Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-15-2024, 08:13 PM

A lot had happened since their last interaction. A lot still needed to be discussed. The weight that sat upon his chest weighed him down until he felt as if he couldn't breathe. It forces him to pace back and forth. Choosing a more secluded spot in one of the bungalows toward the southeastern shore of the isle, Gil waits. Having already sent Erish out to fetch the girl, he waits. There is impatience in his step as his fur bristles along his spine. He doesn't want to have this conversation, but it must happen. Nothing would change until he discussed it all with Jael. She had a choice to make. Words needed to be said. Emotions needed to be aired out. More so for himself than for her, but it was still unfair. Gil knew that. As much as his dark, possessive heart so badly wanted his cake and to eat it too, he knew it couldn't be that way.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualCritical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!
StudentRapid Poster - Silver1K
02-15-2024, 08:32 PM

With Modesty's display, the coyotes, the... the everything, Jael knows she's on thin ice. Knows. Feels. Wrestling with that, caught somewhere between. If she's useful, then there's no reason for them to tell her to leave. The chicken experiment was going well. She'd seen the project through to the end, and they were already seeing the benefits.

Erish's appearance leaves Jael anxious. While constantly being watched was usually a comfort, this was... different. Stomach in knots, head hanging low. With Modesty's rise, was she being driven away regardless? Heart pounding, head low as she approached, Jael can't bring herself to speak to Gilgamesh. Already looking like a dog that's been kicked, her anxious brain has already jumped to the worst case scenario.
sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-15-2024, 08:39 PM

Gil is patient and doesn't mind being made to wait. Fortunately, it helps him calm down. His fur smooths out, his retractable fangs folding back in, ears moving to a more relaxed position, he appears to be more... normal. Its not that he's angry with Jael, but no, he's anxious. Anxious for the outcome that is about to happen as soon as she walks in the door.

And there she is. Cowering as if she were in trouble. As if he had kicked her. Gil sighs, his eyes cast toward Jael as he lowers himself into a sitting postion. "Jael," he begins, but cuts himself off. Eyes then cast to the side, looking around the dimly lit bungalow, unable to look at her. "We need to talk," his tone is rough, harshly clearing his throat as if its caught on something.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualCritical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!
02-15-2024, 08:54 PM

He sits, and Jael freezes for a moment. Creeps forward a step or two, hesitates. Anxious. Licking her lips, swallowing hard-- appeasement. Heart pounding in her chest. Still, her gaze is intent on his face. It doesn't leave. The border collie stare, intense and unwavering. She can damn near taste her own pulse, and Gil won't even look at her.

Intense as her gaze is, it's a plea. The dimly lit bungalow around them holding fewer answers than Jael would have liked. Shadows casting long, nightmarish around her.
Unable to prevent herself from flinching when he finally speaks. "I'm sorry about my raid fight, I got to Sid as soon as I could but I couldn't stop it--" swallowing hard, the words falling out of her mouth all at once. An apology... she should have been able to stop it. Voice shaking, the same as her shoulders.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-15-2024, 09:01 PM

It doesn't take very many seconds of her staring that hard stare at him for Gil to bring his hardened stare back to her. Is that what she wanted? Him to show dominance over her? She showed signed of appeasement, the licking the lips, the cowering body movements, but that stare... Something about it made his insides boils in all the wrong and right ways.

He meets that pleading gaze with his own, staying still, firm in his stance, his fur bristling slightly. Her words though, they cut into him. A growl forces out, forces her to stop talking. "That is not what I called you here for," he speaks stiffly, his lips crinkling as he tries his best to keep his composure. Everything he's about to say is going to hurt both of them.

"We...tch," a sigh as he slides down onto his belly, front paws stretching out until they're on either side of her. "I cannot lose my wife, but I cannot deny the protectiveness I feel toward you," Gil begins, but hesitates. He promised Modesty, he knows he can't let it go farther. "While she has agreed to keep you within the pack, she knows...how I feel toward you," that stiff voice practically stumbles over the words. "I have to prove to her that I still wish for her to be my wife and she is not willing to share," his teeth clamp together, lips pursing together, hardened stare watching Jael's reaction.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

02-15-2024, 09:15 PM

He meets her stare. Heart squeezing, but Jael doesn't straighten. Steady, meeting his eyes. There are too many feelings here, an ache coming to life in her chest and her shoulders. Stiff, in a way that Gil hasn't been with her. Too composed. Too put together. Jael's sides ached. Weight shifting over her forepaws, leaning towards him, though she knows something bad is coming.

His paws around her, Jael stiffens but doesn't retreat. Rush of blood in her ears, heart pounding in her chest. Heart breaking in her chest. She doesn't break the stare, doesn't break the gaze. Doesn't look away from him, though they're now eye to eye. "What are you saying?" Jael knows, the heartbreak washing plainly over her tone. Voice quivering, but... fuck. Her knees shook, too. The words slipping out with a whimper, she's frozen.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-15-2024, 09:28 PM

Her words sting him. Gil knows that Jael understands exactly what he is saying. They cannot be more than Alpha and Omega. Abraxas below, he shouldn't even be here alone with her right now. If Modesty knew, she would be jump straight through to conclusions that weren't real. He doesn't respond right away though. Gil is trying to find the correct words to say because he doesn't want everything to come crumbling down yet.

Another growl leaves him as he tries to focus. Instinctually, he leans in closer to her until his chin nearly grazing her forehead. "As far as anyone is concerned, you are still mine," his voice is hushed, a breathy whisper in her ear, only meant for her. "If I ever find out that other men so much as look in your direction again, I will be make sure their skulls are bashed in. Do I make myself clear?" Gil's tongue briefly reaches out to lick across her forehead before he pulls back. It had been one dilemma that he had not yet been able to address and he would take full advantage of it now before moving onto other important matters.

Clearing his voice, it's as if a switch has been flipped. A need has been met. "To save what little I have left of my relationship, I had Urtur move your belongings to the bungalow that is closest to the chicken coop. If you need help, he'll know who to fetch." Was Gil using his companion as a sort of... saving grace? Yes. Did anyone else need to know that? No. As far as anyone else was concerned, the wolverine was simply there to help Jael keep predators away from the chickens. "After today, we cannot be seen alone unless necessary. Am I clear?" For anyone who may eavesdrop from the exterior, they would hear his voice crisp and clear now, a full understanding of clear boundaries laid out between. But what they couldn't see behind closed doors is how he looked into her soul, his eyes begging for that one moment he wished to take.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

02-15-2024, 09:57 PM

It's a growl she feels in her spine, in her chest. Her muzzle lifts, pressed beneath his chin. Jael's knees long to give way, though she can't let them yet. Her forehead pressed into the space beneath his muzzle, clinging to what touch she can steal. Closed doors were a blessing and a curse. His searing touch on her forehead, and she'd cling to him for a moment longer. Loyal like a dog... it's not even irony at this point. "I am yours in all the ways that matter," spoken like a promise, spoken like a curse. Breathed against Gilgamesh, she matches the confidentiality of his tone.

As his volume lifts, she understands. Her heart still pounding, voice quivering as she takes his words in. They hurt. She aches. All of her aches, knees shaking. It's as if she's been kicked, but Jael won't flee. All she can do is nod. Matching his volume, though her tone is nothing short of heartbroken, Jael confirms the direction. Why does her chest ache like this? "Yes sir." She wouldn't abuse the privilege. Jael knows better. But just in case... he's there.

Her tone drops, confidential once more. Gaze lifting to meet his, a wordless plea. "After today." Something in her chest recognizing his, in ways she's not sure she's familiar with. Loyal like a dog.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
03-04-2024, 11:44 AM

Her muzzle pressed against the underside of his chin brings him both comfort and remorse. Conflicted between two separate beings that warred inside of him, he lets out a sigh. As much as his insides squirm as she states "yes, sir," he forces himself to pull away. The sudden rush of cold where her skin had been sends a shiver down his spine. Tilting his head down to get a better look at her, all wide-eyed and sad looking, he frowns. How could Modesty not see that the girl needed someone?

A sigh comes out after she speaks, his gaze lifting to look outside from where they hide in the shadows. Another rumbling growl in his chest, teeth clenching together as he weighs his options. Really, he shouldn't be. Agreeing to anything would be directly betraying the promise he made to Modesty. "All I can give you is helping you to fall asleep tonight to evade the nightmares," Gil speaks softly, a tender note that he attempts to hide. It was a compromise he was willing to argue with Modesty. He couldn't bare to listen to the girl scream through another night of nightmares.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-14-2024, 10:24 AM

She needs someone, but more, she needs him. Jael has done enough damage where she remains. Being driven off by Modesty had been among her biggest fears, so this... should be relief. Should have been. Should have been, but the selfish parts of her chest, her lungs, her heart are on fire. Relocating wasn't a death sentence. Rationally thinking about this wasn't in the cards though, not now. Instead, Jael remains huddled to his side.

The tenderness doesn't escape her, as well as he tries to hide it away. Jael knows, and she'll savor what she can hold. "Thank you for keeping me safe." She speaks quietly, words pressed against his shoulder. Though she longs to dig her claws in, to cling, to hold tight... she also knows she can't. Her circumstance here, among the Raiders, was one that she was still trying to fully understand. All Jael could do for now was hold tight to him, and let that keep her grounded for now.

sleep with one eye open

table coding by bunni ♥

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. book 6: the aftermath Dove Island Archipelago 08:13 PM, 02-15-2024 07:21 AM, 03-15-2024