size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-15-2024, 11:10 PM

The moment Artorias had received the missive from Ashen regarding the change in leadership, two things struck him immediately. First was his concern for Venom's wellbeing, worry over his close friend and peer's state and grim curiosity of what could prompt the Ashen Empress to abdicate her throne. Second was the name of the wolf that had taken over. Long had Artorias believed that Chimera Klein had left their world and died in some far-off land, surrounded by his harem of women and gaggle of offspring. Never once did he think his old friend and colleague would ever return from the dead to grace these lands with his presence again. In fact, it was so unbelievable, that Artorias had to go see it for himself.

The trip up across the Bifröst was a brief one, and Artorias arrived at the southern borders of Ashen by the early evening. He remembered the Kleins were a nocturnal bunch, so he tried to time his arrival for when they would be most active. Standing on the edge of the ravine, the Lord of Cinder's heart was eased to still smell the fresh scents of Ashen on the land. Whatever had happened to them, the pack was still here, still alive. Artorias lingered there for a moment, debating whether to formally call or to step straight into the lands he'd visited so often before—but now things had changed, the dynamic had changed, and he needed to see where the new Ashen stood in regards to their alliance. Lifting his head, Artorias howled for the alpha of Ashen, deciding to treat this properly for the time being. He needed to see Chimera alive with his own two eyes before he believed the rumors.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-17-2024, 04:14 PM

Chimera had been intending to go see Artorias for quite some time, but the timing had never been right. When he returned to these lands, he was still regaining his strength. Then Aliana fell pregnant. Then Venom fell ill. Then they chose new territory and had to move everything. Life was a time consuming things and Chimera had no doubt that Artorias would understand that. At least he'd sent word in the form of a bird.

When the call came, Chimera had partially been expecting it. Already one of the lands other alpha's had paid him a visit. He expected that there might be more in the near future. Artorias though, that was the visit that he had been looking forward to. Leaving his task behind, Chimera moved towards the border at a brisk trot.

Coming around a curve in the ravine, the black and white giant spied his old friend. Lips peeled back from layers of razor sharp teeth as the brute drew near. In that familiar, rumbling voice, Chimera spoke. "Welcome to the new Ashen, Artorias." With one black-toed paw, he motioned his friend over the border.

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
01-20-2024, 02:32 PM

Punctuality was one of the traits Chimera was known for, and Artorias was not kept waiting long before he saw the monochromatic brute emerge from the emerald valley, alive and well as much as he remembered him being. Seeing his old friend still walking amongst the living brought a relaxed smile to the blue and black brute's face. He just hoped by the end of this meeting that they would both still remain smiling. The Ashen king welcomed him to the new Ashen Empire, and it was in those words that Artorias felt the twist of concern in his gut. "Thank you, Chimera," he tipped his head graciously and accepted his fellow alpha's invite across the border. He hadn't been to Ashen since the pack had first relocated to their ancestral homelands, but from the initial view it didn't seem like much had changed—yet.

Artorias looked about the quiet ravine, still half hoping that Venom might emerge at any given moment. "When I received your missive, I almost didn't believe it. I wasn't sure we'd ever see you again with how quickly you all left," he admitted with a little chuckle. "How is your family? Well, I hope." Artorias would follow Chimera wherever his host chose to lead them. If he wished to speak amongst the trees there and then or if he wanted to walk while they spoke or find solace inside the Klein palace. There would be plenty of time to talk business. Right now, Art just wanted to catch up with his old friend and make up for lost time.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

01-26-2024, 06:12 AM

Artorias crossed the border into Ashen lands and the pair began to walk. The weather was decent enough for a bit of a stroll while they chatted. Eventually they would reach one of the shelters situated along the border, but not quite yet. That was all fine and well. Chi had a feeling that they wouldn't just be catching up.

"Life has been a whirlwind since I fell ill," he confirmed. "One thing after another." Illness, return, birth, death, insanity, a throne... There had been time for little else during this series of events. The brute had barely had time to sleep let alone make social calls.

Then Artorias asked after Chimera's family and the man's brows drew together for a moment. "Aliana and I lost a daughter," he admitted softly before continuing. "My older children have scattered to the winds but the newest litter of nine is thriving. My queens are well." Chimera then gave a friendly shoulder bump to the other man. "And your family, Artorias? Still planting pups in that lovely wife of yours?" It was easy to be a bit playful with Art and one of them had to break the ice of distance.

"Chimera"
Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-03-2024, 04:20 PM

Artorias crossed graciously across the border into Ashen at Chimera’s behest and followed alongside his friend at a leisurely pace, the two dire brutes strolling through the overgrowth. He listened as Chimera regaled him with the tale of what had happened following his sickness and his family’s departure from Auster. Chimera and his primary queen had lost a daughter, then the pair had created another litter in place of their lost child, his oldest still out amongst the world, and the rest of his queens were doing well. A mixed bag of emotions to sort through, but it also put into perspective just how long Chimera and his sect of the Kleins had been gone for.

"I’m sorry about your daughter. I can’t imagine losing a child," the Carpathian brute sympathized with his friend. He couldn’t bear to even think about losing one of his children, the very thought turning his stomach. "Nine new pups? Are you and Aliana going for some kind of record number of kids?" Artorias chuckled and gave a mischievous grin to Chi when the brute asked about his own family and if he was still putting his pups in Briar, returning the other male's playful look. "As often as I can. We're up to eleven now, so I'm starting to catch up to you. Briar and I have elected to not have a third litter just yet, though I'm sure if I insisted she wouldn't put up much of a fight. You know how that urge is." Artorias was well accustomed to how his wife got when she was in heat, and with her season just starting now only time would tell if they'd make it through summer without him planting more children inside her belly. Another chuckle rumbled in Artorias' chest; Chimera had always been able to bring out a side to him that seldom ever showed, and it seems like that hadn't changed with time.

"So I see you've found another crown to wear," he stated, deciding to just bring up the matter at hand so they could enjoy their reunion more fully without the bog of politics to slog through. "How is Venom doing? Hopefully it's nothing serious?" Details about Venom's abdication to Chimera had been scant, and Art always dreaded the worst when it came to his friends. Hopefully Chimera could assuage some of those fears he had surrounding the former Empress.

One big happy family

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

02-17-2024, 02:28 AM

Art offered condolences about the lost pup and Chimera nodded in thanks. It wasn't as difficult for the black and white man. He hadn't known the child, so it was easier to lose her than it would be to lose Ruse or Morendo or any of the others. The only thing worse than losing his children would be losing Aliana. The world had better work on killing him before it took her life.

"A record?" Chimera snorted with laughter. "I simply can't resist the woman. You've seen her. She's a bloody dream." Biased, yes, but Aliana was the most breathtaking female that he had ever laid eye upon as he told her regularly. The woman well and truly held the beasts heart in her delicate little paws. Artorias spoke of his own wife and the urge that both men knew. Another little chuckle left Chimera. Oh yeah... he knew.

Chimera led his friend to one of the common areas in the ravine, offering a comfortable place to sit while he sent one of his companions to fetch refreshments. Art brought up Chimera's new crown and the brute nodded. "Not by choice, but it's an easy role to slip back into," he assured Artorias. "Venom..." He wasn't sure exactly how much to divulge, but Chimera genuinely trusted Artorias. "She had a slip of sanity, in a sense. I'm sure she'll recover, but it wasn't wise to rule a pack with doubts as to your own mind."

Shortly after they had settled, Meg brought the pair dishes which she filled with cool, pink tinged water. Chi lifted his bowl and toasted towards his friend. "Watermelon tea. I'm a little spoiled by it." The drink was a lightly brewed green tea sweetened with the water of melons. Gem and Meg knew how much the king liked the drink, so they brought it automatically when he asked for refreshments. Spoiled man.

"Chimera"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

03-02-2024, 04:37 PM

Bantering back and forth with Chimera like this... it was refreshing. Artorias had been deprived of his friend's presence for far too long. Their causal chats on the beaches of Fenmyre just like they were chatting now came back to his mind, sending Art back in time to when he was much younger. Time was a funny thing that way. Chimera gave a hearty laugh and remarked that he simply couldn't keep his paws off of his wife, and the black and blue brute could only grin with understanding. He had indeed seen Aliana, and she was indeed a lovely fae and perfect for Chimera. It made him think of himself and Briar, how he couldn't get enough of his Deer Girl either. "Guess that's what we get for having women that are much too good for us," he remarked with a chuckle.

The two kings settled in overlooking the expansive ravine so they could catch up. Chimera, the taciturn brute that he was, answered his observation candidly. He had not chosen to take the reins of Ashen but by necessity. Venom had succumbed to a slip of sanity as the duo-toned brute phrased it, which was both reassuring and worrying simultaneously. It meant that Venom was still alive and (mostly) well, but Artorias also knew the dangers of mental illness and how they could ravage the mind as severely as the body. "We'll pray for her swift recovery. Please pass my regards on to her when you see her next. But you're right, Ashen needs strength in its leadership, and if Venom needed to step aside to recuperate, then this was the wisest choice for her and for the empire." As disappointing as it was to see such a paragon of regality fall, he knew it was for the best. Art just hoped Venom would one day collect herself enough to return to them as she was.

One of Chimera's mastiffs returned with a serving platter with drinks on them, offering the beverages to the two brutes. Artorias took his drink with a gracious tip of his head. The drink held a faintly sweet aroma, and when Chi introduced it as watermelon tea it all made sense. Art took a sip, letting the refreshing liquid wash over his palate with an appreciative hum. "I can see why. That's good stuff." Another sip of the tea before they got down to business. "I’m very glad to see you alive and well, my friend. I’ve missed your realness." There was a pause before Artorias continued, "And while I wish it was under better circumstances, we all make due with what we’re given. So what are your plans for Ashen while you’re holding the reins?" Artorias cast a curious glance at Chimera, silently wondering how much Ashen would be changing under his leadership. Would this be a rebirth of Fenmyre or would Chi stay the course Venom had set forth?

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Heard talk you were dead Cryer's Ravine 11:10 PM, 01-15-2024 08:11 AM, 05-06-2024