced Hunter (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Virgil

12-03-2023, 10:02 PM

The Sumatar didn't waver, maintaining his neutral expression and squared shoulders. Unsurprising, considering his family and its authority. No matter, so long as he didn't begin to develop that air of superiority that so frequently plagued those in lofty positions of the hierarchy. That may well be the nail in the coffin for Nao's ability to tolerate pack life, even with a family to provide for now. So he maintained his own stony mask, held himself in check. Paid careful attention to the man's words. There was, indeed, a test of skill to follow this meeting. The prospect of hunting with someone else was not entirely unfamiliar, but he was uncertain that he would find himself conducting the sort of hunt that a man like Kotori would be used to. After all, large game was not his speciality in the way that it was for most of the wolves that lived here.

Dark cranium dipped in a simple nod of understanding, and he paid careful attention to what followed. Mint eyes narrowed slightly at the breach of manners that came with the Sumatar's use of his given name, something typically reserved for close friends and family. He forced himself to mind his judgement- given names were used around here, he was well aware of that. Not many would know to follow his own customs. So he let it be. There were worse things to worry about. The larger man assured him that he needed only to maintain a respect for the other members and the pack's rules in order to be welcome among its ranks, which seemed simple enough to him.

"I understand." he uttered the words curtly, with a small dip of his head. The shade waited a beat, to ensure there was nothing else that needed to be said. In that event, he cast his attention to the skies for a moment. There was plenty of time in the day, and he didn't see much in the way of heavy clouds that would indicate a storm. Best to head out immediately, so that he could get home to his family before Mojito started to worry. "If you would follow me, we should head to the sea for this hunt." the man lifted a dark paw to gesture for Kotori to follow, before he set off at an even trot towards the familiar boundaries of the coast.

-exit Nao unless stopped-

""

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

12-03-2023, 10:44 PM

Kotori was pleased with Nao’s disposition toward formality.  Feeling more confident that the wolf would be a reliable member of his pack.  However, Kotori did not miss the narrowing of Nao’s eyes when Kotori spoke his name.  The man hadn’t reacted that way when he called him Satoru.  So, was that what he preferred to go by?  Despite his apparent displeasure about the name Nao didn’t actually state his displeasure.

Quick to act Nao had looked to the sky, presumedly for the weather then told the Sumatar they should go.  Kotori had expected they’d head to one of the grassy areas to hunt.  Deer was certainly one of the most commonly thought-up prey to hunt for.  Kotori found his curiosity piqued and followed Nao towards the sea without comment.  What was the last thing he’d faced off against along a beach?  The first thing that came to his mind was hardly a hunt.  He’d fought crocodiles on the beach but as to hunt the closest would be fishing.

This could be interesting.  Hopefully, it would also be fun.  Later they might discuss his communication skills.  If the man had a name preference then Nao needed to tell Kotori.  The sumatar was arrogant but not psychic or all-knowing.

"Kotori"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Nao its your turn Monument Rapids 01:46 AM, 11-21-2023 12:43 AM, 07-03-2024