size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 11:34 AM by Aresenn. Edited 1 time in total.)

The late afternoon sun painted the Polar Sound in hues of gold and amber, casting long shadows across the valley floor. Aresenn and Absinth moved through the quiet taiga, the distant sounds of birds and rustling leaves accompanied by the rhythmic cadence of their footsteps. The air held a certain stillness, broken only by the labored breathing of the two wolves as they navigated the uneven terrain.

While the distance from the healer's den to where Absinth's den wasn't very expansive, their pace was relatively slow going. Though it didn't bother him, his concern was with Absinth and the amount of effort it would take her to make it to their destination with as little help from him as she could get by with. She made it very obvious that she wasn't comfortable with the vulnerability that had be thrusted upon her. Each step was a painful one, but the greatest grace he could offer her wasn't his pity or encouragement. It was silence.

The fallen tree, the entrance to Absinth's den, loomed at the edge of their field of view. A silent exhale of relief flooded from his lungs as he recognized that they were almost there. But even still, he maintained a steady pace. Never pushing Absinth to move faster than she could.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

"I'll be a good Girl in Hell"

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

Master Intellectual (375)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
12-31-2023, 11:35 AM
The trek through the Sound was a quiet one, filled with only the ambiance of the world around them. Absinth was grateful for the quiet. It made the throbbing of her head subside a bit, though if she tried to look too far ahead her vision would begin to double, so she kept a steady gaze on only a few steps ahead of herself only. She was working herself to not let her body fail her again, taking careful steps so she would not stumble or trip. Making sure she held fast to her awareness as she had finally clawed her way out of the oblivion that was her passed out state.

As they neared her very own den, one she had set to work on after the first time she met Sephiran — Absinth thought of her next steps. Recovery had to come first, then bettering herself for a bout of revenge on that fucker. She smirked to herself, a weary one but vicious all the same. Absinth stopped at the entrance to her abode, casting a sideways glance at Aresenn that was both appreciative and questioning. Now that she was feeling a bit better after the silent walk which did well to clear her head… Absinth was able to think of his actions as more than something that made her feel pathetic. If only just.

“Sticking around?” She said, the fire that usually burned in her eyes a bit duller, a bit more repressed. The woman did her best to make her way into the den with as little exacerbation of her injuries as possible. Inside, the dugout den was wide, with enough space to stand and have a little more room available between the ears and the ceiling. Her claw marks were evident everywhere, the proof of her carving the area out by paw. She had little shelves made of clawed out sections in the walls, and displayed there were teeth and claws. Some were big, others were small. Trophies. A bear skin rug laid out on the ground was where the fae collapsed, groaning in pain as she attempted a stretch onto her soft bedding. The den was also littered in feathers, each from different sorts of birds and different sizes. But all of them were the same in one way — colorful.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:37 AM

Aresenn stood at the entrance of Absinth's den after watching her cross its threshold- his amber eyes scanning the interior, trailing behind her. It was a reflection of Absinth, a sanctuary filled with reminders of her strength and resilience. He couldn't help but feel a sense of silent appreciation as he took in the trophies adorning the shelves and the vibrant feathers scattered across the floor. It was impressive. Or at the very least, nothing like what he expected. After a few more moments of taking everything in, he refocused his gaze to Absinth. She had made her way to her bedding, groaning in pain as she settled onto it. He could see how labored her movements were, her injuries clearly causing her great discomfort. He hated it for her. And if he could have taken the pain and made it his own, he certainly would have.

Aresenn hesitated for a moment before stepping inside. It was only her words that broke his lull- the reeling thoughts that commanded his mind. The space felt … inviting, far more than what he could say for his own den. He approached her slowly, mindful not to jostle her or invade her space. "I'll stick around," he answered softly, his voice carrying a note of sincerity. "For a little while, anyways." As long as you need me to.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
12-31-2023, 11:38 AM
As she settled into a comfortable position, gingerly avoiding pressure on her wound, Absinth cast her gaze over to him. She watched his hesitation to enter her den, amused to say the least. What? Was it an odd den? She’d never seen what might’ve been standard, this was.. just her own design. It was comfortable for her, and really that hadn’t always been something she was ever allowed.

Aresenn spoke softly, with something in his tone that made her lips crack into a smile. What she really wanted was to reach out and touch him, return that reassurance to him that had gotten her through the worst of her pain. Then he’d stop looking so worried, stop looking so… Maybe she was still confused. “I’m roughed up, not fragile.” Emeralds flashed in mild irritation, a foreleg shifting to pat at the space next to her — gesturing him closer onto the bedding. “I showed you something pathetic.” She had gone this far giving him the impression of her strength of will, a little maim wasn’t enough to break down that image… was it? Absinth did not want him to be careful with her, even though she had needed it. Not that she would admit that.

But still. Showing such weakness… it was eating at her. Her pride, her thoughts, and the life she thought she had curated for herself.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:39 AM

Aresenn hesitated for a moment, his eyes fixed on Absinth's gaze. He understood the conflicting emotions that tugged at Absinth's words, her desire to prove her strength and resilience despite the visible pain she was in. He knew all too well the struggle of maintaining a facade of invincibility while battling inner demons. With a soft exhale, Aresenn moved closer, accepting the invitation to join her on the bedding. He lowered himself onto the bedding next to her, his body angled away slightly to give her space if she desired it. As their bodies brushed against each other, he could feel the warmth of her presence, a hopeful reassurance that everything would be okay.

"You didn't make the conscious decision to show me anything," Aresenn said, his voice low yet resolute. "I saw vulnerability after you had your fucking head bashed in and skin laid open by a man larger, older, and more experienced than you." He paused, looking for any recognition in her with his words. "But for some reason, it seems that you don't think there's strength in that as well." There was an edge to his words, but it wasn't meant to pick at her or start a fight. Quite the opposite. "You should know that isn't the case."

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

12-31-2023, 11:40 AM
He came closer, taking her invitation to lay beside her, yet frustratingly leaving space between them which she didn’t particularly care for. But she let it be, satisfied by the proximity at the very least. Aresenn began to speak in response to her. Pointing out the flaws in her thinking, poking holes in the way she was picturing herself. Nothing he said was meant to be a jab at her, and it was actually considerate.. but it rubbed her the wrong way. Ah. He thinks too much of me. Absinth couldn’t even begin to explain the real reason it all bothered her so much. Because she couldn’t be weak. She couldn’t be a victim. Because… him seeing her like that felt like a knife in her gut. A throb of pain radiated from the back of her head after he described what she had been through, the images of Rhazien grinning down at her as he slammed her into the ground repeatedly — but they faded into nothing after he promised further punishment should she overstep again… which must have been when she lost at least most of her consciousness. Contemplating his words, Absinth opened her mouth to refute. “But I --“ Though she didn’t get far in her attempt to speak, because in meeting his gaze she noticed something that disturbed her.

Wounds cutting down his face, ones that her vision and his naturally vermillion coat had not allowed her to see previously. White brows furrowed in anger, her blood heating within her veins as she bristled. “Who did that??” Her voice dropped low, though it was a far cry from threatening given her current state. She didn’t really need to ask. But that left her with another new, disgusting feeling. “Was it.. was it my fault?” She stared at the long lines of torn flesh down his face, trying to piece together the facts while waiting for his answer.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 11:47 AM by Aresenn. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aresenn glanced down at the space between them, feeling the weight of Absinth's gaze. He could sense her conflict, the frustration and defensiveness that warred within her. But he also understood the vulnerable side she was trying to keep hidden, the part of herself that she felt she couldn't show. "No," he answered simply, meeting her gaze with a tone that revealed that this was an answer she needed to hear. "It was not your fault." He paused, considering how to best explain the situation. "Part of it was that Sephiran was mad that his toy threw herself off a cliff after being tortured by him day in and day out. But another part of it was my relationship with the Armada. Why I'm over there so often- he suspects that I'm conspiring against him." Aresenn continued his explanation, the sincerity in his voice shining through. "It was a way for him to try and scare me into submission, to show me where my loyalties lie. To threaten me. Hell, maybe he's threatened by me. But it also showed him that I will not just take a beating. And I'm sure you didn't either." He took a deep breath, his eyes narrowing as the thoughts reeled in his mind. "He knows now that I am not weak, and neither are you." His tone was resolute as he finished.

Thinking about the look Sephiran had in his eyes. The mania. He couldn't help but wonder if his friend experienced similar episodes to what he did, himself. But perhaps, that was just him longing to be comforted by the sharing of a major flaw. Though, he would keep that thought to himself for now- not wanting to sound as if he was defending the orders that had been made at their expense.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

12-31-2023, 11:44 AM
She searched his face for honesty, and continued to hate the marring — if she had caused it… if her actions had impacted him… but then why would he have helped her? Absinth tried to come up with a better reason than their friendship, but nothing made sense. Unless he was that protective of his close circle? Then she was part of that? Her inner musings were interrupted by his voice before her logic could come up with possibilities. An immediate refusal of her question. Followed by an explanation. Absinth listened to his words, following his every breath, desperate for a reason other than her for the state of his face.

She understood to an extent. The suspicion, the threats — Sephiran was like her father, so she knew intimately how his mind warped fact and fiction into cruel reality. How they made enemies out of anything, simply because their mind called for it. They could not live without conflict. Without reason to prove their utmost brutality. Their sickness of soul.

Absinth sighed deeply, shifting her body to lean against Aresenn gingerly, trying not to hurt her injured side. She was quiet, taking in the information as thoroughly as her rattled brain could. But the touch was a welcomed reprieve to the anxiety she felt. “I’m sorry.” The words fell from her lips carefully, sincerely in her own right. She still felt she had to apologize even if he provided a different perspective. It was an all consuming emotion, a guilt, a disgust with herself, a pain that she had caused him any sort of suffering.

Well. No time like the present, why hold back? “I hate weakness. In myself. But I hate that you had to see it.” She rumbled, eyes cast down at the bedding. She didn’t know if it made sense, if it was understandable. Everything felt so fucked, so confusing. Except the warmth emanating from his touch. What was she supposed to do with that?

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:45 AM

Aresenn felt her body shift against him, the warmth of her skin brushing against his. For a moment, he allowed himself to forget about the scars and the wounds, to simply be with her. But then, the weight of her apology settled between them, and he couldn't help but feel the need to respond. "Don't be." Aresenn answered simply. "If anything, promise me you'll think extra hard before you dare one of Sephiran's suicidal playthings off a cliff." He added with a chuckle- making no attempt to hide the amusement as his features cracked a half smirk. Part of him felt that he was entitled to a little chafing at her expense. But he could clearly see the guilt written in her expression- a mixture of self-loathing and pain. He didn't want to give her an additional reason to feel bad, so he would do his best to refrain.

He hadn't really noticed her leaning against him until there was a brief reprieve in their conversation. When he finally felt the warmth of their connection, he couldn't help but want to curl around it. As she continued to brood aloud, he eventually succumbed to lowering himself to the ground beside her, gently shifting to not disturb her, and still maintain the touch. "Well, that's something you're just going to have to come to terms with on your own I suppose. But you won't get much sympathy from me, as you seem to have no problem getting intimately familiar with my weaknesses." He answered her, allowing a wry smirk to form in place as he glanced at her through his peripherals.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

12-31-2023, 11:46 AM
She chuckled at his words, joining him in laughter.  “I promise, no more unsolicited advice.” Indeed, she wouldn’t be speaking to another plaything so carelessly. Not if the effect was both her and him getting a punishment. But fuck, it was going to be hard for her to hold her tongue back. Aurelia had been such a challenging individual, her morals the exact opposite of Absinth’s own. Like talking to a wall, or pulling teeth. That bitch.

Absinth was fully comfortable in their relaxed embrace, though the topic remained somewhat deep. She felt his every breath, his warmth and his presence alone that eased her spirit. Absinth’s gaze fixated on him as he spoke wryly on their now shared weaknesses. His blackouts, her perceived inability to persevere — though, his words did bring her some relief in a humorous sense. “Fine, fine. But I’d like to get intimately familiar with more than your weaknesses. If possible.” Absinth grinned, though weak as she was, why not capitalize on the lighter topic at hand? What was a little flirting in the face of this fuckery they were dealing with?

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:53 AM

As Aresenn's grin grew wider, he couldn't help but appreciate the humor and levity that his companion introduced. "Well," he started, matching her grin with his own. "I'd be more than happy to show you any part of me that you want to see." Aresenn chuckled, leaning back ever so slightly to get a better view of her face. He thought he might be able to see evidence of the impish light in her eyes that was usually there. "But don't think for a moment that I don't have my own weakness that I'd like for you to explore." With a wink she might not even be able to see, he tried to lighten the mood even further. It was far easier to poke fun and tease with an occasionally suggestive joke ... than it was to linger in the weight of reality. There would be plenty of time for serious discussions and decisions in the future, but for now, as they lay entwined in each other's embrace, Aresenn could use a good laugh.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

12-31-2023, 11:54 AM
Her emerald gaze did get some more life back into it, more fire as she grinned at him and he returned the gesture. Like kindling to a flame. She felt lighter, ignoring the lingering pain she felt in her resting state. Turning her head to peek at Aresenn as he spoke, she shot back at him after his devious taunt. Oh really?  Promise? I don’t take lies well.” Absinth’s voice trickled with mischief, lowly purring the words. She quite enjoyed pushing and pushing him, in lighthearted banter and in more serious tones. Either sufficed to close the gap in their distance. But what if she warned him, said something light and heavy at the same time? Her blood rushed at the thought, so she spoke on it. “You have to mean every word you say to me.” Absinth’s skull moved to press into his chest, rubbing upwards towards his neck. A small comfort. For her, or for him, what did it matter? He’s seen her worst. Beaten to shit. Delirious. Maybe nothing mattered in the end, maybe it all did. She was content to live in this moment, urging more of him as she did so well.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
12-31-2023, 11:55 AM

His laughter echoed softly in response to her playful banter, finding solace in the diversion from the weighty matters they'd been discussing. As her words teased the edges of something deeper, Aresenn's gaze met hers with a mixture of amusement and sincerity. "Promise?" he repeated, a sly smile playing on his lips. "You have my word, Absinth. Nothing but truth between us." Her touch, though gentle, resonated with a comfort he hadn't realized he needed. Aresenn grazed a paw against her opposite shoulder, his nails moving with the lay of her fur in a soothing pattern. "Every word, every promise," he affirmed, looking down at her. "But remember, it goes both ways. No hiding, no holding back." In that moment, surrounded by laughter and vulnerability, Aresenn felt a sense of connection that transcended the scars and shadows of their pasts. Whatever challenges lay ahead, they could face them, finding strength in each other's company.

In the moment of pause between them, Aresenn shifted slightly, adjusting their shared position to make her more comfortable. "You should get some rest." His voice held a gentle tone as he stifled his own yawn, a suggestion rather than a command. Though he was hopeful she would comply all the same. Fatigue was slowly beginning to catch up with him- he could only imagine how she was feeling.  

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

12-31-2023, 11:58 AM
The beaten woman relished in his touch, his words that affirmative the bond she at least believed they had. He promised his word, that there would be nothing but the truth between them… and she wanted to believe him, despite the reality that she had never had the luxury of believing anything before. There had never been a soul to impact her so.. Positively before, it felt surreal and… strange. She felt her breath hitch, a tingle run down her spine. His paw touched her shoulder, a shared comfort, soothing her easily as he spoke. Her head still against his chest, Absinth smiled as he validated the foundation of their bond. That they would not lie to each other, or hide anything – or hold back. Ah.

Ah.

Is this what they call-

Adoration?

Trust?

Love? The fuck was that really?

Absinth did not know. She had zero frame of reference. Maybe it was all of the above. She didn’t care to find out. It was too much, too soon, especially for her heart that was black and jaded. She just wanted to remain as she was, nestled into his warmth, absorbing his soft tones that relaxed her, even with the scent of blood in the air. It was enough for her to lean against him, find comfort in him, feel safe as her eyes began to flutter, drowsiness taking over her exhausted form. It was unlike anything she had experienced before, and a small part of her was scared. That he would leave her. That someone would rip him away from her. That he would betray her. Lie to her. And even so… she returned his sentiments. “I promise.” Absinth answered, her voice sleepy and low – her heart hammering in her chest for many minutes before she succumbed to fatigue; her eyes slowly shutting as she found sleep against his larger frame. Her dreams filled with protecting her friend and this uncanny bond they were building.

[End Thread]

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Partners in Crime The Polar Sound 09:29 AM, 12-31-2023 11:48 PM, 01-01-2024