size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Vengeance
01-05-2024, 12:23 PM

Tarnish was excited by the prospect of his first raid but in the lull between hunting and exploring he found himself wondering if his skills were really up to snuff. He wanted to make his family, especially his father, proud. He stepped out onto Daager Isle, wandering down to the sandy beach where he normally scrounged for seagull eggs and clams. This hour his mind wasn ot on hunting but on fighting. He'd fought more strange creatures than he had other wolves. He hadn't even fought a coyote yet so how was he going to fight another wolf? He needed a lesson, maybe a spar, just something to get him more ready. Tipping back his head he howled for his dad, hoping the wiser man could point him in the right direction and give him some tips for the upcoming raid.

Raider Brats

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
01-05-2024, 12:51 PM

It didn't matter the time nor the day, Gilgamesh would always be there for his pups. Especially as the second batch neared their first birthdays, he wanted to help make sure they were prepared for their first raid. Of course, he wouldn't pressure them. If they weren't ready, they could stay behind with whoever else wasn't attending. Yet, it appeared that quite a few of them were eager to attend. One example was Tarnish and when Gilgamesh heard his little boyish howl in the wind, he smiled.

Picking up his pace, he headed toward the obsidian coated boy. Once he gets near enough, with the sand resting between his toes, he comes to a stop and looks over his boy. Gil almost wondered if the boy's coat would change as he grew, but only time would tell. "Tarnish, what can I do ya for?" Gil asks, a fatherly smile on his lips.

"speech"

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Tarnish

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (305)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Vengeance
01-05-2024, 04:04 PM

Tarnish stretched, limbering up for the day as well as for any lessons ahead of time. It didn't take long for his father to arrive and he greeted the older man with a smile. "Hey, dad! I was wondering if you could give me a fight lesson before the raid. I have my defenses down pretty good but what else do I need to know? Any tips?" Tarnish was a pretty open book when it came to learning battle and hunting. He was up for whatever anyone would teach him, especially if it meant he wouldn't make a fool out of himself at the raid. Ideally he wanted to win, of course he did, but he could be satisfied with putting up a hell of a fight. If someone was going to take victory from him then they needed to work their tails off to get it!

Raider Brats

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
01-29-2024, 12:41 PM

Gil could be nothing but proud for his son and the effort he was making to be a good fighter. It honestly warmed his shriveled heart to see his pups so energetic and eager. His brow does lift as he regards his son and lets out a low hum. "Any tips hmm?" He lets his face scrunch up a moment as he thinks of what else would be important to teach Tarnish. "Well, how prepared you to fight someone who is a different size than you? Do you know where someone who is larger might attack you? How about a smaller opponent? What if two opponents came at you at once?"

Gil lowers his head to be more level with Tarnish. He looks back toward his companion, Urtur, and nods to indicate the wolverine should join them. Taking a few steps toward the pup as he looked back, he set his own defenses. "Tell me what you would do if both Urtur and I were to come and attack you right now," Gil says as he and the wolverine close the space between them and the pup.

"speech"

Tarnish

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (305)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Vengeance
01-30-2024, 06:33 PM

Tarnish was eager to learn, hungry for knowledge on combat. He'd known from early on he wanted to be a raider and follow in his father's footsteps. He listened with rapt attention as his father spoke, body swaying just slightly from the pent up energy he was trying to keep at bay. "I do! Well, kinda. Mom showed us how to fight wolves smaller than us but uh… I don't know about bigger, or two at once. Does that happen a lot in raids, fighting more than one wolf at a time?" Most of his matches had been him versus a single sibling or he and others versus one predator. He had little experience with multiple opponents and it hadn't even dawned on him that that was a concern he needed to consider.

Tar followed his father's eyes to the wolverine and when he saw his father set defenses he flew to his feet and followed suit. At the question he bit his lip. Shit… what would he do. He glanced to Worc, the crow hanging out in a nearby tree. "Well, I'd try to keep an eye on you both but that might be hard. I guess I'd rely on Worc to alert me. You hear that birdbrain? Don't let some asshole sneak up on me!" The crow cawed out a laugh.

Raider Brats

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-01-2024, 10:20 AM
Gil shrugs his shoulders at his son's question. "That I cannot answer. If I were to say no, you won't prepare for it. If I say yes, you might become over prepared," he hoped Tarnish understood. So he and Urtur persist to creep closer to the boy. Both of them appearing threatening so Tarnish knows they're somewhat serious. And he can tell the boy notices as he watches Tarnish jump to his paws and scramble to think of something, anything.

He can't help but laugh. Motioning for Urtur to go around and behind Tarnish, Gil lifts a brow. "Is your bird trained well enough to fend off Urtur? Or will you be left alone to defend yourself?" Gil takes another few steps forward, but goes slow. He wants to see if Tarnish really can control Worc or if the boy will be left to his own devices. Gil knew better than anyone that one couldn't completely rely on their companions, especially when it came to fighting someone bigger than themselves.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Raise Your Sail [Gil] Daager Isle 12:23 PM, 01-05-2024 01:22 PM, 02-11-2024