gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
01-31-2024, 03:39 PM

It is not terribly often that Akito finds his way in Boreas. As of late, he had been preoccupied with helping care for his siblings and practicing with his older ones. Plus there had been enough friend making with the girl from the Hallows. But with the sudden appearance of Vidarr and Tenshi in the oaks, it had reminded Akito that maybe he would want to go see Maki. Not that he liked her or anything, but he considered them friends. Maybe. He wasn't sure. He didn't exactly emote very well and it is possible that she doesn't think the same about him as he does her. Either way, a good visit to the mountain would be an excuse to get out of the miserable weather that had Auster in a chokehold.

Feeling more comfortable now that he was in drier land with the sun shining down through a cloudless sky, he was looking forward to the rest of the trip. Slung across his back was a sturdier piece of bamboo than his own staff. On each end were two buckets full of different herbs and spices and other goods Tojo-kai could produce that he knew Heidinn could not. Knowing that Vidarr would be pleased with such an offering, Akito continued to make his way east toward the maw.

1/3 meet someone new & make a trade

akito's companions are to be assumed nearby unless stated otherwise.

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualCritical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!
StudentRapid Poster - Silver1K
02-21-2024, 08:18 PM

Better to get all the trading out of the way while the weather was decent. Jael cut wide around the Plain where she had her run-in with the man who wanted to eat her, having learned her lesson. Trying to make the most of the day while it was still young, though Jael was already beginning to regret the way she'd packed. Unbalanced, her shoulder and back starting to feel funny.

Stopping in Fern Gulley to adjust her rolls of trade goods and supplies, brow deeply furrowed as she does. Still, Jael isn't so lost in thought that the scent of spices on the breeze escapes her.

Though she doesn't quite know what they all are, the young man carrying them doesn't look... doesn't look so intimidating. Peering curiously as she hails the lad, Jael's tone is polite. "Excuse me... are you a trader?" They were headed in the same direction, or at least it seemed so. Maybe she could even offer him some of the heavier things now-- fresh island fruits were delicious, but they had some weight.

Jael, The Pet

table coding by bunni ♥
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

Master Intellectual (330)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-21-2024, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 08:46 AM by Akito. Edited 1 time in total.)

He's minding his business, not particularly paying any attention to his surroundings when he notices movement from the corner of his eye. An ear turns first to hear the soft vocals of the girl before his head is turning in her direction. Akito comes to a stop, his monochrome eyes peering down at the tiny dog with a... not quite scrutinizing, but also not quite apathetic expression either. It was a weird mix. He's working on it, okay.

Realizing he hadn't actually said anything yet, Akito clears his throat. "Ah, mm, no," the obvious lilt of his accent makes the common tongue sound strange. "I'm carrying these supplies to Heidinn," he moves his muzzle to point it in the direction of Fenrir's Maw. When he looks back down at the dog, he notices how she is carrying supplies as well, but from their scents, they are vastly different than what he carries. Is that why she thought he was a trader?

"Perhaps, we could trade. I am sure Vidarr will not miss a few items," Vidarr actually had no idea Akito was even coming so a few items traded with another trader of sorts wouldn't be any swear or hair off the old man's back. Moving to the side, Akito slips off the bamboo and carefully lets the buckets move to sit on the grassy ground. "Have a look," he motions a paw to the two buckets that are filled to the brim with a variety of spices and items.

2/3 meet someone new & make a trade

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualCritical Attack!Double MasterHomebodyCritical Block!
02-28-2024, 12:10 AM

Well, at least he didn't look offended. Or like he was going to eat her, on the spot. Jael allows herself to relax incrementally, though her guard remained high. He is businesslike, which she can appreciate. It seemed he wasn't interested in a pound of flesh, even if she's mistaken him for something he's not. As the man takes a moment to reconsider her offer, Jael found herself pleased.

The spices smelled divine, enough that she saw it worth shortening her entire trip. While she wouldn't clean the courier of his goods, she's quick to set down her own packed goods in turn. Unrolling them and tilting her muzzle to the young man, offering a look. "I'm Jael. I deal in scrap, pearls, and doves." She offered a light smile, trying to break some of her own tension in the process. Carefully looking over the contents of the buckets, she's quick to hone in on some key points of interest. The ginger and tea leaves smelled divine, her tail giving an eager wag.

"I'm interested in some ginger, as well as some tea leaves. Also, if any of these tinctures or blends will help treat cough," Jael looked to the not-quite trader, a little smile and tip of her head. "I have metal and plastic scrap, and pearl tools with me. I can send a courier for raw pearls and doves, that will meet us half way to your destination." In her past life, she'd been a seasoned trader. Still, Jael has no name here. There were packs that disliked the Raiders, for reasons still unknown to her. Making a few deals on the kinder side of fair? More than reasonable, given her situation.

Jael, The Pet

table coding by bunni ♥
As her keepers, Gilgamesh and Modesty may join any of Jael’s threads if they deem necessary.

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
03-04-2024, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 08:47 AM by Akito. Edited 1 time in total.)

She offers her name and he realizes he had not done the same yet. "Hattori Akito," he offers in return, nodding his head respectfully toward her as she unrolled her own satchel of items. Stepping to the side, Akito examines her wares as she examines his. Metal scraps, items he had never actually eyes on before. His paw reaches out to feel the smooth surfaces and jagged edges. They would make for good armor pieces, sturdier than the bamboo he was so fond of. Even the pearl tools would be useful if he could find a companion to help him wield them. Perhaps Askell's or Kuroo's monkeys would find some use of them.

A thoughtful hum leaves him as the girl begins to speak. Did any of them help treat coughs? His brow furrows as he tries to remember what Fuji and Sedna had told him of the items. "There should be," he moves to the buckets, sifting until he reveals a small tincture bottle full of a dark liquid. "I believe it is peppermint and marshmallow root. There is also some turmeric in there too that would help," Akito adds, though he's no healer, he just has an immaculate memory.

Taking a step back so she can finish looking through some items, he considers what she has to offer. "Well, Jael, I have no use for doves," in the background, his own two ravens settle into an oak tree, looking as ominous as one would believe. "I am interested in some of the larger pieces of metal and the pearl tools. Whatever you think is fair," Akito has never traded before, but he's willing to be... open minded. The girl sounded as if she had done this a thousand times before so he would trust her, even if it did make him a bit naive.

3/3 meet someone new & make a trade

Jael

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-10-2024, 12:50 AM

She's no stranger to trading, market dealings, the like. She's not in the business of making dishonest trades, at least, not here. Doing things the right way and getting by on her wit, her guile, what have you. Jael chews the inside of her cheek, noting the boy's interest in metal. Thank fuck, she'd be able to offload it instead of carrying it all the way to market. Hell, her haul here was sufficient enough to return home with.

"A straight razor with a mother of pearl grip, and two large pieces of scrap metal? This melts down at a low heat, but is pretty soft. This takes a higher heat to melt, but it's stronger finished up." Jael's gesture is broad, offering the boy is pick. As for the razor, she unwraps it from a soft cloth to offer Akito a look before making his determination.

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
03-11-2024, 08:01 AM

Akito watches as Jael unwraps the straight razor and explains the details of the metal. He thinks for a moment, a silence settling over them. Well, he really had no idea about the metals at all or really the pearl razor, but he had a feeling Vidarr would like any of it. Appreciate the gesture, if one would. Finally, he speaks. "I'll take whatever you find is fair," he says as he gives the girl a soft nod. "I trust that you will give me a good deal," there is a hint of a smile, but his eyes say it all. He isn't above strong arming her if she leads him astray.

Once everything is settled and the deal is done, Akito places everything back carefully into his buckets. Strapping the pole back over his shoulders, he turns one last time to Jael. "If you ever find yourself in southern Auster, I will have much more to trade down there. Safe travels," with one last nod, Akito turns back to Fenrir's Maw and continues on his way to Heidinn.

-exit unless stopped-

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. pretend this is bubble gum, ok? Fern Gulley 03:39 PM, 01-31-2024 11:10 AM, 03-11-2024