ardent

So when were you planning on telling me?

Scald

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

VengeanceCritical Observation!1KLoserCritical Fail!Pride - Pansexual
11-03-2023, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 01:50 PM by Flurry. Edited 3 times in total.)
Flurry listened numbly to the remaining echo of her yell as it bounced off of the walls of one of the resort buildings. The longer Flurry tried to reign her emotions in the longer she was really just stewing in them. She'd asked Deluge not to tell Scald she knew they were all leaving... And she had no fucking clue if she had or hadn't, it wasn't like she'd seen much of Scald lately. She knew it was also at least half on her but damn, after one brother had simply fucked off with not even a fucking goodbye was it too much to ask the other one not do that? She should have just sought him out, told him she knew and was a little hurt he hadn't bothered to tell her... And now the day they were leaving was looming, Flurry didn't know exactly when it would be but winter was ending, and Deluge had said no later than spring... She was trying to finally take things into her own paws, she'd talk to her brother one way or the other but- Well fuck the idea of doing so made her so fucking angry! She didn't want the last conversations with Scald for who knew how long to be in anger.

But nothing was fucking working! Yelling just left her feeling hollow. There was no logic happening when her emotions were this strong. Hell she'd even slammed herself into walls and all it left her with was bruises. "Motherfucker!" Flurry shouted, she'd picked one of the buildings further in the island, one that by the smell of it wasn't visited often. Not because she cared if anyone heard her but because she was trying to get herself under control before she approached anyone, she was trying to not just unload her wrath on anyone, even Scald. Assuming she could even find him, he'd been keeping himself off pack lands as of late it seemed. Surprise, surprise this scream hadn't helped either. Flurry was so... tired. Her shoulder slammed into a nearby wall but it was more because she was letting herself enter into a controlled fall than anything else, sliding down the wall until she collapsed in a vaguely Flurry shaped puddle on the floor. Maybe it wasn't anger, maybe it was pain. She'd been learning just how out of the loop she really was. Everyone else got to know what was happening but her. She was supposed to be working to take over from her father and he didn't even care enough to tell her about decisions he'd made, ones that would in the end also affect her. He just did shit, fuck the consequences and fuck her right? And frankly Scald wasn't innocent in this either. He was tearing rifts in their lives and he didn't even bother to give her a heads up. She didn't know what had caused Rexx to leave but she blamed him too, not a single word on what had happened to make him bounce out of their lives like they were worthless... Everyone got context but her, all she got was having her life upended out of nowhere, and each time felt like a slap to the face. And she was to blame for not just seeking Scald out and just getting the context she was missing, but damn, could you blame a girl for assuming she'd not get it anyways?

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (450)

Master Navigator (354)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

Critical Fail!UnderachieverSamhain 2022
12-14-2023, 10:51 AM
As of late, Scald had very much not been home. It wasn't anyone's fault but his own. Something about growing into himself and not wanting to be in his father's shadow. Or some other bullshit excuse to hide the fact that he could care less about being the better sibling. He very much was okay with following after Deluge and supporting her decision to start a band. Becoming a wandering vagabond sounded a hell of a lot better than moping around the isle. What good would he be here if Flurry wanted the throne anyway? Be her lacky too? Not that he was made for much more than that anyway, but sticking in one place wasn't really his thing anymore.

He tried not to mull over such things for too long, but when he heard the echo of a familiar voice screaming into the void, his ears instinctually flicked backward. Well shit. Maybe he should get the whole saying good bye to Flurry over with so he could move on without any regrets. Not that he had much... Okay that was a lie, but he wasn't ready to talk about Rexx. That damn brother of his. Fuck him.

Feeling rather disgruntled, Scald took his time making his way to where he had heard Flurry's voice. No doubt she would be right pissed off so he decided to brace for any impact she might throw his way. A broken bottle, rock, shell, whatever was within her reach he would guess. Coming to stand outside of the building where he can smell her and maybe a tinge of... emotion? He can't quite place it, but inhales deeply anyway before pushing his snout through the doorway to peer inside.

"Flurr? Ya good?" Scald takes one hesitant step inside as he lets his eyes adjust to see where his sister was lingering.

RAISE A LIL' HELL

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

VengeanceCritical Observation!1KLoserCritical Fail!Pride - Pansexual
12-21-2023, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2024, 01:50 PM by Flurry. Edited 1 time in total.)
She wasn't crying, not even if the tears were hot with her anger. Definitely not crying. It seemed that if you invoked the devil enough that would finally summon him and Flurry practically jumped as her brother's voice called out to her, her head flying up from where she'd been hiding it in her forelimbs. Flurry hoped for Scald's sake he'd not say a single damn thing about the obvious tear tracks and reddened eyes. "Oh yeah." Her voice was sharp, even the sarcasm seeming barbed. Flurry rose up to sitting, not wanting to give her brother a moment longer of obvious weakness. "Obviously, I'm doing great." A fore paw lifted to swipe at her eyes, wanting to erase any sign of any emotion that wasn't frustration and anger. "Finally remembered you have another sister did you?" She was being unfair and a bitch but it was about all she had left at this point to keep herself from just falling back into sobs which wouldn't have helped either of them. She also wasn't making her grievances clear, but hey she was doing her best considering, it wasn't exactly like anyone had ever modelled healthy emotional regulation to them. Anger was the currency around here for when things weren't lighthearted and fun and could anyone blame her for doing the only thing she'd learned? Yes, they could. Didn't make it any easier to do anything but get angry.  

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Scald

Raiders Hollow
The Crow

Master Fighter (450)

Master Navigator (354)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bunni

Critical Fail!UnderachieverSamhain 2022
02-05-2024, 05:59 AM
It's dim in the room so he has a hard time seeing her at first, but from the muffled sniffles behind her paw, he has a feeling she'd been crying. His brows knit together, confused as he slides all the way into the room. Closing whatever door there was behind him, he also comes to sit as she pulls herself up into the same position. He tilts his head to the side as her sarcastically barbed words are shot straight for him. Why couldn't she just be honest? If she weren't okay, just spit it out.

Flurry's last statement though has him rolling his eyes and letting out a sigh. "Flurry, c'mon, don't be childish," Scald retorts, his teeth clenching together as he stares right at his sister. She had always been a bit more dramatic than Deluge. "I'm busy, you're busy, everyone is busy. Deluge offered for you to go as well so not like you were left out," his voice is firm as he then lets his gaze linger around the shadowed room. "I've always had a soft spot for ya sis, you know that," he wasn't lying. "Besides, I ain't left yet so why you want the last time you possibly see me be you yellin' at me for nothin'?" Scald asks this, one brow raised, his tail swishing lightly as he shows her a somewhat snarky, but brotherly smirk.

CARVE YOUR OWN PATH

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. So when were you planning on telling me? Daager Isle 05:07 PM, 11-03-2023 10:05 AM, 03-31-2024