size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-31-2023, 10:56 PM
Things in Ashen had suddenly taken a shaking, and Kit was left feeling as if she wasn’t sure where she stood. She knew that Venom's vision had left her shaken, but to Kit, her mother was infallible. Seeing otherwise was more than a little nerve wracking. Adding to that, the pack had been passed to a family member she didn’t know well and now she heard there was the possibility of the pack moving. It was a lot, all at once.

She realised that what she needed to do most of all, was seek out Chimera and see what his intentions for Ashen were. Ashen after all was her family, her home, and her future. With that in mind, the Princess went in search of her Uncle.

"Speech"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
12-31-2023, 11:26 PM

With the impending move, there was a lot to get in order. Mastiffs were running frantically to and fro, taking messages, gathering supplies, taking stock, packing items... The shift in territories wouldn't be massive, but it would provide the new Ashen King with the security that he required for his immediate family. An island was a tactical advantage that the dire brute couldn't pass up. So move, they would.

As Chimera spoke with the various canines coming and going, the man's gaze landed upon the approaching form of his niece. One big paw rose and he dismissed the dogs for the time being. "Kitsune, " he greeted the fae with a nod of his head. They knew of one another but had never really interacted. He imagined there various issues she might wish to broach, but he would wait for her to ask.

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

12-31-2023, 11:35 PM
Kitsune found the white King with relative ease once she realised he was at the centre of the pack's hustle and bustle. Once he acknowledged her, she lowered her top half low in an elegant bow. Holding it for a moment as a sign of respect before straightening again. Even then, her eyes were lowered. “My King, if I could have a moment of your time?” She asked politely, and waited for his agreement before continuing on. “Forgive me, but there's a lot of change in Ashen at the moment. I was looking for information on where the pack is going from here? Both location, and intent”

Her voice was soft and diplomatic, fitting a Princess. Her expression remained utterly calm, but her heart skipped a beat. Would she still be considered a Princess, with her Mother stepping down? She felt as if her whole world was tipping around her, and she wasn’t sure where to grab onto.

"Speech"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

12-31-2023, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 12:19 AM by Chimera. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kitsune gave a low, graceful bow and Chimera arched a brow. She addressed him as 'my king' and a soft huff of amusement drifted from the brutes speckled nose  "We are family,  Kitsune. Chimera or Uncle will do just fine " Long ago when he was a self-absorbed ass, he would have demanded such respect,  but time and puppies had changed him.

The woman continued,  asking about the packs future intent and direction. With a big paw, Chi motioned his niece to a shaded area where they could speak comfortably. Haunches folded and the man sat. He took a deep breath and began. "I intended to claim different lands,  choosing to utilize the nearby Silver Island as my personal stronghold." He did love his islands. "We will continue to hold Cryer's Ravine as that is where your mother prefers to be. We will claim the Estuary for easy passage between. " It all made perfect sense to him.

"As for my intent with the pack, it will be much the same as it was under Venom's rule. Family will be priority. I plan to work on trade between out lying packs,  but my focus will be making Ashen and my family as strong as I can. " The man's pink and milky white eyes searched the fae's face. "What are your concerns,  niece?  Speak plainly. "

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-01-2024, 12:19 AM
Kitsune called her own mother Empress in front of others, she bowed to the woman who birthed her and showed her respect. At Chimera’s words, Kitsune hesitated, her dipped head showing a hint of confusion as it bled through her courtley mask. She was grateful for a moment to put herself back together again, and follow after Chimera as he led them to a shaded space.

While she was grateful that it appeared he was thinking of Venom, she was also confused. Moving the pack wasn’t the actions of a temporary leader. Surely they didn’t expect Venom to be out of commission for long? Her mother was strong. Whatever this was that had happened to her… she would pull through it.

“My…. Chimera” she said with clear reluctance, “I wished to understand if I’m looking at an Ashen with a placeholder King, or a new pack birthed under your rulership. If it’s the latter, then forgive me for being so forward, but I’d like to understand my place in this pack.” she was trying to find something she could hold onto, something she could understand. Truths she believed to be eternal were unravelling, and it frightened her.

"Speech"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

01-01-2024, 12:34 AM

The concerns that the woman had were valid and Chimera allowed his niece time to sort out whatever she was feeling. In time she came to the point and the dual-toned man didn't miss a beat. "Ashen is now under my power to rule as I see fit. There is no plan in place for Venom to resume her position as Empress, though no one knows what the future holds. " One couldn't say if Venom would recover enough and ask for her throne back. "It is my duty to protect those under my care to the best of my ability and an island stronghold grants a level of protection that a landlocked territory can not."

It was obvious that Kitsune was feeling unsure of her place and the worries were etched on her fire-marked face.
"You needn't fear, " his deep vocals rumbled, though softly, like far off thunder, "You will always be Ashen royalty and you will always have a place here." Would that assuage her concerns?
"Chimera Klein"

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-01-2024, 12:51 AM
His words left her heart sinking to her boots. It was truly happening then, the pack was morphing into something else. Into the vision of a wolf she did not know well. The lands were moving, the Empress stepped down. What would Chimera do next? Change the ranks, change the name? This pack was her entire life, and these changes felt as if they were happening rapidly around her. Leaving her with nowhere solid to stand.

She dipped her head low to him again. She only had one further question of him, and then she would make her leave. He clearly had much to do, and she needed a moment to collect herself in private. “Thank you, Chimera. Lastly, I have risen to Daimyo, and trained as a diplomat to aid my mother. Is my ranking likely to change under your rulership?”

"Speech"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

01-01-2024, 03:59 AM

The more he spoke, the more upset Kitsune became. It was visible on her face, though she no doubt was attempting to hide it. Chimera was a master at reading faces. Everyone had tells, signs, signals. He didn't want Kitsune to be upset, but a change in rule meant that many other things would change as well. It was inevitable. Especially since he was no 'placeholder king' as she had put it.

Another question was asked about rank changes and Chimera nodded again. "Ranks will be skill based. Those that work hardest will be rewarded the most. There will also be a council that I call upon for advice." One shoulder lifted in a slight shrug. A paw lifted and settled gently upon one of her own. Though they were unfamiliar with one another, Kitsune was his family; his blood. That meant something. "Your world is changing but you have Klein blood in your veins. You will overcome. We will all overcome." Venom would right herself, everyone would fall into order, the pack would be well protected and well skilled by the time he was done with it. That was the plan.

"Chimera Klein"

Kitsune

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-01-2024, 09:50 AM
Kitsune was a princess in a royal court. She prided herself on her courtly mask, and she wore it well. If the other wolf was reading distress in her attributes, he was reading only what he wanted in her politely blank face. The more distressed she became, the more calm her face. He made it clear that he would indeed be changing the ranks of the pack. It was possible that she would have no place here. She was not sure how or why her mother would have allowed this, or if Kitsune would even have a future in an Ashen created in Chimera's image. But she didn't let him see her doubts. 

She dipped her head low again “thank you for your time, Uncle” She said sweetly. No, she would certainly not let him see her distress. She did not yet know what she wanted from these changes, but her courtly mask would help to leave her choices open.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A future in your paws Wolfpaw Lake 10:56 PM, 12-31-2023 12:48 PM, 07-16-2024