Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
02-07-2024, 07:08 PM

Eyes blinked open, revealing a world he didn't quite recognize. Where was he? One minute, he was in the world he had grown accustomed to, and the next he was...here. The sky above him was gray and dreary, droplets of rain falling around him. Confused, he looked around and realized he was on a beach, the waves lapping hungrily at the shore, each wave shimmering a brilliant blue with each touch of the earth. He turned around, and in the distance he could see the shape of the crumbled castle. A place he hadn't seen in years. "This is impossible..." He whispered under his breath. The ground beneath his paws...the sand...he could feel it. At least enough to where he could feel it shifting between his toes. He took in a breath of air, and he didn't know if it was actually happening or if it was his imagination, but he swore he could feel the air in his lungs. Or perhaps it was just wishful thinking, whatever the case, the Winter King started slowly across the beach, looking back every few steps to find his paw prints in the sand behind him. A sort of...giddy feeling overcame him. He was alive again! Or at least...here in some shape or form. He knew he wasn't truly alive anymore. But somehow, he had managed to come back and left Somnium's world behind.

Were Finn and Lumi here too? He had recently seen them in Somnium, too. Both having passed away of natural causes, but not before having had a family of their own. Although they were foxes, he had always considered them as his own blood. And they had both found mates of their own and started a family, so he had grandchildren around somewhere! What about Winter? He hadn't seen her in sometime, but he knew she and her brother had both had a child each too, and he was eager to meet them! There was so much he wanted to do now that he was back, but how much time did he have? That part, of course, he was unsure of. Regardless, he would use his time wisely, of course. And his first step was to find Bellamy...though he had no idea where she might be...

speech action

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-07-2024, 07:57 PM

Lucette had changed her bandages, tending to the still healing injuries she had gotten. Her neck and shoulder ached… She blamed the rough weather for that. Regardless of the light drizzle falling from the heavens Bellamy took a walk. Her path led her away from the falls, down toward the border. She did not know how long her daughter would be away from Ethne… she just prayed that she would be safe. The fact that her grandson had followed the raiders was worrying… Gavroche’s big heart might be the death of him… again.

Bellamy knew she shouldn't have left Ethne’s boundaries… no doubt the moment Bae-Syl realized she was gone he’d put up a fuss and start searching for her. She knew he cared… knew the pack cared… but… she just needed some time to clear her head.

The feel of the sand under her paws was cool… compact. The rains Auster had been getting has been consistent. The sound of the waves lapping the shore were soothing… a sound besides her own troubled thoughts. Bellamy lifted her gaze… and froze. How… was he…? A whine left her lips. “A-Ace…?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
02-07-2024, 08:23 PM

It seemed fate would work in his favor, because he didn't have to go very far before he saw her. Words of surprise reached his black tipped ears, crimson gaze rising to find her standing not far from him. His lips twitched up in a smile, the cold wind ruffling his fur as he stood there, assessing her reaction. She seemed to be in disbelief at what she was seeing, which honestly, he didn't blame her for it. He could hardly believe he was here himself, and if not for the fact he could feel the wind and rain, and the sand shifting beneath his feet, well...he would've assumed he had somehow manifested this place in his own world. But considering he hadn't been here in years and barely remembered it, and the fact he wasn't in the Pines anymore, told him this was real to some extent. "Bellamy...it's good to see you again,"

He slowly approached her, head tilted slightly as he came to stand before her. "You look worse for wear..." He murmured as he glanced at the bandages that covered fresh wounds. What trouble had she gotten herself into? Did Ignis have anything to do with it?

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-08-2024, 09:06 PM

He was here, somehow… but how? He had been among the stars, and even now she could tell that he wasn’t really the same as she was, not… truly alive… and yet… he seemed more “solid” than he’d been before. Did it matter how? Tears pricked Bellamy’s eyes as Acere approached her. She had been relying on him as she healed in the Hallows, she had hoped to be able to give him more good news when she saw him again… but the raid had turned that all upside down. Her daughter had said that what she had done was a mistake… but Bellamy didn’t believe that. She had maimed a child… and her feelings about the situation were mixed at best.

There was no hiding the injuries she had sustained, and the concern in his voice caused her ears to fall. This… was not how she wanted him to see her. She sighed softly, gaze falling to her paws. “It’s nothing I can’t handle, Ace…” The cool drops from the heavens fell, the wind blowing past her only adding to the somber mood.

“Raiders came… things… escalated.” Bellamy’s gaze turned out toward the water, her gaze troubled. “Much like when I was in Winterfell… I… I lost myself. And I fucked up Acere. I fucked up bad.” She looked back at him now. Shame wore on her. “There was a kid among the raiding party. I lost sight of things… I maimed her.” Her voice had gotten quiet.

“I told my daughter she should cast me out of the pack, before their ire comes to all of Ethne but… she didn’t…” Bellamy’s gaze fell once more. “Past or not… what I did as a child does not mean all children would live that way… this is going to be a blood feud I’m sure.” And there was nothing she could do to stop it from becoming one.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
02-28-2024, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 12:46 AM by Acere. Edited 1 time in total.)

"It's nothing I can't handle, Ace..." He didn't doubt that she could handle herself. But her voice betrayed something out of the ordinary had happened, and he was curious about it. Her tone was...sad. Her demeanor betraying something else, too. Regret? Shame? He couldn't quite place it, but he had the feeling something bad had happened. And that answer came as she spoke again. She explained to him the matter that had transpired. And all throughout, he had nothing but a soft, understanding gaze as she told him. She had maimed a child during a raid on Ethne...and he couldn't help the way his lips pursed together for a moment as he considered what she'd told him.

He could see the shame on her face. The look in her eyes. The pain at what she'd done. He too, glanced out to the ocean for a moment before turning back to her. While he doubted there was anything he could do to help her physically with the matter, at least he could be here for her now in some form. He wished he could simply wash all her troubles away. Or better yet, take it upon his own shoulders so he could deal with it all and take the consequences just like he had done when he led Winterfell. But alas, even though he was here somehow, something told him that might not be possible. Not fully, anyway.

Turning his gaze back to her, he moved to rest his head over her neck in an embrace. Eyes closing for a moment as he summoned the energy that she could feel him. "I am sorry, Bellamy. It is a dire situation, one that I am not sure that I can help with beyond parting what knowledge and words I have. While yes, it is possible that a blood feud might come from this, I understand your past well enough to know why you acted the way you did. They came and attacked your home. Whether it was a raid or a siege, matters not. It was an attack on what you and your kin hold dear to you." Was it right what she had done? No. But he also knew that sometimes the trauma and memories of ones past often superseded the minds rationality in the moment. She didn't have the time she needed to think when they were being attacked. And he didn't know the pack that attacked them. He knew they were likely angry about what had happened. But even in that same boat, Bellamy felt regret about it. "It's not your fault. It was beyond your control at the time. All you and your pack can do now is do your best to meet whatever comes. Words will likely not fix the situation, so I'd avoid that route and avoid putting yourself in an even more compromising position."

He pulled away to look her in the eye. "Do not under any circumstance, try to fix this by placing yourself in the line of fire because you think you deserve punishment for what has happened." His voice was stern as he spoke. "I am here now, for as long as you need me to be. And you need to be here for your children. Your kin. And whomever else needs you. You're no good to anyone dead, or almost dead...trust me. I know."

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-29-2024, 08:41 PM

The quieter she became, the more she lowered her gaze, the more her body became weighted. She felt heavy, regret lying over her. But regret wasn’t going to change what she had done. Regret wasn’t going to give that kid her innocence back. She was a monster… Divinites above she was a monster. Even though both Haydee and Acere tried to comfort her, even if there were reasons behind why she had acted as she had, it didn’t justify it. But a part of the woman knew that he knew that. That it wasn’t that he was justifying it, but he saw that she had regret. If she was truly an evil wolf, would she have felt that? She lifted her gaze back to him.

“It is my fault, Ace. Whether or not I was in control, whether or not I have the past I have, I am responsible for what happened. Not my daughter, not Ethne, but me.” She frowned. And he read exactly what she already tried. It brought a soft chuckle. “Tried that route already… my daughter wasn’t having any of it though.” She doubted he would be surprised by that either. She would press into him. It wasn’t the same as when he was alive, but she could feel him. Tears filled her eyes and she squeezed her eyes closed.

“I need you here forever… hope you didn’t have any other plans…” It was meant to be light hearted, but her relief in the fact he was here to help, to provide comfort, to provide her company… It was overwhelming. “I want you to stay with me…”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-31-2024, 12:58 AM

He listened to what she had to say. She truly did believe herself a monster, and he wasn't sure what else to tell her to help her believe otherwise. Not yet, at least. She needed to be ready for that and forgive herself for it on her own time. Whether or not she would before her time was unknown, but he believed she could. That she would. When she was ready. He did his best to comfort her, bringing her in close and breathing in her scent. Or at least, the memory of her scent (probably.) “I need you here forever… hope you didn’t have any other plans…” He couldn't help the smile that tugged at his lips, the spark in his eye and the warmth in his heart. "Did I not say that I'd be here for you for as long as you need me?" He pulled back a bit, his grin growing as he pretended to think. "Actually, I was planning on...well...nothing, I suppose." He laughed a little as he moved closer again, wrapping his neck over hers as he took in her warmth.

“I want you to stay with me…” He breathed her in, eyes closing with contentment and happiness as he felt his heart flutter. He hadn't felt like this in a long time...he only wished he had been able to feel this and do this when he was alive. Regardless, it was never too late, right? "As you wish... He stood there. Holding her. Doing his best to comfort her despite his lack of a true physical form. Still, he focused his energy for her. So that she could feel he truly wanted her. It took quite a bit of willpower, but once he figured it out, he managed to make himself a little more solid. While it was still a different feeling, at least she'd be able to feel his embrace...and he could feel hers. "I love you, Bellamy. I will forever and always be yours."

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-31-2024, 06:23 PM

His response brought comfort, and Bellamy felt the last of her defenses slip away from her. He would stay for as long as she needed, even if that was forever. Bellamy stood there, leaned against him, taking in his presence. It was different and yet she could feel him. It was enough to bring the woman to tears. They pricked at her eyes as he held her and Bellamy broke. Acere had once seen her at a lowest, at a time when her past had caused her to lose herself. Just like it had during this last raid… if any wolf knew the truth of what had happened, had seen it happen with their own eyes, it was Acere. Bellamy drew in a breath, keeping her eyes squeezed closed.

Acere is the healing she needs now. While she is no longer mourning Gavroche, his death has impacted her in a way that she knows is irreparable. Part of her spirit has become bitter and cold, retaliating against those who would stand against Ethne with so much venom… Ethne had never been intended to be a pack of light, but they were intended to be good meaning. But now… were they becoming monsters? Would the pack follow in her pawprints…?

Acere’s words pulled her from her thoughts. “I love you too,” She lifted her head, opening teary eyes to look at him. “And I am yours, always and forever, Ace.” She drew away, motioning with her muzzle.

“Come on… I… I don’t know if taking you to my den is the best idea yet…” Considering her den was connected with her daughter’s and if she couldn’t see Acere she might think Bellamy did crack and lose her mind… “But I knew just the place to set us up in Ethne.” A small smile touched her lips. This time she would be showing Acere the home she had helped create, and he would be part of it. She stepped back toward Ethne, feeling a bit excited at being able to show Acere Ethne for the first time.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. What's left of me is yours to keep The Shimmering Shore 07:08 PM, 02-07-2024 12:59 PM, 04-28-2024