size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Ali
01-27-2024, 04:01 PM
Back dated for the ball, we just slow

The ambience was warm and welcoming, the music so lively and upbeat Maki was having a hard time keeping still. Even as she fussed around, wondering if she could work up the nerve to ask someone to dance she couldn't help but find herself swaying to the beat, her tail swishing along with the rising and falling of notes. It was everything she'd imagined it to be; reality exceeded her fantasies for once in her relatively short life. It was just so nice to see everyone enjoying themselves so, even those who weren't interested in dancing had plenty of food to tuck into- and gosh did it smell delicious.

Maybe tonight wasn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but in the here and now it felt important. Like if this were to happen in one of her stories there'd be some sort of big moment. Like the protagonist would meet their love interest, or someone would be found murdered or- well, hopefully the last thing didn't happen, that'd be a real bummer, wouldn't it?

[Image: dfv6kr2-ecca3233-91c7-4b9d-8cd6-563616ef...2RHh0DJeE0]

Clove

The Hallows
Rookery Ranger

Advanced Hunter (100)

Advanced Navigator (105)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Aislyn
01-30-2024, 01:53 AM

After a few spins on the dance floor with Wilder, the boy wandered off from Clove. Saying he was hungry, and wanted to check out the spread of food. Clove watched him walk off with a smile, assuming he would be back. And so, she skirted around the sidelines. Watching each pair dance away, moving rhythmically with the beat of the music. Her tummy was starting to rumble- but she didn’t want to toddle off to Wilder again, not wanting to seem desperate for his attention. Even though she was the one who invited him. Surely he would be back soon, right? Or so she thought.

But he seemingly vanished into thin air. Clove started to feel uneasy, trying not to assume the worst. She picked up her pace a bit- gliding across the dance floor, trying to see him through the crowd. Oof! But suddenly, she bumped into another body. Whirling around, a sheepish smile on her face. She immediately apologized. “Oh, I’m sorry!” She said, looking at the girl she bumped into. She looked around her age, but dang, she was so much taller. Her pelt was a beautiful array of chimera colors, her eyes mismatched like Clove’s, and oh! She had little horns! “I didn’t see you- I was looking for a friend. But I think he left.” She admitted, looking past the girl once more, before giving up on her search. “My names Clove- what’s yours?” Well, there wasn’t any harm in making a new friend right?  

She didn't add her surname- not because she was hiding it, but because she didn't think it was important to add. The fancy, and priceless jewelry she wore, the quality of her soft, neatly brushed fur, and the rich scent of perfume on her coat were all an indication of where she came from. She was a castle girl through and through.

"Speech"

Maki

Hemlock
Soothsayer

Expert Fighter (155)

Expert Intellectual (200)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Ali
02-04-2024, 01:54 PM

It was so easy to get wrapped up in all of the what ifs, that reality just sort of slipped away for a moment until she felt someone bump into her. Or had Maki bumped into them? She'd been sort of scooting back in an awkward, if not aunty style of dancing. Had the passion and movement, but the talent and rhythm was nowhere to be seen. She whipped around, a startled oh! passing her lips as she blinked, her mind going blank for a moment, a spinning loading icon might as well have been whirring overhead for as hard as she was trying to think.

"Oh, naw don't be sorry. M'Maki." Her tail wagged high in a pleased wave, eyes squishing a little. "You smell local, you live here? Oh wait-" Did that mean she was talking to some sort of princess then? At least some noble lady with fancy blood, which Maki didn't think to realise hers was equally as blue given her lineage but stopping to think wasn't exactly a strength of hers. Oops.

"Do I need to call you Lady Clove or somethin?" Cause she was certainly dolled up to the nines, the metal of her jewellery catching the firelight and gleaming like she was precious. Rolling in nice smelling flowers and grooming herself so her fur didn't have too many cowlicks hadn't quite cut it, it seemed. She felt well common in comparison.

Clove

The Hallows
Rookery Ranger

Advanced Hunter (100)

Advanced Navigator (105)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Aislyn
02-09-2024, 05:00 AM

Their minds seemed to go blank for several seconds, both equally surprised after bumping into each other. Still, Clove wore that inviting, warm smile of hers- waiting for the girl to say hello, her name, or something along those lines. In those moments of silence, Clove couldn’t help but stare into her eyes a little longer- they were so beautiful and captivating, contrasting one another and clear as a gem. She favored the pink one especially- it reminded her of a newly bloomed carnation in springtime.

Maki was her name- or was it, M’Maki? No, the girl probably stuttered a little bit. The scene whirling around them was a bit overwhelming and all, with everyone dancing and being loud. “Yes, this is my home, my father rules over the hearthstone-“ She started, but was taken off guard by Maki’s question. Lady Clove? Now that made her smile and laugh, because she’d never been called that before. “Oh no, please! Just call me Clove, Maki.” She said, a little gleam of mischief in her eye- giving insight to the next thought forming in her mind.

Well, she’d danced with Wilder already. But who was to say, she couldn’t dance with other guests too? “You wanna dance a bit? Show everyone our moves?” A sly smile curled at her lips, revealing rows of pearly, well-kept teeth.  

"Speech"

Maki

Hemlock
Soothsayer

Expert Fighter (155)

Expert Intellectual (200)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Ali
02-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Oh phew. Maki of course liked formalities in her stories, added to the drama and intrigue, but in real life it was all kinda confusing. She'd never set out to be rude or mean, but whether she realised it or not she was totally a little naive and obtuse enough to rub someone the wrong way. Wouldn't know to not look her better directly in the eye, or accidentally brush them with her tail whilst wagging it a little too enthusiastically. Good intentions could only get ya so far but as of right now she was just coasting, chilling.

But of course, as soon as Clove suggested they ought to dance her eyes brightened like she'd stolen the glow of the chandeliers just for the added eye sparkle. A giddy glee surged through her form, adding an excitable bounce to her steps as she shifted her weight between her four paws. Almost as if she was warming up to dance again, cause she'd had so much fun last time.

"Would I?" Ugh, where was her grace and mystique? "I mean ya, after you, my lady?" She added a deep curtsey for the dramatic flare, her lips parting in a dorky grin.

The pair stepped back onto the dance floor, Maki started with a cute little bunny hop as the song's beat rose to a playful bounce. Light and jovial and above all, fun.
table coding by bunni ♥

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. boogie like you mean it Amron's Castle 04:01 PM, 01-27-2024 08:22 AM, 04-19-2024