gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
11-05-2023, 11:54 PM
The borders of The Hallows and the lands that surrounded the pack had quickly become her most frequent haunts and had gotten to the point that she had a nearly permanent den set up in the neighboring garden. The whirlwind of a new found attraction had put her wandering and exploration to a bit of a halt, but she was quickly becoming more and more at peace with the fact that some of her memories might never return and the first half of her life was a book that was perhaps best left closed. Bits and pieces continued to slowly filter up to the surface, some pleasant and some not, but the longer that she spent with Mercury the more she began to look more toward the present and the future than she ever had the past.

Ever since the first night they had spent together she had known that she would try to make The Hallows her home again–she was just waiting for the right moment... and perhaps waiting to see if this spark between her and Mercury was truly more than one wild night. The pack was incredibly important to Mercury so she would never try to pull him away from it and she didn't want to continue dividing his time between her and his pack. Usually when she came to see him she brought nothing except for perhaps her dagger if they had previously planned to do a bit of training together, but today she brought all of her meager belongings in a makeshift bag made of hide. Putting down the bag at her side she took a long breath and then tipped her head back to let out a gentle call for Mercury, wanting to speak with him alone first before they got Artorias involved. Shifting with a bit of nervousness and excitement, she waited to see his familiar form crossing over the plains to her.

"Speech"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
11-06-2023, 12:00 AM
Despite the rather quick change in dynamic in their relationship, what had started out hot and fast became something else. Something he treasured, as the two of them took it slow. Dancing around each other as he found time in between his pack duties, and her with her explorations.

He loved those moments together, and seeing her was often the highlight of his day. Hearing her call now as it rang out across the plains, he grinned. Veering his job in her direction, he continued his quick pace across the territory. He found the familiar form of the blue-dappled woman at the borders, and his expression was warm and welcoming. “Hello, Anthea” he said, trotting closer to lean in and greet her with a kiss.

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

Advanced Intellectual (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
11-06-2023, 02:46 AM
As expected, Mercury's storm cloud form soon crested the hill and came into view, immediately bringing a little grin to her lips and calming her nervousness. She couldn't quite describe how good it felt just to have someone happy to see her like Mercury did every time she showed up at the border. She never expected him to drop everything to come greet her, but he always managed to find the time for her and she was always grateful for it. As soon as he drew close to her she stepped closer to greet him while still being mindful of the pack's border, tipping her head up to meet his muzzle with her own to return his kiss. "Hello, handsome," she replied warmly in return, leaning closer to nuzzle her cheek into his for a moment, her tail wagging gently behind her. It was very tempting to sweep him away for a bit before they got down to business, but she also didn't want to just leave her belongings at the pack's border for someone else to find so she supposed it would have to be a case of first things first.

Anthea forced herself to step back from him again and gave him a bit of a grin as she nodded to the bag that was sitting on the ground near her. "So... What do you say to seeing me more often? Every day maybe?" She almost asked if he wanted a roommate instead, but she knew that they were taking all of this slowly and feeling things out as they went so she didn't want to make assumptions and jump right to that just yet. "I think I'm ready to come back home... if that's okay with you, of course." She looked up at him expectantly, knowing that she had sprung this on him a little suddenly. It wasn't like they hadn't discussed this at all, but she had wanted to surprise him a bit with the final decision and now she hoped that wouldn't backfire on her.

"Speech"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
11-06-2023, 09:49 PM
He grinned a little wickedly as she stepped into his chest and returned his kiss. He leaned deeper into it. Closing his eyes, tasting her. His heart pounded a little quicker, and he felt a little flushed when she pulled free and nuzzled against his cheek. No one else could make his thoughts and body react as Anthea could.

In truth, he’d been so entranced with Anthea that he had missed her bag until she stepped back and nodded towards it. He glanced from it, and then to her, and raised a brow in surprise. “I think I could manage it…” He teased lightly. Was today the day? She was ready to make a choice? He stepped closer to her again, cupping a paw under her chin as he lifted her head up in a gentle motion. He kissed her again, soundly. “I’m glad. Very, very glad” He murmured softly.

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
11-10-2023, 06:48 PM
She certainly hadn't expected Mercury to deny the idea of her moving back into The Hallows, but she had been uncertain what his level of acceptance or excitement about the prospect might be. When he stepped closer to her and brought her lips to his again it swept away any of that remaining, lingering anxiousness and reminded her what had her returning here in the first place. She leaned into his touch with a pleased hum and when he told her how glad he was for her to come back home she couldn't help the wide grin that pulled across her lips. "Then I'm here to stay," she murmured in response, her tail wagging excitedly behind her.

When she had first washed up on the shore near The Hallows, she had nothing to tether her much of anywhere. She had felt adrift in many ways and searching for answers, but Mercury had given her a tether and a reason to strive for more than just surviving. Anthea tipped her head up to nuzzle her cheek into his, running a teasing kiss along the edge of one of his dark ears. "I suppose we should get Artorias' approval then... Quickly, before I get too tempted by the idea of sweeping you away into the trees first." She leaned back with a playful, suggestive grin and let him decide whether he was going to call for Artorias so they could take this celebration of sorts into the castle or if he was going to let her undeniable attraction to him get the better of her.

"Speech"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
11-26-2023, 11:22 AM
The star coated wolf gave a husk laugh and leaned closer to Anthea. His eyes danced before they slid closed and he pressed his muzzle to hers. There was more heat behind it this time. Mmm…. To wait, or to call Artorias? He pulled back with a teasing laugh and raised his head to howl for his Alpha. A part of him wanted to finalise her move here before anything could sweep her away again. Having her join the Hallows had been his desire for a while now. 

There would be time for other delights once they'd spoken to Art. Perhaps with them could come the question of where she would be denning. He didn't want to push her too much too fast. Let her pick the pace.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
11-26-2023, 01:55 PM

Calls for his attention were not uncommon or unexpected, and a call from his Commander was even more commonplace than any other. So when Mercury gave his call for his attention, the Aegis spared no time making his way to the fields where he was being summoned to. What did come as a surprise to Artorias was the sight he came across when he arrived. There stood Mercury, and at his side was a familiar fae he had come to know from her brief time in the pack. "Anthea! I wasn't expecting to see you back so soon," he greeted the wolf that had once been a patient at the Hallows with a welcoming smile. His attention turned to Mercury next. "Please tell me she's not in need of medical aid again, Merc." There was some humor in his sarcasm, but at the same time there was a genuine curiosity and confusion as to why the wolf that had left the Hallows some seasons earlier was back already.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
12-02-2023, 02:40 PM
Once Mercury let out the howl that would call Artorias to them, she waited with eagerness and a bit of nervousness for the Aegis to arrive. Mercury had alleviated many of her concerns about coming back to The Hallows, but there was still that natural nervousness around taking such a big step and making a change like this. At the very least it was a place that she was familiar with and wolves that she was already acquainted with so it wasn't like she was walking into a completely unknown situation. She would have Mercury to help her settle back in and all of the wolves she had already begun to make friends with here before she left so there was nothing to fear, but she couldn't help the excited, anxious butterflies in her stomach regardless.

Artorias was as prompt as ever, the black and blue male looking at her with recognition. She returned his smile and was relieved to see that he not only recognized her, but seemed to be happy to see her as well. She chuckled a bit when Artorias greeted her with a comment about how he hadn't been expecting to see her back so soon, giving him a slightly guilty grin and a shrug. "What can I say? Mercury makes it hard to stay away," she teased with a glance over at her lover, giving him a grin before refocusing on Artorias once more. She couldn't help but laugh lightly when he brought up the possibility that she once again needed medical aid and she was quick to shake her head. "No no, I'm luckily not in any imminent danger this time."

She glanced toward Mercury again for a bit of reassurance before she looked to the Aegis, knowing she would have to explain herself a bit. "I unfortunately–or maybe fortunately, depending on how you see it–was unable to find a way back to our homeland and as I was traveling I just kept getting drawn back here. I didn't come back empty handed, I suppose, since the trip did shake free a few memories, but... After reconnecting with Mercury I do think that it's better if I just focus on the future instead of worrying so much about the past." She leaned into his side lightly at that, a little grin tugging at her lips. "So, all that being said... I would like to rejoin the Hallows if you'll have me."

"Speech"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
12-07-2023, 09:05 PM

Mercury smiled at his Aegis as the other wolf swiftly appeared. “Thank you for coming” He said, and opened his mouth to answer Art’s following question - only for Anthea to speak first. He closed it with a smile, knowing it was right for the words to come from her. After all, this would be opening a new chapter in her life.

He listened as she spoke, enjoying the sound of her voice, and the implications of her story. She had come back here for him. “I’ll vouch for her” He added, though he did not honestly think that Art would have any hesitation. It was in his nature to take in a wolf like Anthea - it was a part of what the Hallows was. A sanctuary, a home for those that needed it.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
12-16-2023, 04:32 PM

Artorias was glad to hear that Anthea was not in any need of emergency medical assistance again, thankfully. Small blessings, he supposed. The way Anthea and Mercury were basically leaning into one another had not escaped the Aegis' attention, and he was beginning to piece together the change in their relationship dynamic the more the two of them spoke and explained her intentions. Anthea wanted to join the Hallows again, claiming she could not find a way back to her old home and that Mercury made it difficult for her to stay away. Mercury spoke up and vouched his support for her, earning him a raised brow from the Aegis. He appreciated what Mercury was trying to do, but in this case it probably wasn't as helpful as his Commander probably thought it was. Artorias had some concerns of his own he needed clarified before he could give his blessing for Anthea to rejoin the Hallows.

Turning his carefully measured gaze from Mercury back to Anthea, Artorias took pause while he considered his next words. "We welcomed you into the Hallows previously based on Mercury's vouching for you, Anthea, and you chose to leave to return to your previous home," he reminded her gently, not denying her outright but not giving her the immediate acceptance they were both probably looking for. "I'm gladdened to hear that you've done some soul-searching in your time on your own, but I'm not entirely convinced you see the Hallows as a home and not just a second best choice since you cannot return to your homelands. The Hallows is open to all, but the wolves I allow into our home as our family, I need to know they're committed to our cause and our way of life, not just accepting it as the next best alternative."

Looking back and forth between Mercury and Anthea again, he carefully read each of their reactions. He wanted to see how they would take his response and see if they understood where he was coming from. Hallowed wolves were different because they strove to leave the world better, because they committed themselves to the pack's creed and to one another. Was Anthea ready to make that commitment that she had been so ambivalent on before? "If I permit you to rejoin the Hallows, how can I be sure you won't want to leave again in a season or two, and try to take my Commander with you?" It was a fair question given Anthea's past relationship with the pack. And while Artorias did not doubt Mercury's commitment to the Hallows, he would not wish to put his friend in an awkward situation of having to choose between his duty and his love.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
12-20-2023, 12:11 AM
As she finished explaining herself and her request to rejoin the Hallows–glancing up at Mercury again with a thankful smile as he vouched for her–she noticed that Artorias' expression wasn't exactly the reassuring, happy-to-have-you sort of reaction she had been expecting. Perhaps it was just because of all of Mercury's reassurances that Artorias would certainly welcome her back that she had been so sure that would be the case, but when she saw the Aegis' assessing gaze and listened to his concerns about her dedication to the Hallows she felt her heart sink a bit and her smile faded. Her ears flicking uncertainly, she listened and gave Artorias a nod of understanding to his observations from her behavior. It was all of the things that she had worried that he would think of her. She couldn't blame him for his assumptions, but she feared now that she'd be brought back three steps just as she was beginning to take one forward.

She made sure to speak up before Mercury could say anything, giving him a quick glance before focusing on Artorias, hoping that he could see the sincerity in her expression. "I understand how this all looks, but I promise that the Hallows is not a second choice for me. When I left to try and return home, it wasn't in the hopes of doing so permanently. I... I know that our old homeland is gone and likely beyond repair. It's just that with my memories gone and fractured I had just hoped that seeing it for myself would bring some kind of closure or confirmation that what I have been able to remember was real. I know it was a fools errand, but... I had hoped that maybe I'd be able to find my family and bring them here or at least give them a proper goodbye." She paused to take a breath, swallowing past the lump in her throat before she went on. "Even though I didn't get that closure, I was able to shake free some more memories and at least remember a bit more about who I am and... if I'm being honest..." She briefly glanced up to Mercury again with a small smile, adding, "I've healed more with Mercury than I did while I was away." She was quiet for a moment before she dipped her head respectfully to Artorias and told him, "I respect whatever you decide, but I will do my very best to prove that I truly want to be here and be a valuable member of your pack if you allow me to rejoin you here."

"Speech"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
12-27-2023, 01:04 PM
He frowned at Art's unexpected words, but the expression was more thoughtful than anything else. By his alphas words, it seemed his concern had more to do with Mercury then Anthea herself. He took in Antheas glance, and returned the nod, leaving her the floor. She was fighting for her right to be here, and he would not deny her the words to do so. He trusted and respected her enough to let her speak for herself … and his thoughtful expression was shifting back to Artorias again. 

He waited until Anthea had finished her piece, before the Commander stepped forward, dipping his head low before his Aegis, and daring to place a paw over that of his liege. “I have not forgotten what I owe you, Artorias. My life and loyalty is yours.” His words were soft, but spoken with stark honesty. He wanted to see what he and Anthea were building. He respected her, and the potential of what they could become. But he was alive only because of Artorias, the loyalty he felt for the leader before him was nothing that would bend or sway easily. If Artorias was afraid that letting Anthea in would open the possibility of losing Mercury in the future… he need not worry. He had made it clear to Anthea before any of this had begun, that his loyalty was to the Hallows. To Art's version of it.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-18-2024, 03:20 PM

Artorias was not an unjust wolf. He listened to Anthea's responses to his concerns, her reasonings behind her motives and her actions. He gave her the air to state her case, paying respectful attention to her all the while. When she finished, Mercury chimed in, the Aegis' amber eyes turning to his Commander as he gave his friend the same attention. Mercury reaffirmed his loyalty to the Hallows and to him, but it wasn't necessary. Artorias truly did not believe Mercury's allegiance could be so easily swayed. His loyalty was unwavering to a fault. After a few moments of quiet pensive thought, Artorias drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"I appreciate your desire for closure, Anthea. I know the pain of loss is a hard thing to cope with, and I can respect the journey you've taken so far," he began, speaking slowly so as to gather his thoughts before making his final decision. "The Hallows is a place for second chances. I would be remiss if I did not offer that same chance to you. However, I still need to know that you're in this for the long haul and that you're committed to our cause. So for now, I will welcome you back into the Hallows, but as our guest, not a full-fledged member—yet. I want you to take this time to learn the Hallows, to get to know its members and what it means to be here, and to immerse yourself in our world. If you decide this is still the place for you, we can revisit this conversation." Artorias looked to Mercury and gave his nod of approval. "If you two wish to room together, that would be fine. For now, she's your responsibility, Commander. Show her what it means to be a part of the Hallows." With his decision made, Artorias moved aside to allow Mercury and Anthea back into Hallowed lands—and into what may be her new home should she find her fit here.

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. What's the worst that could happen? The Starlit Plains 11:54 PM, 11-05-2023 07:33 AM, 03-05-2024