ardent

A Little Vulture Told Me

Chimera

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
01-17-2024, 07:41 PM

She was going on her first-ever trip to visit the nearby pack. She had to admit, she wasn't sure what to think of them. She didn't know much about them other than what she learned and knew when she had been a slave of Habari. She knew they were kin to Recluse and half her members, and that one healer that had helped her with her first litter many seasons ago. Beyond that? She knew jack shit about 'em! Hell, she didn't even know that the pack had changed leaders or that they had moved! The latter part she discovered when she went to the other land and found their scents were almost vacant, but here? Here it was stronger. She had some sorta business to discuss. She had smelled Ashen scents near her borders, and she was aware of one of their young ones interacting with one of her own. She had sent her vulture, Seymour, to send word to whoever the leader was that she was on her way. If Rum wanted to make friends, she wouldn't stop him. But she'd be damned if it turned out to be the wrong choice and harm fell upon him again.

Approaching the borders, wary and hesitant, but refusing to show it, The Wraith called for Ashen's alpha. She was on guard, but even so, she had brought a sort of peace offering. An obsidian dagger with a hilt made of wolf bone. One of her finer works. And if they didn't want it? No biggie! She'd keep it for her personal collection. Though she'd been curious about the pack considering they had been close enough neighbors prior to their move, they were still close enough to be considered as such in her opinion.

"Speech"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
01-25-2024, 11:24 PM

A bird had arrived. A vulture, to be exact. The avian had informed the Ashen alpha that the leader of Insomnia was coming to pay him a visit. Chimera imagined that it had to do with Elara's little friend, Redrum. It would do them well to set some sort of rules for one another's children. He didn't put it past his adventurous daughter to try and sneak off again. He needed to know that he could trust these wolves to not harm his child.

Chimera was making his way towards the border closest to Insomnia when the howl rang out. Thankfully he wasn't too far off and adjusted his course to meet the woman. She was earthen in color; browns and russets as an undercoat, but markings of white looked as though they'd been laid upon her body as an afterthought. She was visually striking, to be sure.

The dual-toned giant's head dipped slightly in greeting. "I am Chimera Klein, King of Ashen." Once the fae had given her own name, Chi lifted a black-toed paw and motioned her over the border. If they were going to speak, they may as well be comfortable. One of the things that Chimera had been working on was setting up shelters along the border. Places where wolves might rest or relax. Chimera led Medusa to the nearest one, stepping up onto the wooden platform with it's three walls and covered roof. "Our children have become friends, it seems."

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
01-30-2024, 12:45 AM

The Wraith wouldn't have to wait long for someone to arrive, though when he did, it certainly wasn't the type of wolf she was expecting. He was a few inches taller than she was, but not by a whole lot. Honestly, she coulda swore someone else was in charge last she heard, no? Huh. Strange. She briefly wondered where this guy had come from or if he'd always been around here, but the thought was fleeting as he introduced himself. While she wasn't one to fawn over others, she knew handsome when she saw it and he was definitely that. Too bad he was a Klein, to her dismay. But alas! "Medusa!" She greeted in turn as he invited her over the border. She picked up her gift, and followed, her companions lurking nearby just in case.

Once on the platform, she figured she ought to be on her best behavior. After all, this would be her first official meeting with another alpha in a while, and she had never met Chimera prior to her becoming an alpha. Corbie and Ardyn she had met before, but this was probably different...maybe...she wasn't sure. Either way, it would be hard for her to pretend to be all normal and shit, what he saw was what he got. Just like everybody else. "Our children have become friends, it seems." She nodded as she put down the gift she had made between them. "Medusa has made Chimera King a gift for this visit. Because yes, that is what Medusa came to talk about."

She grinned as she shook out her fur, trying to get herself to relax a little more. "Medusa knows an Ashen pup came to Insomnia, and played with Redrum." She casually turned an eye toward him, her grin still grinning. "Medusa likes pups. And she did no harm, so Medusa does not have a problem. But Medusa does not know Ashen. Only that Ashen is kin to some of Insomnia's members. An Ashen healer helped Medusa a long time ago when Medusa had her first pups. Um...Seere?" There was no way she'd ever forget the name of the wolf that had been kind enough to help her in such a critical time of her life.

"Speech"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

02-01-2024, 06:40 PM

As the pair of leaders settled down to palaver, Medusa began to speak. Her manner of speech was a little odd, but it didn't bother Chimera. The woman offered him a dagger and the black and white behemoth accepted it with a nod of thanks, inspecting its make before sitting the weapon aside. "Thank you for the gift," the brute rumbled. One could never have too many weapons. The man saw this gesture as one of peace, or at least one of temporary truce.

Medusa continued to speak, stating that their children were indeed the reason for the visit. The fae admitted to liking children and Chimera nodded. "I'm quite fond of children as well," he agreed. "A child will never be intentionally harmed in Ashen while under my rule," he assured her.

Worries were shared about their status since Insomnia had absorbed some of Ashen's family. Again Chimera nodded. "I am not the previous ruler," he assured her. Takeovers happened. Medusa could have had the prior packs wolves put to death, but she had not. Seere was brought up and Chi nodded. "Seere is my niece. A very good natured wolf."

"So, Medusa," the giant began again, long forelegs crossing comfortably at the ankle, "It seems as though we can agree that our children will be safe within one another's territories." Mismatched eyes stared into the fae's blue orbs for confirmation of this assumption.

Chimera Klein

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.

Medusa

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

02-06-2024, 12:11 AM

He accepted her gift which pleased her, though it didn't take much to please the Wraith. At least he had the sense not to slight her, because that would've been bad. Medusa did not take kindly to being slighted, that much had been proven in her past. But so far, this Chimera King seemed like someone she could get along with, and as they got down to business as to why she was here, he reassured her that children would not be harmed for as long as he ruled. "Medusa promises the same. She will not harm a child that crosses Insomnia's borders," So it was good to know they were on the same page.

"I am not the previous ruler," Ooh! New leadership then? She had never met the former Ashen ruler before, but she was aware of who Venom was. As far as she was aware, Habari and Armada both had extended from Ashen's shadow, and there they had remained as far as she knew. Though she knew little of the former rulers...rules and such, she was curious about this one and how he operated. Why, if his coat wasn't so attached to him, she would've been inclined to take it and wear as her own! But before she could think more about that (which her internal thoughts did bring a giggle out), he mentioned Seere was his niece, and her tail briefly thumped beneath her. "Medusa thanks Seere for her help that day. She did not get a chance to thank her back then." Better late than never, no?

"So, Medusa." She raised her head to look at him, a slight tilt of her ears to let him know she was listening. "It seems as though we can agree that our children will be safe within one another's territories." Ah yes, there was that matter still, wasn't there? "Medusa thinks yes. Medusa is okay with Ashen pups coming to play with Redrum and Medusa's other pups. There are many eyes that can watch, they will be safe. And Medusa trusts that Ashen will do the same if Insomnia pups come here to play." She had no issues with it at all, and hoped she could trust Chimera to keep his word. Though she was unsure what reason he'd have to lie, after all, his pups would be just as much at risk as hers would be should Ashen decide to cross her. But considering he invited her in, she felt...a little more at ease. "...How does Medusa know that she can trust Chimera King?" She had enough sense to know that trust often needed to be earned. She herself, didn't trust very easily, but she was willing to give it a chance.

"Speech"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

02-26-2024, 03:15 PM

The pair of leaders were on the same page when it came to the safety of children. Chimera had no doubts that, if Medusa didn't stick to her word, Ashen could decimate Insomnia. It wouldn't come to that though. He was sure of it. Children were important and any pack that thought otherwise wouldn't last very long.

Medusa asked how she knew that she could trust Chimera and the behemoth chuckled, flashing those shark-like teeth again. "You don't," he spoke bluntly. "In choosing to allow our children to visit one another's packs, we're forced to place our faith in one another. I must take your word and you must take mine." The giant's pale pink eye fixed on the woman's face. "Does your word hold value to you?" Chimera's definitely held value to him.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Little Vulture Told Me Cryer's Ravine 07:41 PM, 01-17-2024 11:00 AM, 04-10-2024