ardent

Lemme Tell Ya Somethin'

Cryptis

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
11-09-2023, 08:37 PM

The meeting toward the end of winter had gone over well in her opinion. Several members had gotten promoted, there were new things happening, she had at last birthed a healthy litter of pups, and now she was free from the pregnancy. The new pups were tucked away in her den with Umbra watching over them, and her? She was off to find her Goddaughter! Triss hadn't received a promotion yet, but mostly because Medusa wanted to see where her child's passions lie. Was she going to follow in Widow's footsteps? Or did she have a passion for something else? Healing? Hunting? Something she hadn't quite thought of yet? She wasn't sure. But also, she needed to see that Triss was still around and not off playing with the Armada again. Medusa had not been happy the day Triss showed up at the borders with that Armada boy. She didn't understand it. Why was she running around with them, anyway? Why had she even been there that day, anyway? She wasn't sure what to do about it. She didn't want to be mean, but her father's voice told her otherwise. Could she even be mean to Triss? What would that entail, anyway? She wasn't a naturally mean wolf. She was protective of those that she considered family. She despised those who were mean and cruel without reason. Especially since she had been on the receiving end of such things, she didn't understand why others chose to be such shitty people.

She didn't know what to think about Sirius or the Armada as a whole. She hadn't had pleasant interactions with either Azure or Sirius. Both had been rude and seemed to only care about their own agenda. She had done nothing to either of them as far as she was concerned. And if Triss wanted to continue being friends with the Armada boy...well..something would have to be figured out, she was sure. She had been thinking a lot about it since that morning. Only now was she going to address it without the Armada boy and his father's flying lackey spying on her. She sought out her goddaughter, calling for the girl to come out to meet her.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
11-15-2023, 01:03 AM

By now Triss’s voice had started to heal. It was still a fragile thing, and she was weary about talking too loudly, or too often. This was certainly a period in her life where she was quiet. But sometimes it was good to just watch, and listen. At least, she was telling herself that. She was still feeling a little off with the Insomnia meeting. She hadn’t been given a promotion, just an indirect jab over who she made friends with.

It came as some surprise to her when Medusa called for her. But, whatever her feelings, she wasn’t about to leave her Alpha or Godmother waiting. She trotted quickly to where Medusa was waiting for her, and settled in at the older woman's feet. “What is it, Medusa?” she whispered.

"Speech"

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
11-28-2023, 12:39 AM

She sat in quiet contemplation up until Triss arrived, and Medusa's gaze snapped to her and her tail began to wag when she heard her speak! Oh goody! Her voice was coming back!? That was a relief! "Medusa is happy to hear that Triss' voice is coming back! She very much missed hearing Triss!" She closed the distance between them and offered a gentle hug and kiss on the top of her head if she let her, before flopping back onto her haunches. "Medusa wants to talk to Triss. There was a lot to talk about at the meeting, and Medusa is sorry she did not give Triss a promotion right away, but, that is because Medusa wanted to see what Triss wanted to do, first! She knows Triss is not a fighter or hunter, but she is smart, and is...apparently good at making friends." She winked. She couldn't stay too mad at her, after all. Despite her uneasy feelings, she wanted to trust that Triss had good judgment. She hoped, anyway.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
12-01-2023, 01:20 PM

Triss saw the immediate response Medusa had to her voice - soft and fragile as it was - and she grinned. Her own tail squished happily behind her. She was still a little worried about Medusa’s edict in the meeting, and those feelings didn’t wash away with her Godmother's smile. But… It did help.

She leaned into Medusa’s hug and accepted the kiss, letting the softer moments happen before what she knew was coming - but instead of asking about the Armada, the Wraith explained what happened at the meeting with her rank. She hadn’t been granted one because Medusa wished to know what path she wanted to follow. “I… I don’t know if I am good at making friends” She whisper-spoke. But she supposed she had actually started to make a few outside of Insomnia, hadn’t she? “I do like making friends, and seeing what's out there. Is there any path that would suit that?” She asked, her voice rasping a little at the end.

But she wasn’t wise enough to rest it, instead she looked at her paws and cleared her throat carefully. Wishing she had some water to help sooth the pain that too much talking created for her lately. “I wanted to tell you about Crux. He… he saved my life, the first day I met him.”

"Speech"

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

01-09-2024, 12:18 AM

She settled down after her affections to her goddaughter, head tilting as her brow raised at Triss' first concern. Triss not good at making friends?! Ha! She wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't seen it with her own eyes, but clearly, she had made some sort of friend - or friends - with the Armada. So when she inquired about a rank for that sort of thing, Medusa nodded. "Yes! Medusa thinks Charm would be the best fit for Triss. It's the rank Medusa has in mind for those good at talking to others, trading, messages...things that would let Triss go out to explore more." She worried for her, of course, especially considering how tiny she was. But if what the Armada boy had said was true...then it seemed she was capable of handling herself out there just fine all thins considered.

“I wanted to tell you about Crux. He… he saved my life, the first day I met him.” Ah yes...she had only really gotten one side of the story that day. She still wanted to know why Triss had been so close to Armada's borders, but since she had lost her voice, she couldn't tell anyone. "And Medusa appreciates that Crux saved Triss, but she still wants to know why Triss was over there." She settled in to wait for a story time...or something along those lines.

"Medusa"

Cryptis

Hellborn
Princess

Intermediate Healer (45)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
01-09-2024, 11:42 AM
“I think I would like that. I'd like to travel a little, and see what's out there” she agreed thoughtfully. She bounced forward and gently swiped at Medusa's front paw. “Where do you want me to go first, Wraith?” She said, her voice sounding as if she was snapping to attention, but her muzzle was a grin.

Medusa wanted to know more about Crux, and why she was there. She could do story time, as long as she treaded carefully and didn't overdo it. “I first met Crux at waterfall peak. I was scouting out herbs, and chased a rabbit. It was shortly after I…came back” from being kidnapped. “I was still remembering things, and I forgot about my asthma, I had an attack. Crux found me, he's training to be a healer, and he saved me.” She explained to her godmother. But that wasn't really the story she was asking for. “I was out at waterfall peak again, and I heard a strange roaring sound. It was scary, and heading towards the Armada. I… I had a really bad feeling, Medusa. All the guards were gone and I tried to howl but the sound drowned everything out, so I ran into Armada and found the flood. It went through their main territory and was devastating. There was so much noise, people drowning, people calling out for people. I found Crux's companion and realised Crux was still in his den. He can't swim because of the crystals on his legs. I tied some rope I found washed up, and brought it to him so he could use it ro escape.” Unlike Crux and the Warlord, she had no problem telling Medusa about the devastating flood. She cleared her throat, and swallowed a couple times to chase away the dryness that came from talking so much.

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

04-10-2024, 10:12 PM

She offered a smile and a giggle to Triss when the young girl playfully swiped at her larger paw, and it wouldn't be long before Triss offered her the story she had been so curious to know. She had met Crux at the waterfall peak, and from what Medusa could tell, the two had obviously become fast friends. She wasn't totally there in her head, but she had the sense to know that that's what had likely happened. Not to mention the fact that Triss put herself in danger to save the boy. Maybe there was more there than was let on. Whatever the case, Triss and Crux had been heroes both. One saved the other, and the other had returned the favor. Admirable, really. Medusa always wondered if she'd do the same for someone she barely knew, and honestly that was probably a 50/50 chance. She'd fight all of heaven and hell for those she loved and cared about, but a stranger was questionable at best.

She had known a little about the flood, but not the extent of it. Crux had opted to not tell her as much information as possible, though she wasn't sure why. While she didn't quite trust the Armada due to their relationship with what used to be Habari, she never had any of intentions of marching in and taking advantage of their misfortunes. That wasn't who she was. She preferred fair fights, not using a packs devastation against them. Perhaps that's what the Armada boy had been worried about? Or maybe it was Sirius' worry? Things happened all the time. Things far beyond anyone's control. Even she knew that. When Triss finished with how she had saved her friend, Medusa slowly nodded as she looked up at the sky, her head starting to tic a little as it slightly bobbed.

"Medusa is proud of Triss for being so brave. Medusa might have done the same, but she also might not have." She shrugged as a little giggle slipped out. Her life was always so full of maybes...but she'd always...probably try to do the right thing. "Does Triss think Armada might need help? They have lots of wolves...so maybe they'll be fine," She mused almost to herself. Besides, she felt like the odds of the Armada accepting her help was like teaching a duck to talk. They were too prideful, at least from what she had learned while in Habari. Oh well. "Medusa can start with them if she wants. Or maybe with uh..." Hmm.....she wasn't too sure who that she didn't already know. She had no idea what the other names of the packs in the East or Auster were other than that one castle town, and the fish wolf pack. "What does Triss think?"

"Medusa"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Lemme Tell Ya Somethin' Dancefloor of the Gods 08:37 PM, 11-09-2023 04:14 PM, 06-20-2024