size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-29-2023, 01:38 PM
Art & Code © Skelle 2023
It was getting progressively more difficult for Laeta to even get out of bed in the mornings. It felt as if all her joints locked in place, latched with chains; unable to release and unlock so as to move around. Her form was sinking from a relatively light but well-fed build to that of her Long Night state, hallowed peaks of shoulder blades and hip bones jutting out from a flat mass of pelt. And yet, she still rose with a smile. Even as Mel had to gently help her rise to a laying position, on her limbs. Then, to slowly emerge into a standing position. Her legs shook and trembled as her companion practically had to cling to her pelt to aid her in moving down each step from her bed. Step, step, step. And when Lae finally reached the floor, she had to assume a seated position, because the task of getting out of bed was physically grueling.

"My Lady, this illness plagues you so,” Mel fretted aloud, stoking a small fire in her stone fireplace. "I fear you may be bed-bound soon." The embers cracked and snarled to life as Lae watched the flames rise as she did, her ruby eyes sparkling with life starkly contrasting her sickly form. She smiled softly, watching the flames dance and unfurl from the timbers. "My work here is not finished yet, dear Mel." A soft pause, and she sighs, calm and serene. "I still have to bid farewell to all my friends and family. That takes time. I still have..time."

The door to her bedroom remains ajar, as if awaiting visitors.
"Speech!"

words

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. it means so much to me Amron's Castle 01:38 PM, 12-29-2023 08:22 AM, 04-19-2024
2. it means so much to me IC Archives 08:22 AM, 04-19-2024 10:09 AM, 03-31-2024
3. it means so much to me Amron's Castle 10:09 AM, 03-31-2024 05:20 AM, 02-19-2024