gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
01-01-2024, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 07:23 PM by Haydée. Edited 1 time in total.)
The fall weather has turned rather cold down in Auster, heralding the approach of winter. In Ethne, a bird had arrived the day before bringing with it, news of a change in leadership in Ashen. Haydée had carefully packed a small satchel with supplies, food and the like, and, while the trip wasn’t too far, the young Leader wishes to be prepared. With her tiger armor and dagger in place, she sets out for Ashen as the first light of day breaks across her family’s pack lands and she swiftly makes her way to Boreas.

It is midafternoon by the time she arrives at the borders of Ashen and she pauses to shake out the dust and other debris that the stupid winds had deposited in her coat. Worry for Venom tugs at her stomach and she hopes the sweet monochrome woman is okay. Haydée had hoped that Ethne and Ashen could be allies one day and, with the change in leadership, she intends to make sure that the ties between the packs remain strong.

Plus, she wants to make sure that nothing bad happened to the kindly Empress. Tilting her back, the small wolf sings a call for the new alpha of Ashen, Chimera, and weaves into the invite a chance to share news. As her call fades into the day, the girl seats herself lightly upon the ground as she waits to introduce herself to the new Emperor.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-04-2024, 07:04 AM

It had been about midday when Chimera woke. The brightest hours were usually avoided due to his sensitive vision, but with the oncoming move, every moment was valuable. He stayed within the caverns of the ravine, going over documents and ledgers with Venom. By midafternoon, it was time for a break.

As Chimera moved out of the caves and into the open, a howl rang out. It sounded rather perky and friendly in tone. A child perhaps? Head lowered, the long-legged king moved through the brush of the ravine with ease. Angling upwards as he came to the edge, Chi moved to the border, walking along it until he came to a russet and cream fae sitting in the grass. She looked rather young as he had suspected.

Coming to a stop before the girl, Chimera looked down upon her, giving a nod. "Good afternoon," he rumbled. "Chimera Klein, King of Ashen. What can I do for you?" He had no idea who the girl was, but he was sure that she would tell him.

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

01-08-2024, 05:17 PM
Even with the approach of her second birthday, the young Haydée cannot hide the youth that stubbornly lingers in her voice. Seated lightly on the ground, she keeps her ears perked for the sounds of approaching pawsteps and, when she catches them, the girl swiftly stands so she can greet the new Alpha. A huge black and white male moves to meet her and, for a brief moment, her ears slick back as the old doubts of her size making her weak slam into her brain.

However, she is quick to shake them off, dipping down into a respectful bow as he introduces himself. Straightening back up, Hay raises her emerald eyes until they can catch his pale gaze and she levels a genuine smile toward the new King of Ashen as she warmly says, “Hello Chimera! I am Haydée Kedieo, Leader of Ethne. I got your message about the change of leadership here in Ashen and I wanted to come… reintroduce myself. Also, Venom and I had spoken previously and I wanted to see if she is okay or see if she needs anything.”

Concern colors her features as she inquiries about the Empress because, while changes in alphas are not uncommon, the girl likes to that the kindly Empress has become her friend… just like Avacyn. And Haydée would do anything to help her friends. Worries about the trade of knowledge they had spoken about before is the last thing on the young Leader’s mind at this moment.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

01-09-2024, 12:34 PM

Introductions were made and Chimera was more than a little surprised that the tiny girl claimed to be the alpha of a pack. He didn't let the surprise show in his face, instead merely nodding in acceptance. If she said she was an alpha, he would have to take her word for it.

The girl spoke, asking after the health of Venom. "My sister will be fine," he assured the little alpha. "There's no need to worry and I assure you that she has everything that she needs and more." It was Chimera's turn to bow, if one could call it that. A slight dip of his head was given in the russet fae's direction. "Thank you for your concern, Haydee," he rumbled.

With one big paw, he motioned the fae into Ashen territory. "Please," he turned and began moving back towards Ashen proper, assuming that she would follow. "Rather than turn back now, you are free to stay the night as our guest, if you wish it." Hospitable and nice. That's what he was going for. "I've heard little of Ethne, other than the name," he informed her, welcoming a bit of conversation to hopefully learn about the girl's pack.

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

01-25-2024, 04:30 PM
The huge man nods as she introduces herself and the warm, friendly smile that is on her lips grows. Chimera reassures her that Venom will be fine and Haydée releases a small sigh of relief, truly grateful that the beautiful Empress will be fine. Dipping her head in response to the thanks he offers her for concern, the young Leader says, “Of course! Venom is a nice woman and was extremely kind to me when I came by to introduce myself. If she needs anything, please, let us know. We will do our best to help.”

With that, the King waves her into Ashen territory and she is quick to trot over the border and join the huge man as he begins to walk. Flashing a big grin, the young alpha says, “Thank you Chimera! I will take you up on your offer. My paws are a little sore from the journey.” A soft chuckle is offered as she does her best to match his speed and longer stride. Chimera admits that he has not heard much about Ethne and Haydée falters for a moment, worrying that the talk of being potential allies one day has all been for not.

Green gaze flicks up to the monochrome brute as she slowly begins her tale once again, “My mother, Bellamy of Foi, founded Ethne down in Auster for her family. I was born there not long after the founding. Last year, my father… Gavroche, was murdered in a land that borders our pack.” Paws falter and she falls behind a couple steps as sorrow and grief flash across her features as the incident is still raw in her young mind. Shaking her head to rid herself of the intrusive images, Haydée picks up speed and returns to the King’s side in a few, quick strides.

Clearing her throat, Haydée continues, “After that, my mother lost herself in grief. In order to get her the help she needed, I took over the role of Leader when I was one while she went to the Hallows to heal.” Eyes lower to her paws as she watches her steps for several seconds, suddenly very self-conscious of her youth and inexperience as an Alpha. Finally, lifting her gaze she finishes her tale, “Since then I have tried to introduce Ethne to other packs and form lasting bonds for trade and, hopefully, allies. Did… Venom tell you anything about what we talk about?”

Curious green eyes scan his face, trying to read the man for any sign of recognition or… disgust. Would Chimera be as welling to talk as Venom had been? Or would Haydée leave disappointed? Worry ripples across her features for a moment as she looks up at him.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

02-01-2024, 06:56 PM

Haydee spoke of losing her father and faltered a step. Chimera wasn't one to react to such things as another wolf might. Instead the brute nodded his head. "Loss is a part of life, unfortunately," he rumbled. Everyone lost someone at some point in their lives. Some were able to come to terms with it more quickly than others, but he wouldn't judge the girl over it. She was still young. Loss would get easier with time.

The girl's mother had been taken to The Hallows for healing. It was a good place to go to heal and recuperate. Good also that the matriarch had realized that she wasn't fit to rule. Leaving an entire pack in the paws of a tiny yearling though? It wasn't a choice that Chimera would have made.

Next the young fae spoke of trying to develop trade and relations for Ethne. Hesitantly, she asked if Venom had shared word of their talks. Chimera shook his head in the negative. "There was little time once she took ill." Proposed trade agreements weren't all that important. Since it seemed as though Haydee wished to speak of such relations between their packs, Chimera asked straight out. "What does Ethne have to offer Ashen that other packs can not?"

"Chimera"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

02-13-2024, 03:13 PM
The huge brute is not unfriendly but, as they continue to talk, Haydée feels herself shifting uncomfortably under his hard gaze. Only armed with a smile and her words, the young Leader plows on, asking if he and Venom had talked about Ethne which… was a big no. The smile falters for a moment and then Chimera bluntly asks what Ethne has to offer and silence fills the space between them as the smile falls away to be replaces with a thoughtful expression. Thoughts swirl as she tries and fails to find something special that only Ethne can offer and she actually considers apologizing and excusing herself from his presence.

Yet, nothing good ever comes easy and Haydée will not shrink away from a potential ally just because the questions become difficult. Emerald eyes are locked with his milky and pink gaze and the smile finally reappears and she says, “We don’t have much, herbs found only in Auster, animals that we are raising for wool and eggs, and a special treat that we refer to as rock candy. We would also be willing to help build a greenhouse in Ashen so we can transplant some of those Auster herbs up here for your pack.”

Venom and Hay had talked about that before but, since this is all new to the King, she offers them again, “There was also talk of our members training together so that our packs could get to know each other better.” Would this be an acceptable deal to the newly minted alpha or would she walk away disappointed? Only time would tell.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

04-01-2024, 05:08 AM

His question seemed to catch the girl off guard and he watched her expression falter. Good. He wanted her to really think about her answer. In time, Haydee spoke once more and stated pretty much exactly what Chimera imagined she would. Ethne had little aside from herbs and eggs. She offered a greenhouse, but... No.

The brute continued his pace, giving his blocky skull a shake. "My queens are renowned healers. We have our own greenhouses. As for eggs, we have those as well." Chimera was blunt, as always. There was no point in beating around the bush or giving false hope. "Ethne is young and fresh. Ashen is established with many alliances and seasoned warriors in its ranks. Ethne would gain a great deal while Ashen would gain nothing in return. It doesn't seem like an even trade, does it?"

Chimera arrived at the guest dens and motioned for Haydee to enter with one paw. He had offered her a place to stay for the night. She could rest as much as she wished and then head back to Ethne on the morrow. Chimera wouldn't apologize for his decision. It was his duty to make the best choices on Ashen's behalf and, as of yet, allying with Ethne wasn't a wise choice.

"Chimera"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I Promise That You'll Never Find Another Like Me Cryer's Ravine 07:21 PM, 01-01-2024 01:05 AM, 05-20-2024