gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-04-2024, 11:18 AM

Mariah stood still and watched as the small gathering faded into the shadows, their movements barely audible now as they disappeared into the distance. But instead of deaprting with them, Mariah lingered, drawn by a question that had been circling in her mind since the lesson concluded. But instead of following them, Mariah hesitated, her mind consumed by a question that had been swirling since the class ended. And so, she took a cautious step forward towards Iolaire, her eyes locked onto the older fae with a mix of curiosity and calculated determination. She couldn't shake off the feeling that there was more to learn from this enigmatic figure. Maybe she would know? Or maybe she would have different idea. Mariah refused to allow herself to get her hopes up, but it was certainly worth an inquiry.

"Excuse me," Mariah began, her voice soft yet determined. "May I ask you something?" She waited until Iolaire turned her attention fully to her, then continued, "Are you a healer as well?"

"Mariah Mendacium"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-10-2024, 06:54 PM

As Iolaire broke away from the group and made her way into the long grass, the slender, red and black girl followed. Since the girl was intent on catching up with her, Io slowed and shifted positions to walk a path with shorter grass instead. It would be silly to converse without being able to see one another, would it not?

The girl questioned Iolaire and the old fae cackled. "Poisons and healing go hand in hand. And yes, I am a healer." The woman canted her head slightly, giving the girl her full attention. She seemed to be a little sullen, contemplative. Io was intrigued. "What's on your mind, young one? Speak plainly." There was no point in beating around the bush when you were ancient.

"Speech"

Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-10-2024, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2024, 08:09 PM by Mariah. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mariah took a deep breath, steadying herself before speaking. "I am a healer as well," she admitted, her voice tinged with a hint of resignation. "But I don’t know how I can call myself that. I've been struggling with something... personal." She paused, gathering her thoughts before continuing. "No matter what I try, I can't seem to treat myself. I've spoken to many, tried countless remedies, but nothing seems to work. No matter what I intake, I continue to waste away." Her eyes locked onto Iolaire's, searching for any glimmer of insight or understanding. "Do you have any ideas?" She tried not to let her hopes rise too high, knowing that a solid answer on the topic was unlikely. However, she couldn't help but feel a casual interest in the matter and eagerly awaited any words of wisdom from Iolaire.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

03-10-2024, 08:34 PM

The longer that the girl spoke, the slower Iolaire walked. Eventually, she stood still, looking the girl over. Intrigued indeed. The unnamed girl claimed to be a healer as well and had been speaking to other healers. It was interesting and the old woman wondered if she could figure it out. Iolaire was very prideful when it came to her healing abilities. If no one else could discover what was wrong with the girl...

Iolaire motioned the girl over to the side and seated herself beside the babbling stream once more. "Tell me everything. Start from the beginning. Tell me what others have told you." After that, Iolaire would want to do a physical exam to see if she could pinpoint some issue that might be keeping the girl from putting on weight. "And tell me your damned name, girl." Mutter mutter, raised in a barn, mutter.

"Speech"

Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-10-2024, 08:50 PM

Mariah felt a surge of hope as Iolaire motioned her to sit beside the stream. She settled herself on a nearby rock, facing the older fae, grateful for the opportunity to share her burden. "Thank you," she began, her voice tinged with a mix of gratitude and desperation. "My name is Mariah." She took a deep breath, composing herself before delving into her tale.

"As I understand, I was born healthy. Not any different than my sibling." she explained, her silver eyes fixed on Iolaire's. "But after birth, this condition made itself known, and it has slowly gotten worse over time. No matter how much I eat, my body just... wastes away. I’ve tried different diets. Different sources of protein. Limited proteins. Limited solids- that seemed to slow regression, but didn’t halt it. I've tried various remedies, tonics, teas … but nothing has worked."

Mariah paused, her gaze shifting to the babbling stream beside them. "I don't understand it. I eat plenty, I rest, If I eat too much, it causes pain in my abdomen. But most don’t have to gorge themselves to excess in order to survive. I take care of myself... but nothing changes. The emaciation causes other symptoms- I’m fatigued all the time. I just … I just don’t know." She looked back at Iolaire, her eyes pleading for understanding. She didn’t realize how badly she needed someone to understand her. Even if it was a crotchety old woman whom she was never going to see again.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

03-10-2024, 09:20 PM

As Mariah spoke, Iolaire listened intently. It was good that the girl had tried various treatments and had remembered them. That cut out a lot of what Io might have prescribed. Since Mariah was asking for advice, the old woman shrugged out of her pack and came in close. "I'm going to feel around. If anything hurts or feels uncomfortable, let me know." With firm, practiced paws, Iolaire began palpitating the girl's abdomen. She moved her nimble digits about in an attempt to feel any growths or abnormalities within.

While moving her paws about Iolaire didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. The old wolf took a step back and sat down, staring at the girl with a scrunched brow. "Without getting inside and looking around, I can't tell you exactly what the issue is. I didn't feel anything wrong, so the best course of action is to treat your gut and make it happy enough for absorption of nutrients."

Iolaire sat and thought for a while longer, her brows drawn together as she stared hard at the girl. "Slippery elm, plantain, marshmallow root, licorice root and fennel." she advised. "Mix the lot together and take a teaspoon in water every morning and night. Are you part of a pack, girl?"

"Speech"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-10-2024, 09:34 PM

Mariah felt a mix of relief and apprehension as Iolaire examined her abdomen. She was grateful that the old fae didn't find anything immediately concerning, but the lack of a clear diagnosis left her feeling frustrated and uncertain. As Iolaire suggested a course of treatment, Mariah listened attentively, committing the names of the herbs to memory. She nodded as Iolaire finished speaking, grateful for any potential solution to her condition.

"I'll try that particular herbal mixture," Mariah replied, her voice filled with determination. "Thank you for your advice." She hesitated for a moment before continuing. "Yes, I am part of a pack. Elysium." She hesitated for a moment before continuing, a flicker of uncertainty crossing her face. "Do you think... do you think there's hope for me? That I can find a deal with this?" Her voice was hopeful yet tinged with doubt, unsure of what the future held for her health.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I don't know you, but do you know me? Serpent Plains 11:18 AM, 03-04-2024 06:12 AM, 03-23-2024