size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

Island HopperExplorerRapid Poster - Silver1K
02-23-2024, 10:29 AM
Even calling this place an Island felt far too generous. The air reeked of copper, unsurprisingly, thick and heavy in the air- like old blood upon his tongue. He carefully picked his way across the terrain, it was uneven and choppy under paw, as it the ocean waves had taken chunks out of the island and dragged them back to the depths. What little plant life remained was clearly only just barely clinging on, the waves paired with the clearly toxic soil reminded him of the city. That natures will wasn't always enough to find a way, some places were just far beyond salvaging and this island seemed about it.
table coding by bunni ♥
[Image: PzMsxDx.png]

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-24-2024, 08:04 AM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Álarr was in a foul mood. He'd gone swimming across the strip of ocean with Stjarna on his back, holding onto his horns, only to realize that he'd swum to the wrong island. The older man went off to investigate an odd noise as well as take care of his business. In the mean time Stjarna was hanging out on the beach trying not to be bored while letting the sun dry her coat. There didn't seem to be much in the way of life here, though she did spy some seagulls milling out on the beach. Yea, maybe she could catch one of those!

She wasn't far down the beach when she spied a colorful man with very funny looking arms. She paused a fair distance from him and called out. "Hello!"

Ronan

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Navigator (275)

Aggressor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

02-24-2024, 08:11 AM
Ronan paused, he hadn't been expecting company here but he supposed if he'd managed to wonder his way out in this direction, why couldn't someone else? He wasn't special in that regard.  Glancing down at a slope made all the more slippery by the seawater and some sort of sludge, a combination of the copper and the natural minerals in the ground maybe, he forwent even trying to scale it and instead took a slightly longer route around. Over a slanting hill that seemed mostly uneffected by the seawater and copper-take over. It would have to take a wave of a decent height to crest it, thus why it remained clear. Not making any rush to return the pups greeting just yet.

"Mind your footing here, kid." He finally said once he was within conversational distance, standing beside a spindly tree, its reaching branches sharp and thin like the fingers of his wings.

table coding by bunni ♥

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-24-2024, 08:26 AM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

The strange man suggested she mind her footing and she nodded. "I will!" She fidgeted a bit, wondering if she should continue the conversation not to be rude? What were all the questions you were supposed to ask? Deciding she really wanted to focus on the hunt she turned her attention back to the seagulls. The seagulls noticed the wolves but didn't seem overly concerned with what they were doing. It was then she spied a gull with a funny looking wing. A potential target?

Stjarna crouched down amongst the strange colors of the beach, her odd blue coloring being a help for once, assuming seagulls could even see the color. At the moment the movement of the larger wolf had their attention and Stjarna used that to creep closer to her target.

Ronan

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Navigator (275)

Aggressor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

02-24-2024, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2024, 09:06 AM by Ronan. Edited 1 time in total.)
Ronan side eyed the seagulls and was quick to work out what the pup had in mind. He was willing enough to be a distraction as he explored the Island, made no move to be quiet or sneaky, gave the pup the opening to sneak ever closer as he minded his own business. He paused briefly to sniff at some short of shrubbery, it looked and smelled like ivy, certainly in how it clung to the terrain, leaching off of the few trees that remained. Was it even ivy? He knew they were hardy and even grew all over his homeland-again, even calling it that felt too generous- so maybe it was something else? Was hard to say.

table coding by bunni ♥

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-24-2024, 09:31 AM

Stjarna moved with as much precision as she could, trying not to trigger the birds into the air. Once they got into the air she'd have no chance of catching them. Thankfully the birds were still focused on the larger man. She coiled her legs beneath her then sprang into the flock of gulls, sending them scattering into the air. She kept her focus on her target however and snagged the injured wing in her teeth. She adjusted her paws, claws out to hold onto the bird before her teeth snagged its throat. Star shook her head until at last the bird stopped moving. Her tail started to wag. Yes! She'd done it! She immediately started pulling out feathers to get to her breakfast.

Speech

Ronan

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Navigator (275)

Aggressor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Ali

02-27-2024, 04:52 AM
Glancing over at the bright, blue yearling once more, he watched as she ripped into the bird, spitting feathers all over the place. Well, at least something good had come from this place- that the pup would leave with a full belly and all. Not that he could relate, it had been a long while since he'd had something filling to eat. Not just scraps that were barely enough to get him by.

He turned to leave, thinking he ought to head back to the mainland and follow the coast, continue his efforts of getting the lay of the land.

table coding by bunni ♥

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. green isn't my colour Emerald Island 10:29 AM, 02-23-2024 10:44 PM, 03-25-2024