Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-10-2024, 01:00 PM
After speaking to Briar, the Warlord would call for his Son in Law, anticipating that the young leader would take this news well. But one never knew how another would feel about hosting his Inlaw for an unknown amount of time. Just as it was no easy decision for him to walk away from the Armada and let Basilisk settle in. But he knew it was necessary, and he would not take easily to any changes the younger wolf made. This way, Basilisk could find his own feet.

The least Sirius could do was give Art some warning before things were finalised, and the title of Warlord was passed on to his titan of a grandson.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
03-17-2024, 07:28 PM

Artorias had heard the familiar call of Sirius for Briar, and he had left the two be to speak. After all, he had a feeling his father-in-law would want to have a word with him before his visit was out, and a short while later his suspicions were confirmed when another call came from the Warlord, this time for his presence. Artorias sank the steel he was working on in the armory into a bucket of water so it could set, the steam hissing out at the molten metal cooled. That would take some time, so he had plenty to spare for his fellow alpha and father-in-law. Wiping the sweat and slag from his brow, Artorias headed out of Hearthstone to go greet their guest out on the plains, passing by Briar on his way out with a smile and a kiss to her cheek.

He spotted the dark giant of a wolf lingering around the vast plains of the Hallows, taking in the sights no doubt. This place had become a second home to all the Fatalis family, and Art was always happy to host their kin. Approaching Sirius, the black and azure wolf moved in to embrace his father-in-law, looking the older wolf over briefly. Perhaps a little more gray in his dark fur now, but he still looked solid, healthy, alive. "I would've felt left out if you didn't say hi to me too," he teased the other male, taking a seat amongst the soft spring grasses while they talked. "It's always good to see you, Seer. To what do we owe the pleasure?" The Armada was quite a ways away on the other side of the world. For Sirius to show up here in person meant he had a very important reason for making the trek.

"Artorias"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-17-2024, 08:47 PM

The Warlord chuckled lightly as Artorias appeared. The blue wolf’s humour was clearly alive and well. “I would want you to feel slighted, you might not invite me to my grandkids next birthday” He teased lightly.

Art’s next question did bring them into the heart of the matter, however. He took a seat across from Artorias, setting his eyes on the other wolf. How the blue wolf had grown, from the tiny pup who had chased his Briar through the castle walls as a puppy. “I’m retiring” He said without fanfare. “I’m passing the pack on to Basilisk, and instead of breathing down his neck I’d like to know if myself and Isa could come and visit the Hallows while he find his rhythm as Alpha” He explained

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
03-17-2024, 09:50 PM

Sirius' words took him by surprise. Artorias blinked a few times, as if scrutinizing the Warlord's face for any signs of falsehood. When he found none, it was Art's turn to chuckle and shake his head. "You're serious, aren't you? Never thought I'd see the day Sirius Fatalis willingly abdicated the title of Warlord." Another chuckle, a friendly nudge of his shoulder against Seer's, and a friendly flash of teeth in a smile. "Gods know you've earned retirement though. You've been an alpha for longer than I've been alive! You've raised the Armada from the ground up." It was a lot of words to show Sirius just how much he'd accomplished with the Armada. It was time.

The next part of Seer's request was easy enough for Artorias to agree to, and he did so wholeheartedly, tail wagging in the grass behind him. "Of course, you and Isa are always welcome! You can stay as long as you like, provided you don't destroy anymore of our furniture." A teasing grin played on his face, but his sincerity was there all the same. He would be delighted to host his in-laws, as he was sure his children would love to spend more time with their grandparents. "Is this change happening soon? How much time do I have to prepare your room? Oh! If you stay through the winter, you can join our Feast of Unity!" The Feast had not had outside attendees in some time, but it felt like the perfect way to give Sirius some much needed R&R and let him be surrounded by his extended Carpathian family.

"Artorias"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-18-2024, 03:07 PM

“It’s not my first time, either” He reminded Artorias. The first one hadn’t stuck, because shortly after Zee had gotten sick and died, and he had been unable to live with sitting on his paws and doing nothing. He wasn’t entirely sure it would be any easier a second a time, but… “I’ve left it too long.” He said with a sigh. “If I’d done it earlier, Azure might not have left. Bas is still young, and doesn't have the same drive as Azure” If this became a passing fancy to Basilisk, the pack would fall. It was a fear he was trying very hard not to think about. He hadn’t admitted that outloud to anyone else yet, but Art was always easy to talk to. A fellow Alpha, and family.

“Thank you Art, I appreciate that” he said, and winced at the reminder about the man's furniture. “Very soon, I’m tying up my last few loose ends, and then handing it over. The pack and Basilisk have all been informed.” He explained.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

03-19-2024, 03:03 PM
Artorias gave a hearty chuckle and shook his head as he recalled Sirius’ first abysmal attempt at retirement. "How could I forget?" Hopefully this go around, Seer would be able to enjoy his newfound time and freedom. The Warlord’s mention of Azure brought about a small empathetic frown to the Aegis’ lips, along with a knowing nod. Azure… Sirius’ wayward son. As much as Art and Azure had reconciled their differences in ideologies over the years, there was still a greater part of him that was secretly grateful the ill-tempered Fatalis had not inherited the Armada. He shuddered to imagine what sort of reign of terror Azure would unleash. Fortunately, the world would never need to find out with the more even-keeled Basilisk at the helm.

"Basilisk is young, but he has the right temperament to be an excellent Warlord, not to mention the guidance from a veteran of the game of leadership," Artorias pointed out. He tactfully withheld his opinions on Bas not being as driven as Azure; perhaps that was a good thing that he wasn’t like his father. "Do you feel Bas doesn’t have the conviction to keep the Armada going?" Art’s head tilted as he inquired into Seer’s perspective of the matter. Sirius lived and breathed the Armada, Artorias did not. He could conjecture all day long, but in the end, Sirius would have the most accurate assessment of the future of the pack.

Sirius said the handover would happen soon, and Artorias nodded his head. They had a bit of time to get prepared before his in-laws showed up then. "We’ll be sure to have everything ready for you and Isa upon your arrival. It’ll be nice to let the kids have some more family around to connect to," spoke Art with an easy smile. "You’re welcome to stay with us for as long as you like. And if that’s going to be a while, I could always use a trusted voice as part of my council. Give you something to keep your mind busy while you detox off being an alpha."

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A time for change The Starlit Plains 01:00 PM, 03-10-2024 08:28 AM, 05-07-2024